PDA

View Full Version : my filmdebut

JoY
08-24-2008, 08:46 AM
so anyway, my gypsy orchestra was asked to play in a fragment of a film that's for the experimental wich project. the experimental wich project is a contest for film directors; whoever manages to capture a part of the book "the Witch of Portobello" by Paulo Coelho the best on screen, gets to direct the whole film. (http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=INFDycyjdjc) it'll be shown in Cannes & several other places, where a choice will be made.

a cameraman, who also worked on the Gladiator & the Matrix, cooperated in the making this particular bit of film, so I thought it to be very promising & had my hopes up. the film moves really slow, though, & the acting isn't really impressive, the old woman's got a terrible Dutch accent & I honestly thought it to be pretty damn dull. I think a lot more would've been possible with the book & with the techniques that were available, plus one damn good cameraman.

anyway, the awesome group of people playing around the fire, that's us. the piece of music at the end, definitely not us. I'm the first violinist, you'll hear what it is I'm playing & then see me play.

I discovered a) I look terrible with brown-black hair, b) I press my violin against my chin in a way it looks absolutely huuuge, c) it kicks a lot of ass to listen to us play, instead of always being the one playing.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=39192538&searchid=09772852-6a5a-41e2-9058-314b96315a3e

nieh
08-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Congratulations! I can't say I'm a fan of the movie itself, but you and the rest of the band were awesome.

Betty
08-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Nifty. Didn't watch the whole thing, but fastforwarded it to your appearance.

JoY
08-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Josh, can't say I'm a fan of it either. too bad, really. if they'd have won, we'd be in the actual movie too.

Michelle, it's probably best that way, hahaha!

my voice was all raspy that day, so I totally cracked up when I heared myself calling "dour" at the start of a new bit.

Tijs
08-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Awesome! Congratulations on being Musician Violin 1!

One of my life goals is to be "Something #1/2/3" at movie credits.

Andy
08-24-2008, 05:07 PM
I just watched it and I say, Go Bella!

Sunny
08-24-2008, 05:20 PM
very cool, bella! it's too bad the rest of the movie wasn't so great. but still, yay =)

HornyPope
08-25-2008, 02:00 AM
First, congratulations on your first movie role. I hope many follow. If I ever make it to the movie industry, I will consider you.

The filmography and the choreography in the two scenes where you play violin is great. I assume you of course played all the violin music on your own? it sounds great! How about the music in the ending of the movie? Did you also compose it?

I understand why you say brown hair doesn't suit you, but otherwise you wouldn't look anything like a Gypsy without all these costumes and the hair cover LOL. I liked your role in general but I'm sad that it went extremely fast. I wanted more Bella! Do you have behind-the-scenes pictures!?

As for the short movie itself, eh. Let's just say it's not exactly "Fiddler on the Roof" and I hope you get the reference.

Little_Miss_1565
08-25-2008, 02:09 AM
You're a moviestar! :D Awesome!

JoY
08-25-2008, 06:01 AM
thanksss for all the enthusiastic reactions!

Awesome! Congratulations on being Musician Violin 1!

One of my life goals is to be "Something #1/2/3" at movie credits.

holy shit, I didn't even see that! hahahaha!

First, congratulations on your first movie role. I hope many follow. If I ever make it to the movie industry, I will consider you.

The filmography and the choreography in the two scenes where you play violin is great. I assume you of course played all the violin music on your own? it sounds great! How about the music in the ending of the movie? Did you also compose it?

I understand why you say brown hair doesn't suit you, but otherwise you wouldn't look anything like a Gypsy without all these costumes and the hair cover LOL. I liked your role in general but I'm sad that it went extremely fast. I wanted more Bella! Do you have behind-the-scenes pictures!?

