PDA

View Full Version : i'm creating this thread on Google Chrome...

SaiKYoU
09-02-2008, 12:29 PM
and i fucking like it...

i've alredy found a bug related to flash banners, but it's just a beta and it's gonna rock...

Endymion
09-02-2008, 12:36 PM
i've been ranting about how i came up with the idea of having each tab be a separate process a few years ago in my operating systems class.

but then again, it's not exactly a difficult concept so i don't know why it hadn't been implemented a dozen times over by now.

so yeah, their choice of webkit = awesome, since gecko (mozilla/firefox/etc) is a pretty crappy engine for embedding or otherwise wrapping. they stole most of their UI ideas from opera. v8 sounds interesting. i don't remember anything else worth talking about.

holland25
09-02-2008, 12:51 PM
I hate Vista so I highly doubt I'll ever use it.

Homer
09-02-2008, 01:12 PM
I don't get why people hate Vista. It's actually much easier to use than XP.

Endymion
09-02-2008, 01:13 PM
protip: it's not vista-exclusive.

Bipolar Bear
09-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Chrome is of course much better than internet explorer. However, Firefox
loads pages faster. Safari is ugly. The others aren't really worth mentioning.

For now, Firefox is still superior.

Oh yeah, I don't want to look paranoid or anything, but..
I heard that Google tried to purchase Facebook to gain access to all
the information about everyone. Fortunately, Facebook disagreed.
As you all know, Google bought Youtube. What Google wants is to buy/obtain information from
the most sources possible, their surfing habits, the type of food they eat, whatever, which it can
use to make a lot of money. Furthermore, they're trying to establish a kind of monopoly over the
internet.

Would you really think they'd release a free browser for no reason?
I can notice that their browser is really enthusiastic at saving your most
accessed pages and being personalized. hmm...

Ok I'm maybe paranoid :rolleyes:
But I don't trust Google, it's getting too damn big.

Something positive? Oh, I really like the clean/simple look!

SaiKYoU
09-02-2008, 03:12 PM
bigger and bigger...

give'em some time, and they'll release a new operative syste, in a Linux way...

Splinter[PI]
09-02-2008, 03:16 PM
...and then, Google will conquer Liechtenstein.

jacknife737
09-02-2008, 06:55 PM
I for one, welcome our new google overlords.

WebDudette
09-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Beat me to it!

I'll have to check this out. I've been meaning to look at Opera too, but I'm just way to lazy.

Bipolar Bear
09-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Oh my god lol
I don't want to sound paranoid but!
Conspiracy :/

SaiKYoU
09-03-2008, 03:08 AM
anybody knows if we've to sacriface goats now??!

GreenTerror
09-03-2008, 04:09 AM
What the fuck Google has a browser now?! Why was I not aware of this? I feel so left out now.
Even if they are doing it just to get more information about users of the intertubes, it's not like they'd do it to invade your privacy. It would be like an anonymous statistical type of thing, right?
Either way, I don't give a shit. Stalk me all you want Google, just don't take my personal information or credit card number.

I love Firefox, but I'm curious as to what Google can do as a browser...

Edit: Oh lame. It's not available for Linux yet :(. Apparently, I'll get an email when it is, though.

Llamas
08-29-2009, 06:32 AM
Sorry to bump an old thread...

but Firefox had been giving me major issues lately. Facebook was fucking up beyond belief, whenever I'd type into a field here on the bbs it'd freeze for a few minutes and then all that I typed would show up backwards, youtube videos loaded amazingly slow... I tried an older version of ff and it still sucked. I recently reinstalled my OS, so I knew it wasn't my computer.

So I was like hey, maybe I'll try google chrome. And I fricken' love it. I know I'm behind the times, but I bet it's come some way since its release. It loads soooo fast, and while I was initially annoyed at the lack of a menu and much of a theme, I really enjoy its simplicity. I'm not a fan of clutter. So far, no problems with it... thumbs up.

The Talking Pie
08-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Edit: Oh lame. It's not available for Linux yet :(. Apparently, I'll get an email when it is, though.

It's available now, if you don't mind using the dev version.

GreenTerror
08-30-2009, 01:10 AM
I would if I felt like I could contribute something and help actually develop it. I'm not that skilled (yet). Otherwise, I'm not a big fan of buggy software. I can be patient.

Jebus
08-30-2009, 03:39 AM
I seriously need to buff up my programming skills. I have a million ideas for firefox add-ons that I'm not sure how I would implement. Fuckit. I'm go read a guide right now on how to get started. Maybe I could figure out one of my simpler ideas.

The Talking Pie
08-30-2009, 06:12 AM
I'm not a big fan of buggy software.

It's not really much more buggy than the Windows version was when it was first released (and it's improving dramatically with each nightly build). I think you use Ubuntu, right? It's updated most days in the repositories. I use it at work for my primary browser. Works fine except for printing. And you can always file bug reports if you feel the need to contribute.

Sorry if that seems pushy... I've just been really impressed with what's effectively still an alpha version.

GreenTerror
08-31-2009, 05:42 PM
It's not really much more buggy than the Windows version was when it was first released (and it's improving dramatically with each nightly build). I think you use Ubuntu, right? It's updated most days in the repositories. I use it at work for my primary browser. Works fine except for printing. And you can always file bug reports if you feel the need to contribute.

Sorry if that seems pushy... I've just been really impressed with what's effectively still an alpha version.

Very true. Maybe I will give it a shot.