PDA

View Full Version : Third Single?

bighead384
09-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Which song should be the third single?

KHWHD
09-03-2008, 12:17 PM
I like Half-Truism, but I think Kristy, Are You Doing Okay? will be the third.

mrs_hollandova
09-03-2008, 12:21 PM
I love Fix you! Idea for video: Dexter in bed :p Thats enough.

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4940/bedng6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Imagine this song in winter - just great! Snow is falling, Dexter is singing, hmmmmmm.

Szandi
09-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Half-Truism

Bipolar Bear
09-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Half-Truism should be third, in my opinion.
If not, Kristy.
Those two songs would be the most popular and would therefore be thebest choice for singles.
HOWEVER, if it was only a matter of taste, SHIT IS FUCKED UP all the way :cool:

medi01
09-03-2008, 01:15 PM
trust in you or kristy or half truism. my note went for trust in you of the three though...its just sooo awesome

cool 2 hate 681
09-03-2008, 01:16 PM
i voted half truism

jacknife737
09-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Kristy would be the safest bet, but i'd like to see Half Truism end up as the thrid single.

F@ BANKZ
09-03-2008, 01:26 PM
The only opening track ever to become a single was The Meaning Of Life. I wonder if it could happen again. Personally I believe that Truism would be most appropriate.

Rooster
09-03-2008, 01:27 PM
I'd like to see Half-Truism being the third single. Or Trust In You...

Cock Joke
09-03-2008, 01:59 PM
I think either A Lot Like Me or Kristy.

bighead384
09-03-2008, 02:13 PM
I really don't want Kristy to become the next single, or really a single at all. I don't see it being that successful on radio, nor do I think the song is anything special. I personally think Rock Bottom is awesome (love that huge bridge section), but a lot of people don't seem to like that one too much. So I think Half-Truism is the best bet.

Venezuelan_Nightmare
09-03-2008, 02:50 PM
And which is the second single?

Alex101
09-03-2008, 03:29 PM
I chose "Stuff Is Messed Up", since it's been played on KROQ's Furious 5 @ 9.

jacknife737
09-03-2008, 03:40 PM
And which is the second single?

There hasn't been an official announcement yet, but it's safe to say that You're Gonna Go Far, Kid is the second single from RAFRAG.

Cock Joke
09-03-2008, 08:51 PM
The more I think about it, the more I think Half-Truism should be the third single. It's arguably the most powerful song on the album, and it could potentially dominate the radio! They should really get that one out there, pronto!

Ryder1234
09-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Nothingtown. Good song, and I have a feeling a video for it would get a lot of airplay, if they are in the video, and there's not animation.

Budzy
09-04-2008, 12:31 AM
Nothingtown. Good song, and I have a feeling a video for it would get a lot of airplay, if they are in the video, and there's not animation.

agreed. voted for it aswell.

if not Nothingtown then it should be Half truism or A Lot Like Me.

kristy is the dullest song on the album, i even like fix you more. I hope it doesnt become a single.

Rutegard
09-04-2008, 03:38 AM
i'd hate the idea of kristy becoming a single....

i want HT trust in you or takes me nowhere to become singles!!

btw i voted for HT, blame me :rolleyes:

offspring_freak_3
09-04-2008, 07:01 AM
i'd hate the idea of kristy becoming a single....

i want HT trust in you or takes me nowhere to become singles!!

btw i voted for HT, blame me :rolleyes:

i second that. i voted for half truism aswell

Drums beating in my Heart
09-04-2008, 07:17 AM
I believe Kristy would do great!!

bighead384
09-04-2008, 11:17 AM

I think Nothingtown is a decent choice, although I'm not sure if it would be the best choice. At first I thought it was trite, but then I realized there's some creative song writing techniques thrown into the mix. If you're in the mood and you blast it, it's a very fun song. Also, I agree that it would be easy to make a cool video for it.

jacknife737
09-04-2008, 01:22 PM
I think Nothingtown is a decent choice, although I'm not sure if it would be the best choice.