As for the short movie itself, eh. Let's just say it's not exactly "Fiddler on the Roof" and I hope you get the reference.

there's the second violinist & me, who play the violin in those two short fragments. you hear me play the melody. at the beginning of "Joshka" (what the song is called), before you see us, I have a supershort, extremely simple solo. uh yeah, that's just part of the song.

the music at the end we have nothing to do with. don't know where they pulled that from. I would've wanted more Bella too! we're the most awesome bit of the entire thing, man!

the brown hair makes me look like a pirate.:(

I have a few pictures, there are some on here; http://www.freewebs.com/romanez/apps/photos/album.jsp?albumID=1703735

nieh
08-25-2008, 06:04 AM
the brown hair makes me look like a pirate.:(

Why is that such a bad thing?

JoY
08-25-2008, 06:16 AM
HARRR! let's be pirates together, aye.

nieh
08-25-2008, 06:31 AM
Now I have "Argh, I'm a pirate!" by these guys (http://www.myspace.com/zoloftherockandrolldestroyer) stuck in my head.

JoY
08-25-2008, 06:44 AM
that one isn't on their myspace, though. boo.

nieh
08-25-2008, 07:25 AM
It is, you just have to scroll down in the little music-player part of it.

HornyPope
08-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Wow you're like the shortest in the band.

I like it when you have a flower in your hair. :)

jacknife737
08-25-2008, 02:58 PM
That's pretty cool, congratulations!

JoY
08-29-2008, 11:57 AM
thanks man! glad you liked it.

Vlad, what flower?

Josh, I'll make sure to check again then.

Tizzalicious
08-29-2008, 01:37 PM
That is a horrible accent indeed. But yay for famous Bella!

HornyPope
08-29-2008, 01:41 PM
thanks man! glad you liked it.

Vlad, what flower?

Josh, I'll make sure to check again then.

I thought u had a flower in your hair when I first saw this picture:
http://www.freewebs.com/romanez/apps/photos/photo.jsp?photoID=2294637&prev=1

Now I think it's just a hair band. I think I got confused because before I saw you holding a flower in the following picture and I assumed its the same flower that you had in your hair.
http://www.freewebs.com/romanez/apps/photos/photo.jsp?photoID=2264565&prev=1

Either way, you look pretty and that's all that matters.

T-6005
08-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Nifty. Didn't watch the whole thing, but fastforwarded it to your appearance.

Exact same. I tried to but it was terrible and boring. Then I tapped my feet to your music and was like THERE! and then it was boring again.

JoY
08-30-2008, 06:54 AM
I thought u had a flower in your hair when I first saw this picture:
http://www.freewebs.com/romanez/apps/photos/photo.jsp?photoID=2294637&prev=1

Now I think it's just a hair band. I think I got confused because before I saw you holding a flower in the following picture and I assumed its the same flower that you had in your hair.
http://www.freewebs.com/romanez/apps/photos/photo.jsp?photoID=2264565&prev=1

Either way, you look pretty and that's all that matters.

ohhh, you're talking about thoooose pictures! it's a flower on a hairband, so practically you're right. the second one is a flower on a hairband aswell, except it's a different flower, a yellow one. both are fake, duh. that first picture was taken at a play we played in, the second picture is at a concert at a private party for some gay guy.

either way, thank you.<3 :]

Exact same. I tried to but it was terrible and boring. Then I tapped my feet to your music and was like THERE! and then it was boring again.

oh yeah, totally! the film is boring as HELL. glad you liked the bit with us in it. if I were the director, we'd be playing through the entire film. ;p

HornyPope
08-31-2008, 01:30 AM

First, that's not a nice thing to say.

Second, I didn't think the movie was bad. It's somebody's creative idea and I think it's well done. Does it relate to me artistically? No, maybe not. Could I have done a better job myself? Yes, I would have. But see, that doesn't make it a bad movie. There is no shame to be bested by my artistic sense. Overall, this is still a good production and that's what's really important to acknowledge.

I salute you Dutch girls and gals working on this movie.

JoY
09-01-2008, 03:57 PM
hah, I believe it's been aproved to be shown in Cannes at the filmfestival!

ps. why am I having the idea that alcohol is influencing my typing skills?