PDA

View Full Version : Greg K. wrote "Trust In You" -- Noodles said so!

JoeBassK
08-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Greg K. is my hero.
Noodles says that he wrote "Trust In You"
Check out this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwKzHSOfg2E

Alex101
08-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Hahaha OK...

bhg_rulz2
08-27-2008, 03:49 PM
fuck yeah!
greg k. is a calm badass guy!

lyrics are powerfull
congrats greg k for that awesome song

Ryder1234
08-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Sweet! If that's true, then Greg should always write some songs on their albums!

But you never know, thats also the show where Noodles said that each song was written by someone else, like he said Pete wrote one of the songs off Smash. It's not so likely then.

Actually, I don't know if I really believe it.

Biggest offspring fan
08-27-2008, 04:09 PM
If its true, I LOVE YOU GREG, fucking great work. Haha funny show, dexter got kissed by a boy :P

jacknife737
08-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Although I know that Dexter is the primary song writer, i've always been curious to what the other guys contributions have been.

Biggest offspring fan
08-27-2008, 04:17 PM
I know that Noodles wrote ''mission from god'' for Ignition but it never made it.

EDIT: sorry, i ment that he wrote D.U.I. :P

jacknife737
08-27-2008, 04:28 PM
I know that Noodles wrote ''mission from god'' for Ignition but it never made it.

I've also been under the impression that he wrote What Happened To You.

Tijs
08-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Greg K. didn't write Trust in You. They joked around the whole set telling the crowd other people wrote the songs.

If you believe everything that was said during that show, then Dexter only wrote Self Esteem. Then Warren wrote songs for the band. Then Pete wrote songs for the band. Then Noodles wrote songs for the band. Hell, Oxygene wrote Beheaded.

The only Offspring song I'm sure about which lyrics weren't (co-)written by Dexter is D.U.I..

The main message I'm trying to send out here is: Don't trust Noodles. Ever.

Ryder1234
08-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Yeah, thats what I thought.

Tijs
08-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Yeah I think they did it too at the MySpace and the Chain Reaction show.

Jojan
08-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Greg är mannen.

F@ BANKZ
08-27-2008, 04:56 PM
I think in light of this thread that it is possible that Noodles never wrote D.U.I. The main source of this belief is from what Noodles himself posted here on B.B.S. and it wouldn't be the first time he's pulled the prank; I fell for his claims to You're Gonna Go Far Kid at Download.

And Noodles, if you're reading this: I know that you shot J.R.

lost_nvrfound
08-27-2008, 05:00 PM

HAHAHA! Thats going in my signature!!!

Wasn't it Noodles that wrote DUI?

F@ BANKZ
08-27-2008, 05:06 PM
HAHAHA! Thats going in my signature!!!

Wasn't it Noodles that wrote DUI?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, I wrote the lyrics to our DUI. Come on, don't deny me my one song-writing credit.

Can someone post our DUI lyrics here? I forgot how it goes.

I demand a retrial!

iPunk247
08-27-2008, 09:50 PM
i betcha (no $$$) they're gonna say nextime that ipunk wrote I♥Sex&Dex. :D

KHWHD
08-27-2008, 10:14 PM
i betcha (no $$$) they're gonna say nextime that ipunk wrote I♥Sex&Dex. :D

Welcome back!! Miss you! :) ;)

iPunk247
08-27-2008, 11:27 PM
Welcome back!! Miss you! :) ;)

thanx. ~*^____^*~

and vice versa ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Oxygene
08-28-2008, 01:58 AM
No Noodles didn't write DUI dexter started writing it, but didn't really like it so he gave it to noodles.. hence the 3 guitar solos in the song

and I DID write beheaded =)

WORD :D

actually I didn't, but I whish I did :cool:

I love those guys, I'm in a very offspring loving mood right now ehehe

Jesus
08-28-2008, 06:12 AM
The trust in you thing is obviously a joke as Tijs made clear.

And D.U.I. was indeed co-written by Dexter and Noodles. The other song Noodles co-wrote was 'Hand Grenades' (together with Dexter and Higgins). Just check BMI if you don't believe me. The whole band gets credit there for ignition but that's just because Dexter is nice.

