PDA

View Full Version : Your nickname's story

Free?
08-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Tell us about how did you came up with your offspring.com/forums' nickname, or maybe it has some interesting meaning that others should notice.

I'll start explaining mine. Well, I've been known as Smash for 10 years now in my life, but that nickname was obviously taken, so I had to think up something else, so I was listing some band/song/album names, some lyrics in my head trying to find something appropriate, and ended up with using Powerman 5000 song named Free. Read it's lyrics (http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/powerman5000/free.html) and figure out what is the song about, it's pretty obvious and it's the main underline of my nickname's meaning. I couldn't say for sure that Free would be an appropriate enough for me, so I had to add a question mark. Now it more or less should be clear. I also like that "Free?" can be used in general as a question everyone can ask himself.

medi01
08-18-2008, 02:15 PM
...um, my nick name in life is medi, so i just stuck an 01 on the end. preeetty simple lol

Endymion
08-18-2008, 02:16 PM
i was fifteen, stupid, and read a lot of poetry. i'd definitely use a different name if creating a new account etc wouldn't be such a hassle.

Jakebert
08-18-2008, 02:16 PM
It's a nickname from high school, which I believe is derived from Bertrand Russel's "Why I Am Not a Christian".

hshduppsnt
08-18-2008, 02:18 PM
hushed up peasant (also an early high school - 14 - creation) - lots of people thought it was hushed up pissant...

sorta one of those habit things though its a joke between a friend of mine and i and was better than the other username i've been using so... (its not really an entertaining story though - involves summer school and history class - thats all that really needs to be said)

due to lack of creativity i've never felt like changing it

Ryder1234
08-18-2008, 02:27 PM
When I made it, I was playing a lot of GTA: San Andreas, and I wasn't creative enough at that point to thing of anything else. Ryder, being my favorite character from the game, is where I got that from, and then I just randomly wrote "1234" at the end.

jacknife737
08-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Nothing glamorous or exciting, just a couple of Mighty Mighty Bosstones references, their latest studio album, and the song 737/Shoe Glue.

Vera
08-18-2008, 02:39 PM
I used to use various four-letter girl names in chatrooms as a younglin' (11-12 yrs old). Vera was the one that stuck because I got into a stupid argument with various people under it.

Go me!

Tijs
08-18-2008, 02:39 PM
nickname?.

hshduppsnt
08-18-2008, 02:45 PM
nickname?.

hahaha excellent, that's the best response yet :)

IamSam
08-18-2008, 02:49 PM
IamSam does not refer to the movie, but is a flip of the Dr. Seuss book Sam I Am.

WebDudette
08-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Oh God, I was 12-13 and watched to many flash videos on the internet.

wheelchairman
08-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Mine's not even original. Friends of mine in middle school (like I guess that was 8-9 years ago) made up a song to the spiderman theme,
"wheelchairman wheelchairman
goes where ever
his wheelchair can"

Now I keep it for simplicity's sake. On pretty much every forum I go to. (which is like 2 including this one.)

Andy
08-18-2008, 02:53 PM
I prefer it to 'Andrew'.

Although I did used to have a proper nickname on here... BATWT, which was an abbreviated version of my name on the old board, "Beat All The White Trash" - which you may know is a line taken from LAPD. I was too scared to use the 'N' word.

And I still am, apparently.

randman21
08-18-2008, 03:17 PM
lots of people thought it was hushed up pissant...

:D

Mine is the most entertaining ever. I created a hotmail when I was 12 or 13. My name is Randy (and 21 my favorite number), so I wanted to go with a derivative of that. Ranman21 was taken, so I added a "d". In those ten years, I lost all creativity in picking names, so it stuck.

T-6005
08-18-2008, 03:20 PM
People used to shorten Thibault into T-bo, since 8 letters was just too much to ask of them, and one day an acquaintance wrote it on a whiteboard and it look like T-60. I just tagged on the year I got out of high school for T-6005.

