PDA

View Full Version : RAFRAG covered by us

Pages : [1] 2 3

Free?
08-31-2008, 02:31 AM
Here is the idea I came up with. I've noticed there are some members here that keep on producing Offspring covers (not a big surprise), so I thought to offer you guys to cover the whole RAFRAG, it would be better if each song would be covered by a different member. Should be a pretty fun thing to do, especially for those who will make covers!

So if you're interested in that, speak up about who will take which song to cover and start on working :p.

Of course, when all the album is done, we will put all the songs together into "RAFRAG made by us" :).

You might want to think about your "band's name" if a cover is made by few members, also we could think of a cool name for the whole album (Like "Various Artists - RAFRAG" only much cooler ;) ).

I also think it would be nice if someone will make a youtube version of this compilation with your covers and photos/avatars clips.

What do you think about this project?

Stylie
08-31-2008, 04:17 AM
Sounds really cool! Good idea.

I wish I could join, but I don't have any instruments. Though, I'm considering buying an electric guitar. I have this acoustic guitar, but I really can't play, just watched and learn some melodies on youtube.

randman21
08-31-2008, 04:27 AM
No joke, I just had this idea a few hours ago (but I wasn't going to post it), so naturally, I think it's a good one. Too bad I don't have my good microphone yet, so I can't do it. I'd like for other people to participate, though.

drummerbecca
08-31-2008, 11:02 AM
Hell yeah, sounds like an awesome idea. I wouldn't want to inflict my "singing" or guitar "playing" on anyone though, so if a drummer is needed, let me know.

disclaimer_07
08-31-2008, 11:10 AM
I would like to sing but I suck at singing :P The idea is great though.

EDIT: I can do some editing if you want ;D

Ryder1234
08-31-2008, 11:47 AM
Is it ok if the cover is a collaboration? Cause you could use our cover of Hammerhead (as in Me, lost_nvrfound, static martyr, and now, possibly a drummer! And Disclaimer did editing so far, so I would recommend him)

It should be done within like 2 or 3 days if we've got a drummer.

mrconeman
08-31-2008, 11:48 AM
These things never work, otherwise it'd be kinda cool.

disclaimer_07
08-31-2008, 12:01 PM

That's what I call an optimistic approach.

drummerbecca
08-31-2008, 12:02 PM

Ye of little faith...
There's no harm in trying I suppose :)

mrconeman
08-31-2008, 12:10 PM
Hey, I said it'd be kinda cool. By all means go ahead and prove me wrong, make it work.

Redjie
08-31-2008, 03:52 PM
It's a really cool idea :D
If my mom decides to offer me an electric guitar, I might thing of that :p

F@ BANKZ
08-31-2008, 04:35 PM
It could happen... We'd need to steal the covers that have been done already though.

Static_Martyr
08-31-2008, 08:34 PM
Alright! I'm in if I can do Kristy. That's my favorite track, and I absolutely *must* be allowed to claim it! I've already recorded it, and it can be heard in my band topic, message #26:

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33680

And I'll be getting an electric drum kit in a week or two (it's in the mail, I just gotta wait for it), so I can do drums after it gets here. After that, I'm up for helping out with any other covers that need drums....and in the meantime, I can do guitar and bass, or vocals (if you like my voice....it's kind of squeaky, for some reason). I also *happen* to know every single song off of RAFRAG in its entirety on guitar and bass, so if there's a part you need me to play, by all means, hit me up :)

Seriously. This is like, the most influential album in my entire collection. I can't explain how much I love it!

EDIT: Here's the revised version of Kristy, with smoothed-out vocals and added guitar harmonies:

http://rapidshare.com/files/141704913/Kristy__Are_You_Doing_Okay_2.0.mp3.html

This is the version I'd like to contribute to any comp we might do :)

Free?
09-01-2008, 03:56 AM
Hell yeah, sounds like an awesome idea. I wouldn't want to inflict my "singing" or guitar "playing" on anyone though, so if a drummer is needed, let me know.

Wasn't finding a drummer the greatest problem for all of you, cover makers? Keep becca in mind!

Is it ok if the cover is a collaboration? Cause you could use our cover of Hammerhead (as in Me, lost_nvrfound, static martyr, and now, possibly a drummer! And Disclaimer did editing so far, so I would recommend him)

It should be done within like 2 or 3 days if we've got a drummer.

Collaborations would be even better than a cover made solo by someone! That's like another thing I wanted to see here - people working together to make something their best, that would be kinda new internetz experience which you should like ;) .

Hey, I said it'd be kinda cool. By all means go ahead and prove me wrong, make it work.

Exactly what he said!

It could happen... We'd need to steal the covers that have been done already though.

Yeah, because pretty many RAFRAG songs were already covered made me think of a complete covers album, so go ahead and offer your existing cover!

...like Tim did. So it seems like Static_Martyr gets Kristy and Ryder's/lost_nvrfound's started duet gets Hammerhead.

It's not restricted for a person to work on several covers, so don't afraid to ask each other about help, it would be just more interesting if the album would be made by many, not few.

10 more songs left (if someone wants to cover O.C. Life, it would be welcome of course).

FellDrake
09-01-2008, 05:15 AM
Well, I'll take on Half Truism then. Maybe even with vocals, but that will be a tough one :D

disclaimer_07
09-01-2008, 05:16 AM
Alright! I'm in if I can do Kristy. That's my favorite track, and I absolutely *must* be allowed to claim it! I've already recorded it, and it can be heard in my band topic, message #26:

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33680

And I'll be getting an electric drum kit in a week or two (it's in the mail, I just gotta wait for it), so I can do drums after it gets here. After that, I'm up for helping out with any other covers that need drums....and in the meantime, I can do guitar and bass, or vocals (if you like my voice....it's kind of squeaky, for some reason). I also *happen* to know every single song off of RAFRAG in its entirety on guitar and bass, so if there's a part you need me to play, by all means, hit me up :)

Seriously. This is like, the most influential album in my entire collection. I can't explain how much I love it!

EDIT: Here's the revised version of Kristy, with smoothed-out vocals and added guitar harmonies:

This is the version I'd like to contribute to any comp we might do :)

The louder parts are clipped... Were you trying to make it very loud?

Ryder1234
09-01-2008, 11:03 AM
So it seems like Static_Martyr gets Kristy and Ryder's/lost_nvrfound's started duet gets Hammerhead.

Lol, Static did the bass for ours. And as I said before, give all your stuff to Disclaimer_07 for static reduction and remastering if you can't do it yourself.

(Disclaimer you've got a lot coming :D)

drummerbecca
09-01-2008, 11:22 AM
This is a great cover. Good job :)

I guess Static will a have a kit to record any drums before I will so there's no point holding up anyone to wait for me to be able to record stuff. I want dibs on doing the drums for Half-Truism though :p

Static_Martyr
09-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Well, I'll take on Half Truism then. Maybe even with vocals, but that will be a tough one

I can do the vox for Half-Truism! I can't promise they'll be stellar, but I mean, I can hit the notes, if that's the problem (which it seems to be, for most). If not, then....well, I'd get someone else who's better.

The louder parts are clipped... Were you trying to make it very loud?

I admit I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Is that bad? Do you mean clipped as in, they're overloaded? If so, I was actually trying to make it less loud; I've been having problems getting the vocals to not overload and drown out the rest of the mix (this mic is SO VERY sensitive), so I had to cut down the higher parts, and the result is a slightly different sound for the high parts. My voice works so that the higher the note, the louder I have to be to hit it, and although Kristy isn't the highest song on the album (A Lot Like Me, I'm looking at you 0_0), it's still high. I have to back off the mic to do the louder parts, but if I stand far away enough to avoid clipping the top of the high parts, I lose the lows in my voice, so all you get is this warbling squealing noise. So this is the best I know how to do at the moment; if you have any advice, though, I'd totally be open :)

I guess Static will a have a kit to record any drums before I will so there's no point holding up anyone to wait for me to be able to record stuff. I want dibs on doing the drums for Half-Truism though

I won't have it for another week or two at least, and on top of that I have to re-learn it when it does get here (I haven't touched a drum kit in about 2 years). So I'll probably be a couple of weeks before I'm fully ready, although I might be able to do some simple slow stuff like Nothingtown or A Lot Like Me the day I get the kit. So no hurries :)

This is a great cover. Good job

Homer
09-01-2008, 06:22 PM
I'll do an acoustic version of Half-Truism. Or, if we're going by the basis of 'first come, first serve', then I'll take... hmm... Trust In You or You're Gonna Go Far, Kid.

Static_Martyr
09-01-2008, 06:31 PM
I know I've already done like 8 million songs off this album, but here's a no-vocals version of The O.C. Life. I noticed that nobody seems to have touched this one yet, so I prepared an instrumental backing track for anyone who's interested:

http://rapidshare.com/files/141937015/The_O.C._Life__instrumental_.mp3.html

If you're like me and got the American release of RAFRAG, and you didn't get OC Life with it, here's where you can download it:

http://offspring.ipshit.com/index.php?dir=audio/

And here are the lyrics, in case you have the song but don't know the words. Note, this is an approximation I got from a website, so I don't know if it's 100% correct:

So I wanna be a member and I wanna be a name
And I Wanna be a local face and play the social game
Dancing through a time warp in your dinosaur trends
The limit of your mind is what they're counting on all ends
Listen to the media present it as a fact
Fall in your orders 'cause you don't know how to act
Travel on estranged 'cause you don't know your own way
They'll get you in the end then you'll pay
'cause O.C. life is not the life for me
Stupid little chicks and, egotistic boys
O.C. life is not the life so free
Pressures on my back
and artificial joys . . . for you girls and boys
Wanna be a member, wanna have some fame
Fighting to stay ahead a part of the game
Combat authority but don't get out of line
Or they'll put you in the slammer you'll be doing some time
714 tattooed on my head
I find myself labeled that I'm a victim instead
I fight all the rules I don't see the way
I'd rather be dead then pay the price that they say
'cause O.C. life is not the life for me
Stupid little girls And egotistic boys
O.C. life is not the life for free
Pressures on my back
and artificial joys . . . for you girls and boys

lost_nvrfound
09-01-2008, 09:15 PM
hey thanks for that Tim! I'll do the vocals on whatever people want me to do them on. I'll try to do oc life tomorrow if i get a chance!

I really want to do A Lot Like Me. Its my favorite on the album. But I'd like to do it like a duet because he sings an octave down in the first half of the verses.

EDIT: Wouldn't it be SOOOO cool if we could get this into the hands of the offspring when it is complete?? Like, make album artwork and what not, and then burn it and give it to them? Of course, there would be a need to include all of the names (both user and real life) of the members involved and credit them with what they did. THAT WOULD BE SOOO COOL!!

Ryder1234
09-01-2008, 09:21 PM
i can do those low parts. but i just plain dont have a good voice. i'll attempt it at some point however

also, if we could get this to them that would be awesome. maybe theyd invite us to go meet them lol :D

Static_Martyr
09-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Hey, hey, hey I got an idea!!!

We can do three part harmonies, like Bad Religion :) I can do high or low, but here's how we can do it:

Person 1 - Low vox during the verses, harmony vox during the chorus*
Person 2 - High vox during the verses, lead during the chorus*
Person 3 - "And no wonder hearts and minds have been won," and all the little extra ones that are in there that two people can't get without some serious overdubs

Although, it's mostly just an idea. I'd be cool with just you guys doing vox (I could use a day to relax my voice, anyway 0_0).

