PDA

View Full Version : If you had to move...

Sofinch
09-01-2008, 11:58 AM
I few hours a go I saw the news and they where talking about the hurricane Gustav. (I hope for the people who live there and the victims that it's going to end really fast, it could be never happened)
That's why I came up with this question:
If you had to move to another country,
where would go to?
Have you been there before?

bighead384
09-01-2008, 11:59 AM
I would move somewhere in Europe I guess. A lot of countries in Europe are similar in many ways to the U.S., and I really wouldn't wanna have to make that much of an adjustment at this point in my life. Actually, maybe I would just move to Canada.

But why would the hurricane force you to leave your country permanently?

medi01
09-01-2008, 12:09 PM
(in eng atm) so either france (as its close) or like Australia/NZ or maybe even north america (either US or canada)

Steal
09-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Probably Canada, it's a lot like the US and I would feel comfortable there, I don't really feel that good when I'm in a country where the culture is very different. Makes me feel like an idiot tourist.

jacknife737
09-01-2008, 12:22 PM
I could see myself living anywhere in the UK, i'm actually considering moving there after I finish my schooling.

Another place i could see myself living is Australia or the US (probably only the East Coast, although Seattle/Organ seems pretty cool.

0r4ng3
09-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Canada.

Billy Talent.

et cetera.

Lodat225
09-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Does it have to be another country? Pfft, I'd move a state over and live in Rochester.

If it does have to be a country, I'd move to Australia.

wheelchairman
09-01-2008, 02:14 PM
I guess I would move to Berlin or back to Oregon. I've visited both places often enough (lived in Oregon.)

Then again I think I would be happy in any country where I could speak the language or learn it quickly enough. Sweden and Norway would be cool. So would Australia or New Zealand.

Actually anywhere. Africa even. Except I don't know shit about living in Africa.

JoY
09-01-2008, 03:28 PM
easy. Muhlebach in Wallis -Switzerland. I have a place to go & stay there, I seriously love that place with my entire little being & I basically know most people in the village - not that that's a whole lot, but it should be enough anyway.

Andy
09-01-2008, 04:22 PM
I've been reading a book recently about an Englishman moving to Paris. I want to get fresh bread from the boulangerie every morning, to chill out with a lunchtime beer on one of the roadside cafés and to generally experience the romance of the Parisian way of life. Maybe not live there permanently; maybe 6 months or so.

Sunny
09-01-2008, 06:17 PM
currently? amsterdam. might actually be headed there for a job.

make a weed joke and i will slap you, and NOT in a hot way.

Cock Joke
09-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Australia, Britain, or Canada. In other words, an English speaking country.

Nina
09-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Too much to choose from!
If it would be right now, without the time to be able to learn a language before I move, I'd probably choose a European country. Dublin or Vienna as specific cities I guess. But i wouldnt be very happy with that decision.

ninthlayer
09-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Sunny's pants.

*Noodles*
09-02-2008, 04:57 AM
Australia, and yes.

T-6005
09-02-2008, 07:47 AM
I've been reading a book recently about an Englishman moving to Paris. I want to get fresh bread from the boulangerie every morning, to chill out with a lunchtime beer on one of the roadside cafés and to generally experience the romance of the Parisian way of life. Maybe not live there permanently; maybe 6 months or so.
I never did like Paris. Is the book A Year in the Merde?

I think I'd like to move to something in South America. I've always wanted to live there. Otherwise maybe back to Japan would definitely be cool.

Oxygene
09-02-2008, 07:57 AM
Prolly NZ or US (Hawaii or CA)... or some very beatufilu little island like bora bora or bermuda even.

Somewhere nice :)

the_offsprings_monkey
09-02-2008, 09:09 AM
I'd move to the land of my fathers. Wales!

*Noodles*
09-02-2008, 09:43 AM
I'd move to the land of my fathers. Wales!

Out of the whole world, and you choose Wales?...
Is it because your family originates there - or you just like it ..?

[i'd have never expected Wales as an answer, to be honest!]

Andy
09-02-2008, 10:10 AM
I never did like Paris. Is the book A Year in the Merde?

Yeah, and I'm almost done with Merde Actually. Really entertaining.

the_offsprings_monkey
09-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Out of the whole world, and you choose Wales?...
Is it because your family originates there - or you just like it ..?

[i'd have never expected Wales as an answer, to be honest!]

What's not the like, great people, beautiful country and loads to do. Also a lot of my family are there yes.

Also them Welsh birds are just so fine!

Rag Doll
09-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Canada. My mens and I are already thinking about moving there in the future when we're all done with school.