Ryder1234
08-18-2008, 03:21 PM
hushed up peasant (also an early high school - 14 - creation) - lots of people thought it was hushed up pissant...

sorta one of those habit things though its a joke between a friend of mine and i and was better than the other username i've been using so... (its not really an entertaining story though - involves summer school and history class - thats all that really needs to be said)

due to lack of creativity i've never felt like changing it

Haha, I never even thought it meant anything. I thought that if someone said your user name out loud, it would be pronounced something like "h-s-h-dupp-sint" or something. :p

come out swinging
08-18-2008, 03:27 PM
I was really into CO1 and still am today and like the song a lot because of the references of the song about life and like the guitar riffs a lot. Its fun to play

But as long as your swinging stronger you'll get by

SaiKYoU
08-18-2008, 04:12 PM
saikyou was my name for games and that things, and today i only use it when making AMVs [saikyou_amvmaker]...

but cuz i cannot change my name here, it remains as anotehr place where i use it...

Redjie
08-18-2008, 04:19 PM
People know me as Red. I just like the way it sounds if you try to say it with a brazilian accent. :)

shanna_guarana
08-18-2008, 04:35 PM
when I was 12, one boy wanted to save my number and since he had a lot of Annas in his phonebook, he wrote Shana...so friends started to call me like that...and once I sprayed Shanna on the garage behind some block of flats and when I came back from vacation I saw someone had added Guarana under it. I liked it. That's it.

Jakebert
08-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Oh, I was under the assumption that it was a Tokio Hotel reference.

mrconeman
08-18-2008, 05:22 PM
My cousin and I were smoking joints when I first made my e-mail address, that's about the long and short of it.

It's strange though, it's almost crossed over and became a nickname IRL with certain people.

shanna_guarana
08-18-2008, 05:25 PM
you're sick. jakebert

RODNEYMULLEN
08-18-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm a huge Rodney mullen fan, and that pretty much sums it up.

RickyCrack
08-18-2008, 05:36 PM
definitely not a leftover crack reference, and definitely not something i've been called since highschool and absolutely not the only name ninth has refered to me by since forever.

Rag Doll
08-18-2008, 05:48 PM
On another incarnation of the forum, we were given the option to change our usernames thanks to your friendly neighborhood HornyPope. I decided to go from dexsgirl to this, much to the disappointment of wheelchairman. I chose this because I was going through an Aerosmith phase and this is my favorite song by them.

I would change it now if it wasn't such a pain.

lost_nvrfound
08-18-2008, 06:21 PM
I was like 14 when I made a second email address and i used lost_nvrfound because I thought it sounded all poetic and artsy. I was really proud of myself at the time. My previous email had been almightykklown, which came from my middle school nickname k-klown (all of my friends and my name sounded alike so we came up with names using the first letter but they all sounded different). So I created my current alias as a way to sound more mature and artsy and whatnot...

Now I'm stuck with that name everywhere because I'm too lazy to make new accounts.

GreenTerror
08-18-2008, 08:15 PM
when I was 12, one boy wanted to save my number and since he had a lot of Annas in his phonebook, he wrote Shana...so friends started to call me like that...and once I sprayed Shanna on the garage behind some block of flats and when I came back from vacation I saw someone had added Guarana under it. I liked it. That's it.

I don't know why, but I like your story the best so far.

As for mine, I used to dye my hair all sorts of fun colors. From the age of 12, I was mostly green, or green with some other colors, and green is obviously my favorite color. Before green, I had pink, and made an AIM/e-mail account "PinkTerror25". The 25 has no meaning, and that name didn't work when I went green.

Also, I was "Beheaded" (everyone obviously knows where that one came from) when I first joined the forums before they changed it and made us all make accounts again the last time. By the time I found out the site was back, someone had already taken "Beheaded", so... GreenTerror it is.

KHWHD
08-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Shank - I've online gamed for 6 years, and I've used this name for 4 of the years I've played. Means makeshift knife (prison) - for those of you that don't know what a Shank is. ;) And no, I've never been in prison personally - but I know that's what they call them in the can. I knife a lot in the games I've played. ;)

Lizardus
08-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Reptiles are my favorite.

