PDA

View Full Version : Oh my...

jacknife737
08-31-2008, 01:02 AM
Christian NU Metal - Jesus Freak. I shall award a thousand internets to whomever can sit through the entire video. http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=q2zSNOWpI9s

"Marmalade Jelly" = lulz.

WebDudette
08-31-2008, 01:11 AM
As I challenge I watched all of it.

I've actually heard this song many of time because of my brother and an unfortunate friend of mine (he has a signed picture). It is bad.

Jebus
08-31-2008, 01:15 AM
I like it.

ad8
08-31-2008, 03:27 AM
lol. Imo, it doesn't sound much like NU Metal. But whatever. It's just sort of... weird:D

H1T_That
08-31-2008, 07:18 AM
I think i just found my new favourite band.

dff_punk
08-31-2008, 08:44 AM
I have known this song for a long time. Back in the day, my sister used to listen to that song all the time on full volume and jump like a "Jesus Freak" :)

Free?
08-31-2008, 09:26 AM
Black guy singin in Cobain-style and white guy rappin. Those guys are pretty original! :D

Andy
09-02-2008, 11:52 AM
It's not OVERLY bad. Muscially, it's just like any other middle of the road popmetal song. It's issue is the, frankly, godawful lyrics. I don't really care that it's about Jesus and all that bollocks, they're just bad.

"I saw a man with tat on his big fat belly/It wiggled around like marmalade jelly"

Also, anyone else hear a faint similarity with the chorus to this song and the chorus to Bon Jovi's 'Living On A Prayer'? I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's definately something there.

IamSam
09-02-2008, 02:38 PM
As someone that was 'forced' by parents to only listen to Christian music until high school (Sophomore year). DC Talk was actually my favorite band.

That being said: I think that being a Christian artist really paints you into a corner with what your lyrics can be. I'm not condoning horrible lyrics...but I think that is something to be mindful of.

jacknife737
09-02-2008, 02:52 PM
That being said: I think that being a Christian artist really paints you into a corner with what your lyrics can be. I'm not condoning horrible lyrics...but I think that is something to be mindful of.

That seems very true. I have yet to hear a "Christian artist" whose lyrics aren't full of awful clichés. That said, take the band MXPX, whose members are all Christians, and some of their songs have Christian themes, yet they manage not use Jesus as the subject matter for every song.

WebDudette
09-02-2008, 02:54 PM
mewithoutYou have phenomenal lyrics that are also very religious. Though, I suppose they don't actually consider themselves a Christian band.