PDA

View Full Version : Protocol

Budzy
08-20-2008, 07:55 PM
I was watching the Greatest Hits DVD thingy on YouTube again the other day and thought it would be pretty cool if Dexter did like a cover and resung All I Want with the lyrics he originally intented for Bad Religion. Thoughts?

jacknife737
08-20-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm not opposed to any new Offspring material, but i don't think it would "feel" like an Offspring song. It was written as a Bad Religion song after all.

lost_nvrfound
08-20-2008, 08:41 PM
"your backs to the wall... cause thats protocol. its sequestering our spirits, misleading us all"

i haven't watched that video, but those lyrics stick in my head

Free?
08-21-2008, 03:41 AM
I'm not opposed to any new Offspring material, but i don't think it would "feel" like an Offspring song. It was written as a Bad Religion song after all.

All I Want is definitely one of those songs that "feels" very offspring-ish to me. Most likely because I have discovered Bad Religion ways later than I became addicted to All I Want.

dff_punk
08-21-2008, 04:54 AM
I would love to hear if Greg Graffin sung it with those lyrics.

lost_nvrfound
08-21-2008, 05:27 AM
Idk. I really prefer the All I Want lyrics. Thats a damn good song.

dff_punk
08-21-2008, 05:44 AM
Of course All I Want lyrics are better. But it would be fun to hear a full Bad Religion version. People would not even tell they did not write it!

lost_nvrfound
08-21-2008, 08:05 AM
Musically, it doesn't seem very Bad Religion-y to me... Stylistically, i don't think it would fit.

Jojan
08-21-2008, 08:27 AM
It would be more awesome if Bad Religion did the song as Dexter intended it to be.

It would be nice if Offspring did an all cover album or interpretation album.

Stylie
08-21-2008, 11:25 AM
All I Want is definitely one of those songs that "feels" very offspring-ish to me. Most likely because I have discovered Bad Religion ways later than I became addicted to All I Want.

Ditto. I haven't heard much of Bad Religion, but All I Want is one of the songs I've first heard of them. Ixnay was the album that connected me to Offspring (burned CD of my brother), and All I Want is SO Ixnay On The Hombre. Those fast, skatepunk songs like All I Want, Meaning of Life, Cool to Hate etc. is SO Offspring.

Rutegard
08-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Ditto. I haven't heard much of Bad Religion, but All I Want is one of the songs I've first heard of them. Ixnay was the album that connected me to Offspring (burned CD of my brother), and All I Want is SO Ixnay On The Hombre. Those fast, skatepunk songs like All I Want, Meaning of Life, Cool to Hate etc. is SO Offspring.

quoted for truth