That's it.

0r4ng3
08-18-2008, 08:47 PM
Orange is my favorite color, but in my high school years I had kind of an obsession with it. Since I deemed the username "Orange" not original enough, I decided to make it uber-haxx0rz.

hshduppsnt
08-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Orange is my favorite color, but in my high school years I had kind of an obsession with it. Since I deemed the username "Orange" not original enough, I decided to make it uber-haxx0rz.

ok I'll bite...

define Obsession with orange - and just the color? not fruit? juice? something else?

0r4ng3
08-18-2008, 08:50 PM
I just used to really like anything that was orange. The color and the flavor. I'm still like that, but I've lightened up on it a bit.

Ryder1234
08-18-2008, 08:52 PM
You even used to write in orange.

0r4ng3
08-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Yes. Yes I did.

I even recall writing one post in red when I was really pissed off for whatever reason.

Jules69
08-18-2008, 09:02 PM
I guess mine is simple!! Jules is my nickname for Julie. I was born in 1969, so there you have it!!:cool:

hshduppsnt
08-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Yes. Yes I did.

I even recall writing one post in red when I was really pissed off for whatever reason.

haha thats amusing... message boards would be more amusing if we used colors for emotion... on top of Caps that is...

of course its too much effort right now but still... (it probably wouldn't feel too good on the eyes though...)

Jules69
08-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Mine's not even original. Friends of mine in middle school (like I guess that was 8-9 years ago) made up a song to the spiderman theme,
"wheelchairman wheelchairman
goes where ever
his wheelchair can"

Now I keep it for simplicity's sake. On pretty much every forum I go to. (which is like 2 including this one.)I thought you got the name from one of the offsprings videos, where they are racing against the wind in motorized wheelchairs!!!:o

Jakebert
08-18-2008, 09:17 PM
you're sick. jakebert

In your opinion, which is worse: Tokio Hotel or the Holocaust?

KHWHD
08-18-2008, 09:18 PM
I thought you got the name from one of the offsprings videos, where they are racing against the wind in motorized wheelchairs!!!:o

Haha, yeah.. good guess though. :p

lost_nvrfound
08-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Yes. Yes I did.

i remember those days.

Autonomist
08-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Mine is actually no relation to The Offspring at all. I was in a band called Autonomy at the time, and thought by extension that made me an Autonomist. Stupidly the term I was searching for was of course Autonomous. If I could do it all again I'd be something better.

JohnnyNemesis
08-18-2008, 09:41 PM
I love love love love love shanna_guarana's story!

Ryder1234
08-18-2008, 09:51 PM
haha thats amusing... message boards would be more amusing if we used colors for emotion... on top of Caps that is...

of course its too much effort right now but still... (it probably wouldn't feel too good on the eyes though...)

I can't think of what the color for every emotion would be though.

Embarrassed
Neutral
Angry
Happy?
Sarcastic?

Little_Miss_1565
08-18-2008, 09:52 PM
"Jennifer Lost the War." One day I was like "Who the eff is little miss 1565?" and looked it up. I thought her story was kinda really haunting. I'm really tired and have no attention span so I'm just going to copy/paste the Wikipedia page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Miss_1565

They still don't know who she was, and considering her body was still in relatively good condition when all the bodies were being identified, there doesn't seem to be a real reason why. I was also intrigued how this disaster is pretty much forgotten in American history. So she's the forgotten victim of a forgotten tragedy. Dag, yo.

KHWHD
08-18-2008, 09:53 PM
I can't think of what the color for every emotion would be though.

Embarrassed
Neutral
Angry
Happy?
Sarcastic?

Funny, cause on all the other boards I use (gaming) I've always used red. Mostly because it's my favourite colour, not because I'm angry. I started using red on here, but decided... fuck it. :eek:

Ryder1234
08-18-2008, 09:57 PM
"Jennifer Lost the War." One day I was like "Who the eff is little miss 1565?" and looked it up. I thought her story was kinda really haunting.

