Download:

5.Something To Believe In
Status - Not Done
Drums:
Guitar: Randman21
Bass:
Vox: ilovellamas
Download:

6.Come Out And Play (Keep 'Em Seperated)
Status - Completed
Drums: ad8
Guitar: Ryder1234
Bass: ZSK
Vox: Les Paul Girl, Homer (backing)
Download: Right Click, Save File As (http://www.servercrashers.com/music/Come%20Out%20And%20Play.mp3)

7.Self Esteem
Status - Not Done
Drums: Ryder1234 (Done)
Guitar: _Lost_
Bass: coke_a_holic
Vox: _Lost_
Download:

8.It'll Be A Long Time
Status - Not Done
Drums: Thomas
Bass:
Vox:outerspaceman21
Download:

9.Killboy Powerhead
Status - Not Done
Drums: Static_Martyr (maybe)
Bass:
Vox: Steve
Download:

10.What Happened To You?
Status - DONE
Drums: wrc307
Bass: Ryder1234
Vox: Ryder1234
Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SKBHF9OW

11.So Alone
Status - Not Done
Drums:
Guitar: _Lost_
Bass:
Vox:Outerspaceman21
Download:

12.Not The One
Status - Not The One
Guitar: Superdope
Vox: Superdope, ilovellamas
Download:

13.Smash
Status - Not Done
Drums: coke_a_holic (??)
Bass: coke_a_holic (??)
Vox:Dexter_italy
Download:

14.COAP Reprise (aka hidden track)
Status - DONE
Drums: Ryder1234
Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NYG1VA1E

lost_nvrfound
09-07-2008, 07:27 PM
shouldn't we finish the other one first?

Either way, I call Gotta Get Away

EDIT: and self esteem

Ryder1234
09-07-2008, 07:27 PM
We have all the time in the world to do them.

lost_nvrfound
09-07-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm actually gonna play guitar for this one. I think I might do an acoustic version of GGA. That would be nifty.

Ryder1234
09-07-2008, 07:31 PM
I'll do the guitar for COAP too, but I'm not taking over.

lost_nvrfound
09-07-2008, 07:35 PM
I'll do the guitar for COAP too, but I'm not taking over.

for some reason, i can't play that song. I just can't seem to get it right.

Cause you've got to get it right...

Ryder1234
09-07-2008, 07:59 PM
No way out...

I can get it pretty much perfect. It's pretty easy for me.

lost_nvrfound
09-07-2008, 08:06 PM
No way out...

I can get it pretty much perfect. It's pretty easy for me.

i can play all of their other songs reasonably well... for some reason i jsut can't get coap

Ryder1234
09-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Yeah. I can't get A Thousand Days. That one's always troubled me.

come out swinging
09-07-2008, 08:59 PM
After looking at my guitar book. i pick So Alone. Only 4 chords to the song.:) I pick up a slide at the guitar store tomor with some picks. Im using a thin pick that is pretty bent and very thin. I like it tho. and a heavy bass pick that is alright to use. I have been using the same picks for a 2 yrs.:eek:

lost_nvrfound
09-07-2008, 09:03 PM
I play GGA fairly well

I love that song cause its sooo groovy

Ryder1234
09-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah. I can play the drums for it. Although I dont have any drums.

lost_nvrfound
09-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Yeah. I can play the drums for it. Although I dont have any drums.

so can i... its not a difficult song

Ryder1234
09-07-2008, 09:11 PM
i can play drums for self esteem as well... maybe gone away. thats about it.

Static_Martyr
09-07-2008, 10:13 PM
I want Nitro (Youth Energy). That's such an underrated song; I'll do my best to do it justice.

I'm gonna do better this time; keep it down to one song.

dff_punk
09-08-2008, 04:18 AM
I'm actually gonna play guitar for this one. I think I might do an acoustic version of GGA. That would be nifty.

