PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe??

KHWHD
09-07-2008, 08:33 AM
In ghosts that is? It's something that I've been very interested in for many many years. If you believe, have you ever seen one or experienced some kind of paranormal activity?

wheelchairman
09-07-2008, 09:01 AM
No I don't believe. Most recorded incidents have been proven falsified, as have many instances of poltergeists in the past.

I think those who believe want to believe. That doesn't really bother me either. Perhaps it's comforting to know that loved ones don't disappear for ever, or even if you believe in an after life that you have some knowledge of an afterlife.

T-6005
09-07-2008, 09:05 AM
In life after love?

metalmania
09-07-2008, 09:12 AM
:eek::eek::p:D

Free?
09-07-2008, 09:15 AM
I don't remember anything mysterious happened to me, however I find myself remembering some things that are going to happen sometimes, I think that I saw them in dreams. But maybe it's just an illusion and "my mind plays tricks on me", I don't believe in ghosts as people used to imagine them.

The funny thing was that as I opened this thread I saw Dexter's photo on Shank's avatar, then "Dexter is NOT fat!!" -> "Do you believe??" =)

killer_queen
09-07-2008, 09:34 AM
I do love ghost stories and I think world would be a much more interesting place if ghosts did exist but I don't believe in them. And I don't mind if some people do. It's not that crazy.

Tired_Of_You
09-07-2008, 10:15 AM
No. As of yet, I haven't seen or read of anything that would make me believe since the stories always turn up to be false.

On a side note, my mother says our house is haunted and that she has seen shadows and felt someone touching her. I have yet to see something interesting happening in this house.

lost_nvrfound
09-07-2008, 11:37 AM
I used to be really afraid of ghosts. I don't believe they exist anymore. But some of the stories people tell still give me the chills.

Andy
09-07-2008, 11:53 AM
In life after love?

I can feel something inside me say I really dont think you're strong enough, no!

Sunny
09-07-2008, 12:22 PM
I can feel something inside me say I really dont think you're strong enough, no!

beat me to it. h8!

as for the actual thread.. ha. i don't actually believe in ghosts, although... hey, it's always a possibility, i guess. ;p my mens and i had a similar conversation yesterday walking through a deserted industrial area... like, wouldn't it be cool if it was haunted? ;D i love ghost stories and i love being scared while visiting supposedly haunted sites. i've seen/heard creepy stuff before, but i don't think they were actual paranormal experiences. just me being a scaredy-cat. ;D

Jakebert
09-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Do you believe in that sweet sensation? Do you believe in second chance? Do you beleeeeeive in rapture, babe?

<3 Sonic Youth.

0r4ng3
09-07-2008, 01:10 PM
I believe in Harvey Dent.

KHWHD
09-07-2008, 01:49 PM
My parents along with my sister and myself have witnessed and experienced a few things years ago in an old apartment when we were kids and also in the house my parents live in now.

Years ago when my sis and I were about 6-7 years old, we lived above a store in an apartment. I remember there was this light in my parents bedroom, it would go on and off. I remember my Dad would yell "turn off" and "turn on." And it would, I kid you not. My parents swear that apartment was haunted.

Now in the house they've lived in for 20+ years is even "stranger." Years ago when my sis and I were probably about 14-15 years old we bought a Ouija board. We were playing with it in the livingroom - calling ghosts (or so we thought we were.) Then we went out to the kitchen, every single kitchen cupboard was open and no one was even out there - our parents weren't home. That scared the living shit out of us and we never touched one again.

Also in their house, the T.V. goes on and off by itself. The radio in the kitchen goes on and off. Mom has seen shadows when she's the only one home. I remember a T.V. I had in my room go on and off a couple of times. Mom & Dad told me that years ago an old lady died in that house.

But I've never actually physically seen a ghost.

When I lived at my old apartment a few strange things happened too. My kids had this Elmo doll that was going on and off (it talks) a few nights in a row. This Elmo doll can't go on and off unless you physically push the button on his hand or foot. It was sitting in the stroller and no was was even near it. The girls were in bed, and I was in the livingroom.

