PDA

View Full Version : Super excited cause I got a new job!!

lost_nvrfound
08-27-2008, 10:23 PM
I just got hired today at Forever 21! I'm so excited because its basically my favorite store of all time! And its my first job not in fast food, which is really nice. I start next week and I am so so so so excited about it!

KHWHD
08-27-2008, 10:37 PM
I just got hired today at Forever 21! I'm so excited because its basically my favorite store of all time! And its my first job not in fast food, which is really nice. I start next week and I am so so so so excited about it!

That's great Karin!! Sorry, but what is Forever 21? :confused:

Ryder1234
08-27-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm getting my first ever job soon... the details are hazy but I'm working as a call in right now, and when school starts some people are moving/going to college etc., I get a part time job (as in Thursday and Saturday, which is really all I need). I'll be working at Kilshaws Auctioneers.

Congrats on the jawb!

http://www.forever21.com/
I'm guessing this is it, correct me if I'm wrong.

Endymion
08-27-2008, 10:47 PM
wooo for working retail!

lost_nvrfound
08-27-2008, 10:48 PM
That would be the one!

I love that store. They have everything from hippie to mod, and it costs half as much as most stores in the mall.

Ryder1234
08-27-2008, 11:00 PM
I usually opt to get my clothes here

http://www.threesixtyboardshop.ca/

or here:

http://coastlinesurf.com/

Also go to this (http://www.threesixtyboardshop.ca/?page_id=7) page and look at the picture at the bottom. I walk by there all the time haha. I also know that guy.

lost_nvrfound
08-27-2008, 11:11 PM
I usually opt to get my clothes here

http://www.threesixtyboardshop.ca/

or here:

http://coastlinesurf.com/

Also go to this (http://www.threesixtyboardshop.ca/?page_id=7) page and look at the picture at the bottom. I walk by there all the time haha. I also know that guy.

I always like pacsun for skate type clothes (only when they have sales though because its always so expensive), but mostly because its convenient.

Actually, I think the store I'm working at is officially XXI (said like the letters not roman numerals), but that just means that its Forever 21 with an even hipper name. :D But its all the same chain.

Ryder1234
08-27-2008, 11:14 PM
Haha cool.

I got some school clothes a Coastline this year, spent about 400. Thank god my mom was paying :D.

lost_nvrfound
08-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Haha cool.

I got some school clothes a Coastline this year, spent about 400. Thank god my mom was paying :D.

My parents haven't bought me clothes for 2 1/2 years. It all started when I got my first job. Thats when it became "Oh you have your own money, go spend that" and then when all my money was gone because I had to spend it all it was "You should be more careful with your money." What can I say? I go through a lot of clothes. I'm hard on them. I wear them out sooo fast. I have to buy new pants every 5 months or so, otherwise the holes in my jeans start to get obscene. No one wants to see nor should get to see that.

Ryder1234
08-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Somehow my clothes seem to hold up. I'm pretty hard on them. Although last year I had a huge hole In one pair of jeans. However I think it's there because we were at some play or something with school, and I was so bored I ripped a small hole and made it huge.

It's the same with me. I get $45 dollars allowance a month (I don't really do anything for it though...), and I spend as soon as I get. Then I have no money for a month. It sucks.

hshduppsnt
08-27-2008, 11:24 PM
congrats on the new job.

I remember my first job. soccer ref. good times.

first real job though actually wasn't till I started TAing in college. (one semester of grading beforehand too but like whatever).

lost_nvrfound
08-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Somehow my clothes seem to hold up. I'm pretty hard on them. Although last year I had a huge hole In one pair of jeans. However I think it's there because we were at some play or something with school, and I was so bored I ripped a small hole and made it huge.

It's the same with me. I get $45 dollars allowance a month (I don't really do anything for it though...), and I spend as soon as I get. Then I have no money for a month. It sucks.

I've gotten a lot better about holding on to my money. Which is good, because I really need to try to save as much as I can between now and next summer. Not only do I want to be able to get an apartment the moment classes let out, but I want to fly to California for a week next summer and just wander about, doing whatever I feel like doing.

lost_nvrfound
08-27-2008, 11:34 PM
congrats on the new job.

I remember my first job. soccer ref. good times.

first real job though actually wasn't till I started TAing in college. (one semester of grading beforehand too but like whatever).