We should totally do an acoustic album at some point, with various Offspring songs.

lost_nvrfound
09-08-2008, 08:40 AM
That would be so cool! Like, we could do the Greatest hits in acoustic.

dff_punk
09-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Hell yeah, Greatest Hits plus some fan favorites ;)

Anyway, I could participate in this, but due to my terrible sound card and electric guitar problems at this time, I could only do an acoustic version of some song(as I already did for two in this thread (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32442)).

drummerbecca
09-08-2008, 01:48 PM
I'll do bass and drums for Bad Habit :)

Gustavo
09-08-2008, 02:04 PM
I would love to help you guys with it.
Specially with Genocide, I know it's already been chosen by Ryder.
But, what can I do to help?

And of course, I can always help with artwork. ^^

drummerbecca
09-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Nitro [Youth Energy]
Bad Habit (drummerbecca, need guitars+vox)
Gotta Get Away (lost_nvrfound)
Genocide (ryder, need help)
Something To Believe In
Come Out And Play [Keep 'em Separated]
Self Esteem
It'll Be A Long Time
Killboy Powerhead
What Happened To You? (ryder, need help)
So Alone
Not The One
Smash (ryder, need help)

I should have the electronic kit until Sunday, so if anyone wants drums for anything here then let me know and I'll try to throw something together. Think the others should be ok though cos you're doing drums, right Static? :)

Static_Martyr
09-08-2008, 03:56 PM
^You *totally* forgot to give me Nitro (Youth Energy)....

Ryder1234
09-08-2008, 09:08 PM
I updated the first post. And I'll be redoing Genocide, for those of you who knew I already did it.

drummerbecca
09-09-2008, 05:22 AM
^You *totally* forgot to give me Nitro (Youth Energy)....

Sorry man :)
I would've updated the first post but, er, I couldn't :p

Static_Martyr
09-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Ah, it's no deal. Just wanted to make sure before some unwitting soul dropped by and laid claim to Nitro (Youth Energy). That's one of the ones I don't listen to as much on this album, and I think this would be the perfect opportunity to get to know it better~

Ryder1234
09-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Update: I'm no longer gonna do WHTY?, I changed it to COAP.

Ryder1234
09-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Anyone want to do the drums and bass for Smash for me?

lost_nvrfound
09-13-2008, 01:53 PM
I kind of wanna do So Alone.

Ryder1234
09-13-2008, 02:45 PM
I can help out with that one. But it'd be the last song for me.

Gustavo
09-13-2008, 06:34 PM
What kind of help does Ryder need with Genocide?

Gustavo
09-13-2008, 06:35 PM
I would love to (try to) do Self Esteem too! :)
Maybe some part of the vocals or backing vocals.
I don't know.

Maybe we could try a male and a female singing together.

Ryder1234
09-14-2008, 01:05 PM
For Genocide, I need bass, drums, and vox.

EDIT: Actually, you know what? I have a bass track for you, and I'm giving you Genocide. I did a bass track for my original cover of the song, and If you play along to the real song, it should match up.

I'll take Killboy now.

ANDiTKO
09-23-2008, 07:29 PM
HERE (http://offspringbootlegs.info/downloads/index.php?dir=audio/Offspringbootlegs%20Studio/Gotta%20Get%20Away/) is my Gotta Get Away Instrumental.

Drums: VST drum machine (Superior Drummer 2.0 (http://www.google.gr/url?q=http://www.toontrack.com/s20.asp&sa=X&oi=smap&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=2&usg=AFQjCNHdZHUbbOuTrcBd-3B3QaI6haJMOg)).Programmed in MIDI but they sound cool and natural.I have added some effects and compressation so they sound more like the original ones.
Bass:Midi (Custom Ibanez SoundFont)
Guitars:Ibanez RG 370 DX,Amp:Marshall valvestate 80,Effect pedal:MArshall Jackhammer JH-1,Mic:Thomson M151 dynamic microphone

So please let me know if you like the sound.I tried to do some offspring guitar simulation ;)

lost_nvrfound
09-24-2008, 08:42 AM
I was gonna try to do most or all of Gotta Get Away on my own actually. I've got a long weekend coming up and I was planning to spend a day or two on it at home. I've got a kit and this is one of the few songs I can actually play on it. And my dad has a sweet bass rig.