On a random note, one time when I was listening to Jennifer Lost the War for the first time in a long time, I heard " ...and little miss 1565..." and thought "where have I heard that before?". I came to a conclusion it was your screen name, instead of the story, even though I had read about it before. I spend too much time on here.

Funny, cause on all the other boards I use (gaming) I've always used red. Mostly because it's my favourite colour, not because I'm angry. I started using red on here, but decided... fuck it. :eek:

I remember that. :D

Little_Miss_1565
08-18-2008, 09:58 PM
On a random note, one time when I was listening to Jennifer Lost the War for the first time in a long time, I heard " ...and little miss 1565..." and thought "where have I heard that before?". I came to a conclusion it was your screen name, instead of the story, even though I had read about it before. I spend too much time on here.

Yeah, Dexter dropped that reference to me in there because he felt bad for me that boys are mean to me sometimes. :(

Ryder1234
08-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Lol. poor you :p

WebDudette
08-18-2008, 10:12 PM
Little semi-related story. I went to a house party this weekend. I had been to the house once before and drank something like 12 consecutive shots of vodka among some 4 more shots to my knowledge (and even more after that apparently). I ended up passing out and not remembering much and all in all it was a bad experience (the moral of that story is eat and sleep before you drink). But people kind of praised me for the amount I drank and one kid that I was going shot for shot with until he bowed out nicknamed me vodka-man. 'You know man, man, man, man you know what I'm gonna call you? I'm, oh man, I'm gonna call you vodka-man, 'cause like I haven't seen anyone drink vodka like you man.'

I can't imagine that is something to be proud of.

GBH2
08-18-2008, 11:11 PM
way back in the day when i was like 13 or something GBH was my 2nd favorite band.

of course, now they probably wouldn't make my top 50 or more.

Tizzalicious
08-18-2008, 11:14 PM
My nickname has been Tizz (or Tizzy, actually) forever, which came from...Hanson. Their first names, Taylor Isaac, Zac, with a little -zy added for cuteness.

Then a few years ago, Per called me Tizzalicious sometimes on MSN. This was WAY before we became a couple, or even met. When I had to sign up somewhere for the first time after that, I decided to use it, and I've been using everywhere ever since. Including my shop, so now it's a little annoying that I'm called Tizzalicious everywhere, because if people search for my shop name in google, they will find a whole lot of other crap about me too.

Anyway, I think it's kinda cute that Per came up with it so long ago.

HornyPope
08-18-2008, 11:58 PM
I played Diabo (I) at the time and there was a sorcerer a rogue and a knight class. I had a sorcerer character for almost a year, except I thought he was a priest for the longest time. I wanted to call him a "Horny priest" (I think because I was very horny at the time?) but the name was taken. So I called my character a HornyPope and well that was around the same time I joined this board so...

disclaimer_07
08-19-2008, 12:17 AM
I guess I came up with my nickname for the very first time when I was registering to these boards. I wanted something connected with The Offspring and "disclaimer" seemed a fairly good choice to me. But I think that "disclaimer" itself was already taken, so I just decided to add "_07" at the end, which is the day of my birth by the way. There you go, that pretty much explains the whole thing.

HornyPope
08-19-2008, 12:21 AM
My cousin and I were smoking joints when I first made my e-mail address, that's about the long and short of it.

It's strange though, it's almost crossed over and became a nickname IRL with certain people.

Oh hahaha I get it.

Vera
08-19-2008, 12:36 AM
Btw, Tizz, the other day I was walking down a street in downtown Helsinki with all these little shops, fashion boutiques and shoe stores and stuff and there was a ..hair dresser's, I think, with your name on it. I can't remember the name exactly anymore but I'm pretty sure it was "Tizza" or something. Maybe that means something in Italian.. :]

dff_punk
08-19-2008, 01:35 AM
I actually quite don't remember. I was a little kid, using the internet for the first time, and I needed a screen name somewhere so I randomly wrote "dff" there. I added the "_punk" some years later, just because dff was already taken.

