PDA

View Full Version : In this thread, we discuss Iron and Wine.

Jakebert
08-26-2008, 08:44 PM
Over the past, I don't know, 4 months or so they've been quickly becoming one of my favorite bands of all time. Without a doubt one of the most consistent "bands" currently recording music. I'd honestly give everything that they've done, including EP's, at least a 4.5/5.

The thing I like is how genuine Sam Beam's writing style is. It's getting really hard to tell apart a lot of indie-folk acts these days, but Beam stands out with the almost timeless quality of his songwriting. "The Creek Drank the Cradle" sounds like it was recorded on a porch of a log cabin in Appalacia without sounding like he purposely intended it that way. "Our Endless Numbered Days" is just simply one of the best albums I've heard in the last like 10 years, and "The Shepard's Dog" has an amazing sense of experimentation that works extremely well.

And now that you've read my post, which reads like an Allmusic.com review, feel free to discuss your opinion.

coke_a_holic
08-26-2008, 08:59 PM
I listened to Our Endless Numbered Days a few months ago, excited.

I didn't like it very much.

I felt like I had betrayed my pretentious self. :(

Jakebert
08-26-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure if we can be friends anymore.

Forza
08-27-2008, 01:17 AM
This band was on Lowlands too, weren't they? I remember seeing the guy with the beard on tv. The beard is probably the best thing of Iron and Wine. And then you have Built to Spill, with a better beard and a better act.