PDA

View Full Version : help me settle this...

Sunny
08-25-2008, 05:12 PM
is it normal to put ketchup on a grilled cheese sandwich?

i say yes, of course, duh.

my mens says no, ew, wtf.

i'm right, he's wrong, help me prove it. thx. <3

Betty
08-25-2008, 05:15 PM
You are right! Na na na to Mr. Sunny.

Not everybody thinks it's good, but it's definitely "normal."

JohnnyNemesis
08-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Not only is it not normal, that shit is CRIMINAL! I've never heard of doing such things but my sensibilities are offended.

:mad:

nieh
08-25-2008, 05:17 PM
I've never seen anyone do that before. Ever. And it sounds gross. Sunny = very very wrong.

HeadAroundU
08-25-2008, 05:18 PM
It's not normal.

I can't betray mankind!

Sunny
08-25-2008, 05:21 PM
WHAT.
you deviants eat grilled cheeses with tomato soup but not with ketchup? ...THE HELL is wrong with you?!?!

mr sunny is beaming with vindication as we speak. i'm PISSED.

thank you, michelle, for being a voice of reason in this den of insanity. <3

jacknife737
08-25-2008, 05:23 PM
I almost always eat grilled cheese with ketchup. So i've got your back.

Tijs
08-25-2008, 05:23 PM
If it makes a difference Sunny, almost everyone I know eats it like that.

Everyone, except me. It's fucking gross.

JohnnyNemesis
08-25-2008, 05:24 PM
What the fuck is wrong with everyone?!

nieh
08-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Why would you ruin a perfectly good grilled cheese by putting ketchup on it? And I don't actually eat it with tomato soup either, but tomato soup and ketchup are not the same thing.

jacknife737
08-25-2008, 05:25 PM
What the fuck is wrong with everyone?!

I'm Canadian, i put ketchup on everything.

Little_Miss_1565
08-25-2008, 05:26 PM
All ketchup-eaters in this thread seem to be Canadian. Is this some kind of scourge of the great white North?

Sunny, tomato soup doesn't have all the sugar that ketchup does so it's not the same!

Betty
08-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Ketchup is sometimes used as a condiment.

It also references Ontario as the place of origin (although lacking a citation). Therefore I think I can be considered a TRUSTED SOURCE, unlike these discriminators.

jacknife737
08-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Since this is semi on topic, is it true that the US doesn't have ketchup flavored chips?

Little_Miss_1565
08-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Since this is semi on topic, is it true that the US doesn't have ketchup flavored chips?

Untrue, I've had them. Don't see them everywhere, though.

Sunny
08-25-2008, 05:28 PM
All ketchup-eaters in this thread seem to be Canadian. Is this some kind of scourge of the great white North?

Sunny, tomato soup doesn't have all the sugar that ketchup does so it's not the same!

dude, it's all tomato goo! ;(

i hate you all. except the canadians.

Betty
08-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Do you know what I couldn't find in the U.S. (well, at a gas station in TN)? GINGERALE! Ridiculous.

JohnnyNemesis
08-25-2008, 05:31 PM
(although lacking a citation).

Therefore I think I can be considered a TRUSTED SOURCE

I LOL'd out loud and IRL.

You couldn't find ginger ale ?!?!? I see it everywhere and have some of that deliciousness every day; it's as common as water. Wtf is wrong with TN?

Btw, ketchup is the quintessential condiment, but wtf I can't believe people use condiments on GRILLED CHEESE sandwiches!

Betty
08-25-2008, 05:34 PM
I LOL'd out loud and IRL.

You couldn't find ginger ale ?!?!? I see it everywhere and have some of that deliciousness every day; it's as common as water. Wtf is wrong with TN?

Btw, ketchup is the quintessential condiment, but wtf I can't believe people use condiments on GRILLED CHEESE sandwiches!

Luckily JD is a versatile enough beverage that mixing with Sprite was an acceptable, albeit less tasty, alternative.

On ketchup: I'm not a huge fan, myself. Nor am I a huge fan of other sweet dipping sauces like, say, plum sauce for chicken fingers. But I do think a little bit is good on grilled cheese to cut the richness. Only a bit though.

Sunny
08-25-2008, 05:36 PM
absolutely! grilled cheeses are just a little too gooey and rich without the ketchupy tangyness. i also like to have a pickle on the side. IS THAT WRONG TOO? ;(

btw, you haters should know that mr sunny said "FUCK YEAH" and did a little jig after reading this thread.

jacknife737
08-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Well, at least this thread helped to determine what i'm having for dinner.