EDIT: Wouldn't it be SOOOO cool if we could get this into the hands of the offspring when it is complete?? Like, make album artwork and what not, and then burn it and give it to them? Of course, there would be a need to include all of the names (both user and real life) of the members involved and credit them with what they did. THAT WOULD BE SOOO COOL!!

Tribute album FTW!!!

BTW, I can probably do the piano part for A Lot Like me if you guys wanna do that. God knows the drums would be hella easier....I'm *still* working on hammerhead (although I only have the fills left to do....but damn, it's taking longer than I thought). So I mean, if you guys need drums for ALLM, I can totally do them. It'll have to wait until tomorrow, though.

lost_nvrfound
09-01-2008, 10:08 PM
OMG! I'M REALLY EXCITED! I LOVE THIS SONG SOOOO MUCH! I like the three part idea too.

EDIT: DO BOTH TIM!

EDIT: I mean all three!

Ryder1234
09-01-2008, 11:03 PM
I just attempted to record some of the things in the song (to give an idea of my recorded voice). I wont be uploading it, since its late here and I couldn't really sing very loud, but I hope I can pull it off, I sound funny doing it.

Static_Martyr
09-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Alright....it is 12:49 in the morning here as I type this. I've been working on Hammerhead (drums and bass) since 6:15 this afternoon.

....but I'M DONE!!!

God, I've never felt so relieved in my life. That was the most frustrating effort I've ever made in recording; Cool Edit started dumping my tracks out of the mix for no apparent reason halfway through, so I almost had to start over. But I persevered, and the result will be posted here within the hour. I have to upload it to Rapidshare first.

Wish me luck~

P.S. When you say "all three," I assume you're talking about drums for A Lot Like Me and Hammerhead....but unless the third thing you mean is bass for Hammerhead, I have to say I'm just a teeny bit confused....0_0 I'll be working on ALLM tomorrow (I have to get it done tomorrow because Wednesday is band fuckaroo day), and it's HELLA easier than Hammerhead (I can tell that just by listening to it), so that one shouldn't take long. The piano part is one of the few piano parts in any song that I can actually play (:D) so that shouldn't take me long, either.

So yeah, I'll be off doing that.

EDIT: Here's the stuff I made for Hammerhead:

Bass: http://rapidshare.com/files/141972385/Hammerhead__bass_.mp3.html
Drums: http://rapidshare.com/files/141973356/Hammerhead__drums_.mp3.html

I had to save them in mp3 format because the wavs were 30+ MB apiece, and I have a 200MB/day cap for uploading/downloading stuff here. Sorry for the inconvenience -_-

Ryder1234
09-02-2008, 12:37 AM
oh how i wish I wasnt on my psp so I could download these. maybe ill wake up early tomorrow and listen before school.

lost_nvrfound
09-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Of course, when all the album is done, we will put all the songs together into "RAFRAG made by us" :).

You might want to think about your "band's name" if a cover is made by few members, also we could think of a cool name for the whole album (Like "Various Artists - RAFRAG" only much cooler ;) ).

haha! I know this seems really stupid but i thought it really obvious that we should call ourselves "The Forums". That'd be a totally badass name for a band outside of the context, so why not?

Rooster
09-02-2008, 09:08 AM
This is a great idea.

Maybe i could help with some guitar parts, i really want to. I've got Cool Edit, so it won't be a problem to record. Then i can send it to someone, who would put all the parts (drums, bass, guitars, vocals) together.

edit: i have an idea for A Lot Like Me - the piano part would be played by guitar, so the cover version of the song would be a bit different. I might record it later today, if you are interested.

edit: here it is: http://rapidshare.com/files/142112561/a_lot_like_me_guitar_part_by_raptor88.mp3.html
It sounds a bit "grungier" :D

lost_nvrfound
09-02-2008, 12:52 PM
I don't know, I really kind of like the softness that the piano gives it. It sounds good though.

Either way, we need the drum track before embarking on this new song project.

Rooster
09-02-2008, 01:00 PM
I don't know, I really kind of like the softness that the piano gives it. It sounds good though.

Either way, we need the drum track before embarking on this new song project.

Yeah, but i don't have a piano, and our version could be a bit different than the original one, what do you think? I mean, no cover song i heard is the exact copy of the original song.

And the drum part is absolutely needed.

lost_nvrfound
09-02-2008, 01:14 PM
static was gonna record the piano part. And we aren't doing the song exactly like the original, we're making it a duet/possible trio...

Ryder1234
09-02-2008, 01:16 PM
static was gonna record the piano part. And we aren't doing the song exactly like the original, we're making it a duet/possible trio...

im gonna try the vocals at some point today. low vocals, the "and no wonder/and i wonder" part. possibly ill even do a low vocal for the "and the rain comes..." part, even though theres only dexter singing that part in the real song. oh, and the back vocals in the chorus

Ryder1234
09-02-2008, 01:18 PM
also, we should do one of these for any band we want. i wanna do "give it all" by Rise Against. although there may not be very many people who will be able to pull of those vocals :p.

Rooster
09-02-2008, 01:35 PM

Oh, well... Use it if you want or not, it's your call.

Now here's where the problem comes up: there are so many musicians on this forum, and everyone will want to take a part in making this "cover RAFRAG" (including myself), which is not possible... Unless we make a few different versions of RAFRAG cover CD.

drummerbecca
09-02-2008, 01:53 PM
I've just had another thought. If there are several people working on one cover, won't we all have to be using the same recording software? What are the chances that we actually will be? :confused:

disclaimer_07
09-02-2008, 01:55 PM
I've just had another thought. If there are several people working on one cover, won't we all have to be using the same recording software? What are the chances that we actually will be? :confused:

I think it's not that important :P What really matters is hardware, not software ;D

Rooster
09-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Allright, i need some people to work with me on this. We'll cover as many songs as possible, we can make another version of RAFRAG cover CD (since there is too much users who play instruments on BBS i think there will be more versions of the same song than needed, and therefore more versions of the CD could be made). Let me know if you are interested.

You can downoad my guitar part for A Lot Like Me here: http://rapidshare.com/files/142112561/a_lot_like_me_guitar_part_by_raptor88.mp3.html I didn't record the second guitar yet, maybe i'll do it later, or someone else can.

Ryder1234
09-02-2008, 02:38 PM
So I just did the vocals for ALLM, and will upload soon. The main vox was very quiet so I had to increase the volume, also increasing static. Disclaimer I hop you'll be able to do something about it. I also did the backing vox in the chorus. I made two versions: the original and one with reverb. I think it sounds cool.

Rooster
09-02-2008, 03:22 PM
So I just did the vocals for ALLM, and will upload soon. The main vox was very quiet so I had to increase the volume, also increasing static. Disclaimer I hop you'll be able to do something about it. I also did the backing vox in the chorus. I made two versions: the original and one with reverb. I think it sounds cool.

Cool. Did you use my guitar part, or someone else's? If you didn't use mine, i'll try to do something with it myself, i just need the mic...:D

Free?
09-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Nice to see you guys workin :).

1. Half-Truism - FellDrake
2. Trust In You
3. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
4. Hammerhead - ryder&friends
5. A Lot Like Me - lost_nvrfound&friends
6. Takes Me Nowhere
7. Kristy, Are You Doing Okay? - Static_Martyr
8. Nothingtown
9. Stuff Is Messed Up
10. Fix You
11. Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom
12. Rise And Fall
13. O.C. Life

Homer, please approve your choice!

So, 9 songs to go!

Ryder1234
09-02-2008, 04:16 PM
I'm gonna do the Stuff is Messed Up guitar when I get a new battery.

Cool. Did you use my guitar part, or someone else's? If you didn't use mine, i'll try to do something with it myself, i just need the mic...:D

Nah I just sang along to the real song. I don't do the mixing either.

Rooster
09-02-2008, 04:17 PM

2. Trust In You
6. Takes Me Nowhere
8. Nothingtown
9. Stuff Is Messed Up
10. Fix You
12. Rise And Fall
13. O.C. Life

So, 9 songs to go!

I can take Trust In You, Takes Me Nowhere, Nothingtown and maybe Rise and Fall. I'll try to record guitar parts for all of the songs (except from O.C. life) anyway, but i take those 3 songs and maybe Rise and Fall also.

edit: and i take You're Gonna Go Far, Kid :D

Ryder1234
09-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Oh yeah I can also do the O.C. Life guitar part.

Rooster
09-02-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm gonna do the Stuff is Messed Up guitar when I get a new battery.

Nah I just sang along to the real song. I don't do the mixing either.

Hehe. Cool anyway :D

Ryder1234
09-02-2008, 04:23 PM
I messed up the first line though. I sang "How do..." instead of "How does...", and my voice went too high. Just by a bit though.

Free?
09-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Raptor, pick one song to begin with :). Let's give more people chance to do some covers, I think there will be more of them.

I'm sure that for such enthusiasts like you, ryder, raptor, tim and lost covering whole offspring discography would be a matter of few days :D

lost_nvrfound
09-02-2008, 04:34 PM
well i say, kevin, go back and fix it. geeze! Actually don't be working on A lot like me until we have the drums and piano parts. Raptor you go ahead and do the guitar parts for it. I'd however like to keep the piano, because that makes up a lot of why i wanted to do that song.

And Static asked me to do the vocals for OC Life, which I will try to do tomorrow morning when my roommate is in class.

lost_nvrfound
09-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Raptor, pick one song to begin with :). Let's give more people chance to do some covers, I think there will be more of them.

I'm sure that for such enthusiasts like you, ryder, raptor, tim and lost covering whole offspring discography would be a matter of few days :D

hahaha! aint that the truth!

Ryder1234
09-02-2008, 04:38 PM
well i say, kevin, go back and fix it. geeze! Actually don't be working on A lot like me until we have the drums and piano parts. Raptor you go ahead and do the guitar parts for it. I'd however like to keep the piano, because that makes up a lot of why i wanted to do that song.

And Static asked me to do the vocals for OC Life, which I will try to do tomorrow morning when my roommate is in class.

haha ok. I'll be doing the guitar part for OC life and SIMU in the next week or so, when I get time to get a battery.

Rooster
09-02-2008, 04:47 PM

Well, i'll begin with Takes Me Nowhere, and the we'll see. I'd begin with Trust In You, but it's just too easy to play, and it's not a challenge :D. I've never played Takes Me Nowhere before, so i'm gonna do that one. Then I'll do Trust In You, so those 2 are mine.

And you can use your own A Lot Like Me version for the CD, but i'm gonna do mine anyway, i like that song so much... But I can record guitar parts for the version with piano that you can use, no problem. And since i'm doing parts for 3 songs, i'm probably done, unless you'll need me to record parts for other songs, if there would be no one else (which i doubt :D)

Hey, since there are so many of us who want to be a part of this, maybe it would not be a bad idea to limit the number of songs that each user can do (or colaborate with others).

lost_nvrfound
09-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Well, i'll begin with Takes Me Nowhere, and the we'll see. I'd begin with Trust In You, but it's just too easy to play, and it's not a challenge :D. I've never played Takes Me Nowhere before, so i'm gonna do that one. Then I'll do Trust In You, so those 2 are mine.

