PDA

View Full Version : New Lagwagon!

bighead384
08-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Anybody planning on getting the new Lagwagon EP? It's called "I Think My Older Brother Used to Listen to Lagwagon". It comes out tomorrow (August 19th). It's been a three year wait for new Lagwagon, so I'm pretty excited about it.

jacknife737
08-18-2008, 06:17 PM
I'll be picking up the EP. Resolve was one of my favorite albums of 05, so i'm pretty excited for this.

Also, news on Joey Cape's new solo stuff http://www.punknews.org/article/30108

dff_punk
08-19-2008, 07:17 AM
Looking forward very much to this release. I am not able to buy it much in my country, so I hope the leak will be available soon.

EDIT: I found it. Downloading now :)

SaiKYoU
08-19-2008, 09:40 AM
i'll download it... not cuz i'm pro-piracy, cuz it will be a hell to find the EP here...

well maybe its cuz i'm pro-piracy...

dff_punk
08-19-2008, 09:56 AM
It is really good, only kinda short(well... EP). I liked B-Side and Errands mostly, but as I know Lagwagon, the rest will also grow on me really soon :)

bighead384
08-19-2008, 11:32 PM
I think it fucking rules. It's really starting to grow on me already.

Llamas
08-20-2008, 07:58 PM
I was disappointed with Resolve... it was almost a replica of Blaze, which was a fantastic album. Many of the songs on Resolve were almost the same as the last album. It was lyrically good, though.

I've grown past the pop punk phase, though I do still pop in some Lagwagon now and then. But I don't think I'll end up checking this EP out. I'd be more interested in checking out Joey's solo stuff. I like the Tony Sly/Joey Cape album. That's good stuff.

jacknife737
08-20-2008, 09:02 PM
I've grown past the pop punk phase, though I do still pop in some Lagwagon now and then. But I don't think I'll end up checking this EP out. I'd be more interested in checking out Joey's solo stuff. I like the Tony Sly/Joey Cape album. That's good stuff.

Go check out Bad Astronaut, Cape's now defunct side project. I have a feeling you may like it.

http://www.myspace.com/badastronaut

zsk
08-25-2008, 08:37 AM
first single???

zsk
08-25-2008, 08:39 AM
first song to download:
http://fatwreck.com/audio_track/the_audio_file/229/04_Memoirs_And_Landmines.mp3
it's great!!!

Apathy
08-25-2008, 12:53 PM
I love. lovelovelovelovelovelovelove the album Let's Talk About Feelings. I've also listened to and liked parts of Hoss.

Then I listened to Resolve, and it was shitty. What albums would I like?

Llamas
08-25-2008, 11:31 PM
I love. lovelovelovelovelovelovelove the album Let's Talk About Feelings. I've also listened to and liked parts of Hoss.

Then I listened to Resolve, and it was shitty. What albums would I like?

Let's Talk About Feelings was definitely their best album. Like, none of their other stuff has come close, to be honest. I adore that album, and it's the only Lagwagon album I've cared enough about to pay full price for.

Resolve is maybe their worst LP. I mildly enjoy all their stuff, but Resolve was pretty bad.

Honestly, my second favorite albums from them come at a tie, and they're an unlikely pair. These two are "Blaze" and "Let's Talk About Leftovers". Blaze you might not like, because "Resolve" was a copycat off of Blaze... but Blaze is WAY better. "Leftovers" came out after "Feelings", and is a b-sides album. It's honestly very, very good.

Trashed and Duh are very early... not intelligent, just straight forward pop punk. Kinda NOFXish.

Double Plaidinum and Hoss I think are very similar to each other, and both are decently good. If you like Hoss, you'll like Plaidinum.

My order of albums:
Let's Talk About Feelings
Let's Talk About Leftovers + Blaze
Hoss
Double Plaidinum
Trashed
Duh
Resolve

The only good thing about Resolve is the subject matter/lyrical content. However, it still doesn't compare to that on Feelings.

bighead384
08-25-2008, 11:59 PM
I really like Resolve. It's not any kind of classic or anything, but I think it's a good album. My favorite has to be the opener, Heartbreaking Music. The thing is though, it's only the second Lagwagon album I've heard so far. So maybe it seems better to me then it does to longtime Lagwagon fans because they're still really new to me.

The other album I have "Double Plaidinum" is pretty good, but it wasn't that easy for me to get into some of the songs at first. I really think the shitty recording quality has a lot to do with that actually. I hate the way that album sounds.

dff_punk
08-26-2008, 04:15 AM
Resolve was ok. I enjoyed "Sad Astronaut" for example. But it cannot compare to Blaze, which really blown me away and really is blazing. People should check that one more out.

Llamas
08-26-2008, 01:33 PM
I really like Resolve. It's not any kind of classic or anything, but I think it's a good album. My favorite has to be the opener, Heartbreaking Music. The thing is though, it's only the second Lagwagon album I've heard so far. So maybe it seems better to me then it does to longtime Lagwagon fans because they're still really new to me.

The other album I have "Double Plaidinum" is pretty good, but it wasn't that easy for me to get into some of the songs at first. I really think the shitty recording quality has a lot to do with that actually. I hate the way that album sounds.

Ahh yes if you've only heard those two, I understand why you like Resolve a lot. Once you hear Blaze, and realize that Resolve came out after it, you'll lose appreciation for Resolve. But you really need to check out Feelings. And then Blaze and Hoss.

Resolve was ok. I enjoyed "Sad Astronaut" for example. But it cannot compare to Blaze, which really blown me away and really is blazing. People should check that one more out.
Blaze was definitely awesome. :)