PDA

View Full Version : Zeitgeist (a sunnyrant™)

Sunny
08-22-2008, 06:21 PM
anybody else waste 2 precious hours of their life watching this paranoid tripe?

i must say, i loved the religion bit, and the air of astonishing discovery they tried to impart on their rather mundane findings. o nos the cross is a pagan symbol!!@@ did u hear?!?!? winter solstice happens around christmas! major world religionz have sum overlap! omfg!

also, if i hear another pseudo-radical douchebag pronounce "zeitgeist" with a "z" instead of a "ts", there will be hell to pay.

this rant is brought to you by immense boredom and lots of diet coke.

=/

jacknife737
08-22-2008, 06:37 PM
A friend of mine, who I thought was pretty intelligent/level headed actually bought into that shit. He's now joined the Canadian Action Party, and we don't talk anymore.

The thing that really irritates me about people who believe this rubbish, is that they keep saying that they "question everything", but are not in the least bit skeptical about the numerous questionable sources that Zeitgeist uses.

I tried watching it once; i basically had to skim through it because i couldn't sit through a solid three minutes of it without feeling like an idiot.

Amiralanal
08-22-2008, 07:46 PM
It has to be said that its a very powerful film, and it is interesting to watch.

Rag Doll
08-22-2008, 08:45 PM
I read the title and got nervous you were ranting against the SP album. I was sad until I opened this.

That being said, I've never watched the film.

T-6005
08-22-2008, 10:54 PM
I've never watched it and never will, but holy shit, it's a 'ts'?

Like, tseitgeist?

... You know, when I said it aloud, all of a sudden it seemed like the most retartedly obvious thing in the world.

THEOS
08-23-2008, 03:27 AM
i love diet coke!!! never seen the movie. :)

Free?
08-23-2008, 04:33 AM
There was a thread about that movie http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32183&highlight=zeitgeist. The movie was pretty fun to watch, it even had some humor.

Jesus
08-23-2008, 04:48 AM
Yeah there was already a thread about it. I also thought it would be about the SP album, which wasn't all that great either.

my original comment on the movie: "Seems like your average Ron Paul supporters movie, especially if they were able to include the gold standard in there somewhere!"

I just checked the movie, it's in there! Which makes it a definite paultards (or Von Mises suckers) movie.

mrconeman
08-23-2008, 05:22 AM
Diet fucking coke. Gross.

Andy
08-23-2008, 05:26 AM
Coke Zero is better.

Sunny
08-23-2008, 06:12 AM
It has to be said that its a very powerful film, and it is interesting to watch.

it's powerful in the way *any* footage of explosions and dead people is powerful, especially when the narrator has a deep voice and there's ominous music playing in the background.

doesn't make the content any less rubbish.

JohnnyNemesis
08-23-2008, 07:36 AM
hay guyz dis is y im an atheist :cool::cool::cool:

Sunny
08-23-2008, 07:51 AM
my enlitenment, let me show u it :mad::cool:;)

ninthlayer
08-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Shouts outs J.Nem and Sunnybutts.

bighead384
08-23-2008, 05:49 PM
o nos the cross is a pagan symbol!!@@ did u hear?!?!? winter solstice happens around christmas! major world religionz have sum overlap! omfg!

No offense, but why do you do that whole "type a cliche opinion with bad grammer" thing in about half of your posts?

ninthlayer
08-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Because she makes it work and is a total cutie IRL.

Mota Boy
08-24-2008, 02:55 AM
The worst fucking part of that movie is having to deal with it overseas. I was dismissed for thinking it was shit because "Americans don't like it".

First positive stereotype I heard a Frenchman say about Americans.

Vera
08-24-2008, 12:26 PM
I watched 35+ mins and turned it off. What a huge load of crap. They just make stuff up! Like the thing about Horus, wtf, he was not born out of a virgin (in fact his mother put his dead dad back together to fuck him and that's how Horus was concieved).

So I didn't stick around to hear the other brain-numbing conspiracy theories. Whatevs.

Sunny
08-24-2008, 12:59 PM
I watched 35+ mins and turned it off. What a huge load of crap. They just make stuff up! Like the thing about Horus, wtf, he was not born out of a virgin (in fact his mother put his dead dad back together to fuck him and that's how Horus was concieved).

yeah, or Prometheus, whom they also mentioned. um. wtf, people. at least get your facts *sort of* straight.

RickyCrack
08-24-2008, 02:42 PM
also, if i hear another pseudo-radical douchebag pronounce "zeitgeist" with a "z" instead of a "ts", there will be hell to pay.

i named my kitty zuka, and it's pronounced with a "ts" and nobody says it right.