And you can use your own A Lot Like Me version for the CD, but i'm gonna do mine anyway, i like that song so much... But I can record guitar parts for the version with piano that you can use, no problem. And since i'm doing parts for 3 songs, i'm probably done, unless you'll need me to record parts for other songs, if there would be no one else (which i doubt :D)

Hey, since there are so many of us who want to be a part of this, maybe it would not be a bad idea to limit the number of songs that each user can do (or colaborate with others).

Thats cool, I think I'm done claiming songs, but I'd be happy to help by doing main or backing vocals for anyone who asks. I just wanted to claim A Lot Like Me. Hammerhead I think is mostly Kevin's project. Though static disclaimer and i have put a lot of time into it. There shouldn't be too many people involved though, it could get confusing.

I think that everyone should really only claim one song to have total control over. Hammerhead shouldn't be included though because that one has gotten a lot of effort from many people. But there shouldn't be a limit to the number you can help with.

A Lot Like Me is mine. I'm getting many a hand involved in it to give it a different feel (multiple singing parts and what not), but I'm giving myself final say in how it goes.

Thats how it should be. Everyone who wants to help on any song can do so. No one ever said there was a limit on how many guitar parts (or other parts) there can be in a song. Lets get creative people!

lost_nvrfound
09-02-2008, 05:05 PM
haha ok. I'll be doing the guitar part for OC life and SIMU in the next week or so, when I get time to get a battery.

Oh, and I believe Static has finished an instrumental version of OC life already.

Ryder1234
09-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Hammerhead I think is mostly Kevin's project. Though static disclaimer and i have put a lot of time into it.

More like disclaimer's, he's done basically everything that isn't involved with an instrument.

Though, on the topic of Hammerhead, I just realized I never uploaded the fixed guitar + bass track. Wait a bit.

Ryder1234
09-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Oh, and I believe Static has finished an instrumental version of OC life already.

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

lost_nvrfound
09-02-2008, 05:09 PM
More like disclaimer's, he's done basically everything that isn't involved with an instrument.

Though, on the topic of Hammerhead, I just realized I never uploaded the fixed guitar + bass track. Wait a bit.

true dat. Well, later i said that that song was really a collaborative effort on everyone's part. Disclaimer has actually made it sound halfway decent though. If it weren't for him, it'd very likely be painful.

lost_nvrfound
09-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about that.

I'm working on getting the vocal rhythms down for him cause he asked me to help with that one.

I can see the album cover now...

Rise and Fall Rage And Grace Covered By Us:

The Forum

i'm rather fixated on that name

Ryder1234
09-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah.

We should really put together Statics bass and drum parts, my fixed guitar and your final vocals together. I dont know why we haven't yet

EDIT:

Rise and Fall Rage And Grace Covered By Us:

The Forum

you forgot to center it lol

Rooster
09-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Thats cool, I think I'm done claiming songs, but I'd be happy to help by doing main or backing vocals for anyone who asks. I just wanted to claim A Lot Like Me. Hammerhead I think is mostly Kevin's project. Though static disclaimer and i have put a lot of time into it. There shouldn't be too many people involved though, it could get confusing.

I think that everyone should really only claim one song to have total control over. Hammerhead shouldn't be included though because that one has gotten a lot of effort from many people. But there shouldn't be a limit to the number you can help with.

A Lot Like Me is mine. I'm getting many a hand involved in it to give it a different feel (multiple singing parts and what not), but I'm giving myself final say in how it goes.

Thats how it should be. Everyone who wants to help on any song can do so. No one ever said there was a limit on how many guitar parts (or other parts) there can be in a song. Lets get creative people!

No problem :) I'll take controll over Takes Me Nowhere and Trust In you (well, i'll record only guitar parts and possibly vocals for them), i can help (like second guitars if needed) for others. I chose 2 songs, because i can't really pick up one of those 2. But i could use much help for those two songs from others (bass, drums, possibly backing vocals and second guitar parts)

And i've seen you have some problems with the parts of a song, timing isn't right (i've seen it on Ryder's profile page). I usually play along the song (like i did with A Lot Like Me) - if everyone would record while playing along the song, the problem could be solved (or at least not so bad anymore). Or you are doing this already?

Hey, and when we'll finish the project i can do the artwork. I think that it should be basically the same as the original, only our pictures in the booklet, or maybe different colour scheme also (maybe black/blue)

Ryder1234
09-02-2008, 05:17 PM
In all of the covers we've attempted so far, my guitar part is usually the first thing to surface, and I'm playing along to the song.

lost_nvrfound
09-02-2008, 05:18 PM
No problem :) I'll take controll over Takes Me Nowhere and Trust In you (well, i'll record only guitar parts and possibly vocals for them), i can help (like second guitars if needed) for others. I chose 2 songs, because i can't really pick up one of those 2. But i could use much help for those two songs from others (bass, drums, possibly backing vocals and second guitar parts)

And i've seen you have some problems with the parts of a song, timing isn't right (i've seen it on Ryder's profile page). I usually play along the song (like i did with A Lot Like Me) - if everyone would record while playing along the song, the problem could be solved (or at least not so bad anymore). Or you are doing this already?
How it should be done in reality is that a drum track should be recorded and then people should play to that. That would solve the timing.

Other timing issues have cropped up for other reasons. There is a lot of confusion and such.

Rooster
09-02-2008, 05:20 PM
In all of the covers we've attempted so far, my guitar part is usually the first thing to surface, and I'm playing along to the song.

Oh. Well, the timing could be a bitch. I recorded one of my own songs, first i played one guitar part, and then i played the second part along with listening to the first part. And i failed epicaly :mad:

Rooster
09-02-2008, 05:24 PM
How it should be done in reality is that a drum track should be recorded and then people should play to that. That would solve the timing.

Other timing issues have cropped up for other reasons. There is a lot of confusion and such.

Yeah, that would solve it. But where to get the drum part?

Anyway, when i play along a song i focus on the drum part of the song (maybe you should not play/sing along the instrument part that other user recorded, but along the original (The Offspring) song), and if i play my recorded guitar part along the song later it fits perfectly.

Rooster
09-02-2008, 05:30 PM

2. Trust In You - Raptor88, need help from others
6. Takes Me Nowhere - Raptor88, need help from others
8. Nothingtown
9. Stuff Is Messed Up - Ryder 1234
10. Fix You
12. Rise And Fall
13. O.C. Life - Static and lost_nvrfound

So, 5 songs to go!

I just thought we should update how much songs are taken

Ryder1234
09-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Put me in for SIMU.

lost_nvrfound
09-02-2008, 05:35 PM
I just thought we should update how much songs are taken

Static and I have O.C. Life too, since he already did the work to record it and all.

Rooster
09-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Static and I have O.C. Life too, since he already did the work to record it and all.

OK, thanks for notifying me. I'll update again.

And, by the way, what do you think about this colour scheme for artwork? Since it will be a cover album i thought it would be appropriate to change something more than just the text, but not too much.

http://www.offspring.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=105&pictureid=937

lost_nvrfound
09-02-2008, 05:54 PM
I'd do a little of a redesign on the artwork, because we don't want to risk getting in trouble over copyright infringement over the image

Ryder1234
09-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Be sure to change "The Offspring" to "The Forums"! :p

Rooster
09-02-2008, 06:00 PM
I'd do a little of a redesign on the artwork, because we don't want to risk getting in trouble over copyright infringement over the image

Yeah, you're right. But probably not too much either, it should be something alike the original one.

And what do you think about black/blue colour scheme? Or should we leave it in black/red?

And for the booklet i have an idea: we would not need to put the lyrics in (or would we), just the name of the song, and then some picture fo a user(s) who was "in charge" over that song or something like that... My picture would be my profile picture on my user profile page :D

edit: and for the redesigning of the artwork - THE CHAINS THAT TIE THE ANGEL MUST BE BROKEN (if you're gonna leave them there):D

Rooster
09-02-2008, 06:10 PM
And, just curious...

...What would be the first single :D?

lost_nvrfound
09-02-2008, 06:51 PM
And, just curious...

...What would be the first single :D?

we'll decide that when we get to it...

*cough*

Static_Martyr
09-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Alright, here's the stuff for A Lot Like Me (as promised~):

BASS: http://rapidshare.com/files/142191414/A_Lot_Like_Me__bass__MP3.mp3.html

DRUMS: http://rapidshare.com/files/142194198/A_Lot_Like_Me__drums__MP3.mp3.html

PIANO: http://rapidshare.com/files/142195885/A_Lot_Like_Me__piano__MP3.mp3.html

The rest, as they say, is up to you :) It's already pre-synced (if you have a multi-track mixing program, just stick 'em all in together at the same starting point and they should automatically be synced up). I was gonna do a fadeout on the end, but I wanted to wait until all the parts were recorded so we could fade 'em all at once, instead of fading each part as it's recorded (that just sounds sloppy). So yeah, enjoy~

So....ah, I've been out of it for a day or two. What's the deal with Hammerhead? Are we doing that one? I wanna hear it when you're done, if you guys are indeed planning on going through with it.

lost_nvrfound
09-02-2008, 07:54 PM

The rest, as they say, is up to you :) It's already pre-synced (if you have a multi-track mixing program, just stick 'em all in together at the same starting point and they should automatically be synced up). I was gonna do a fadeout on the end, but I wanted to wait until all the parts were recorded so we could fade 'em all at once, instead of fading each part as it's recorded (that just sounds sloppy). So yeah, enjoy~

So....ah, I've been out of it for a day or two. What's the deal with Hammerhead? Are we doing that one? I wanna hear it when you're done, if you guys are indeed planning on going through with it.
HEY THANKS!

We are still working on hammerhead. Status for it is unknown though. To use the drums, Ryder and I need to rerecord our bits to match up. He has a dead battery, but I will work on vox when i get a chance. There is a lot of recording I seem to need to get around to.

Ryder1234
09-02-2008, 07:59 PM
HEY THANKS!

We are still working on hammerhead. Status for it is unknown though. To use the drums, Ryder and I need to rerecord our bits to match up. He has a dead battery, but I will work on vox when i get a chance. There is a lot of recording I seem to need to get around to.

I can try to dial in a dist setting on my amp and use it. I'll do it in a bit and you guys can judge the tone.

lost_nvrfound
09-02-2008, 08:39 PM
dammit! Rapidshare isn't won't pull up!

Ryder1234
09-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Whaaaaa? :confused:

lost_nvrfound
09-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Whaaaaa? :confused:

*isnt working

or

*won't pull up

EDIT: now its working, but very slowly...

Ryder1234
09-02-2008, 09:00 PM
ah ok. lol

lost_nvrfound
09-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Raptor and Ryder, here is the basic mix of piano, drums, and bass for A Lot Like Me so you can record with this one.

Ryder1234
09-02-2008, 09:17 PM
I don't see shit :p.

lost_nvrfound
09-02-2008, 09:18 PM
sorry... i forgot the link.

http://savefile.com/files/1765574

Ryder1234
09-02-2008, 09:22 PM
ok cool.

(lol, i was downloading some files i need for recording, and all the sudden from the living room, I hear YGGF,K on tv. my parents were watching 90210 haha. :D)

lost_nvrfound
09-02-2008, 09:44 PM
ok cool.

(lol, i was downloading some files i need for recording, and all the sudden from the living room, I hear YGGF,K on tv. my parents were watching 90210 haha. :D)

hahaha! I still can't believe they are remaking that show...