Redjie
09-24-2008, 08:46 AM
Ah, I would love to help you guys but my guitar skills still kinda suck... maybe in the end of this year they become a bit better :D well, I liked the work you guys did on the other ones, even if it's not finished :D

ANDiTKO
09-24-2008, 03:17 PM
I was gonna try to do most or all of Gotta Get Away on my own actually. I've got a long weekend coming up and I was planning to spend a day or two on it at home. I've got a kit and this is one of the few songs I can actually play on it. And my dad has a sweet bass rig.

Cool.GGA Its 83% Completed [Look (http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1527/ggabj1.png)]
You can redo the Bass if you want and i will replace it :)

lost_nvrfound
09-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Cool.GGA Its 83% Completed [Look (http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1527/ggabj1.png)]

I'm going to do all of it though. Guitar, bass, drums, and vocals...

randman21
09-26-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm excited! In the coming days (hopefully tomorrow), I will be getting a Shure SM57 mic and a mixer, so I'll be able to offer guitars and vocals to whomever wants them. Once I get 'em, I'll actually read the thread and see how this process is working.

darea
09-26-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm excited! In the coming days (hopefully tomorrow), I will be getting a Shure SM57 mic and a mixer, so I'll be able to offer guitars and vocals to whomever wants them. Once I get 'em, I'll actually read the thread and see how this process is working.

cool! that is exciting, as I can't wait to here more stuff of yours, after all my nagging...

ANDiTKO
09-26-2008, 06:14 PM

Why do you want to do all alone again?Dont you like mine instumentals, or you just dont want to collaborate?

Anyways ....
Here (http://offspringbootlegs.info/downloads/index.php?dir=audio/Offspringbootlegs%20Studio/Gotta%20Get%20Away/) is a demo of our Gotta Get Away cover

Credits:
Vocals by:MikeRamone
Drums by:ANDiTKO
Bass by:ANDiTKO
Guitars by:ANDiTKO
Mastering by:ANDiTKO

Biggest offspring fan
09-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Why do you want to do all alone again?Dont you like mine instumentals, or you just dont want to collaborate?

Anyways ....
Here (http://offspringbootlegs.info/downloads/index.php?dir=audio/Offspringbootlegs%20Studio/Gotta%20Get%20Away/) is a demo of our Gotta Get Away cover

Credits:

Great man! Im stoked! Sounds awsome!

Ryder1234
09-26-2008, 06:38 PM

Cause It'd be a challenge for someone who doesn't normally play some or all of the instruments. It's fun. And she called it first.

Static_Martyr
09-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Hey, Ryder, I have kind of an awkward request....

...can I borrow Killboy Powerhead?

I mean, the actual singer in my band (Steve) wanted to do a song from Rise and Fall for that cover album, but we couldn't get together enough to actually do anything. I told him about the Smash topic and he said he really wanted to do Killboy Powerhead. It would just be the vocals; you could still do all the guitars and stuff, or whatever you were going to do.

So maybe can I please?

Ryder1234
09-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Yeah, I need vocals anyways. I was only gonna do the guitars :)

lost_nvrfound
09-26-2008, 10:59 PM

First off, fuck off! You're the one trying to make the entire song yourself without letting anyone have a say. I said early on that I was gonna play some guitar on this album, since I haven't so far on RAFRAG. Though if no one has done it by the time I go home again, I may do the guitar for YGGFK. I pretty much beast at it.

AND

Because I called it, and how we've been doing is that the person who calls it determines how it is made. Just like how I wanted to do an acoustic version of Nothingtown (which is just about done) so since I called it, it was just me and kevin.

Anyways, I'd like to be able to contribute more than just my second rate voice.

Finally, you can't just come in here and try to take over. You were invited to participate, but this is our project as a group. And to be honest, for a lot of it, Kevin, Free?,and I have been calling the shots and making the rules. If you want to take charge of a song, pick one that hasn't been called already. Otherwise, just let everyone know what you have to offer, and people may get you to help with their songs with a track or two. Despite what it looks like, I know and have been keeping everyone updated on exactly what progress has been made on songs for RAFRAG and Kevin has been doing the same for Smash. The way we've got it now HAS been working. If you have a problem with that, go somewhere else and continue making your own crappy covers. Ours are doing just fine. They don't need to be disturbed by someone trying to change everything. They've got a good vibe. Don't fuck with it...

