PDA

View Full Version : Ever have one of those "days?"

KHWHD
08-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Or perhaps weeks..... or even months? Where it seems like you just keep digging yourself a deeper hole and can't seem to dig your way back out? I'm speaking financially.

I made a post about a month ago asking advice about a job that I was fired illegally from. Back in June I was fired after being on stress leave for 4 weeks (6 if you count the 2 weeks I had to wait to get in to get a doctors note) because apparently I was off of work too long and was needed at work.

Anyway, I eventually got EI but will recieve 16 weeks total (and 8 weeks of that was back paid for sick leave.) I only have 3 weeks left of EI and I'm having one hell of a time finding work. I have a case in through the HRTO (Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario) and I should hear something back soon. Apparently the company hasn't replied back to the HRTO yet (they've had 35 days) and their time is up at the beginning of Sept. So hopefully something good will come out of that.

I receive monies from the government (CCTB, UCCB) for my 2 daughters but they've cut over $200.00 a month from me. And believe it or not, but that's a lot of money for a single Mom.

Calvin isn't paying support (again) because of his situation with Kellie, so that's an additional $400.00 a month I'm losing too. It just seems like when things start to look up, something else comes along and it's twice as bad as you thought it would be. Anyone else hear/read what I'm saying? Thanks for letting me cry like a little girl. And believe me when I say cry like a little girl.. cause it's litterally too. :(

randman21
08-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Fishin' for another warning, eh, HAU?

KHWHD
08-30-2008, 08:03 PM

What? :confused:

HeadAroundU
08-30-2008, 08:10 PM
What? I have no idea what are you talking about. I just saw her avatar from Ignition era and that song came into my mind.

Rag Doll
08-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Back on topic...

Yeah, Shank. I was unemployed for like 6 months this year. My parents don't really make enough money to support me or help me out too much. So I have shitloads of bills that are going to take me forever to be able to pay off. Sigh. It's a super shitty feeling. I spent a lot of time pretty damn miserable/stressed. Now, I only get worried and upset over money when I'm on my period.

HeadAroundU
08-30-2008, 08:21 PM
I feel so sorry for you. :( Goshdamn money! I think that you should go listen to Ignition to cheer up your mood. =)

Jakebert
08-30-2008, 10:13 PM
[B]Or perhaps weeks..... or even months? B]

Or even your yeeeeeeeeeear.

wheelchairman
08-30-2008, 10:14 PM
I am fortunate enough to live in a wellfare state. However last spring my employer fired 3/4ths of the employees and stopped giving shifts to many of the rest. There was a month where I didn't have any hours of work. (It's normalized now but I'm looking for other jobs because that was fucked.)

I ended up having to take my vacation money that month. (Part of everyone's paycheck is saved up and comes back to you when you apply for it. I think half of it is matched by the company but I'm not really sure how it works.)

Oh and I just got a bill for 700$ from my old internet provider. They claimed that I hadn't cancelled my subscription and hadn't paid my bills since December. So the 700$ was 7 months of the bill, plus interest plus late fees. Naturally I was freaked the fuck out. However I had cancelled it so it was eventually solved.

coke_a_holic
08-30-2008, 10:14 PM
It's just one of those days when you don't wanna wake up
Everything is fucked, everybody sucks.
And you really don't know why, but you wanna justify
RIPPIN' SOMEONE'S HEAD OFF

yellow
08-31-2008, 04:56 AM
It's just one of those days when you don't wanna wake up
Everything is fucked, everybody sucks.
And you really don't know why, but you wanna justify
RIPPIN' SOMEONE'S HEAD OFF

I love that song!!!
Shank - god bless u with the financial miracles u need right now.

randman21
08-31-2008, 05:08 AM
What? :confused:
Nothing, really.

Cheer up. Something will come along. The main thing right now is to not stop looking.