We took pics. and apparently there were "orbs" in the pics. This all happened a couple days after my sis's boyfriend was killed in a motorcycle accident. I sent the pics. to a paranormalist and she said they were "orbs" and not dust particles. :eek:

Cock Joke
09-07-2008, 02:28 PM
I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in UFO's. I mean, how are we the only planet with life on it? That's just not likely.

Endymion
09-07-2008, 02:33 PM
so my stepmom and her sister think that their parents' basement/guestroom is haunted. they stay in a hotel whenever they visit their parents. however, if my dad goes with my stepmom it's ok because he scares the ghost away.

lost_nvrfound
09-07-2008, 03:20 PM
My sister is convinced that the apartment we lived in until this past spring is haunted.

jacknife737
09-07-2008, 03:28 PM
I personally have not experienced any “paranormal” encounters, nor do I believe in ghosts or any of that similar stuff. Although a friend of mine claimed to have seen a UFO once in Northern Ontario, near his cottage, although i suspect he was severely intoxicated at the time.

Bipolar Bear
09-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Whether they exist or not is debatable, but it's nothing to worry about because
I never heard of anyone getting harmed by a ghost or anything. First of all,
I don't believe in them, secondly, if I did I wouldn't be scared. I don't think
anyone should be either.

KHWHD
09-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Whether they exist or not is debatable, but it's nothing to worry about because
I never heard of anyone getting harmed by a ghost or anything. First of all,
I don't believe in them, secondly, if I did I wouldn't be scared. I don't think
anyone should be either.

You can say that now because you haven't seen a ghost or experienced anything to do with the paranormal. You're still young..... lots of time.

Bipolar Bear
09-07-2008, 04:05 PM
You can say that now because you haven't seen a ghost or experienced anything to do with the paranormal. You're still young..... lots of time.

Maybe. Have the "ghosts" done anything wrong to you or your family?
I don't think so. Actually, I know someone who says she's seen ghosts
where she works but she isn't scared of them at all.

I guess I just have to wait to see a ghost now for my opinion to count more haha

dff_punk
09-07-2008, 04:07 PM
The more you believe in ghosts, the bigger amount of them you see.

KHWHD
09-07-2008, 04:19 PM
The more you believe in ghosts, the bigger amount of them you see.

Not necessarily true. I believe in ghosts, but I've never seen one. I have seen/heard strange unknown things happen, but still haven't seen one.

KHWHD
09-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Maybe. Have the "ghosts" done anything wrong to you or your family?
I don't think so. Actually, I know someone who says she's seen ghosts
where she works but she isn't scared of them at all.

I guess I just have to wait to see a ghost now for my opinion to count more haha

No, they haven't done anything wrong to my family or myself. But you can still be scard yano. ;)

dff_punk
09-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Not necessarily true. I believe in ghosts, but I've never seen one. I have seen/heard strange unknown things happen, but still haven't seen one.

I shoulda replaced "see" with "imagine". See?

come out swinging
09-07-2008, 08:45 PM
I do believe in ghost. In my old house, i did hear foot steps in my room when i was home alone. It was weird. I believe that ghost exist because they died in a way they did not want, they did not want to leave a place. Go to Gettysburg Pennsylvania. A lot people died their in 3 days. Their are videos on you tube on it.

Conspiracyof1000
09-07-2008, 09:31 PM
I believe in ghosts, because of several things:

Strange noises when I'm the only one home and all of my dogs are in the same room as me, ruling out the answer of it being them.

My TV likes to turn on and off by itself, and sometimes it won't turn on even if I push the button. Sometimes it turns on moments after I turn my back.

Caps like to fly off bottles in the kitchen, and everywhere in the house.

Items that I leave in plain sight disappear for weeks (once for months) at a time, only to reappear in the place I would never look. This one has been proven true, so you can't just say I forget where I put stuff. My mom and dad saw me put my sketchbook on the rack we keep school supplies on, and it somehow wound up in the cabinet next to the family TV weeks after I thought I lost it.