Betty
08-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Side pickles are oh so so right.

I'm the person who sits at a restaurant and eyes the pickles on everybody's plates to make sure that they eat them before the waiter takes them away.

Sunny
08-25-2008, 05:39 PM
YES! i do the same thing. i'm always like ">_> are you going to eat your pickle? no? can i has?"

jacknife, enjoy your dinner. and enjoy knowing that you're eating it the RIGHT way.

T-6005
08-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Sunny, you should stop dragging your personal problems onto the BBS. I hate to see how unstable your life is.

Also, ketchup? I guess that could work, but I've never done it before.

Rag Doll
08-25-2008, 06:10 PM
i'm with mr. sunny. ewwwwwwww ketchup on a grilled cheese.

and ew pickles too. i give mine to my mens before it can even come into contact with anything i might be eating.

hshduppsnt
08-25-2008, 06:25 PM
Well, at least this thread helped to determine what i'm having for dinner.

haha nice...

as for the topic - I've seen ketchup on a lot of things I didn't quite understand (with pasta for example - its not too different from say a tomato sauce) and I guess I can see why you would do it with a lot of things but as for the grilled cheese... its like the perfect snack/meal and you shouldn't add Anything to it to ruin it... ketchup included! So no... you're wrong. Ketchup is ok but not on a grilled cheese!

KHWHD
08-25-2008, 06:34 PM
I love ketchup on a lot of things. And yes, I don't put ketchup ON my grilled cheese per se, but I do dip my grilled cheese IN the ketchup. Maybe that's what you mean, but that's not how I'd word it.

Steal
08-25-2008, 06:48 PM
You people are crazy! Grilled Cheese is absolutely uneatable without ketchup, it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too stringy and sweet. UGhh. Ketchup ftw.

Also, you may call me crazy, but I consider anyone who eats barbecue sauce is crazy. That stuff is UNEATABLE.

KHWHD
08-25-2008, 06:52 PM
You people are crazy! Grilled Cheese is absolutely uneatable without ketchup, it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too stringy and sweet. UGhh. Ketchup ftw.

Also, you may call me crazy, but I consider anyone who eats barbecue sauce is crazy. That stuff is UNEATABLE.

Love that too. Don't eat it as much as ketchup, but I love it with burgers and chicken.

Betty
08-25-2008, 06:55 PM
I feel like people aren't properly understanding the question asked here.

The question asked was "Is it normal to put ketchup on grilled cheese?" and NOT "Do you put ketchup on grilled cheese?" or "Do you like the taste of ketchup on grilled cheese?"

For people like Josh who said they've never witnessed it, that's okay.

KHWHD
08-25-2008, 07:00 PM
I feel like people aren't properly understanding the question asked here.

The question asked was "Is it normal to put ketchup on grilled cheese?" and NOT "Do you put ketchup on grilled cheese?" or "Do you like the taste of ketchup on grilled cheese?"

When I first read the question, I thought she meant do you pour ketchup ON your grilled cheese. Or literally put it on top of the grilled cheese. That's why I said what I said.. I dip my grilled cheese IN ketchup. :confused:

Ryder1234
08-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Does anyone put tomatoes on grilled cheese? Its good.

Ive heard of putting ketchup on them, but I dont.

Sunny
08-25-2008, 07:08 PM
o_O

O_o

Sunny, you should stop dragging your personal problems onto the BBS. I hate to see how unstable your life is.

married lyfe=pain ;(

0r4ng3
08-25-2008, 07:12 PM
I personally wouldn't do the whole "grilled cheese with ketchup" thing, but I can't see how it would be too much of a problem. Isn't it essentially a cheeseburger without the meat?

Sinister
08-25-2008, 07:15 PM
Grilled cheese sandwich should only be bread and grilled cheese. Suggesting anything else is blasphemy.

nieh
08-25-2008, 07:19 PM
grilled cheeses are just a little too gooey and rich

it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too stringy and sweet.

I didn't think this was possible, but I think you guys somehow found a way to make grilled cheese wrong.

KHWHD
08-25-2008, 07:21 PM
I didn't think this was possible, but I think you guys somehow found a way to make grilled cheese wrong.

Hahaha, pervert. :D :p

lost_nvrfound
08-25-2008, 07:25 PM
WHAT.
you deviants eat grilled cheeses with tomato soup but not with ketchup? ...THE HELL is wrong with you?!?!

i do neither. But I do put ketchup on eggrolls...

