PDA

View Full Version : Doomsday 2012

Ryder1234
08-17-2008, 07:40 PM
So, when I first heard about this, I was skeptical, but there is a show right now on the discovery channel about it, and some of the predictions I saw were amazingly correct. And not only about 2012. There was some thing about the Hexagrams in the I Ching, and I searched it on google. This is what I came up with:

http://www.valdostamuseum.org/hamsmith/2012.html

Look at some of the time charts. The tall spikes are high times, and the low ones are vice versa. Theres the high spike in 2001, that suddenly drops, obviously 9/11. and (the one I saw on the TV was way more detailed, you could see every major event in history) theres the ones for the world wars. It declines towards the current time, and ends in 2012. This got me pretty scared, and I'm starting to think doomsday is really going to happen.

Search around on the site and tell me what you think. I know there will be some people who don't believe it, but I don't know.

hshduppsnt
08-17-2008, 07:49 PM
2012?! crap thats how long its going to take me to get my PhD and finally get out... talk about a waste...

no but seriously I've seen all this actually and you can't help but notice some coincidences but frankly I never really put much thought into it...

edit: for a facetious response... x-files says there will be an alien invasion in 2012... for colonization...
for a serious response... I know a lot of people that read a lot about this stuff but I don't have a good response to be serious so, hopefully the joke responses dont piss you off :)

Endymion
08-17-2008, 07:49 PM
people see what they want to. there's lots of random data floating around that you can manipulate to support whatever you want. you can find references to 9/11 in vanilla ice lyrics (http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=25369).

nieh
08-17-2008, 08:03 PM
you can find references to 9/11 in vanilla ice lyrics (http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=25369).

How did I not know about this sooner!?

Little_Miss_1565
08-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Stop watching that shit, the Bob Saget roast is on!

I almost wet the couch laughing and it just started.

wheelchairman
08-17-2008, 08:27 PM
How the hell is SARS a crisis?

The flu kills like 1000x more people each year. (or maybe it was 100, SARS has only taken the lives of about 100 people worldwide, ever.)

wheelchairman
08-17-2008, 08:33 PM
people see what they want to. there's lots of random data floating around that you can manipulate to support whatever you want. you can find references to 9/11 in vanilla ice lyrics (http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=25369).

That video is awesome.

jacknife737
08-17-2008, 09:08 PM

John Safran is always hilarious.

RickyCrack
08-17-2008, 09:39 PM

"what are you doing norm macdonald?"

"i wanted to see something funny so i'm reading marmaduke"

nieh
08-17-2008, 09:46 PM
http://www.graphicsmash.com/memberimages/30.gif

hshduppsnt
08-17-2008, 09:50 PM
"what are you doing norm macdonald?"

"i wanted to see something funny so i'm reading marmaduke"

every time they've even shown norm i've just started cracking up laughing

Jakebert
08-17-2008, 10:24 PM

Just watched it. Cloris Leachman was golden. Easily the best performer I've seen on one of those roasts.

coke_a_holic
08-17-2008, 10:41 PM
http://marmadukeexplained.blogspot.com/

I have nothing else to contribute, except to the Marmaduke discussion.

Lizardus
08-17-2008, 10:42 PM
Not gonna happen, Andy's busy that year.

adombomb222
08-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Its my best friends birthday... we're gonna party it up!

ad8
08-18-2008, 03:53 AM
Didn't we have a thread about this before? ...ah there it is:
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31653&highlight=2012 :D

RODNEYMULLEN
08-18-2008, 04:12 AM
Yeah and the world was also supposed to end in 92, and that obviously didn't happen.

Ryder1234
08-18-2008, 03:41 PM
I just heard some theory about, that I don't think is gonna happen.

They said that on Dec 21 2012, the earth will be in perfect alignment with the sun, and the center of the milky way, and that that only happens something like every 250,008 years or so. They said that since the earth will be passing into the bottom half of the galaxy, there might be a pole shift, and the entire crust of the earth will shift to deal with it. Like, major earthquakes. I thought, not gonna happen, but they said it had happened before, and at one point alaska was at the equator.

