PDA

View Full Version : I need ideas!

lost_nvrfound
08-19-2008, 10:33 AM
I need ideas for a movie contest I'm entering. Its called campus movie fest. I'm supposed to make a 5 minute movie about anything and I need good real ideas. I don't want it to be some stupid Dave Lehre copycat type thing. I think maybe a music video or something funny but not stupid. Idk. I need help with ideas!!!

Sunny
08-19-2008, 11:20 AM
if you want to make an art film, here's 4 success-guaranteed, art-school tested ideas:

1. have your friends dress up in animal costumes or masks and prance around in neon, bright lighting. add some quirky indie tunes (Feist) and some motion blur now and then. also, zoom in on random stuff.

2. shoot some grungy city buildings in b&w. play epic music. flash cliched anti-establishment quotes in bold lettering, like "poverty is theft". use a strobe effect. instant PUNX points.

3. shoot a video of someone doing something mundane, like sleeping or chewing. play part of it in slow motion, preferably to indie music. if people say it's boring, tell them they just don't get it.

4. buy lots of powdered sugar or baking soda and straws. invite some skinny women over and have them pretend to snort baking soda off of each other. maybe fake an overdose. use b&w, gritty film, and classical music. wham, bam, profound commentary on our culture!

Lodat225
08-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Uh, I don't know the name of it anymore but just make a 5 minute long scene or something. Just walk around with the camera with certain scenarios happening around you. Again, it's all one scene. No cuts or anything.

I don't know how to explain it. It's really cool, though... and frustrating.

lost_nvrfound
08-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Uh, I don't know the name of it anymore but just make a 5 minute long scene or something. Just walk around with the camera with certain scenarios happening around you. Again, it's all one scene. No cuts or anything.

I kind of like that. The world flying by type thing. its cool.

Free?
08-19-2008, 11:43 AM

Like the whole Cloverfield movie :) ?

Andy
08-19-2008, 01:13 PM
I know little about independant art-house films as I view them as everything I hate about achingly-pretentious studenty types, but I know one thing: It must (stress MUST) be filmed in black and white. Oh, and have as little dialogue as possible. If it's black and white and has no dialogue I will hate it - which probably makes it an inspirational arty film.

Yes, I really am that closed-minded.

Lizardus
08-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Re enact store robberies.

This is making me think about "Be kind, rewind", nice movie.

lost_nvrfound
08-19-2008, 01:37 PM
I'm not really going for pretentious artist.

Andy
08-19-2008, 01:49 PM
I just thought: No Simpsons references yet?

F@ BANKZ
08-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Re enact store robberies.

Recording that crime-spree was the best idea we ever had.

Endymion
08-19-2008, 02:50 PM
here's your film:

a white medical tent in a field, a mild breeze blows the entry flap around some. a white patient table and many chrome tools can be seen inside. a tall, slender man wearing a white lab coat stands outside the entrance and to one side. he has a large beard of bees. we watch a young girl bicycle across the grass to the tent. she says something inaudible to the man with a beard of bees. he responds by pulling a straightened coat hanger from inside the coat. they enter the tent together and nothing is seen or heard for a a few moments. suddenly, the girl emerges holding a small oil drum. the places the drum down about twenty feet from the tent, opens the top, and lights it. she begins to dance around the fire. the man with the beard of bees soon comes out and joins her dancing. fin.

wheelchairman
08-19-2008, 03:04 PM
I don't see the problem here. I mean this practically writes itself!

In a second I can think of 3 things my movie would have.
1. Explosions
2. Lots of blood
3. Everybody will be smoking and speaking in deep gritty voices, often using puns based on the situation they are in.

The plot practically writes itself. Jeez you art students.

oh and don't forget muscles!

Lizardus
08-19-2008, 06:39 PM
I just thought: No Simpsons references yet?

I was going to reference Moe's film, but i got lazy.

WebDudette
08-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Wait, so this is just something recreational? It isn't even for a class and you want other peoples ideas?

lost_nvrfound
08-19-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't see the problem here. I mean this practically writes itself!

In a second I can think of 3 things my movie would have.
1. Explosions
2. Lots of blood
3. Everybody will be smoking and speaking in deep gritty voices, often using puns based on the situation they are in.

The plot practically writes itself. Jeez you art students.

oh and don't forget muscles!

HAHAHA! That sounds like the plot list that the people who wrote The Lost Boys 2 must've made... except all the puns were written for the middle aged Corey Feldman...

To Pilz-e: The video is for a contest. Some of the big prizes are things like $10000 and Final Cut and such. Plus it looks good on a resume (if I placed well)

Lizardus
08-20-2008, 11:31 AM
To Pilz-e: The video is for a contest. Some of the big prizes are things like $10000 and Final Cut and such. Plus it looks good on a resume (if I placed well)

I want my cut!

0r4ng3
08-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Your avatar makes me think you're gonna ask for half of it.

Free?
08-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Your avatar makes me think you're gonna ask for half of it.

His avatar makes me think that he will demand whole money prize and will burn that pile of cash afterward :)

Lizardus
08-20-2008, 07:03 PM
With your bodies on it.

lost_nvrfound
08-20-2008, 07:50 PM
i really am liking lodat's idea. i just gotta get enough people to do it and figure out how i'd do it. hmmm...