Rag Doll
08-25-2008, 07:27 PM

i bet i could fuck up a grilled cheese.

lost_nvrfound
08-25-2008, 07:35 PM
i bet i could fuck up a grilled cheese.

HAHAHAHA!

ten

Jebus
08-25-2008, 07:56 PM
No, I don't think it's normal and it sounds disgusting. Grilled Cheese with tomato soup is also a pretty foreign concept to me.

I have heard of grilled cheese with mayo though.

Little_Miss_1565
08-25-2008, 08:42 PM
I have heard of grilled cheese with mayo though.

Grilled cheese with mayo is awesome. Cheese fat and mayo fat go so well together.

WebDudette
08-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Grilled cheese with ketchup or tomato soup is mandatory.

Ooh, or the Sriracha Hot Sauce I have.

RickyCrack
08-25-2008, 09:24 PM
am I the only person that always mixes ketchup with mayo? also grilled cheese with ketchup is love. leave your man and I'll serve you grilled cheese with all the ketchup you want ( also I'm a professional waiter).

basically this is my online love letter to you.

ps I'm so polish I shit kielbasa and dumplings

Jakebert
08-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Ketchup....Catsup...Ketchup...Catsup?

Are you gentlemen here to help me with my ketchup problem?

KHWHD
08-25-2008, 09:27 PM
am I the only person that always mixes ketchup with mayo?

My ex-hubby used to put ketchup and mayo on his hotdogs. And yes, the kind you eat. :p I personally thought it was disgusting. To each their own I guess.

Jules69
08-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the idea Sunny!! Am having it now together and it is awsome!!:D

RickyCrack
08-25-2008, 09:30 PM
My ex-hubby used to put ketchup and mayo on his hotdogs. And yes, the kind you eat. :p I personally thought it was disgusting. To each their own I guess.

I do the same thing. also in high school I also added crmpled up sour cream and onion ruffles. my eating habbits are chillsauce

Jebus
08-25-2008, 09:35 PM
What's so strange about ketchup and mayo on hot dogs? I always put those two and mustard on my hot dogs along with onions if available.

WebDudette
08-25-2008, 09:39 PM
I use all sorts of random condiments.

Ranch and cheese with my onion rings.
Ranch and ketchup with my pretzels.
Mayo with my hamburgers and hot dogs.
Ketchup with macaroni (sometimes, not often).
Various salad dressing to dip a sandwich in.

Lizardus
08-25-2008, 10:19 PM
I put ketchup on my grilled cheese and i'm not canadian.

I like it because i can pretend i'm having pizza.

am I the only person that always mixes ketchup with mayo?
Nope, over here is done fairly often.

ketchup+mayo+boiled quail eggs= yum.

Does anyone put tomatoes on grilled cheese?
I like to indulge in this too.

Ryder1234
08-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Ketchup with macaroni (sometimes, not often).

Macaroni as in KD, right? Of so, then I put it on KD all the time. It's the best.

Endymion
08-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Ooh, or the Sriracha Hot Sauce I have.

cock sauce rocks.

also, ketchup on grilled cheese? first time i've heard of it. i don't like ketchup in general though.

and canadians have no taste anyway, they drink vodka w/ clamato.

WebDudette
08-25-2008, 11:23 PM
haha yeah, the hot cock sauce.

it makes everything better.

Betty
08-26-2008, 12:21 AM
and canadians have no taste anyway, they drink vodka w/ clamato.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA. You will not speak of the caesar in such a way.

bighead384
08-26-2008, 12:53 AM
Does anyone put tomatoes on grilled cheese? Its good.

Yeah, that's where it's at. Sometimes I put hot sauce on grilled cheese. I'm weird like that. But the most important thing about grilled cheese is that you get just the right cheese to bread ratio. And also, the bread has to be slightly crispy so the sandwich has the right texture. Panini(sp?) bread always rocks. A few requirements have to be met for a grilled cheese sandwich to satisfy me.

bighead384
08-26-2008, 01:04 AM
On the subject of simple sandwiches, I recommend "Ghetto Pizza". I saw the recipe for that on the Gringo Bandito site, and it's been somewhat of a regular in my arsenal of lunch snacks. As long as you have quality ingredients, not cheap shit, it turns out tasty as hell.

http://gringobandito.com/recipes/ghetto-pizza