Thanks. This is my third. But I'm more excited for this one than I was for the other two.

iPunk247
08-27-2008, 11:35 PM
♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥

congratz! gurl
U R awesomely rad
forever21 is nice
dance fucker dance

♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥

hshduppsnt
08-27-2008, 11:55 PM
Thanks. This is my third. But I'm more excited for this one than I was for the other two.

yeah but you said first out of fast food so i was just going with that...

plus technically my official third job is being a grad student and less exciting... :-/ haha.

regardless cool. plus i bet you're stoked about that employee discount eh?

jacknife737
08-28-2008, 01:33 AM
congrats, it's always a good thing if you like where you work.

randman21
08-28-2008, 02:57 AM
I was going to say something not in the festive spirit of this thread, but never mind. Congrats!:D

Blitzkrieg Bop
08-28-2008, 05:20 AM
Congrats :)

Sunny
08-28-2008, 05:59 AM
congrats! i can't help but have a soft spot for Forever 21. :o

Oromis
08-28-2008, 06:08 AM
Congrats on the job, do you know if you get any employee discount or anything?

Rag Doll
08-28-2008, 07:02 AM
hey, congrats. i hate retail jobs, but it's all i can get with my college schedule. i work in the mall, right by an xxi that is supposed to open. i'm currently trying to either get bumped up to store manager at my current job or find a new job that doesn't involve clothing of any type. i'm a huge nerd, and i kinda wanna work in a gamestop =\.

my personal favorite of the stores in the mall that sell cheap clothes is h&m.

hshduppsnt
08-28-2008, 11:46 AM
hey, congrats. i hate retail jobs, but it's all i can get with my college schedule. i work in the mall, right by an xxi that is supposed to open. i'm currently trying to either get bumped up to store manager at my current job or find a new job that doesn't involve clothing of any type. i'm a huge nerd, and i kinda wanna work in a gamestop =\.

my personal favorite of the stores in the mall that sell cheap clothes is h&m.

haha - I would say that's all kinds of awesome except the gamestop people are always the one that pretend like you know nothing about video games and are constantly trying to get people to pre-order and give back old games and this and that, and I guess it makes sense business wise but its like, once I say no I don't want to pre-order a game, stop telling me about all the awesome games coming out and ask me three more times...

so... if you work there... they'll probably make you but try not to be the most annoying :)

(unless thats just gamestops out here...)

medi01
08-28-2008, 11:52 AM
lol...i read the thread title as 'Super excited cause I got a blow job!!'

Ryder1234
08-28-2008, 12:57 PM
I've gotten a lot better about holding on to my money. Which is good, because I really need to try to save as much as I can between now and next summer. Not only do I want to be able to get an apartment the moment classes let out, but I want to fly to California for a week next summer and just wander about, doing whatever I feel like doing.

Yeah, thats cool. Money isn't really a big issue for me at this point, so the only bad that can come from spending it all is that I won't have any money.

Cali should be cool. I wanna go there at some point. I'm pretty sure that my family was going to go to Disneyland or something last summer but then something broke and we had to buy a new one, spending all the money we had put away.

Stylie
08-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Great, congrats!

I work in small food store, heh. Not the dream job, but it's just to make some fresh money. And it's just some few hundred meters away from me, and it's like the only shop around this place too (drive 10 km and we get to a little bigger place). It's okay, worked there a bit now in the summer and stuff.

lost_nvrfound
08-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Congrats on the job, do you know if you get any employee discount or anything?

I know there is a discount, but I don't know how big it is.

It is very very exciting anyways.

disclaimer_07
08-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Congratz!!! And good luck with that.

The first (and the only so far) job I ever got was working as a translator for an online English dictionary. So practically I didn't have to leave home most of the time, well maybe just to get paid. ;P

lost_nvrfound
08-28-2008, 08:55 PM
The best part is that now maybe I'll be able to justify getting an amp. I don't have one for some reason.

Ryder1234
08-28-2008, 08:57 PM
No amp!? Lol

lost_nvrfound
08-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Never really needed one at home when I wanted to play with one, I'd just go to my dad's and use one of his many kits.

Ryder1234
08-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Ahh ok. Thats why I like acoustics.

lost_nvrfound
08-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Thats why the first guitar I bought was an acoustic.

Ryder1234
08-28-2008, 09:51 PM
My most recent was my first acoustic