EDIT: I wanna take part in YGGFK, to whoever is gonna head up that one

Ryder1234
09-02-2008, 10:05 PM
I fucking give up. I can't get the fucking intro right, and the distortion didn't work out. So no one is getting anything till I get a new fucking battery. :mad:

lost_nvrfound
09-02-2008, 10:13 PM
I fucking give up. I can't get the fucking intro right, and the distortion didn't work out. So no one is getting anything till I get a new fucking battery. :mad:

its okay. Everything will be alright. We can wait. Its not like there is a real big rush or anything...

Ryder1234
09-02-2008, 10:14 PM
I know, but I'm super frustrated right now.

disclaimer_07
09-03-2008, 02:04 AM
LoL, I just got totally confused ;D Somebody help me out?

For now, I'm going to remaster Karin's vocals for Hammerhead and mix them with the backing vocals. Yeah, I think it's a good idea ;P

Rooster
09-03-2008, 02:35 AM
Raptor and Ryder, here is the basic mix of piano, drums, and bass for A Lot Like Me so you can record with this one.

I think i'm gonna let Ryder do this one, since i'm already working on 2 songs (i mean, after all we need to let more people do something for the project). Unless you'll need me to record that also (due to Ryder's problem with his guitar), but you've said there's no need to rush.

Rooster
09-03-2008, 02:41 AM

Hey, Static, i know you are busy, but if you have some time, i would really appreciate if you could record drum part for Takes Me Nowhere and Trust In You, and upload them. I'm planning to do guitar parts (at least for the first, lead guitars) and possibly vocals also. Let me know.

edit: and i hope you don't mind if i use the bass and drums parts you've done for my version of A Lot Like Me (i'll do one just for myself, and i will play the same melody as the piano with a guitar, so it will be a bit different version :D)

disclaimer_07
09-03-2008, 04:24 AM
Where the heck is the drum track for Hammerhead?

Static_Martyr
09-03-2008, 05:24 AM
*isnt working

or

*won't pull up

Yeah, it was doing that to me. I kept having to reset the upload; maybe it was just down?

Hey, Static, i know you are busy, but if you have some time, i would really appreciate if you could record drum part for Takes Me Nowhere and Trust In You, and upload them. I'm planning to do guitar parts (at least for the first, lead guitars) and possibly vocals also. Let me know.

I'll try to get on it sometime in the next two days. Band practice is today (we're putting the finishing touches on our EP, and jamming some), so I won't have a full day to dedicate to it (which I WILL need) until at least Thursday. But I can probably have 'em to you by Monday, for sure. Is that cool?

I might have it sooner, but I don't want to disappoint, so let's say Monday just to be safe.

<i>edit: and i hope you don't mind if i use the bass and drums parts you've done for my version of A Lot Like Me (i'll do one just for myself, and i will play the same melody as the piano with a guitar, so it will be a bit different version )</i>

Oh, no problems :) I'd love it if there were some different versions.

<i>Where the heck is the drum track for Hammerhead?</i>

Bass and drums for hammerhead:

Rooster
09-03-2008, 05:45 AM
I'll try to get on it sometime in the next two days. Band practice is today (we're putting the finishing touches on our EP, and jamming some), so I won't have a full day to dedicate to it (which I WILL need) until at least Thursday. But I can probably have 'em to you by Monday, for sure. Is that cool?

I might have it sooner, but I don't want to disappoint, so let's say Monday just to be safe.

That's great. Take your time, there's no need to hurry. I've got some studying to do anyway, so the recording can wait a bit. Thanks for helping me :)

And ywah, i like a bit different versions, too, but mine won't be used for the CD, because you've been working on that version... Unless we could make it as a hidden bonus track or something. You can download the guitar part i made for that version if you are interested (just one guitar though, i played along the original song), the link is somewhere on the previous pages

disclaimer_07
09-03-2008, 05:50 AM
*isnt working

or

*won't pull up

Yeah, it was doing that to me. I kept having to reset the upload; maybe it was just down?

<i>edit: and i hope you don't mind if i use the bass and drums parts you've done for my version of A Lot Like Me (i'll do one just for myself, and i will play the same melody as the piano with a guitar, so it will be a bit different version )</i>

<i>Where the heck is the drum track for Hammerhead?</i>

Bass and drums for hammerhead:

Thanks man! But what's that background noise appearing in the drum track from time to time? lol

Static_Martyr
09-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Thanks man! But what's that background noise appearing in the drum track from time to time? lol

On HH or ALLM? I can't tell; either way, it's probably a result of my cheap-ass mixer. Is there anything you can do to fix it? I'm not really sure what would be causing it at this point, but if you have any suggestions of course I'd be open.

That's great. Take your time, there's no need to hurry. I've got some studying to do anyway, so the recording can wait a bit. Thanks for helping me

Well, good news for you because I thought it was later in the week than it was. I should have it by the weekend, Saturday or Sunday at the latest :)

Rooster
09-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Well, good news for you because I thought it was later in the week than it was. I should have it by the weekend, Saturday or Sunday at the latest :)

That's excellent! This RAFRAG cover album is slowly coming to life. We might actually pull this thing off. I'm getting more and more excited :)

lost_nvrfound
09-03-2008, 03:17 PM
That's excellent! This RAFRAG cover album is slowly coming to life. We might actually pull this thing off. I'm getting more and more excited :)

I know right!! Hammerhead is really starting to sound amazing!! Theres a link for a download in the messages on my profile.

Tim, when you get your electric kit in let us know, the drum track you made sounds good, but I really like how the original guitar track and bass track sound.

Ryder1234
09-03-2008, 04:41 PM
oh man i want to record right now...

Static_Martyr
09-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Tim, when you get your electric kit in let us know, the drum track you made sounds good, but I really like how the original guitar track and bass track sound.

I like the original guitar track a lot (the tone is so precise, it makes me jealous -_-), but I don't like the first bass line. There was a mess-up during the first bass interlude that threw me off. I managed to fix that in the second run. Whatevah, though; it's really you guys' track, anyway.

Oh, and my kit is in the mail :) It shipped today, or so my email tells me. I should have it before too long.

lost_nvrfound
09-03-2008, 05:52 PM

I like the original guitar track a lot (the tone is so precise, it makes me jealous -_-), but I don't like the first bass line. There was a mess-up during the first bass interlude that threw me off. I managed to fix that in the second run. Whatevah, though; it's really you guys' track, anyway.

Oh, and my kit is in the mail :) It shipped today, or so my email tells me. I should have it before too long.

YAY! darn... I still haven't been able to do vocals for ALLM. Actually I think I need to wait on Kevin to do the low parts first.

EDIT: Tim, the oc life lyrics you posted are for the original song. The offspring's version goes more like

ight all their rules, I don't see a better way
guess you're really in before you know you'll have a say

this o.c. life is not the life for me
insulated world, riot out your thoughts
o.c. life is not the life so free
pressure is for real, with artificial joys
... for you girls and boys

check you out
you're all [...] fiend

but the parts where there are (...) I can't figure out the lyrics so i need help

Static_Martyr
09-03-2008, 08:27 PM
I've listened to OC Life about 100 times (argh), and here's what I've been able to come up with:

Wanna be a member, wannabe a name
Wanna be a local face that plays the social games
Dancing through a time will bring you dinosaur trends
The limits of your mind is where the county line ends
Listen to the media present it all as fact
Following the lead cause you don't know how to act
Travel in a straight line cause you don't know your own way
They'll get you in the end before you know you'll have a say

This o.c. life is not the life for me
Insulated world, trade your happy thoughts
Pressure is for real with artificial joys
For you girls and boys

Wannabe remembered, wanna have some fame
Fighting to stay ahead is a part of the game
ATM and Starbucks (on) every corner are the norm
Environment so sterile, it'll get you to conform
714, wear it like a brand
Contaminated future has a biohazard ???
Fighting all their rules, I don't see a better way
Guess you're really in before you know you'll have a say

This O.C. life is not the life for me
Insulated world, riot out your thoughts
Pressure is for real, with artificial joys
For you girls and boys

Check you out, you're all on the TV!

I'm 99% sure about the rest of this. The only part I'm stumped on is the part after "contaminated future." My brain wants to hear the word "biohazard" in there somewhere (it fits with the idea of contamination), but I can't tell what he says right before and after that. I wanted to say "has a biohazard sign," but it sounds more like he says "sand" than sign, and that doesn't make sense. It probably rhymes with "brand", and I'm 99% sure that the word biohazard is in there....but after that, I'm lost. Worst case scenario, you can either ad-lib something or just fake it (hah), right?

lost_nvrfound
09-03-2008, 08:50 PM
I've listened to OC Life about 100 times (argh), and here's what I've been able to come up with:

Wanna be a member, wannabe a name
Wanna be a local face that plays the social games
Dancing through a time will bring you dinosaur trends
The limits of your mind is where the county line ends
Listen to the media present it all as fact
Following the lead cause you don't know how to act
Travel in a straight line cause you don't know your own way
They'll get you in the end before you know you'll have a say

This o.c. life is not the life for me
Insulated world, trade your happy thoughts
Pressure is for real with artificial joys
For you girls and boys

Wannabe remembered, wanna have some fame
Fighting to stay ahead is a part of the game
ATM and Starbucks (on) every corner are the norm
Environment so sterile, it'll get you to conform
714, wear it like a brand
Contaminated future has a biohazard ???
Fighting all their rules, I don't see a better way
Guess you're really in before you know you'll have a say

This O.C. life is not the life for me
Insulated world, riot out your thoughts
Pressure is for real, with artificial joys
For you girls and boys

Check you out, you're all on the TV!

I'm 99% sure about the rest of this. The only part I'm stumped on is the part after "contaminated future." My brain wants to hear the word "biohazard" in there somewhere (it fits with the idea of contamination), but I can't tell what he says right before and after that. I wanted to say "has a biohazard sign," but it sounds more like he says "sand" than sign, and that doesn't make sense. It probably rhymes with "brand", and I'm 99% sure that the word biohazard is in there....but after that, I'm lost. Worst case scenario, you can either ad-lib something or just fake it (hah), right?
maybe stand? I did for sure hear bio.

and its nothing new for me to fake it. I was recording Genocide for kevin and at the very end there are no lyrics for it, so i said "like a silver plane, like a suicide, like to give me more"... thats what it sounded like he said... so...

Ryder1234
09-03-2008, 11:37 PM
I was recording Genocide for kevin and at the very end there are no lyrics for it, so i said "like a silver plane, like a suicide, like to give me more"... thats what it sounded like he said... so...

It sounded right.

At first I got so surprised when I heard you singing about a guy in DM, but then I thought "She's a girl, so it makes sense" :p

Static_Martyr
09-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Do you have an mp3 or wav (preferably mp3, due to size constraint) of your covers, nvrfound? I don't have the right program to run m4as....

disclaimer_07
09-04-2008, 12:35 AM
Do you have an mp3 or wav (preferably mp3, due to size constraint) of your covers, nvrfound? I don't have the right program to run m4as....

Which cover?

disclaimer_07
09-04-2008, 12:55 AM
On HH or ALLM? I can't tell; either way, it's probably a result of my cheap-ass mixer. Is there anything you can do to fix it? I'm not really sure what would be causing it at this point, but if you have any suggestions of course I'd be open.