My friends joked about it that dff could stand for "david female fucker"(yes, my name is David) :D

randman21
08-19-2008, 02:34 AM
I played Diabo (I) at the time and there was a sorcerer a rogue and a knight class. I had a sorcerer character for almost a year, except I thought he was a priest for the longest time. I wanted to call him a "Horny priest" (I think because I was very horny at the time?) but the name was taken. So I called my character a HornyPope and well that was around the same time I joined this board so...

Ahhh. I always thought it was a kind of social satire, lampooning the priest/molestation thing.

Blitzkrieg Bop
08-19-2008, 04:17 AM
Mine, I think is pretty obvious :)

I have always been a Ramones fan as far back as I can remember and knowing that the Offspring covered the song live, I thought why not.

shanna_guarana
08-19-2008, 04:19 AM
I don't know why, but I like your story the best so far.

hah...as I can see it's one of the rare ones that wasn't born on the computer, by creating e-mail address...during some colder days I used to wear my owl sweatshirt or top or sth....like, it has hundreds of little owls on it....and since we have the guarana energy drink here which is very popular and it's symbol is an owl...my friends sometimes called me by my full nickname...usually when I had that top on...

I like greenterror's...what's your hair colour now..? :D

In your opinion, which is worse: Tokio Hotel or the Holocaust?

you mean the band holocaust, or the real holocaust..?

GreenTerror
08-19-2008, 04:42 AM
I like greenterror's...what's your hair colour now..? :D

It's been basically brown for the past couple years. I've kinda grown up a little since then, I guess.

Drums beating in my Heart
08-19-2008, 04:49 AM
1)I'm a drummer

2) "Sound of the drums, beating in my heart" is a line from Thunderstruck (AC/DC) and I shortened it "Drums beating in my Heart"

holland25
08-19-2008, 05:42 AM
Well, my nickname story: the first part is a rip-off of my favourite band's lead singer's surname (I'm sure noone would expect it) and 25 is my lucky number I started to use after falling in love with a girl wearing that number on her basketball dress. I was 14 by then... Good ol' times...

ad8
08-19-2008, 05:44 AM
My nickname consists of the first two characters of my real name and my favourite number (when I was like 10 years, I played football/soccer and I got a shirt of my club. I was very proud of that shirt and I also liked the back number (8)).
I think I created the name when I had to think of a nickname for ICQ, and I wanted something short that people would be able to easily recall.

Jojan
08-19-2008, 06:58 AM
My neighbour started calling me something like Jojan, and when I started to go onto Internet In called myself that.

Oxygene
08-19-2008, 07:00 AM
my nickname came from joining IRC...
I was being guided through e-mails how to use it for the first time 95-96 or so online, like one e-mail every 50 seconds to try and help me join.
And I put in my sirname which was taken so it started throwing me out, and I was pissed off 'cause I didn't have much time to figure it out. I was listening to the offspring song Nitro, and I was like yeah Nitro that's pretty cool. But Dexter was starting nitro records around that time, and I thought, well fuck every other fucktard is gonna call himself Nitro. I had just come from chemistry class, so I was like choose another element. So Oxygen was chosen...

I added the extra e by accident, at first, honestly I don't know if it was a spelling error or just like a typeo from hurrying up.. But ever since I heard Dexter pronounce it as Oxy-"gene" like in gene pool or the name eugene.. I stated the extra "e" is like a tribute to Dexter's studies in biology. Atleast that's what I told the press.. it sounded better than "I'm a fucktard who can't spell / type" =)

It went over into r/l when my band started to get better known, and it's sorta stayed. So I turn my head when I hear Ox, Oxy, or Oxygen or Oxygene in English or Hungarian, which can lead to funny stuff sometimes.

And someone once stole it :)
I think...

The Search Button
08-19-2008, 08:53 AM
When I was just a ghost on this forum, I mean when I just read and did not participate, there was some heated discussion about the (lack of) use of the said button. Nothing changed in these years, I guess.