My feelings more or less. It's catchy, and interesting, but there are other songs on the album that seem a better fit for a single.

Free?
09-04-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm with Alex101 on Stuff Is Messed Up. Because it's an instant Offspring classic. Also I like it because it has offspringish humor, They may re-record the song for video with replacing "shit is fucked up" with "stuff is messed up" so it will not get censored. I really want to see SIMU video, would be so kickass!

bighead384
09-04-2008, 03:52 PM
I'm with Alex101 on Stuff Is Messed Up. Because it's an instant Offspring classic. Also I like it because it has offspringish humor, They may re-record the song for video with replacing "shit is fucked up" with "stuff is messed up" so it will not get censored. I really want to see SIMU video, would be so kickass!

Some of the lyrics to to SIMU are weird to me. But it is a catchy tune. I have a feeling it would be a big hit or a big miss.

Venezuelan_Nightmare
09-04-2008, 04:56 PM
There hasn't been an official announcement yet, but it's safe to say that You're Gonna Go Far, Kid is the second single from RAFRAG.

Ahhhhhh ok, no official and with all that, the peoples still thinking that this gonna be the next single... and even with it the peoples is now talking (or thinking) about the 3rd? jeez!

Smash_Returns
09-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Half-Truism third, Trust in You fourth.

Rutegard
09-05-2008, 02:56 AM
Ahhhhhh ok, no official and with all that, the peoples still thinking that this gonna be the next single... and even with it the peoples is now talking (or thinking) about the 3rd? jeez!

kinda crazy huh? LOL

Free?
09-05-2008, 08:14 AM
Some of the lyrics to to SIMU are weird to me. But it is a catchy tune. I have a feeling it would be a big hit or a big miss.
I think the only miss could be a shitty video. The song can't fail, maybe it wouldn't be on top of pop charts, but I wouldn't call it a failure, for all the Offspring fans it would be a great choice for sure, either for newcomers or veterans.

Blitzkrieg Bop
09-05-2008, 08:24 AM
I voted Kristy for the third single ... by all accounts I believe Half-Truism should be the second single even though it says on the sticker of the album 'You're Gonna Go Far, Kid'

Rutegard
09-05-2008, 08:53 AM
I voted Kristy for the third single ... by all accounts I believe Half-Truism should be the second single even though it says on the sticker of the album 'You're Gonna Go Far, Kid'

ya think so huh?...

kristy?!?!?

KRISTY?!?!

mmaannnn

we can't even jump hearing that song LOl

KHWHD
09-05-2008, 09:14 AM

You know that's really strange cause I didn't have ANY sticker on my CD.

Rutegard
09-05-2008, 09:17 AM

really?....

that's cool

i had a sticker too....but i guess those albums were attacked by some vandals LOL

your is the one that's intact :D

A LOT LIKE ME AND KRISTY?!?!?!?

what the hell!?!?! that's just wrong....really....

i hate opinions LOL :p

KHWHD
09-05-2008, 09:27 AM
I'm surprised no one picked Rock Bottom. It's one of my top 5 on the album. Love it!

Rutegard
09-05-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm surprised no one picked Rock Bottom. It's one of my top 5 on the album. Love it!

amazing!! i know lots of ppl here hate it :D

i like it a lot too :D

RGR22
09-05-2008, 10:14 AM
ya think so huh?...

kristy?!?!?

KRISTY?!?!

mmaannnn

we can't even jump hearing that song LOl

yeah but we can while listening to Stuff is messed up!! i voted for that one!

Rutegard
09-05-2008, 10:31 AM
yeah but we can while listening to Stuff is messed up!! i voted for that one!

ahahah :D

good choice, but not so good as HT

MasteR GunneR
09-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Trust in You, nuff said.

Blitzkrieg Bop
09-05-2008, 12:37 PM

That is very strange, I am sure that most of us have a sticker on our album.

Bad packaging :D

Stylie
09-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Half-Truism is a really good song, very powerfull too. Same with A Lot Like Me, but I don't know. Kristy could also be a choice. And I agree, Nothingtown is catchy and has a cool sound, many would like that. Stuff Is Messed Up - maybe.