On HH, it sounds like a friggin' vacuum cleaner or something :P I didn't want to reduce it too much cause the sound quality ain't very great.... And for some reason I can't synchronize your drums with the rest of the tracks for HH. -_-'

Free?
09-04-2008, 03:30 AM
Hey you sexy people, I have another new born idea for ya :D. What if "Shopping sprees" part in Stuff Is Messed Up will do many voices not one? Something like -- person1 "Shopping Sprees", person2 "RPG's" , person3 "Ecstasy", person4 "Atrophy" and so on. Or maybe twist this idea into something even more interesting.

I think it would be a great thing if covers will sound different from originals at some points.

disclaimer_07
09-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Hey you sexy people, I have another new born idea for ya :D. What if "Shopping sprees" part in Stuff Is Messed Up will do many voices not one? Something like -- person1 "Shopping Sprees", person2 "RPG's" , person3 "Ecstasy", person4 "Atrophy" and so on. Or maybe twist this idea into something even more interesting.

I think it would be a great thing if covers will sound different from originals at some points.

Haha, I like the idea ;D And I guess it's the only situation in which my voice may turn out to be useful ;P

lost_nvrfound
09-04-2008, 08:53 AM

which ones? I can convert some for ya.

Ryder1234
09-04-2008, 09:07 AM
On HH, it sounds like a friggin' vacuum cleaner or something :P I didn't want to reduce it too much cause the sound quality ain't very great.... And for some reason I can't synchronize your drums with the rest of the tracks for HH. -_-'

Did you get his new bass track as well? It should sync up. I have to do a new guitar track, and I dont know whether Karin did new vox yet.

disclaimer_07
09-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Did you get his new bass track as well? It should sync up. I have to do a new guitar track, and I dont know whether Karin did new vox yet.

No, I didn't (huh, or maybe I did?)...... I've been working on her vocals, I think they are new >_<

Man, I'm getting confused, it's hard to keep up with you guys :P

drummerbecca
09-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Man, I'm getting confused, it's hard to keep up with you guys :P

I'm having the same problem. This thread has grown an extra few pages since I last looked!

disclaimer_07
09-04-2008, 09:56 AM
I'm having the same problem. This thread has grown an extra few pages since I last looked!

Hehe, guess we should make a schedule or something ;P Otherwise we're just gonna end up living in chaos, lol ;D

Static_Martyr
09-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Oh, oh....I think I know what it is. See, I had to come in and add the fills after the fact, and so I probably tweaked the sound a little (for completely unrelated reasons) in between (i.e. I did the base drum track without fills, then changed it for some reason or by accident, then went back and did the fills). As a result, the mic was more sensitive when I did the fills, and thus, static in parts.

DAMMIT!

I guess I'm just not as sensitive to things like static and hum as you guys 0_0 I hang around a lot of "hardcore" and "punx" bands in the area (a lot of my friends are either in or trying to start such bands), and we all have pretty shitty equipment, so I've gotten to the point where I pretty much tune it out. So it's really hard for me to spot it unless I'm really paying attention....-_-

Hey you sexy people, I have another new born idea for ya . What if "Shopping sprees" part in Stuff Is Messed Up will do many voices not one? Something like -- person1 "Shopping Sprees", person2 "RPG's" , person3 "Ecstasy", person4 "Atrophy" and so on. Or maybe twist this idea into something even more interesting.

I love the idea, but it would be very difficult to sync that up. If we could do it, though (and if more than 2 or 3 people would like to be involved), I'd be up for it. We could even do different vocal styles for each one, maybe? We would, of course, need a drum track beforehand, to make sure everybody does it on rhythm.

Well, actually....wait, if everybody just said one word, we wouldn't really need to worry about each word being properly synced. We could just get all of them together and have one person put them in the mix at the right places. It's kind of like adding a guitar solo in note-by-note, except it doesn't sound like you added everything note by note (in the case of SIMU, it would sound more like a bunch of people in a room shouting along, if all went according to plan).

which ones? I can convert some for ya.

Defy You and Dirty Magic. I heard someone say you talk about a dude in Dirty Magic, and so I went to listen to it (I like covers with a twist)....but alas, 'twas in m4a format @-@

EDIT: Here is the bass track intended for use with the drum track I made for Hammerhead:

http://rapidshare.com/files/141972385/Hammerhead__bass_.mp3.html

The drums and bass should be *perfectly* (or damn close) synced up for that one. I spared no effort to make it as perfect as possible (minus, of course, the static in parts -_-), and it took me six hours so I absolutely dread the idea of anything being seriously wrong with it (0)~(0)

EDIT AGAIN: I love how my username is kind of taking on a double meaning :) It seems everything I record has some static in it somewhere. Adds some humor to the dereliction of my equipment :D

EDIT AGAIN: Also, I'd like to thank this topic for making me actually really like the song A Lot Like Me. Doing the drums for it has made me appreciate its many tempo changes, and it is now a regular song on my playlist! Yay~

lost_nvrfound
09-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Haha! Yeah it does! I've managed to reduce it in the tracks for A Lot Like Me. The drums are difficult, but I've reduced it as best as I could (I finally actually watched the tutorials on how to use this program so I'm playing)

disclaimer_07
09-04-2008, 02:23 PM
I strongly suggest each song have its own thread. I can't find anything in this mess, lol -_-'

lost_nvrfound
09-04-2008, 03:24 PM
*bounces up and down all ansy and shit* I wanna do nothingtown.... no one has claimed it yet.... but I'm already in a lot of them...

I think that song would be cool as a duet...

Static?

Ryder1234
09-04-2008, 05:03 PM
*bounces up and down all ansy and shit* I wanna do nothingtown.... no one has claimed it yet.... but I'm already in a lot of them...

I think that song would be cool as a duet...

Static?

I'll do the guitar. I already did it a while ago, did I not? Oh yeah it was corrupt or some shit. I should really find out why it's been doing that.

But yeah, I'll do the guitar.

MY TO DO LIST (correct me if I'm wrong)
Guitar for:
Hammerhead
Stuff is Messed Up
Nothingtown

Low Vox for:
ALLM

Ryder1234
09-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Hey, um, we could get real drums for Hammerhead if we want. I PM'd Zee before Static did the drums, and he just answered with yes! Although, that does mean he would do the drums, and we'd all have to restart after (which wouldn't be so bad for me as I haven't even done the new guitar yet). Let me know soon so I can tell him yes or no.

Zee
09-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Here's a little demo how my drums would sound in Hammerhead: https://www.yousendit.com/download/bVlCeVd2YWJreEIzZUE9PQ

What do you think?

Oh, and mine are Yamaha e-drums by the way. :p

Ryder1234
09-04-2008, 06:43 PM
:o Well, it should still be better than a digital drum program. No offense Static.

lost_nvrfound
09-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Any chance you could do them to the recording we already have Zee?

Ryder1234
09-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Any chance you could do them to the recording we already have Zee?

The old one right? Like, the one in your sig? Cause then I wouldn't have to re do it.

lost_nvrfound
09-04-2008, 06:57 PM
The old one right? Like, the one in your sig? Cause then I wouldn't have to re do it.

Yeah, but with the new vox. I spent a lot of time doing them a second time, and Disclaimer has done so much with it.

Ryder1234
09-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Yeah that's basically what I meant.
Message him that Zee might be able to do the drums to our recording.

Ryder1234
09-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Ok I'm taking over Rock Bottom. I'll need vox, drums, and bass.

lost_nvrfound
09-04-2008, 07:21 PM
8. Nothingtown - Lost
10. Fix You
11. Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom - Ryder
12. Rise And Fall

If I could play guitar better, I would do fix you and YGGFK. Hmm.

Ryder1234
09-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Color code is fucked

lost_nvrfound
09-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Color code is fucked

fixed it

ten

Ryder1234
09-04-2008, 07:26 PM
If someone wants to take on Rise and Fall, I'll do the guitar. But I'm not taking over.

Static_Martyr
09-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Nah, I wouldn't care if you guys decided to use a different drum line. My band was gonna cover it anyway :)

Besides, I already have drums on Kristy and ALLM, and by this weekend (unless someone volunteers in my place), I'll have Takes Me Nowhere and Trust In You done. I don't think it'd be appropriate for me to have credits on like 5+ tracks, really 0_0

lost_nvrfound
09-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Nah, I wouldn't care if you guys decided to use a different drum line. My band was gonna cover it anyway :)

Besides, I already have drums on Kristy and ALLM, and by this weekend (unless someone volunteers in my place), I'll have Takes Me Nowhere and Trust In You done. I don't think it'd be appropriate for me to have credits on like 5+ tracks, really 0_0

I'm starting to feel that way myself... Its quite a conundrum... I wanna do them all... but I want to give other people a chance. But no one else is volunteering.

Ryder1234
09-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Just give them some time, they'll come :)

I'm only in 4.

lost_nvrfound
09-04-2008, 07:55 PM
thats four for me too, if I do nothingtown, which i really want to.

I need the separate tracks for Oc life so i can clean them up though.

Ryder1234
09-04-2008, 07:56 PM
I'll be getting payed on the 15th, and that's when I can get a new battery.

Static_Martyr
09-04-2008, 08:14 PM
I might be comfortable helping out here and there, but the *most* tracks by the same band or artist I've ever seen on a tribute album was Eddie Vedder on the Ramones tribute album. He did I Believe In Miracles on the actual album, and then he did a bonus track (Daytime Dilemma) that was on the early printing. I wouldn't want the album to have two or three tracks with my name on it (unless it was cleverly disguised as "so and so 'and friends'").

EDIT: I'll see what I can do about digging up those OC Life tracks. I can't seem to find the compiled drum track at the moment, which is strange 0_0

lost_nvrfound
09-04-2008, 08:23 PM
hmm... strange... isn't it just amazing how sometimes computers seem to eat files?

Static_Martyr
09-04-2008, 08:33 PM
^Here's something funny.

I just spent the last 30 seconds trying to figure out what you meant by "computers eat flies."

And then I realized what it said, and I, as they say, "lold."

lost_nvrfound
09-04-2008, 08:35 PM
^Here's something funny.

I just spent the last 30 seconds trying to figure out what you meant by "computers eat flies."

And then I realized what it said, and I, as they say, "lold."
HAHA! Thanks for making me laugh. I needed that.

Ryder1234
09-04-2008, 11:02 PM
I've decided I'll do the guitar for Fix You. Since no one has taken it yet.

disclaimer_07
09-05-2008, 02:11 AM
LoL, maybe I could sing the verses of Nothingtown and someone else would do the rest, I fully realize that I suck as a vocalist, but damn, it doesn't have to be perfect, right? >_<

Anyway, guess I don't know what I'm saying.... -_-'

Static_Martyr
09-05-2008, 02:17 AM
^If I get bored this weekend (and if nobody else had any objections), I could totally do Nothingtown. But first I'd have to finish the drum tracks for Trust In You and Takes Me Nowhere; I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and lay 'em down with the drum machine, or if I should wait until I get my electric kit in. That could be awhile (maybe a week, maybe two or three, who knows?), so I don't want to put it off too long....but I'd hate to spend 3+ hours on these tracks and then have my kit come in the mail the next day. I'd be too tempted to do them over again in better quality, thus negating all the work I spent on the digital recordings.

lost_nvrfound
09-05-2008, 07:40 AM
I'd wait on it. Maybe someone else will want to do it.

