PDA

View Full Version : Vampires

Tyler Durden
08-20-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm a big fan of horror movies, I like being in a movie theater with all my friends and everybody jumping and stuff. I also like looking at stuff myself, I enjoy how horror movies kind've look into the monsters we have in us all. But why are vampires all the same? You know, why are they always portrayed as kind've girly, metrosexual creatures? There aren't many movies that make them totally scary, I think they need to make more movies about vampires which make them reflect the demons in us all, true horror, to have a vampire going through some deep psychological conflict. The girly vampire stuff is really only for girls with fantasies. The only cool ones are in Buffy the vampire slayer but that show is crappy.

0r4ng3
08-20-2008, 02:22 PM
If I Am Legend was done anything like the book, I think those vampires would've been pretty cool. But alas, we get mindless zombie-vampire hybrids.

mrconeman
08-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Wesley Snipes aughta kick your ass.

Buffy and Angel were awesome btw. Interview with the Vampire and Lost Boys are my favourite vampire movies though.

Jebus
08-20-2008, 03:07 PM
I'm so hardcore I read the Angel (season 6) and Buffy (season 8) comics.

Free?
08-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Buffy, Blade , Underworld and so on is a mainstream kind of vampire movies, they should give you rather entertainment than psychological conflicts or kind of dark romance. Today it's very popular to make movie based on comics and videogames, almost all of them are just poor attempts to look serious. I really enjoyed Silent Hill though (no vampires there). What was the last good movie about vampires?

Redjie
08-20-2008, 05:27 PM
I think almost every vampire movie/serie kinda suck in that horror way:D
I don't know, they all look too nice to be a vampire! Television has made vampires cute and sexy instead of scary. Nothing to do about it :D But I liked Angel series. As I said: cute :cool: