PDA

View Full Version : Education?

rise_and_fall
09-02-2008, 06:53 AM
I just spoke to my german friend from frankfurt and she told me in her english class at school, they're doing study on the offspring's Way down the Line. I thought it was pretty cool!

This is the proper way to educate kids

Rutegard
09-02-2008, 06:55 AM
I just spoke to my german friend from frankfurt and she told me in her english class at school, they're doing study on the offspring's Way down the Line. I thought it was pretty cool!

This is the proper way to educate kids

AWESOME!!

waht kind of stuff?

young girls getting pregnant and battery?

those kind of things...probably :D

very cool

great idea :D

next songs: WHTY? and kristy :D

Free?
09-02-2008, 07:01 AM
I have brought a cassette with Why Don't You Get A Job? on English lesson about unemployment one day. Everybody listened, but I honestly believe that the only persons who understood what is this song about were me and (probably) teacher, lol. Oh.. back then I had kind of Offspring obsessed English studying, I was using their lyrics almost everywhere, dam, that was fun time, sweet to remember!

Rutegard
09-02-2008, 07:07 AM
I have brought a cassette with Why Don't You Get A Job? on English lesson about unemployment one day. Everybody listened, but I honestly believe that the only persons who understood what is this song about were me and (probably) teacher, lol. Oh.. back then I had kind of Offspring obsessed English studying, I was using their lyrics almost everywhere, dam, that was fun time, sweet to remember!

yeah i did that too....but i didn't come up with WDYGAJ? LOL i came up instead with bad habit and everyone listened to that AHAHAH SO GREAT!!

the teacher wasn't expecting!! she was like..."that the fuck is he saying?!?" HAHAAHAH

in the end she asked me...what is the band's name again?
and i was like - The Offspring!
and she was like..."uh..."
LOOOL

i used to write down sentences from the lyrics when i had to do compositions ahaha and it worked out great :D, untill one time teacher spot me and then i had to improve, cause i used to use stuff like "oh yeah" LOOOOL

oh i miss those days :D

mrs_hollandova
09-02-2008, 09:30 AM
Yes, itīs a good thing to learn language by listening to music. When I was on elementary school I loved BRAVO magazine where were always two songs lyrics with translation. LOL it was nice time :D

Sofinch
09-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Yes, itīs a good thing to learn language by listening to music. When I was on elementary school I loved BRAVO magazine where were always two songs lyrics with translation. LOL it was nice time :D

Yeah in Belgium we also had a magazine (zonneland) in elementary school whit songs and theire translation. :D And we where asking constantly the musicteacher to play it in the musiclesson

Oxygene
09-02-2008, 10:10 AM
I made everyone in english class listen to the song smash :)

Rutegard
09-02-2008, 01:02 PM
I made everyone in english class listen to the song smash :)

hahaha great!!

why not bad habit? :p

i did !! it was possible LOL

iPunk247
09-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Pretty bitchin'! Nice & Neat. quite indeed. Education for the offspring alliance.

Budzy
09-03-2008, 01:53 AM
we were in the middle of wiriting essays in engrish, had my ipod in my ears blasting pretty loud already so i couldnt get distracted by anyone, and 'Disclaimer' i downloaed ages ago before i bought the album, and for some reason its incredibly loud compared to the rest of the songs.
Shuffle was on, Disclaimer came on, blasted my ears apart, the whole class heard 'LADIES AND GENTLEMAN! WELCOME TO THE DISCLAIMER' and my teacher was convinced it was my fone which got taken off me for the day. :(

Rutegard
09-03-2008, 02:41 AM
we were in the middle of wiriting essays in engrish, had my ipod in my ears blasting pretty loud already so i couldnt get distracted by anyone, and 'Disclaimer' i downloaed ages ago before i bought the album, and for some reason its incredibly loud compared to the rest of the songs.
Shuffle was on, Disclaimer came on, blasted my ears apart, the whole class heard 'LADIES AND GENTLEMAN! WELCOME TO THE DISCLAIMER' and my teacher was convinced it was my fone which got taken off me for the day. :(

AHAHAHAHA

yeah dude no one is gonna think that is a song....of course she thought it was your phone LOOL

Stylie
09-03-2008, 02:46 PM

Hahahah, poor you. Nice story. :P