Static_Martyr
09-05-2008, 10:06 AM
^I didn't mean the whole song, I meant the drum line. Disclaimer expressed that he wanted to do Nothingtown, anyway.

lost_nvrfound
09-05-2008, 10:16 AM
I know, and like I said, probably oughtta hold off on it. You said yourself, that you don't want to put a whole lot of work into it only have your electric kit come.

Static_Martyr
09-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Heh, heh....here's some more irony for ya. Here I was thinking about taking on *another* drum segment, and here my kit arrives in the mail today!

So yeah, give me a few days to fuck with it and I can totally do drum tracks now~

disclaimer_07
09-05-2008, 01:48 PM
^I didn't mean the whole song, I meant the drum line. Disclaimer expressed that he wanted to do Nothingtown, anyway.

Haha, as I said, I'm really not much of a singer, but if you want a "lolable" version of Nothingtown, I am totally for. ;D

Heh, heh....here's some more irony for ya. Here I was thinking about taking on *another* drum segment, and here my kit arrives in the mail today!

So yeah, give me a few days to fuck with it and I can totally do drum tracks now~

Cool.

lost_nvrfound
09-05-2008, 02:15 PM

YAY! wow... that was quick.

HEY! Disclaimer, you oughtta do it! At the very least, with all the vocal enhancements you and I can do, we could make badness less obvious.

disclaimer_07
09-05-2008, 03:31 PM
YAY! wow... that was quick.

HEY! Disclaimer, you oughtta do it! At the very least, with all the vocal enhancements you and I can do, we could make badness less obvious.

Heh, sure I will try! But nothing can mask my singing inabilities, lol.

lost_nvrfound
09-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Heh, sure I will try! But nothing can mask my singing inabilities, lol.

you can do anything with this digital technology

EDIT: They made Nsync sound good.

disclaimer_07
09-05-2008, 03:58 PM
you can do anything with this digital technology

EDIT: They made Nsync sound good.

Right, I'm gonna install Cakewalk Sonar and then we can do everything, lol.

Ryder1234
09-05-2008, 04:46 PM
I just finished the Fix You guitar. I'm sending the separate tracks to disclaimer, but I threw them together so you can an idea of how it sounds. I'll post the links when they finish uploading.

Ryder1234
09-05-2008, 04:55 PM
http://www.savefile.com/files/1771183

Here's all the tracks put together. I did nothing to the volume etc, so it will sound way better once disclaimer works on it.

disclaimer_07
09-06-2008, 12:47 AM
Sorry, I've been kinda busy lately, you know school and stuff.... But I will edit the files asap, hopefully today or tomorrow ;]

zsk
09-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Here is the idea I came up with. I've noticed there are some members here that keep on producing Offspring covers (not a big surprise), so I thought to offer you guys to cover the whole RAFRAG, it would be better if each song would be covered by a different member. Should be a pretty fun thing to do, especially for those who will make covers!

So if you're interested in that, speak up about who will take which song to cover and start on working :p.

I also think it would be nice if someone will make a youtube version of this compilation with your covers and photos/avatars clips.

What do you think about this project?

i would like to reocrd a guitar version of takes me nowhere

zsk
09-06-2008, 08:19 AM
there you go

http://rapidshare.com/files/143101728/takes_me_nowhere_guitar.mp3.html

Rooster
09-06-2008, 11:03 AM
i would like to reocrd a guitar version of takes me nowhere

Hmm, i've already taken Takes Me Nowhere (check the previous pages), but it would be cool if you could do the second guitar (i wanted to take the lead), and Static said he would do the drum part. So welcome to colaborate.

Free?
09-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Current status should be looking like that

8. Nothingtown - Lost
10. Fix You - Ryder 1234 on guitar, needs some help (? or !)
11. Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom - Ryder
12. Rise And Fall

Correct me if I'm wrong.

disclaimer_07
09-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Hey, wasn't ANDiTKO willing to cover YGGFK?

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34307

Free?
09-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Hey, wasn't ANDiTKO willing to cover YGGFK?

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34307

He didn't say that he wants his cover to be in this project, or did he?

Correct the list if there is anything to fix.

disclaimer_07
09-06-2008, 02:05 PM
He didn't say that he wants his cover to be in this project, or did he?

Correct the list if there is anything to fix.

I guess he hasn't seen this thread yet.

Ryder1234
09-06-2008, 02:16 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong.

As for me needing help on Fix You, yes, I need vox, bass and drums.

Static_Martyr
09-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Here are the vocals I did for A Lot Like Me. They're just experimental, so you can do whatever you want with them of course (or not use them at all) :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/143204359/A_Lot_Like_Me__high_vox_.mp3.html

^These are the ones during the chorus and the post-chorus....

http://rapidshare.com/files/143211501/A_Lot_Like_Me__low_vox_.mp3.html

^...and these are the ones during the verse (the low octaves).

And Ryder, I tried my best to set you up a drum line for Fix You. It's not perfect because I've only been playing drums for a day (woo! I've been waiting forever to say that), but I think it's good considering how little time I actually worked on it. Here ya go:

http://rapidshare.com/files/143212097/Fix_You__drums_.mp3.html

P.S. I wanted to do a fade-in for the part before the big explosive chorus near the end, but I couldn't do it right with my software. Any chance you or Disclaimer or nvrfound could put something in like that? It starts right around 2:32, I believe.

I'm doing a bass line for Fix You right now, in case ya need one :) I'll upload it in a little while.

EDIT: FUCK FUCK FUCK!!! I was just doing vocals for Fix You, and I realized I royally FUCKED UP the drums. I left out the entire second vocal solo verse. DAMMIT!

Well, I'll be off re-doing that.

EDIT AGAIN: Here's the improved drums and bass:

http://rapidshare.com/files/143219207/Fix_You__drums_.mp3.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/143219731/Fix_You__bass_.mp3.html

If you guys want, I can do vocals, too. The only thing I have a problem with is the part where his voice goes soft during the vocal solo; I can never hit that high soft note and then come back down to the hard note.

EDIT AGAIN: The part where I need a fade-in starts at about 2:14, not 2:32.

Ryder1234
09-06-2008, 05:30 PM
haha :D

Well I was gonna be doing the low vox in ALLM, but I guess I'll do one, upload it, and you guys can choose.

Static_Martyr
09-06-2008, 06:07 PM
^Yah, I didn't know how you guys were gonna do that, so I set some up just in case. I thought I remembered you saying you were gonna do 'em, but I couldn't find the post where you said that. Whatevah :)

So are you gonna do vox for Fix You?

Ryder1234
09-06-2008, 06:42 PM
nah, that ones still open

Static_Martyr
09-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Here's my shoddy Fix You vocals. I tried to dress it up a little so it's not just a bland imitation.

http://rapidshare.com/files/143233301/Fix_You__vox_.mp3.html

Just for fun (practice, really), I'm putting together a YGGFK drumline. If anyone's interested in doing that song themselves, let me know and I'll put it up.

Static_Martyr
09-07-2008, 12:50 AM
Here are my new covers. These aren't for the comp, I just got bored and did 'em earlier tonight:

A revised version of YGGFK:
http://rapidshare.com/files/143269772/You_re_Gonna_Go_Far__Kid.mp3.html

Hammerhead
http://rapidshare.com/files/143276522/Hammerhead.mp3.html

Although, in Hammerhead I forgot to remove the metronome I used to tack on the intro riff. Dammit.

disclaimer_07
09-07-2008, 12:51 AM
Here's my shoddy Fix You vocals. I tried to dress it up a little so it's not just a bland imitation.

http://rapidshare.com/files/143233301/Fix_You__vox_.mp3.html

Just for fun (practice, really), I'm putting together a YGGFK drumline. If anyone's interested in doing that song themselves, let me know and I'll put it up.

LoL, you sang "pushing me closer, pulling away" :P

Static_Martyr
09-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Ha :) I know, I fucked it up. I was too lazy to change it (that was like, what, the 416th take?).

lost_nvrfound
09-07-2008, 01:06 AM
Ha :) I know, I fucked it up. I was too lazy to change it (that was like, what, the 416th take?).

HAHA! I so know how that is. When I was recording Dirty Magic I think, I said Haze instead of daze... but i had redone it so many times that i just gave up...

zsk
09-07-2008, 03:50 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong.

i could do the guitar part of rise and fall,if you want

zsk
09-07-2008, 04:03 AM
Hmm, i've already taken Takes Me Nowhere (check the previous pages), but it would be cool if you could do the second guitar (i wanted to take the lead), and Static said he would do the drum part. So welcome to colaborate.

second guitar?
you mean the little solo at the end

Rooster
09-07-2008, 04:05 AM
i could do the guitar part of rise and fall,if you want

Hey, i saw you were interested in Takes Me Nowhere, and since i need help, you could do the second guitar for it, if you want, and i'll do the lead.

You take Rise And Fall? Cool, i don't think anyone has done it. The more people we have in this project, the better. You can do all the guitars for Rise And Fall, since you don't have much parts in other songs.

Rooster
09-07-2008, 04:08 AM
If someone wants to take on Rise and Fall, I'll do the guitar. But I'm not taking over.

Hey, Ryder, do you agree with zsk doing the guitar parts for Rise And Fall, since he doesn't colaborate much in other songs? I mean, it would be nice to have more people in this cover album.

zsk
09-07-2008, 04:17 AM
Hey, Ryder, do you agree with zsk doing the guitar parts for Rise And Fall, since he doesn't colaborate much in other songs? I mean, it would be nice to have more people in this cover album.

that's a good opinion

disclaimer_07
09-07-2008, 07:09 AM
I have this concept for Fix You as a duet:

MALE: She wakes up
Rage and grace
Pulling me closer, pushing away
And me
The sharpest thorn on your vine
Twisting and turning
We're all intertwined

Broken wing
Empty glass
Words that scream and bounce right back
She says, you know
We'd all like to rearrange

FEMALE: I wish I could fix you
And make you how I want you
MALE: I wish I could fix you
FEMALE: And I wish you could fix me

MALE: I wish I could heal you
And mend where you are broken
FEMALE: I wish I could heal you
MALE: And I wish you could heal me

BOTH: Ha la la la

MALE: A beaming sunrise buries the night
The setting sun destroys the light
Then she says, baby, I've gotta get going
Cutting each other
Without even knowing

She sees a million stars like holes in the sky
All God's tears for her they cry
And I am in her rain

The screaming part (BOTH maybe?)

MALE: Broken wing
Empty glass
She says, you know

What do ya think?

lost_nvrfound
09-07-2008, 09:23 AM
looks good dude.

Gustavo
09-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Hey, just saw this thread, and I really liked it. I would LOVE to help.
Is there anything I can do?
I can record guitars for anysong with a friend of mine.
I can do some artwork too.

So, what can I do?

lost_nvrfound
09-07-2008, 10:16 AM

So, what can I do?

Ryder's guitar is kind of out of commission temporarily, you wanna do the guitar parts for ALLM?

Check the ALLM thread

drummerbecca
09-07-2008, 10:21 AM

So, what can I do?

Ooh, that's a thought. Artwork would be pretty cool for the project. I totally wish I could take part, dammit :(

Gustavo
09-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Ryder's guitar is kind of out of commission temporarily, you wanna do the guitar parts for ALLM?

Check the ALLM thread

Yeah, I would love to!
Where is this A Lot Like Me thread?

I called my friend right now, and he's not at home. I've lost his cellphone number unfortunately. But his sister told me that he'll be back soon, and we probably will record the guitars for A Lot Like Me.