I still don't think that's gonna happen, it seems very unlikely.

hshduppsnt
08-18-2008, 03:44 PM
I just heard some theory about, that I don't think is gonna happen.

They said that on Dec 21 2012, the earth will be in perfect alignment with the sun, and the center of the milky way, and that that only happens something like every 250,008 years or so. They said that since the earth will be passing into the bottom half of the galaxy, there might be a pole shift, and the entire crust of the earth will shift to deal with it. Like, major earthquakes. I thought, not gonna happen, but they said it had happened before, and at one point alaska was at the equator.

I still don't think that's gonna happen, it seems very unlikely.

pole shifting i've heard of, along with polarity re-alignment - but I hadn't heard of it associated with earthquakes before - every certain number of years (im too lazy to look it up again) north and south poles are supposed to switch polarity, positive and negative.

Ryder1234
08-18-2008, 03:48 PM
They said that the re alignment would create the earthquakes. Because the plates would shift from it.

Endymion
08-18-2008, 04:08 PM
a) it's magnetic polarity, so they switch north south, not positive negative.
b) it wouldn't cause any physical changes to the earth since the earth's field is so insanely weak compared to the surface temperature that the shift won't have any effect on the ferromagnets in rock etc.
c) how does one define the "bottom" of the galaxy?
d) alignment of galactic center, sun and earth? happens once a year (just like alignment of sun/earth/moon once a month).

Ryder1234
08-18-2008, 04:12 PM
http://www.world-mysteries.com/newgw/gw_pgeryl1.htm

I found something on it.

Endymion
08-18-2008, 04:28 PM
it's some crackpot author's website, why would you believe it? try trusting science. science tells you that if/when the earth's field flips, it will have minimal effects on human life. but you could also believe some guy who writes books to invoke fear in people who don't know any better and steal their money. while you're at it you might want to become a scientologist.

Ryder1234
08-18-2008, 04:30 PM
I already said I didn't believe it would happen. I just googled it and grabbed a link.

WebDudette
08-18-2008, 04:44 PM
I've also heard that aliens are going to come and use the pyramids as landing stations. Okay so the second part is from Stargate.

Anyway, I've looked at it a little bit and it seems that anyone who knows something about anything says nothing is going to happen.

hshduppsnt
08-18-2008, 04:59 PM
a) it's magnetic polarity, so they switch north south, not positive negative.
b) it wouldn't cause any physical changes to the earth since the earth's field is so insanely weak compared to the surface temperature that the shift won't have any effect on the ferromagnets in rock etc.
c) how does one define the "bottom" of the galaxy?
d) alignment of galactic center, sun and earth? happens once a year (just like alignment of sun/earth/moon once a month).

qft - though... a does involve positive and negative charges - but you're right - technically its magnetic dipoles - saying positive and negative was easier because for some reason i couldn't think of explaining north and south switching without giving any sort of explanation... not to be saying anything against you but as an EE i didn't feel like looking like an idiot :)

edit: of course now i just look dumber but anyway yeah the key is that b is the important one there that he states.

adombomb222
08-18-2008, 11:37 PM

Won't birds be effected? Won't they fly the wrong direction when the migrate for a while? I'm pretty sure we talked about this before in Earth Science.

Endymion
08-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Won't birds be effected? Won't they fly the wrong direction when the migrate for a while? I'm pretty sure we talked about this before in Earth Science.

birds have brains. those brains have access to some sort of internal compass (i don't know how they actually do it). they're not hard-wired to "fly in the direction my internal compass is telling me is north". birds and other animals are well known to also use the direction of the sun and temperature gradients in their migration. so in short, birds will figure it out.

adombomb222
08-18-2008, 11:49 PM
I wasn't saying they'd all fly North instead of South the entire migration period. But just for a short time.