Besides, you totally shit all over the intro to Gotta Get Away.

Ryder1234
09-26-2008, 11:09 PM
AHAHAHAHA! That was awesome!

So yeah, how's Nothingtown going? I thought It'd be done by now. Have you just not done the vocals yet, or you just can't get it to sound right or what?

And ANDiTKO, if you don't know what songs have been called check the list in the first post, I've been updating it with the songs that are taken. And everything Karin said too.

Which brings me to my next question: Am I missing any updates in the first post?

lost_nvrfound
09-26-2008, 11:13 PM
AHAHAHAHA! That was awesome!
Thank you. *bow*

So yeah, how's Nothingtown going? I thought It'd be done by now. Have you just not done the vocals yet, or you just can't get it to sound right or what?

Disclaimer is playing with the tracks. We've been back and forth regularly on that. Its a long story why its taking so long.

And ANDiTKO, if you don't know what songs have been called check the list in the first post, I've been updating it with the songs that are taken. And everything Karin said too.
HAHAHA!

Which brings me to my next question: Am I missing any updates in the first post?
i don't think so...

Ryder1234
09-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Lol how'd we bring RAFRAG discussions into the Smash thread? I'm getting the two threads mixed up methinks...

Also I think I'm being ignored on my requests for the Amazed drums. I'll ask Zee or something.

lost_nvrfound
09-26-2008, 11:19 PM
Lol how'd we bring RAFRAG discussions into the Smash thread? I'm getting the two threads mixed up methinks...

Also I think I'm being ignored on my requests for the Amazed drums. I'll ask Zee or something.

Amazed in on Ixnay...

Ryder1234
09-26-2008, 11:20 PM
?

... .........

lost_nvrfound
09-26-2008, 11:30 PM
?

... .........

you said you were asking for drums for Amazed, which is on Ixnay. This is a thread about Smash... Geeze!

Ryder1234
09-26-2008, 11:33 PM
Oh ok, you wrote "...in on Ixnay" so I was like "wtf does thae mean"
But now I realized you meant to write "...is on..."
Do we really need an Ixnay thread yet? Maybe when we finish Amazed.

lost_nvrfound
09-26-2008, 11:46 PM
Oh ok, you wrote "...in on Ixnay" so I was like "wtf does thae mean"
But now I realized you meant to write "...is on..."
Do we really need an Ixnay thread yet? Maybe when we finish Amazed.

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT! At least wait until RAFRAG is finished and Smash is at least 50% done... Please, for the love of the Offspring, don't start a third project. Nothing will get done if you do.

Ryder1234
09-27-2008, 12:04 AM
Haha, as I said we don't need it... :rolleyes:

Static_Martyr
09-27-2008, 06:36 AM
Ah, sweet! Thanks Ryder :)

ANDiTKO
09-27-2008, 07:14 AM
First off, fuck off!
Yeeaaahh.Thats a very nice way to start a conversation...

You're the one trying to make the entire song yourself without letting anyone have a say.
I guess you dont understand how the whole thing works.[/quote]
I said early on that I was gonna play some guitar on this album, since I haven't so far on RAFRAG.

Yea,but you also said that (http://www.offspring.com/forums/group.php?groupid=94&pp=10&page=2):

Gear: Ibanez acoustic... hahaha... nothing else really... I need a new mic
Like come on!You dont even have an electric guitar?!How you are going record guitars for Smash?

Yeah i can see that.Like giving us hope and saying to us to "Fuck off".But this is not contribution.

Finally, you can't just come in here and try to take over.
Take over on what?I had the idea of making offspring covers a year ago.The project was called "Make Music project" and it was hosted on our forums at offspringbootlegs.info.After that i realised that we cant collaborate using a simple forumboard.
Thats why i "came" here and made a new website dedicated to online collaboration so we can organize our work and make some cover together.[/quote]

You were invited to participate, but this is our project as a group. And to be honest, for a lot of it, Kevin, Free?,and I have been calling the shots and making the rules.
Well fuck your rules!No one is going to tell me what to do told what to.Specaly when is a little ugly chick like you.