KHWHD
09-07-2008, 09:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xlyofmznOs&feature=related

Conspiracyof1000
09-07-2008, 10:08 PM

I was afraid that was going to be a screamer, but wow.

KHWHD
09-07-2008, 10:29 PM
I was afraid that was going to be a screamer, but wow.

I wouldn't do that, believe me. I just watched one like that and it scared the living shit out of me. I was PISSED. :mad:

Bipolar Bear
09-07-2008, 10:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-6m9KwipWo

JoY
09-09-2008, 10:55 AM
I think I've told this story before, but anyways;
my grandmother once lost her wedding ring while gardening. she was, of course, majorly upset & looked for it the entire day, as long as there was still daylight. that evening my grandfather came home, tried to comfort her & said they would look for it together the next day. but that night something weird happened. he woke up in the middle of the night, sat up straight & he said something that was almost like a code. "behind the right leaf of the second plant on the left in the middle", or whichever, something like that. he asked for a flashlight, went outside in his pj's & exactly where he said the ring would be, there it was. like the ring didn't only symbolise their connection, but actually formed a connection between my grandmother & grandfather.

one time I was on the tram, on my way home from university, when some hobo walked in at one of the stops. I was thinking; "hope he won't sit down next to me", but that was exactly what he did. he almost immediately started telling me about his hip, that it had been bothering him for years, where it hurt, everything. I said I sympathised, but asked why he was telling me all this. he replied; "but you study medicine, don't you?" for a second it became hard to breathe, but then I recovered, thinking he might've seen one of my books, or had overheard a phonecall, or something. still, I wasn't feeling entirely comfortable.
I sat the ride out & then hurried to the door, apologised that I had to interrupt him in his story, but that it was my stop. he said; "well yes of course, you need to go home, where your boyfriend waits for you with a pack of Davidoff cigarettes". my god, somehow he even knew my brand of cigarettes! I rushed home, found my (now ex-)boyfriend waiting there for me, asked him if he'd bought a pack of Davidoff for me, after which he said; "oh I'm sorry, they were out of Davidoff, so I bought you Marlboro Reds, hope that's okay". I've never been so relieved. the man had actually been wrong about something. not that it wasn't spooky already.

edit; telling these stories is actually a whole lot easier than answering the question. there's a program here in the Netherlands, the sixth sense, where people who claim to have that sixth sense are put to the test, like describing crime scenes, finding a loved one in a labyrinth, tracking a person in an empty amusement park within a short amount of time, etc. especially the crime scenes are spectacular to watch. some of them are incredibly accurate & tell stuff that's only in police reports. I don't know how to explain those kind of things & I don't really feel the need to explain them. apparently we can't explain everything & that's fine by me.

syyr*boi
09-09-2008, 11:56 AM
I believe in shit:D

Offspring-Junkie
09-09-2008, 12:04 PM

I don't know what that was all about, but it was boring. Like a stupid mirror. Why were they recording at all?

KHWHD
09-09-2008, 12:13 PM
I don't know what that was all about, but it was boring. Like a stupid mirror. Why were they recording at all?

You were looking IN the trees right? You can see someone or something walking IN through the trees.

Offspring-Junkie
09-09-2008, 12:22 PM
I don't recogize a single tree, just something shady in this "wood". That could be any cheap effect.

KHWHD
09-09-2008, 12:51 PM
I don't recogize a single tree, just something shady in this "wood". That could be any cheap effect.

Then what are you looking at? Those ARE trees we're looking at. :rolleyes: :p

Vball_Rocker
09-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Ghost stories and sighting are straight fucked. I almost thought I "witnessed" one once, then decided I wasn't going to claim some bullshit I couldn't prove. =]

Endymion
09-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Then what are you looking at? Those ARE trees we're looking at. :rolleyes: :p

it's a grainy video of what appears to be a treeline and some random discolorations. it could have been the wind blowing something. or actual people, trying to spook the idiots sitting out in the cold looking for ghosts.

Sofinch
09-11-2008, 03:47 AM
I love to see those thing on Tv or read a about it
but I don't really believe in it. In think death is death (did I wrote death right? ;))