PDA

View Full Version : People shouldn't play sports with their shirt off.

Tyler Durden
08-17-2008, 10:21 AM
I was playing basketball the other day and this kid wasn't wearing a shirt, and the whole time he was sweating like crazy. Everyone is like "dude, put a shirt on" and he's like "no, i'm so hot besides my shirt would just be drenched anyway". So the whole time we played nobody wanted to touch him because he was all sweaty and every time you tried to steal you would slip off his body, it's fucking disgusting. His team ended up winning because nobody wanted to touch him and it's impossible to steal. How retarded is that?

KHWHD
08-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Umm... a little bit too much information there. :confused:

T-6005
08-17-2008, 10:54 AM
You didn't want to win badly enough. Sorry.

IamSam
08-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Guaranteed you would have won if you would have given him a purple nurple

Pepparoo
08-17-2008, 11:16 AM
You love it really!

Little_Miss_1565
08-17-2008, 11:17 AM
GROSS. Kick that guy off the team! I always wondered why people ever play shirts v. skins basketball.

lost_nvrfound
08-17-2008, 11:23 AM
HAHA! Thats unpleasant. I wouldn't wanna be part of that game. Maybe he'll look back in a couple years and realize how unpleasant that is.

That or he'll get to be 42, overweight and still determined to play shirtless

Sunny
08-17-2008, 12:12 PM
oh that is guh-ROSS. ewewew.

Blitzkrieg Bop
08-17-2008, 12:25 PM
That image is now burned into my brain ... I am scarred for life ;)

hshduppsnt
08-17-2008, 12:31 PM
GROSS. Kick that guy off the team! I always wondered why people ever play shirts v. skins basketball.

yeah this i've never understood.

I've argued against it when people have tried to do it when playing 11 on 11 soccer, but at least there is SOME argument there with the giant team...

Can you really not remember the 4 guys on a basketball court playing on your team? and if you mess up once or twice, is it really a big deal?

as for shirt being drenched, that guy is a tool through and through - were there any girls around he was showing off for?
also if he was the only one without a shirt you guys should've all just stopped playing cuz I agree that's one of the worst things, and with basketball being so physical and up close... ugh... i need a shower now just talking about it...

Tijs
08-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Is it really that gross? It's just sweat and it's not like you aren't sweating yourself. I really only consider it to be a part of sports. Sometimes when we're playing like 5 vs. 5 there's one team with shirts off and one time with shirts on.

I always keep on my shirt though.

I really hate it at concerts though, because often you're pushed up against someone for a longer time, and you can't go anywhere.

wheelchairman
08-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Yeah I don't see the huge issue either. Unless it's winter and not summer.

Tyler Durden
08-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Yes it really is that gross. Whenever i tried to steal my hand was all wet and slimy so most of the time i just let him pass me because it was pretty much impossible to steal when i couldn't even grab the ball without slipping off. Thing is he was sweating like crazy, i'm not sure if the amount you sweat is hereditary but i definitely don't sweat that much even when i work just as hard. Nobody should be playing basketball like that, i mean where's your dignity you know? Have some respect for the other players.

Then at the end of the game he started bragging about how much he won. I wanted to shoot him.

Camilamazed
08-17-2008, 12:54 PM
I've seen this before haha, in a movie which I cannot recall right now. Like Tijs said, concerts are waaaay worse than games.

Sunny
08-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Is it really that gross? It's just sweat and it's not like you aren't sweating yourself. I really only consider it to be a part of sports. Sometimes when we're playing like 5 vs. 5 there's one team with shirts off and one time with shirts on.

yes, yes it is. the only bodily fluids i don't mind are mine and the person i'm having sex with. otherwise, it's really nasty. sweat itself isn't gross, just like saliva isn't gross, but would you want to touch someone's spit? really?

Camilamazed
08-17-2008, 01:06 PM
sweat itself isn't gross, just like saliva isn't gross, but would you want to touch someone's spit? really?

I was going to say I see no problem, but then I saw this coming and had second toughts haha...

RickyCrack
08-17-2008, 02:23 PM
i run all the time without a shirt on. you actually stay hydrated longer without a shirt if you're sweating than vice versa

Little_Miss_1565
08-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Running tends to be a non-contact solo activity though.

RickyCrack
08-17-2008, 02:39 PM
i used to brush up against dudes in cross country. kind of off topic, but has anybody ran a 5k with a boner?

Little_Miss_1565
08-17-2008, 02:40 PM
i used to brush up against dudes in cross country. kind of off topic, but has anybody ran a 5k with a boner?

Is this a cause/effect statement?

Pepparoo
08-17-2008, 03:33 PM
yes, yes it is. the only bodily fluids i don't mind are mine and the person i'm having sex with. otherwise, it's really nasty. sweat itself isn't gross, just like saliva isn't gross, but would you want to touch someone's spit? really?

I'm sure you don't mind really. After all nothing phases you eh strawberry bitchcake ;)

Pepparoo
08-17-2008, 03:35 PM

Beep beep!

Actually I used to brush up against guys in the shower, the thought of that after cross country gave me a raging boner... used to run everywhere with a boner!

come out swinging
08-17-2008, 05:59 PM
thats sports for you. at the gym people people sweat all the time. i know i do. when i am cycling at the gym i make 2 puddles. But at least at the gym we have sanitizer. In regulation for sports a person must have a shirt shorts and socks on at all times. But when playing sports with friends for fun it is alright but if one person is sweating to the point where they are bothering other people, i would tell them put their shirt back on and tell them bring a towel next time.

