PDA

View Full Version : Giraffes? Giraffes! song vs. song

coke_a_holic
09-04-2008, 01:19 PM
lol omg.

"I am s/h(im)e[r] as you am s/h(im)e[r] as you are me and we am I and I are all our together: Our collective consciousness’ psychogenic fugue"

vs.

"…And then she look’d down and saw miniature houses and miniature people and inside the miniature people were miniature hearts pumping blood through miniature veins (her mouth was watery and wet)"

nieh
09-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Those are two of the few songs I've heard by those guys, but I can't remember how the first one went off the top of my head. I want to buy all their stuff but haven't gotten around to it yet.

coke_a_holic
09-04-2008, 01:25 PM
http://www.giraffesgiraffes.com/Music.html

Free downloads! I only have the free cd they have up and a couple songs off of the other cd.

Regardless, ridiculously long song titles are funny.

Endymion
09-04-2008, 01:52 PM
I Am S/H(im)e[r] As You Am S/H(im)e[r] As You Are Me And We Am I And I Are All Our Together: Our Collective Consciousness' Psychogenic fugue.

Fucking ants man! Where they coming from? (Letís hang the Carroll footnoteitsists)
vs
She looked up from examining the freckles on her and shouted, ďJesus! Iím fucking god-damn tired of all this make-up sex!Ē and he just stared off.

also, did i introduce you to giraffes? giraffes!?

nieh
09-04-2008, 02:07 PM
I know you introduced me to them.

coke_a_holic
09-04-2008, 04:17 PM
You name-dropped them once and I was like "holy shit, that is the best band name I've ever heard!" Two years later or something like that, someone uploaded Superbass!!!, so I grabbed it. I didn't like the music very much, it wasn't bad or anything, just not my style. The song names are just... too good, though.

Also:

She looked up from examining the freckles on her and shouted, “Jesus! I’m fucking god-damn tired of all this make-up sex!” and he just stared off.

When the catholic girls go camping, the nicotine vampires rule supreme.
vs.
TOMHANKS’S’ES(EM)ANTICS’ES’S

Autonomist
09-05-2008, 05:58 AM
There is no way I'm not checking this band out right now.