PDA

View Full Version : The Goo Goo Dolls

one hundred punks
08-26-2008, 07:10 AM
The Goo Goo Dolls kick ass.My favorite albums are Hold Me Up,SuperStarCarWash and Dizzy Up The Girl. Hard to believe but at one time The Goos were a punk band.Any other fans here?

Jakebert
08-26-2008, 07:51 AM
I used to really like them, then two things happened:

1.) Let Love In.
2.) I started listening to the Replacements more, and therefore, the Goo Goo Dolls became irrelevent.

Llamas
08-26-2008, 02:35 PM
I can agree with Jakebert's post kinda, especially the first point... but only the first two albums sounded like the Replacements. And yeah, almost exactly. But Superstar Carwash, which is my favorite album of theirs, sounds nothing like them. They had some great shit among Superstar, Boy Named Goo, and Dizzy Up the Girl. I still like them, but definitely lost a lot of interest after Let Love In.

randman21
08-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Goo Goo Dolls used to be my second favorite band. Now they're probably at the bottom end of my top ten. Still, "Iris" has been my favorite song for the past ten years...Heh, but I'm wondering, why no love for "Let Love In"? It never struck me as a huge departure from their more current stuff...

Llamas
08-26-2008, 09:28 PM
why no love for "Let Love In"? It never struck me as a huge departure from their more current stuff...

Are you serious? The biggest difference is the production. It is so bland, smoothed over, and left without a single bit of rock. It sounds fake, and Robby's voice sounds generic without any bit of realness to it. Plus Robby only had two songs on the album, and they were extremely bland. It was mostly ballads, and all the songs sounded the same. Mid-tempo smooth relaxed. Nothing really stood out.

Guttermouth edged into that area a bit, but it had some cool stuff like "What A Scene" and "Tucked Away" and "Smash". Dizzy Up the Girl and Boy Named Goo were fantastic. Varied, more pure, creative, and rocking.

Jakebert
08-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Yeah, I like Guttermouth too.

Llamas
08-26-2008, 09:56 PM
hahaha wow. I definitely didn't realize I typed that... I'm really out of it tonight. I actually can't remember what it's called now... Gutter...flower?

However, your post makes no sense, cause my post wasn't about liking that album. ;)