Hand Grenades:
http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=4827682&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

D.U.I.:
http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=3892727&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

medi01
08-28-2008, 06:16 AM
And D.U.I. was indeed co-written by Dexter and Noodles. The other song Noodles co-wrote was 'Hand Grenades' (together with Dexter and Higgins). Just check BMI if you don't believe me. The whole band gets credit there for ignition but that's just because Dexter is nice.

Hand Grenades:
http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=4827682&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

D.U.I.:
http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=3892727&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

...i was looking through and apparently dexters co written a song with 'christian jacobs' called 'amino man' ... anyone no anything about that?

Superdope
08-28-2008, 06:29 AM
Amino Man is an Aquabats song...

JoeBassK
08-28-2008, 07:42 AM
Greg K. didn't write Trust in You. They joked around the whole set telling the crowd other people wrote the songs.

If you believe everything that was said during that show, then Dexter only wrote Self Esteem. Then Warren wrote songs for the band. Then Pete wrote songs for the band. Then Noodles wrote songs for the band. Hell, Oxygene wrote Beheaded.

The only Offspring song I'm sure about which lyrics weren't (co-)written by Dexter is D.U.I..

Oh well, still a badass song with a badass breakdown.

Smash punker
08-29-2008, 07:07 AM

Noodles is the best liar ever. So punx. Love that...:D So funny. What´s next? That Greg is leader of the band? :D

Rutegard
08-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Noodles is the best liar ever. So punx. Love that...:D So funny. What´s next? That Greg is leader of the band? :D

no!

that would be Ron

LOL

but now he's gone...so....

drummerbecca
08-29-2008, 11:28 AM
"This song was written by Greg K... who just had a baby 2 days ago!... And doesn't he look great?"

Ba-dum-tish

I love how no one got that joke.

rlplaymaker
08-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Am I the ONLY one who thinks that they sucked on that song? WOW. Its prolly my favorite song on the whole album and to hear it performed like that.....made me wanna cry...and then possibly blow up an orphanage.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Wow, Dexter's vocals are abyssmal in that performance. That's not how he usually sounds live, is it?

lost_nvrfound
08-29-2008, 12:38 PM
He has a hard time with the high note live, but usually it sounds better than that.

Stylie
08-29-2008, 12:46 PM
He has a hard time with the high note live, but usually it sounds better than that.

They only played it once, right? But yeah, I know you ment generally.
Anyway, they're sure gonna performe that songs more times, and I really hope Dexter can do it a little better then. I think he sings very well now, but on this song it didn't went so well. Great to hear anyway!

lost_nvrfound
08-29-2008, 12:49 PM
They only played it once, right? But yeah, I know you ment generally.
Anyway, they're sure gonna performe that songs more times, and I really hope Dexter can do it a little better then. I think he sings very well now, but on this song it didn't went so well. Great to hear anyway!

I guess so. For a moment there, I was convinced I had heard it more than once live.

Szandi
08-29-2008, 01:04 PM
and the bass is better in trust in you. I very like that.

Jack-UK
08-29-2008, 05:18 PM
Well, on the original recording at the Trabendo that came out on youtube i thought the vocals sounded shit, but Jesus and Tijs said that the vocals live were really great and it was just the recording lol... I dunno what to think. lol

Stylie
08-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Well, on the original recording at the Trabendo that came out on youtube i thought the vocals sounded shit, but Jesus and Tijs said that the vocals live were really great and it was just the recording lol... I dunno what to think. lol

A little of both, probably.

Gustavo
08-30-2008, 07:59 AM
I don't think he actually wrote it, as far as I know, in that concert, they joked around and said other people wrote the songs. Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't he say Warren Fitzgerald wrote You're Gonna Go Far, Kid?

yeah! haha

Rutegard
08-31-2008, 07:12 AM
I don't think he actually wrote it, as far as I know, in that concert, they joked around and said other people wrote the songs. Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't he say Warren Fitzgerald wrote You're Gonna Go Far, Kid?

yes you are right :D