Therefore, when I decided to join this "Hidenberg" the choice was pretty obvious.

Also, I like a little bit of non-sense.

Jakebert
08-19-2008, 10:13 AM
you mean the band holocaust, or the real holocaust..?

Well, let's say both.

Keyser
08-19-2008, 10:20 AM
I'm teh Keyser :D

Splinter[PI]
08-19-2008, 10:41 AM
I creted this nickname a few days after my dad gave me the album called 'Splinter'. I needed a name for some character in a game, and after a few minutes Splinter came to my mind. I didn't realize that it was the name of that CD I've received. I use the nickname since then. Some people even call me Splinter.

oh, and the [PI]: This stands for project infcom. For those of you who speak german, here (http://infcom.ch/) are some informations about it.

Lodat225
08-19-2008, 11:29 AM
I think everybody knows why I have this name. Just an abbreviation from my first account on here.

Oh, and the 225 is just a random number.

syyr*boi
08-19-2008, 12:11 PM
syyr comes from seyyar only without its vowels... and seyyar means travelling in english... boi is the boi of sk8er boi... I used to listen avril lavigne when she published her first and second albums... here it is syyr*boi

originally when I was in mid school 5-6 years ago my friends kept calling me "seyyar kerane" in school it means travelling whorehouse...

but I changed it into syyr*boi for this board..

Mota Boy
08-19-2008, 01:11 PM
*cough*...

HornyPope
08-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Ahhh. I always thought it was a kind of social satire, lampooning the priest/molestation thing.

Well, there was intense, geopolitical pressure on me to change my name around the time the news began to circulate about a record high incidents of horny priests everywhere. Imagine this, they accused me of being insensitive to the priests and the victims of the priests. Remember the time when they also wanted to ban people from using the word Anthrax? Well, that was around the same time I think. Well, fuck that. You know what I told 'em? I told 'em I'm pro free speech.

jacknife737
08-19-2008, 01:36 PM

Backed; the best one that i've read.

lost_nvrfound
08-19-2008, 02:11 PM
"Jennifer Lost the War." One day I was like "Who the eff is little miss 1565?" and looked it up. I thought her story was kinda really haunting. I'm really tired and have no attention span so I'm just going to copy/paste the Wikipedia page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Miss_1565

They still don't know who she was, and considering her body was still in relatively good condition when all the bodies were being identified, there doesn't seem to be a real reason why. I was also intrigued how this disaster is pretty much forgotten in American history. So she's the forgotten victim of a forgotten tragedy. Dag, yo.

eerie... thats really kind of sad. I had never even thought to look up little miss 1565... I don't know why. I just never really thought about it. But I know I've heard of the circus fire before.

Beeble
08-19-2008, 03:52 PM
my nickname, MC Doggy, came from me joking to be a rapper :D

shanna_guarana
08-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Well, let's say both.

then I'd say the holocaust.

coke_a_holic
08-19-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm a shameless capitalist.

adombomb222
08-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Mine's a little weird...

Atom = the make up of life.
Adam = the first human being (according to the bible)

Atom + Adam = Adom (Or Atam, but that looks gay)

Then I added bomb, as in atombomb, because it is the destroyer of life (Adam) and the splitting of atoms.

And 222 was just a number I really liked back then.

Vera
08-20-2008, 01:49 AM
I'm a shameless capitalist.

You're a shameless consumerist, wouldn't capitalist mean you own Coca-Cola or something?

Tizzalicious
08-20-2008, 02:49 AM
Btw, Tizz, the other day I was walking down a street in downtown Helsinki with all these little shops, fashion boutiques and shoe stores and stuff and there was a ..hair dresser's, I think, with your name on it. I can't remember the name exactly anymore but I'm pretty sure it was "Tizza" or something. Maybe that means something in Italian.. :]

I think one of my Finnish friends actually told me about that before. Too weird.

coke_a_holic
08-20-2008, 09:31 AM
You're a shameless consumerist, wouldn't capitalist mean you own Coca-Cola or something?