And what about the artwork? I think we should try to mix up that angel-in-chains from Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace with some kind of skulls like in Ixnay On The Hombre.

lost_nvrfound
09-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I would love to!
Where is this A Lot Like Me thread?

I called my friend right now, and he's not at home. I've lost his cellphone number unfortunately. But his sister told me that he'll be back soon, and we probably will record the guitars for A Lot Like Me.

And what about the artwork? I think we should try to mix up that angel-in-chains from Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace with some kind of skulls like in Ixnay On The Hombre.

i think raptor might have started working on it. you could probably collaborate with him on the artwork.

The allm thread is in your band. I've posted the version of the song that you need to record to

Gustavo
09-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Oh, another thing... Who is the one encharged for mastering the songs?
Maybe we could release the instrumental MP3s too, 'cause it would be cool to have the songs out there for those who want to cover any song but can't play any instrument.

lost_nvrfound
09-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Oh, another thing... Who is the one encharged for mastering the songs?
Maybe we could release the instrumental MP3s too, 'cause it would be cool to have the songs out there for those who want to cover any song but can't play any instrument.

Disclaimer and I are doing a lot of it i suppose.

At least the ones done by Ryder, Static and I.

Gustavo
09-07-2008, 10:46 AM
i think raptor might have started working on it. you could probably collaborate with him on the artwork.

The allm thread is in your band. I've posted the version of the song that you need to record to

Oh, ok. I'll talk to my friend as soon as possible.
And then we will record it =]

Gustavo
09-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Do you guys need any help with vocals or backing-vocals?

Ryder1234
09-07-2008, 10:56 AM

Yeah go ahead :)

lost_nvrfound
09-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Oh, ok. I'll talk to my friend as soon as possible.
And then we will record it =]

cool beans. It'll be really nice to finally have it.

lost_nvrfound
09-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Do you guys need any help with vocals or backing-vocals?

I'll take more backing vox where i can get 'em. Feel free to contribute to that too.

Gustavo
09-07-2008, 11:01 AM
I know it's not a RAFRAG song, but...
Would you guys like to cover Lightning Rod?

drummerbecca
09-07-2008, 11:03 AM

Oh man, I'll really cry if this is covered and I can't join in. I love that song.

lost_nvrfound
09-07-2008, 11:04 AM

i think thats a question best posed in the "offspring covers thread" in general offspring discussion.

EDIT: I'm not trying to be a bitch or saying "use the search button", but i feel this is best to stay about the one project. Or you could start a new thread here about it.

Gustavo
09-07-2008, 11:10 AM
i think thats a question best posed in the "offspring covers thread" in general offspring discussion.

EDIT: I'm not trying to be a bitch or saying "use the search button", but i feel this is best to stay about the one project. Or you could start a new thread here about it.

Oh, yeah, you're right.
I totally understand you.
Sorry, I had forgotten about that other thread.

Oh, crap, I can't find that thread, whenever I use the search button, it says "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /server/offspring/web/forums/search.php on line 1009"

Rooster
09-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Hmm, i haven't yet started the artwork, but i have some ideas for the booklet. However, i would appreciate help from iGustavo, if he's interested. As for the angel on the cover, i was thinking about someone drawing the angel from a bit different angle, with chains broken (but not from the angle like the angel on the back of RAFRAG CD case). I might draw it, i'll see, or i'll just draw a sketch how i think it should look like.

If you have any ideas, you can tell me :)

lost_nvrfound
09-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Oh, yeah, you're right.
I totally understand you.
Sorry, I had forgotten about that other thread.

Oh, crap, I can't find that thread, whenever I use the search button, it says "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /server/offspring/web/forums/search.php on line 1009"

the cover thread should only be a page or two back

Gustavo
09-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Hmm, i haven't yet started the artwork, but i have some ideas for the booklet. However, i would appreciate help from iGustavo, if he's interested. As for the angel on the cover, i was thinking about someone drawing the angel from a bit different angle, with chains broken (but not from the angle like the angel on the back of RAFRAG CD case). I might draw it, i'll see, or i'll just draw a sketch how i think it should look like.

If you have any ideas, you can tell me :)

I would love to help!
Yeah, this cover idea is a good one.
I might try to draw it too.
I was thinking that maybe we could take a picture of an amplifier and write "The Offspring's Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace covered by the fans" and then put the names of those who helped.
And, I was thinking, for the booklet.
Maybe we could find some photos online of situations that mind remind about the song's idea.
For example, for "Kristy, are you doing okay?" maybe we could try to find a situation that reminds a woman being raped.
And then we could add some drawnings made by computer on it.
I think that it would be just awesome.
I can do it on Flash and on Corel Draw.

Static_Martyr
09-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Well, I already have all of the Fix You vox done, so you can just edit out the parts you don't need, in the event that you do a duet. Unless you wanted to start over from scratch...0_0

Personally, I'd rather someone else do the vocal solo at the end. Mine sucks. Either that, or at least do a harmony under it, or something; I just can't do that high of a soft note. The rest of it I can do, but that one high soft note just kills me, 'cause I have to be screaming at the top of my lungs to hit that.

EDIT: If it's entirely okay, I'd like to try and do the Kristy art myself, as my little contribution.

drummerbecca
09-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Oooh ooh! I've just had a thought! My drum student has an electronic kit, so if there are still tracks needing drums, I can just ask her if I could borrow her kit for a day or two :D

Edit: I've just noticed the crappy tags on this thread. *tut*

Free?
09-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Cool, we have a new blood, enthusiastic iGustavo, welcome :)

I tagged it as "hardworkers" thinking of it as a compliment! ;) Some people here really dedicated themselves to the idea.

drummerbecca
09-07-2008, 01:35 PM

I tagged it as "hardworkers" thinking of it as a compliment! ;) Some people here really dedicated themselves to the idea.

Oops, sorry Free? !
It was more the "too much free time" one I was referring to though :)
Maybe that's what the band should be called, hehe. "RAFRAG, covered by 'Too Much Free Time'" lol

Edit - Can someone tell me which songs still need drums and I can maybe see about borrowing my students drum kit? That is, if anyone wants me to play drums for them :)

Rooster
09-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Oooh ooh! I've just had a thought! My drum student has an electronic kit, so if there are still tracks needing drums, I can just ask her if I could borrow her kit for a day or two :D

I just added a new tag (well, two actually)....:D

I don't know, maybe it would help. Static is oing some drum tracks already, but if you could borrow that kit, you could do drum tracks for some songs. Ask static what drum tracks are needed to be done yet.

Rooster
09-07-2008, 01:59 PM

Hehe, the "hardworkers" tag is funny actually, but why "too much free time" tag? THIS AIN'T FREE TIME :mad:, THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!11!

:D

Static_Martyr
09-07-2008, 02:16 PM
I was actually going to do the drums for Takes Me Nowhere, but I've been slow getting started because I've had to practice on some easier stuff with my drum kit. As a result, it took me longer than I expected -_- I can still do them if you want me to, but if drummerbecca wants to do them, I'd also be glad to hand them over, as I already have a hand in several tracks (namely Fix You, A Lot Like Me, possibly Hammerhead, The O.C. Life, and of course Kristy). And as I said before, I'd like to try to keep my interventions down to the necessities---i.e. the one cover I did completely by myself, plus helping out people who need stuff but can't get it from anyone else.

Unless we were gonna use my drum track I made for Hammerhead, these are the ones that need doing:

Trust In You
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid*
Takes Me Nowhere
Nothingtown
Stuff Is Messed Up
Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom
Rise And Fall

*=I have a drum track set up for this one, but again, it's a drum machine. So if you can do a better real drum track, then of course you should go for it.

drummerbecca
09-07-2008, 02:20 PM
I don't want to do all of them, hehe. It'd be cool to have a few drummers on the tracks. If Zee is doing some on an acoustic kit, and you're doing some on an electronic kit, then I can just try whatever is left. I'd love to try Trust in You, but I can take a stab at all of them and just see which ones turn out ok... ?

Static_Martyr
09-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Well, I can do the slower ones (Nothingtown, Takes Me Nowhere). I'm still not very good with this thing yet; I *might* be able to do YGGFK by the end of the week, if I practice my ass off (I can almost do it now, but I keep fucking up near the end).

drummerbecca
09-07-2008, 02:37 PM
It might take me a few days to get the kit, if I can get it at all, and I move to England in less than 2 weeks so take your time and just do what you want to do :) I might not be able to do any of the tracks but if I can then I'll definitely try Trust in You and Rise and Fall. Not saying they'll be any good, but I'll try :p

Rooster
09-07-2008, 02:39 PM
It might take me a few days to get the kit, if I can get it at all, and I move to England in less than 2 weeks so take your time and just do what you want to do :) I might not be able to do any of the tracks but if I can then I'll definitely try Trust in You and Rise and Fall. Not saying they'll be any good, but I'll try :p

Oh, please try Trust In You, i really want the drum part for that one, so that i can record guitars later...

lost_nvrfound
09-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Well, I already have all of the Fix You vox done, so you can just edit out the parts you don't need, in the event that you do a duet. Unless you wanted to start over from scratch...0_0

Personally, I'd rather someone else do the vocal solo at the end. Mine sucks. Either that, or at least do a harmony under it, or something; I just can't do that high of a soft note. The rest of it I can do, but that one high soft note just kills me, 'cause I have to be screaming at the top of my lungs to hit that.

EDIT: If it's entirely okay, I'd like to try and do the Kristy art myself, as my little contribution.

If you want, we could use Disclaimers idea and make it a duet. I can hit the high notes with ease. I was at this audition the other day, and I told him I was an alto, but apparently not. I thank this album. Two months ago I couldn't hit the "me" in Allm.

Static_Martyr
09-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I figured something like that. I could do the low parts, and you could do the verses, or something. Or you could do what Disclaimer said. Like I said, you can just edit the one I put up and stick yours over it, or I could do another one if you want. Assuming you wanted me to do the other parts?

drummerbecca
09-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Ok, it looks like probably Friday before I can get the kit, maybe Thursday if I'm lucky. I'll keep everyone posted.

lost_nvrfound
09-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I figured something like that. I could do the low parts, and you could do the verses, or something. Or you could do what Disclaimer said. Like I said, you can just edit the one I put up and stick yours over it, or I could do another one if you want. Assuming you wanted me to do the other parts?

Yeah, I'm mildly infatuated with your voice. i'm gonna play with what you uploaded, but I may ask you to redo certain parts. hmm.. I'll see what I come up with. Oh, and I'm gonna PM you something, so check. I don't want others to hear it yet cause it needs more work.

Static_Martyr
09-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Ah schweet! So which parts did ya want me to do over?

FYI, I'll be working the next couple of days, so I might not get as much done every day as I usually do. I should still have a couple hours to dedicate when I get home, though.

lost_nvrfound
09-07-2008, 07:10 PM
I don't know yet. I need to play some with it.

Ryder1234
09-07-2008, 07:21 PM
If anyone wants to take part, I'm starting a Smash cover thread.

Rooster
09-08-2008, 06:11 AM
If anyone wants to take part, I'm starting a Smash cover thread.

I can smell something big here...

...I can smell the entire Offspring discography covered :D

disclaimer_07
09-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Just a small correction. I think the parts in bold should also be sung by a female:

Rage and grace
And me
Twisting and turning
We're all intertwined

Broken wing
Empty glass
She says, you know

Cutting each other
Without even knowing

And I am in her rain

The screaming part (BOTH maybe?)

