PDA

View Full Version : give us a chance!!!

zsk
08-21-2008, 06:45 AM
The most people don't like germany because of the 2ww,
and if german people says that they are proud of their countrie,they call them nazis!
Do we call you a nazi because you're proud of your country?
No,we don't!

I'm a rival of all nazis,but i think i've got the right to be proud of my country!
It was a bad time in 2ww but now it's gone since 60 years and germany is just a normal,democratic country

Give us a chance to be proud of our country,because we love it like you you're country love!

I just wanted to say this and hope you'll understand....

KHWHD
08-21-2008, 07:25 AM
It's your country, love away!! :)

P.S. I LOVE my country too. :D

Steal
08-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Actually, it seems that many foreigners make fun of Americans for being too patriotic. So I can see where the grudge comes from to be honest.

ad8
08-21-2008, 01:09 PM
So what is the point of this/ reason for this thread? I don't have any problems if someone like zsk(who's probably a young person) says that he's proud of Germany since he can't and never could do anything about Hitler and WW2.
But personally, I can't be proud of Germany since it's just too many stupid people walking around here and there is too much injustice here. I know that every other country(except maybe Samoa or something like that:D) has its problems, too. But in my opinion that is no reason for saying that Germany is a good place. So... praise Samoa!:D

medi01
08-21-2008, 01:12 PM
all i have to say on this topic is:

Heil hitler!

(joking...seriously i dont think germans are that bad... sure the world wars were a bit over the top, but hey they invaded the french which started as a no brainer (lol). i've only spent one or two holidays there but it's a klish country.

KHWHD
08-21-2008, 02:33 PM
My comment about this one German guy:

When I flew over to London 4 years ago (by myself) there was this younger (probably mid-twenties) guy. He says to me.. "If the plane is about to crash.. will you have sex with me?" I'm like.. "Uhh, no." Then he's like.. "If you're not going to eat your food, can I have it?" Then I said, "Sure, knock yourself out."

I thought wow, what a fucking weirdo. :confused:

adombomb222
08-21-2008, 10:43 PM
If you're ashamed of your the country that you live in, or that you are from, then you should move. All countries have done things that aren't so great. But you've always got to believe in you country and the people who live there.

zsk
08-22-2008, 01:25 PM
germany has its bads,that's right
but i think there are rumors of germany in the world,wich are not right
example:the american think that we are very busy,but that's just nonsens!
actualy we are realy lazy:D

german,english and american people are so alike....
(maybe it's because of the reason,that most of all american people are from german descent!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a7/Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg/666px-Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg.png

the blue states are predominant of german descent.

@the americans in this forum:did you knew this before?

Conspiracyof1000
08-23-2008, 02:46 AM
I was actually born in Germany because my father was in the military at the time and was transferred over there. I don't remember it, but I would like to pay it a visit someday.

zsk
08-23-2008, 05:09 AM
it's actualy like in america,but we usualy have houses that are build with wood

JoY
08-23-2008, 05:32 AM
pride for your country can be derived from it's unique qualities & characteristics. be proud Germany has it's own culture, way of life, population, scenery & landscape, manners, morals & values. I don't understand why a) you shouldn't be proud of your nationality for something that happened over 60 years ago, b) you compare it to America. Germany is nothing like America & if anything, America looks like Germany, not the other way around. German history goes much further than American history.

wheelchairman
08-26-2008, 06:43 PM
What's your source on those German stat maps Ad8? Or should I say...AdolfH8! Hitler!

Speaking of killing off society's scapegoats, did you know this wasn't the first time Germany went into crazy genocide? They also had the most fervent witch hunts, killing off 2½ times more witches (50,000) than their nearest competitors (Poland), and many more than any other country.

So it's not good to be a scapegoat in Germany....

EDIT: Sorry not Ad8, Zsk. Don't know why but I guess 3 letter names from Germany get me confused, what with the fact that you got rid of all your people from an ethnicity that is 3 letters long.... (and no, gay is not an ethnicity...yet!)

jacknife737
08-27-2008, 01:45 AM
Speaking of killing off society's scapegoats, did you know this wasn't the first time Germany went into crazy genocide? They also had the most fervent witch hunts, killing off 2½ times more witches (50,000) than their nearest competitors (Poland), and many more than any other country.

Don't forget what they did to the Herero in East Africa.....

metalmania
09-03-2008, 03:29 PM
german people can be good but your governments re so bad .they seem like a toy of usa and NATO since 1945 ;)

JoY
09-05-2008, 11:16 AM
yeah, because like, they had BILLIONS of options after starting & losing a world war, one that was very expensive in the middle of an economic crisis, & making the entire planet hate them. Germany has made a better comeback & gained more independency than I would've expected them to.

Smash_Returns
09-05-2008, 10:00 PM
I liek germany.

I'm going there in May atually, For 13 days. I've never really noticed any grudge anymore up here in northern USA.

Bipolar Bear
09-06-2008, 12:39 AM
People are entitled to holding a general grudge against a country, especially for something like world war 2. That doesn't mean they hate germans; disliking Germany and disliking every German person are too completely different things. I'm not racist so I give any German person the same respect as anyone else and I'm sure MOST people who say they dislike Germany would so the same.

Let me give you an example. I dislike China for they way they have poor human rights and for their political system. I don't dislike people that live in China though.

So don't take it personally.

wheelchairman
09-06-2008, 06:33 AM
Germany has made a better comeback & gained more independency than I would've expected them to.

Heh nice invented word there. It did take them until the 1990's, and their economy in the east is still shit.

Did you know there is a wall in Berlin?

sipptaroowsky
09-16-2008, 10:56 AM
I see “we”’re all enlightened, and we don’t hate foreign countrys, or foreign people, but we hate their government? People please; the idea has to come from somewhere. The government only does things that the people allow the government to do. So if you’re getting involved in to petty emotions such as hate (good luck) then at least point it at the right direction.
Another agenda. Somebody mentioned that there isn’t a country without blood on their hands…Whenever I hear this I ask;”What about Canada”? And not just Canada.

ad8
09-16-2008, 12:53 PM
What's your source on those German stat maps Ad8? Or should I say...AdolfH8! Hitler!

So it's not good to be a scapegoat in Germany....

EDIT: Sorry not Ad8, Zsk. Don't know why but I guess 3 letter names from Germany get me confused, what with the fact that you got rid of all your people from an ethnicity that is 3 letters long.... (and no, gay is not an ethnicity...yet!)

LOL. Ironically I also get these kinds of comparisons in real life because my nickname in real life is actually a short form of Adolf and my last name starts with H. But hey, fuck Hitler. I won't change my nickname cause of him. And I don't really mind those comparisons.