Well, the poorly-worded joke in there was that I'm an advertisement for coca-cola.

I'm also a shameless consumerist, though, good call.

Apathy
08-20-2008, 09:40 AM
Because I thought I was all badass when I was twelve or thirteen or whatever.

Usually I go with milesu330 on everything I sign up for lately, Which has a double meaning. There's the obvious reference to the band mu330, but I actually use it because it's my name, Miles, and my Birthdate, 3-30. When I first noticed how well I matched up with the band name I had to do it.

grandsolike
08-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Everyone adds 'like' on to the end of a sentence in the part of Ireland I'm from and apparently I say 'grand so' a lot instead of saying 'ok'.
I've never noticed it but other people have commented on it.

Steal
08-21-2008, 12:01 AM
I stole this nickname from someone else.

MindlessSelfIndulgent
08-21-2008, 07:22 PM
I put it into little steps so it's easier for you to understand.

Step 1: I took the words Mindless, Self and Indulgence, and I put the words together.
Step 2: I then wrote 't' instead of 'ce'.

Omni
08-22-2008, 03:20 AM

It was Warrior, not Knight, you noob.

lil_punk_rawker
08-22-2008, 09:38 PM
I had a massive crush on this wierdo guy, I mean, he was odd, He was real big on the whole stereotypes thing.Anyway the day after the social he was in the same class as me and he was talking to his friend loudly about how 'the little punk rockers were rockin out'. (there was NO other goth, punk, emo etc type people at the school, just me, him and a friend, so he used to pay us out constantly.)

Budzy
08-22-2008, 11:04 PM
my last name with 'y' attached to it.
all my mates call me that and even my skool teachers do it now.
hmm interesting.
i cbf thinking of anything, and im pretty sure my gamer name was taken 'Trickery', which i used in Warcraft 3/DotA games hahaha.

Conspiracyof1000
08-23-2008, 01:51 AM
I decided that upon joining an Offspring board I needed an Offspring name, so I thought Conspiracy of One, but that was taken so I exaggerated slightly.
Now I wish I could change it...

yellow
08-26-2008, 03:16 AM
"Look at the stars
see how they shine for you
and all the things you do
they were all Yellow"
by coldplay

Smash punker
08-26-2008, 05:26 AM
Ahh nickname. Ok! :D Well, when I decided to join forums like in December 07, I had to come up with some nick and cause Iīm so punx a love S.M.A.S.H., there just wasnīt any other nick to me than that. Kinda interesting is this, when I was watching GH dvd the video section with commentaries, where Dex and Noodles are talking about videos, thereīs a part, where Noodles goes like: "too many pissed off punkers in Salt Lake city". And Iīve just loved that part ever since. So Noodles kinda helped me with my nick :D and thatīs how Smash punker was borned :D

clocks_R_slow
08-26-2008, 01:17 PM
lol well, i had an account for the boards before this one, it was simply my name : Shannon. I had made that account when i was like 10 or 11 i think, i dont remember, but i never had a computer at home, so i always forgot my password. Then one summer i was DOG SITTING for some old lady, and she had a computer, so i made a new one. And at that time i was COMPLETELY bored, and wondering if those 2 days would ever end. I was there by myself, and i looked at the clock like every 2 minutes, but it seemed like forever. So i yelled WHY TEH HELL ARE CLOCKS SO SLOW?!?! the end.... oh yea, and this was like 4 summers ago.... and that lady still owes me 20 bucks for watching her stupid pugs!:mad:

Little_Miss_1565
08-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Wow, all this time I thought your name was an Alice Cooper reference. :(

Oromis
08-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Stole it from a book. Oromis was a teacher in that whole Eragon series. I was re-registering and I didn't feel like thinking of a name so I just took it.