Empty glass
She says, you know

Anyway, we need the complete vocals from both. Then we'll decide.

lost_nvrfound
09-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Just a small correction. I think the parts in bold should also be sung by a female:

Anyway, we need the complete vocals from both. Then we'll decide.

maybe both could say it?

disclaimer_07
09-08-2008, 08:45 AM
maybe both could say it?

Now I am really confused, lol.

Ryder1234
09-08-2008, 09:02 AM
disclaimer, I may get the Hammerhead drums today.

lost_nvrfound
09-08-2008, 09:04 AM
Hahaha! Everyone is responding to my tag via tag.

lost_nvrfound
09-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Made some changes to Fix You. Could you redo it and try to relax your vocal chords during some of the higher notes Static? If you totally relax you throat on the high notes they won't be as harsh and you'll have more control. It may take practice to be able to do that. I know it did for me.

Rage and grace
And me
Twisting and turning
We're all intertwined

Broken wing
Empty glass
She says,
BOTH: you know

BOTH: And I wish you could fix me

BOTH: And I wish you could heal me

Cutting each other
Without even knowing

And I am in her rain

BOTH: And I wish you could fix me

BOTH: And I wish you could heal me

The screaming part (BOTH if you can hit your falsetto rather than scream, thats how Dexter did the high note)

Empty glass
She says,
BOTH: you know

Gustavo
09-08-2008, 01:59 PM

Thank you!!

Gustavo
09-08-2008, 03:01 PM
I've made a cover which I like to call "The worst cover ever made".
It's not actually a cover. It's sort of a preview.
But the main idea is a cover just like the original one (the "Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace" one), that one that there's an angel stuck in chains and she's trying to escape, but with one big difference, we wouldn't use a woman-angel, we would use a baby-angel insteady.
Check out this shitty preview I've made:

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/623/shittycoverkc2.jpg

Don't worry about its quality, I made it in a couple of seconds, it's not good at all. But you guys can have a sort of idea of what it would be like if it actually get to be done.
If you guys like it, please let me know, then I'll improve it and post it here.

PS: I know there's no chain there yet, but it's just a preview.

lost_nvrfound
09-08-2008, 03:09 PM
I think the working group name is The Forums.

Static_Martyr
09-08-2008, 03:17 PM
The screaming part (BOTH if you can hit your falsetto rather than scream, thats how Dexter did the high note)

Well, I can hit the falsetto for the actual note, but then the transition back into my standard range is very, very obvious. You hear my voice crack from the rapid change in pitch.

I'll try to figure something out; I just got home, so I'll be toying with my mikes and stuff for a few hours (I got some band stuff I have to re-record). I'll see what I can get done and then I'll upload it for you guys to tool with.

lost_nvrfound
09-08-2008, 06:36 PM

Well, I can hit the falsetto for the actual note, but then the transition back into my standard range is very, very obvious. You hear my voice crack from the rapid change in pitch.

I'll try to figure something out; I just got home, so I'll be toying with my mikes and stuff for a few hours (I got some band stuff I have to re-record). I'll see what I can get done and then I'll upload it for you guys to tool with.

alrighty. at the very least, I can probably cover it up with my voice.

or you can separate them into separate tracks. The "oooh" on one track, then the other part on a different track.

drummerbecca
09-09-2008, 05:26 AM
I've made a cover which I like to call "The worst cover ever made".
It's not actually a cover. It's sort of a preview.
But the main idea is a cover just like the original one (the "Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace" one), that one that there's an angel stuck in chains and she's trying to escape, but with one big difference, we wouldn't use a woman-angel, we would use a baby-angel insteady.
Check out this shitty preview I've made:
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/623/shittycoverkc2.jpg
Don't worry about its quality, I made it in a couple of seconds, it's not good at all. But you guys can have a sort of idea of what it would be like if it actually get to be done.
If you guys like it, please let me know, then I'll improve it and post it here.

PS: I know there's no chain there yet, but it's just a preview.

I like this, actually. The picture is perfect for what's being done IMO. If the chains are added to the picture as it is then I think it'll look awesome. Good job :)

Static_Martyr
09-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Okay, I've been wracking my brain (and voice) for about two hours, and I just don't think I'm gonna be able to hit that high soft note. So I've come up with an alternative:

Since you can hit the high note, hows about I do a lower harmony sequence instead? That way our voices will form a chord, and it'll sound nifty. Plus, it'll be something original that we added that wasn't in the original song :) Whaddaya say?

EDIT: Or, I could maybe do it in a lower octave.

EDIT: Alright, I gave it one more shot before I quit. This is the best I can manage; I hope it's not too obvious:

http://rapidshare.com/files/143913412/Fix_You__vox.1_.mp3.html

Stylie
09-09-2008, 12:40 PM
iGustavo: That was really nice! You drawed (uhm, is that right?) and made it all by yourself? Cool. Nice idea with the baby-angel, I see what you mean. ^^

drummerbecca
09-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Okay, I've been wracking my brain (and voice) for about two hours, and I just don't think I'm gonna be able to hit that high soft note. So I've come up with an alternative:

Since you can hit the high note, hows about I do a lower harmony sequence instead? That way our voices will form a chord, and it'll sound nifty. Plus, it'll be something original that we added that wasn't in the original song :) Whaddaya say?

EDIT: Alright, I gave it one more shot before I quit. This is the best I can manage; I hope it's not too obvious:

This is really cool, Static. I think you did a really good job. Not many guys have the range that Dexter does. On the falsetto parts, if lost_nvrfound sings it too, she can really belt it out and the transition won't be as obvious on yours :)

lost_nvrfound
09-09-2008, 01:51 PM

Oh my goodness! That sounds so good! Sooooo much better!

Static_Martyr
09-09-2008, 02:41 PM
This is really cool, Static. I think you did a really good job. Not many guys have the range that Dexter does. On the falsetto parts, if lost_nvrfound sings it too, she can really belt it out and the transition won't be as obvious on yours

Ah, thanks :) I'm really a perfectionist, and on top of that I'm used to doing things like this on my own. So naturally, I tend to not do things that are really obviously imperfect -_- Otherwise, I would've thought to try for the falsetto the first time.

So yah, I really hope she can cover it up. Otherwise it's gonna bug me every time I hear it *grumble* Of course, I might be just distracted enough not to notice. This crosses me as the kind of song that would really bring out nvrfound's voice.

Oh my goodness! That sounds so good! Sooooo much better!

You have *no idea* what a fresh breath of relief it is to read that....!

EDIT: I totally want a copy of this album when everyone's all done with it. I'm gonna keep it on the top of my shelf, as a sort of trophy :)

drummerbecca
09-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Ah, thanks :) I'm really a perfectionist, and on top of that I'm used to doing things like this on my own. So naturally, I tend to not do things that are really obviously imperfect -_- Otherwise, I would've thought to try for the falsetto the first time.

So yah, I really hope she can cover it up. Otherwise it's gonna bug me every time I hear it *grumble* Of course, I might be just distracted enough not to notice. This crosses me as the kind of song that would really bring out nvrfound's voice.

I'm the same, a perfectionist. But I also lack the talent for anything I play to be perfect, lol.
But seriously, your vocals sound really good. I don't think the ones you have done should be covered up, I just think that vocals by you and lost_nvrfound would work well together on those bits to give them a bit more 'oomph', as they say :)

lost_nvrfound
09-09-2008, 03:30 PM
This crosses me as the kind of song that would really bring out nvrfound's voice.

I don't know about that. We'll just have to see. I don't exactly have the most tender voice. My drama diretor told me that thats why he wouldn't cast me for certain parts.

Static_Martyr
09-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Well, whatever happens, I want to hear it when it's done :)

Rooster
09-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Hmm, i think that iGustavo's idea for the cover is quite a good one, since our cover album will be like a RAFRAG's "baby". This could look very good when it's finished :)

Free?
09-09-2008, 06:31 PM
To me Gustavo's artwork looked like a male angel, not a baby :). If it's baby then he should have a dummy :D or something. And the last page of booklet should display that baby angel finally broke out from chains and is sitting behind a monitor, posting something on this forum and sucking a bottle of Gringo Bandito with other hand. :D ... I really can't say was that just stupid (in a bad way) or a funny idea, I feel like both at the same time. :o

lost_nvrfound
09-09-2008, 07:03 PM
To me Gustavo's artwork looked like a male angel, not a baby :). If it's baby then he should have a dummy :D or something. And the last page of booklet should display that baby angel finally broke out from chains and is sitting behind a monitor, posting something on this forum and sucking a bottle of Gringo Bandito with other hand. :D ... I really can't say was that just stupid (in a bad way) or a funny idea, I feel like both at the same time. :o

HAHA! Thats funny!

drummerbecca
09-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Ok, I'm getting the electric kit tomorrow, and I think someone asked for drums for Trust In You, is that right? Also, can I maybe try vocals for this one? Unless you want to do them Karin, I don't mind. :)

Rooster
09-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Ok, I'm getting the electric kit tomorrow, and I think someone asked for drums for Trust In You, is that right? Also, can I maybe try vocals for this one? Unless you want to do them Karin, I don't mind. :)

Yeah, i asked for Trust In You drum part. GREAT :D And we would need the vocals, too, i was thinking about trying the vocal part besides the guitar part, but probably i'll record just the guitar part (i can't find the mic for record singing, and i don't think i am a THAT good singer :D)

lost_nvrfound
09-11-2008, 04:00 PM
I don't really care. Why don't you give e'm a shot. I wouldn't mind not being the only female on the album.

drummerbecca
09-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Yeah, i asked for Trust In You drum part. GREAT :D And we would need the vocals, too, i was thinking about trying the vocal part besides the guitar part, but probably i'll record just the guitar part (i can't find the mic for record singing, and i don't think i am a THAT good singer :D)

I'm a terrible singer, D will back me up on that one, hehe. Not the best drummer in the world either but I'll give it a go :)

I don't really care. Why don't you give e'm a shot. I wouldn't mind not being the only female on the album.

I wasn't sure if you'd done any recording of them already, that's why I asked.

I hope to get the drum part done and dusted tomorrow. I'll send it to you if I get it finished, Raptor.

lost_nvrfound
09-11-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm a terrible singer, D will back me up on that one, hehe. Not the best drummer in the world either but I'll give it a go :)

I wasn't sure if you'd done any recording of them already, that's why I asked.

I hope to get the drum part done and dusted tomorrow. I'll send it to you if I get it finished, Raptor.

I haven't really much worked on anything except hammerhead, fix you, and a lot like me. I need to do OC Life too. AND somewhere along the way, I've gotta figure out what to do about nothingtown.

Ryder1234
09-11-2008, 05:04 PM
I forget, was I supposed to do Nothingtown or did someone already.

lol I had a dream that people kept taking all my parts I have in this thread.

lost_nvrfound
09-11-2008, 05:11 PM
no one has done anything for it yet.

Ryder1234
09-11-2008, 05:12 PM
no one has done anything for it yet.

Ok I'll do the guitar. Someone do drums?

disclaimer_07
09-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Ok I'll do the guitar. Someone do drums?

There's already one guitar track for Nothingtown :P

Ryder1234
09-11-2008, 05:19 PM
raaaar :mad: :p