If you have a problem with that, go somewhere else
Ok.

and continue making your own crappy covers. Ours are doing just fine.
MY crappy covers?YOURS are doing fine?You are joking right?

I cant wait to hear your GGA cover!Im sure you are going to screw it up like you did in all of your covers.You sound like a 10y.o. crying little whore.

[/WHORE]

Gustavo
09-27-2008, 07:16 AM
First off, fuck off! You're the one trying to make the entire song yourself without letting anyone have a say. I said early on that I was gonna play some guitar on this album, since I haven't so far on RAFRAG. Though if no one has done it by the time I go home again, I may do the guitar for YGGFK. I pretty much beast at it.

AND

Because I called it, and how we've been doing is that the person who calls it determines how it is made. Just like how I wanted to do an acoustic version of Nothingtown (which is just about done) so since I called it, it was just me and kevin.

Finally, you can't just come in here and try to take over. You were invited to participate, but this is our project as a group. And to be honest, for a lot of it, Kevin, Free?,and I have been calling the shots and making the rules. If you want to take charge of a song, pick one that hasn't been called already. Otherwise, just let everyone know what you have to offer, and people may get you to help with their songs with a track or two. Despite what it looks like, I know and have been keeping everyone updated on exactly what progress has been made on songs for RAFRAG and Kevin has been doing the same for Smash. The way we've got it now HAS been working. If you have a problem with that, go somewhere else and continue making your own crappy covers. Ours are doing just fine. They don't need to be disturbed by someone trying to change everything. They've got a good vibe. Don't fuck with it...

[Street Fighter for SNES]Round 1... FIGHT![/Street Fighter for SNES]

I'm sorry to get into this, I just couldn't help it :P

Ryder1234
09-27-2008, 10:45 AM
This is all great fun to watch, but seriously, just dont even start.
ANDiTKO, theres still plenty of songs to choose from for Smash. Karin had called GGA back when the thread was first made. It's not that you're bad at making covers or anything, but we've been going by whoever calls a song first decides how it gets done. Just go look through the list for a song thats not taken. Then you can decide how its made.

And Karin, dont even reply or else this thread will turn into a 40 page long flame thread.

disclaimer_07
09-27-2008, 10:56 AM

Anyways ....

Credits:

I think I made it sound a bit more "professional". If you like it and want me to do the same to the original (uncompressed) file, just send it to me. That way we can avoid loss of quality resulting from reconverting the file to mp3.

CLICK HERE (http://rapidshare.com/files/148867621/offspringbootlegs_-_Gotta_Get_Away__Demo__remastered.mp3)

Static_Martyr
09-27-2008, 02:31 PM
So....yeah, about those Offspring covers~

lost_nvrfound
09-27-2008, 02:39 PM
The only thing I'm going to say is that I DO have an electric guitar (a very nice one at that). Its at home, not at school (where I am with my acoustic), along with my drumkit and my dad's bass rig. As I said, I am going home soon for a weekend.

The rest of your comments are not worth my time.

EDIT: Calling me a whore was out of line. I didn't call you names. Don't you call me any.

Ryder1234
09-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Wouldn't the way it was typed ([/WHORE]) imply they are a whore? :D

lost_nvrfound
09-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Wouldn't the way it was typed ([/WHORE]) imply they are a whore? :D

I see your point... hmm... *ponders for a moment*

I guess it would...

SELF PWN! HAHAHA!

Ryder1234
09-27-2008, 03:49 PM
Lol :D .

lost_nvrfound
09-27-2008, 04:10 PM
so anyways, practicing my hand foot coordination. Its gonna be great.

Ryder1234
09-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Sweet. I was playing electric drums at the music store near my house. I really want one now, after figuring out that I can somehow play a lot of songs on them.

lost_nvrfound
09-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Sweet. I was playing electric drums at the music store near my house. I really want one now, after figuring out that I can somehow play a lot of songs on them.

lol.