Trust In You (I love the song, but maybe not the best single), Fix You, Rise And Fall and probably Rock Bottom would not be singles, I guess.

Capricorn4
09-05-2008, 01:02 PM
I voted for takes me nowhere but I know it won't be the third,Kristy are you.... is more possible to be the third.

bighead384
09-05-2008, 02:02 PM

Rock Bottom rules! It's so under appreciated. I don't know what the hell is wrong with people.

jacknife737
09-05-2008, 02:28 PM
I like Rock Bottom, but i don't really see it doing well as a single. Same with Trust in You, one of my favorite songs from the album, but can't see it getting much airplay. Regardless of your opinions of Kristy, that song is fucking built to be a single, I can seriously see it being played on non alt-rock radio, a la Time of Your Life. However, i still feel that pick would be too "safe", i really hope they put out Half Truism.

bighead384
09-05-2008, 05:03 PM
I like Rock Bottom, but i don't really see it doing well as a single. Same with Trust in You, one of my favorite songs from the album, but can't see it getting much airplay. Regardless of your opinions of Kristy, that song is fucking built to be a single, I can seriously see it being played on non alt-rock radio, a la Time of Your Life. However, i still feel that pick would be too "safe", i really hope they put out Half Truism.

I'm not really as confident that Kristy would be so well received. I have even more doubts that it will make them new fans or convince people to go out and buy the album. I just don't think that Kristy is the kind of song that the general public wants to hear from The Offspring. It's really emo and deals with uncomfortable subject matter. Also, I'm sorry but I must say that I find a couple lines from the song to be very trite. And while I agree it's catchy, it's not like it's something that I absolutely cannot get out of my head.

jacknife737
09-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Also, I'm sorry but I must say that I find a couple lines from the song to be very trite. And while I agree it's catchy, it's not like it's something that I absolutely cannot get out of my head.

Fair enough, i'm not going to argue that it's the greatest song that the band has ever written, nor is it even close to being the best song on RAFRAG, it just seem to scream "single" at me. But to each their own.

bighead384
09-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Fair enough, i'm not going to argue that it's the greatest song that the band has ever written, nor is it even close to being the best song on RAFRAG, it just seem to scream "single" at me. But to each their own.

Yeah, to be honest, I consider Kristy to be a safe bet for a top 10 hit on both modern and mainstream rock stations, so I agree that to some extent it screams single. It's just that I think there's other more exciting songs on RFRAG.

iPunk247
09-06-2008, 08:36 AM
absolutely: difficulty choice of a third single song but fuck it me valid vote goes for kristy and a fourth?!....

r0Lo
09-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Dexter said the third will be Kristy..

He said that In The acoustic show

bighead384
09-06-2008, 11:31 AM

I hope you're wrong. You're not making that up are you? I can't imagine him saying that for some reason, no offense.

Blitzkrieg Bop
09-06-2008, 11:41 AM

Dexter said that it might be, during the 93.3 WMMR Studios interview in Philadelphia

scream
09-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Considering that Hammerhead is getting tons of play time here in San Francisco still, YGGFK is just a few spots below it on the local playlist, HT might be a good pick for the next song. It embodies a sound closer to Hammerhead I think. As for mass audience appeal Kristy is the choice. Come on, who wouldn't like that song?

SyLeS
09-06-2008, 12:13 PM
I want it to be Nothingtown or Half-truism, but i know its gonna be kristy...

bighead384
09-06-2008, 01:03 PM
I wonder if they have some sort of way to test how successful a single will be, at Columbia records or something.

KHWHD
09-06-2008, 01:04 PM
I love Fix you! Idea for video: Dexter in bed :p Thats enough.

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4940/bedng6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Imagine this song in winter - just great! Snow is falling, Dexter is singing, hmmmmmm.

I think I'd rather see Dexters 'real' body than that fake one. Eugh.

Rutegard
09-06-2008, 02:05 PM
I think I'd rather see Dexters 'real' body than that fake one. Eugh.

quoted for truth!!!