Sunny
08-17-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm sure you don't mind really. After all nothing phases you eh strawberry bitchcake ;)

what on earth is that supposed to mean?

thats sports for you. at the gym people people sweat all the time. i know i do. when i am cycling at the gym i make 2 puddles. But at least at the gym we have sanitizer.

maybe i'm nuts, but i always wipe down gym equipment prior to use. i don't want other people's... epidermis juice all over me. *shudder*

Free?
08-17-2008, 06:06 PM
*smartpants mode* People shouldn't play sports with their shirt off. You can't say that! It's too cruel for swimmers! ;)
EDIT: I just realized that I have to apologize before you guys. On my avatar I'm pretty sweaty and don't wear any shirt! Does anyone needs a hug? :D

Jakebert
08-17-2008, 06:33 PM

Ahahaha. I imagine that running with a boner would be really uncomfortable.

RickyCrack
08-17-2008, 07:18 PM
actually i hear it makes you pass out, because of the lack of air in the brain and the lack of blood in your upper head.

RickyCrack
08-17-2008, 07:30 PM
and i never wear a condom. <3 4 u

Oxygene
08-18-2008, 01:12 AM

I always keep on my shirt though.

I really hate it at concerts though, because often you're pushed up against someone for a longer time, and you can't go anywhere.

It's a question of being European or American.. Americans can't handle that kind of contact :)

It's not pleasant, but to be majorly grossed out and lose? Oh well...

Tyler Durden
08-18-2008, 01:19 AM
It's a question of being European or American.. Americans can't handle that kind of contact :)

It's not pleasant, but to be majorly grossed out and lose? Oh well...

That's not exactly something I'd be proud of, but okay. It's not that I was grossed out, whenever I tried to steal my hand slipped off his body, therefore making him slip past me like he was covered in oil or something. It's so disgusting to have sweat all over your hands. So after a couple times I just stopped trying because I can't deal with that kind of contact.

Oxygene
08-18-2008, 01:21 AM

I hope to god you never need a blood transfusion!

Oxygene
08-18-2008, 01:28 AM
That's not exactly something I'd be proud of, but okay. It's not that I was grossed out, whenever I tried to steal my hand slipped off his body, therefore making him slip past me like he was covered in oil or something. It's so disgusting to have sweat all over your hands. So after a couple times I just stopped trying because I can't deal with that kind of contact.

Who was proud of what?

Why didn't you wipe your hands?

Also - theoretically - your hand can only come in contact with him by accident when playing basketball, so it shouldn't happen that often. The majority of the time there shouldn't be such a huge difference between having a shirt and not having a shirt.

You honestly think if we put a team of half naked guys in the NBA they'd kick everyones asses?

Tyler Durden
08-18-2008, 01:41 AM
You said that Americans can't handle that kind of contact, so you were obviously proud of being able to handle it. You're European, after all.

Wipe my hands? I was at a basketball game, I was on defense constantly. It was an ongoing thing.

No, when you're stealing it's very likely that you're hand will at least touch some part of him, even if by accident because you are reaching practically right in front of him. Even if it was just a little bump I could fell all that sweat.

They wouldn't even allow that. It just shows that being shirtless in basketball is tasteless.

Oxygene
08-18-2008, 02:01 AM
You said that Americans can't handle that kind of contact, so you were obviously proud of being able to handle it. You're European, after all.

Americans can't handle the thought of eating dogs, the Chinese can can. You think that if a Chinese vegetarian states the fact that "Americans can't handle it" he's somehow proud?

Wipe my hands? I was at a basketball game, I was on defense constantly. It was an ongoing thing.

Yeah wipe your hands! I'm assuming you were wearing some kind of clothing, and not playing in the nude. Wipe it into that...

No, when you're stealing it's very likely that you're hand will at least touch some part of him, even if by accident because you are reaching practically right in front of him. Even if it was just a little bump I could fell all that sweat.

They wouldn't even allow that. It just shows that being shirtless in basketball is tasteless.

I dunno, I think you're overreacting.. It is unpleasant, but to lose the game over it, and practically give up... dunno.

Tyler Durden
08-18-2008, 02:05 AM
Americans can't handle the thought of eating dogs, the Chinese can can. You think that if a Chinese vegetarian states the fact that "Americans can't handle it" he's somehow proud?

Absolutely...I can't see how you wouldn't think that.

Yeah wipe your hands! I'm assuming you were wearing some kind of clothing, and not playing in the nude. Wipe it into that...

Like I said, it was happening constantly. Plus I shouldn't even have to wipe it off, shouldn't even be on my hands in the first place.

I dunno, I think you're overreacting.. It is unpleasant, but to lose the game over it, and practically give up... dunno.

You honestly had to be there, or else it's hard to understand how bad it really was. I know I come off like some whiny sissy but if you were in my situation you would understand.

Oxygene
08-18-2008, 02:18 AM
Absolutely...I can't see how you wouldn't think that.

Um, not everything is a competition, not everyone thinks like four year olds, stating the obvious and facts doesn't lead you on to what the person is proud of. I'm proud of the album my band recorded. I'm not proud that I don't go queasy from playing shirtless basketball.. that would be pathetic. Besides I reserve pride for things I achieve not stuff I'm accustomed to by pure chance.

Like I said, it was happening constantly. Plus I shouldn't even have to wipe it off, shouldn't even be on my hands in the first place.

yeah you shouldn't have to.. but that's no reason NOT TO.

You honestly had to be there, or else it's hard to understand how bad it really was. I know I come off like some whiny sissy but if you were in my situation you would understand.

No I do understand, and I also sweat profusely, and it is hereditary, so there isn't a whole lot you can do about it. On a personal note I hate going shirtless, and I try to fight it if I get put on a "skins" side. Because I agree it's inconsiderate.. I just think your a bit too sensitive, and you should've beaten them at basketball, taken his shirt wiped it on your ass and jammed it down his throat like HA HA!
I don't think it's like totally unacceptable or anything.. just inconvenient and unpleasant.