PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome

RODNEYMULLEN
09-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Don't even waste your time on this. First off it's got a whole shit load of issues. It mostly has problems with flash. It constantly crashes when your watching youtube, hulu, fancast, etc... And also it doesn't have like a main menu bar. There's no file, edit, view, etc... And it also runs alot slower than ie or firefox. Maybe in a few years i'll try it again but after 10 minutes of trying it i took it off my computer. And also even though i set it not as my default browser, it somehow became my default browser. It might get better, but until then i'm sticking with ie and firefox. And everytime you click a link it opens a new tab, and i hate that.

metalmania
09-03-2008, 03:20 PM
firefox's okay so nevermind em all ;)

nieh
09-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Apparently it also prevents you from being able to reply to threads that already exist.

drex878
09-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Apparently it also prevents you from being able to reply to threads that already exist.

Win. 101010

The Talking Pie
09-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Don't even waste your time on this. First off it's got a whole shit load of issues.

It's Beta software. That about covers the replies to all of your other points, too.

Bipolar Bear
09-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Don't even waste your time on this. First off it's got a whole shit load of issues. It mostly has problems with flash. It constantly crashes when your watching youtube, hulu, fancast, etc... And also it doesn't have like a main menu bar. There's no file, edit, view, etc... And it also runs alot slower than ie or firefox. Maybe in a few years i'll try it again but after 10 minutes of trying it i took it off my computer. And also even though i set it not as my default browser, it somehow became my default browser. It might get better, but until then i'm sticking with ie and firefox. And everytime you click a link it opens a new tab, and i hate that.

Yeah..I agree that it isn't customizable enough. I don't want it to save so much of my favorite sites and history :D but you can't change it. Also, firefox loads pages faster. Try with the Offspring site for example and compare.

I also love my add-ons on firefox.
Yeah...

Cock Joke
09-03-2008, 09:44 PM
I downloaded it today. I tried it for only 5 seconds, give or take, and I like it so far. But yea I'm sure I'll be frustrated with it as I'm frustrated with so many technological stuff.

Just remember, tho, it's only a beta. When the real deal comes out then we can complain! ;)

Lizardus
09-04-2008, 12:15 AM
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9469/foxinsojckscopybw3.jpgChrome wolf: I can't let you do that, nieh.

Thomas
09-04-2008, 12:31 AM
So far I'm loving it. It's nice and simplified and it made everything about 4 or 5 times faster. And I've had no problems with youtube videos, and I've watched quite a few tonight.

The Talking Pie
09-04-2008, 01:50 PM
The threaded tabs feature is also awesome. At work we run one of my PHP scripts which by its nature has to load countless megabytes of graphics into memory, as well as load inline-frame Flash content, all within one window/tab. In IE/Firefox response times for button clicks are close to three seconds, whereas today with Chrome they were instantaneous.

Splinter[PI]
09-04-2008, 02:06 PM
@Thomas/The Talking Pie:

read this. (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.20min.ch%2Fdigital%2F webpage%2Fstory%2F15224875&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&sl=de&tl=en)

you'll probably change your mind about google chrome.

PS: it's translated with google translator, so maybe there are a few mistakes.

The Talking Pie
09-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Have you read the page (Google's privacy page) from which this scaremongering was inspired? It's all standard stuff. I'd be more worried about what information my ISP collects than Google. Hell, Google Web History was more of a 'worry' than this.

Bipolar Bear
09-04-2008, 02:50 PM
More paranoid rambling:

I heard this theory that Google could give a free cell phone to every American, with no monthly fee. In exchange, they would give you adverts as you walked close to commercial places, etc. And of course, Google would use information from how you use your phone and the calls you make to know more about the population.

SaiKYoU
09-04-2008, 03:42 PM
for paranoids:

isnt the same getting spied by google, that getting spied by mozilla or microsoft??!!

for curious:

type about:internets on the browser

Bipolar Bear
09-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Firefox is really trustworthy, since it's open source and if any of those things existed in it everyone would know about it already.
It isn't really a commercial browser.

JohnnyNemesis
09-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Chrome is open source. And beta.

Bipolar Bear
09-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Yeah thanks, it's BETA & open source for now. But the point is, they will probably start collecting information when the full, non-open source version is released and popular.

Endymion
09-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah thanks, it's BETA & open source for now. But the point is, they will probably start collecting information when the full, non-open source version is released and popular.

they're not going to release a closed source version, and they're not going to collect information. it would be a waste of time. the point of chrome is to allow you to easily use google web apps at regular desktop apps, and THAT'S how they'll collect the information. "what's that, google spreadsheet runs outside of the browser? i can just have a link on my desktop and it opens like a regular application? and chrome saves the apps via gears et al so i can run it without a net connection?" and boom, you start using gmail/docs/calendar/spreadsheet/etc instead of outlook/word/outlook/excel/etc.