EDIT: oh yeah, before when I was ShadowPyro... I used to play this game Command and Conquer Renegade and I would always use either flame tanks or stealth tanks (stanks ftw). So then I started using that as my nickname in videogames and then on most places that I registered to. Then I stopped coming here for a while and was unable to remember my password so I re-registered as Oromis

Endymion
08-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Command and Conquer Renegade

despite being terrible in many, many ways, that game was awesome. particularly the online play.

Free?
08-26-2008, 04:17 PM
lol well, i had an account for the boards before this one, it was simply my name : Shannon. I had made that account when i was like 10 or 11 i think, i dont remember, but i never had a computer at home, so i always forgot my password. Then one summer i was DOG SITTING for some old lady, and she had a computer, so i made a new one. And at that time i was COMPLETELY bored, and wondering if those 2 days would ever end. I was there by myself, and i looked at the clock like every 2 minutes, but it seemed like forever. So i yelled WHY TEH HELL ARE CLOCKS SO SLOW?!?! the end.... oh yea, and this was like 4 summers ago.... and that lady still owes me 20 bucks for watching her stupid pugs!:mad:

I just saw your nickname for the first time ever and my it looked like "cocks r slow" to me for a moment :D

ninthlayer
08-26-2008, 09:15 PM
I think this joint is from like seventh grade and seemed like a terribly clever way to reference a certain quality of self-centeredness while also throwing a shout-out to the Divine Comedy. Ninth stuck more than anything and I really miss that goddamn screenname.

WebDudette
08-26-2008, 09:29 PM
I've always thought of it as nin-th. I know its actually 9th but still.

Ryder1234
08-26-2008, 09:36 PM
I've always thought of it as nin-th. I know its actually 9th but still.

Yeah same here.

ninthlayer
08-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Huh, that's strange. Any reason why?

Jebus
08-26-2008, 11:41 PM
Me too actually. The fact that it was 9th went over my head for years until someone brought it up. Nin-th just sounds more like a proper name to me so my brain registered it that way.

WebDudette
08-26-2008, 11:43 PM
Yeah, basically that.

Endymion
08-27-2008, 12:12 AM
Nine Inch Nails, Total Heartthrobs

-L-
08-27-2008, 07:14 AM
I watch a lot of anime, and my favourite is Death note. One of the main characters called L. He was my most liked creature, so when I registered here I wrote this.

holland25
08-27-2008, 07:20 AM
I can't believe my eyes. There actually IS a story behind L!

-L-
08-27-2008, 07:46 AM
I can't believe my eyes. There actually IS a story behind L!

It's wondrous, isn't it?:D

H1T_That
08-27-2008, 09:41 AM
I was a super original badass, back in the days when i registered.

Free?
08-28-2008, 06:33 AM
I was a super original badass, back in the days when i registered.

:D I can hardly imagine that unless you have registered somewhere around Americana era ;).

About L. I used to think that there are much more interesting stories behind such nicknames than behind usual "song/album/musician name" ones.

oh_strange_one
08-28-2008, 08:54 AM
im just strange....................:p

nightvision
08-28-2008, 09:36 AM
I've never been particularly creative when it comes to screennames so it's usually a songtitle and nightvision is a song by hell is for heroes.

Vikica
08-28-2008, 12:33 PM
my name is Viktorija (Victoria) so everyone called me Vikica. so it stuck on me. first people call me by my real name and then, suddenly, out of nowhere they start calling me ''Viki'' or ''Vikica''. but the ''c'' in it is pronounced simply like ''c'', not ''k'' like in english.
(hope everyone understood what I'm trying to say) :o

HeadAroundU
08-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Better than Wikipedia. :D

I'm gonna call you Vikinka! Is that antonym of Vikica?

the_offsprings_monkey
09-01-2008, 03:49 PM
My nickname is, Monks.

The reasons are as follow:

The amount of hair on my body
I make a very convincing Monkey chant
I've been known to get pissed and do said Monkey chant on phone calls
I can't help but eat bananas when smoking pot

...Also I look a little like one :'(

Cock Joke
09-01-2008, 07:50 PM
This is all you need to know... (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/333650)