I never realized how short So Alone is. I may want to play with the idea of doing guitar with that. My dad has a nice slide so I might actually give it a shot. who knows... anything could happen

EDIT: I sometimes have difficulty with the galloping thing Noodles does. I'm gonna have to work on that...

Ryder1234
09-27-2008, 04:22 PM
I don't play So Alone with a slide...

lost_nvrfound
09-27-2008, 04:23 PM
I don't play So Alone with a slide...

I would... just my preference.

EDIT: Oh no you guys! Now I have really been pwned! anditko has kicked me out of his social group! what shall I do? *faints from distress*

Ryder1234
09-27-2008, 04:26 PM
I don't know how you would...

lost_nvrfound
09-27-2008, 04:31 PM
I don't know how you would...

well, there is that slidey part "so alone *cool guitar slide* so alone *cool guitar slide*"

I would use a slide for that part. Makes it sound slicker.

Ryder1234
09-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Well, my slide is (was) just a piece of pipe that I made into one... It's too small for my finger now :p.

lost_nvrfound
09-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Well, my slide is (was) just a piece of pipe that I made into one... It's too small for my finger now :p.

my dad has a super nice glass one (cost waaaayyy to much money). I've been wanting a reason to play with it.

Ryder1234
09-27-2008, 04:47 PM
I've seen 'em. There was also gold and silver ones.

ANDiTKO
09-27-2008, 04:47 PM
First off, fuck off! BlaBLaBLAblabla.......

See... what you did here was:
1)Open the "" tag (Witch means that next words are Bitch's words)
2)Talk shits and start the flaming
3)Cosing the "" tag (Witch means that the Bitch stopped talking)

So who was talking into the "[BITCH]" tag? :p
You keep pushing it,dont ya? :)

Edit:Im going to sleep so think before answer ;-)

Ryder1234
09-27-2008, 04:52 PM
*facepalm*
*head desk*

lost_nvrfound
09-27-2008, 04:56 PM
See... what you did here was:
1)Open the "" tag (Witch means that next words are Bitch's words)
2)Talk shits and start the flaming
3)Cosing the "" tag (Witch means that the Bitch stopped talking)

So who was talking into the "[BITCH]" tag? :p
You keep pushing it,dont ya? :)

Edit:Im going to sleep so think before answer ;-)

I called myself a bitch. That was intentional and I'm pretty sure that was obvious. I know this and openly accept the fact that I can be one. You, however, turned around and said something completely over the top and offensive towards me. I said nothing that warranted that and you shouldn't have done it. I don't care however pissed you may be at the truth in my post. That was too far and I think you should go find another thread to ruin.

lost_nvrfound
09-27-2008, 05:02 PM
*facepalm*
*head desk*

HAHAHA! I <3 U so much right now!

Ryder1234
09-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Haha... the funniest part was when I realized I was actually doing that without knowing I was :D

lost_nvrfound
09-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Haha... the funniest part was when I realized I was actually doing that without knowing I was :D

hahaha! LOVE IT!

Static_Martyr
09-27-2008, 07:01 PM
So YEAH, um, how are those Smash covers coming? Any progress on So Alone, or Killboy?

But for reals, who is doing the drums for Killboy?

lost_nvrfound
09-27-2008, 07:20 PM
So YEAH, um, how are those Smash covers coming? Any progress on So Alone, or Killboy?

I haven't done much of anything yet. I've just been practicing... mastering guitar parts.

randman21
09-28-2008, 07:00 AM
Goodie. Two of my favorite songs are left. I'll do Something to Believe In or It'll Be a Long Time if I can get some help with the drums and bass.

ANDiTKO
09-28-2008, 09:10 AM
You, however, turned around and said something completely over the top and offensive towards me. I said nothing that warranted that and you shouldn't have done it. I don't care however pissed you may be at the truth in my post.

O RLY?Lets flip some pages back and see how the this thing started:

See.I told you that if you make a bass track i will put it into the mix.
And here is how you answered to me:

Do you think that you are that good musician?Do all the stuff alone better that the other members?In fact you suck at all of the above.My idea was to collaborate and share diffrent tracks.In that way a good grummer will do the drums,a good bassist will do the bass etc... Thats how its done.But maybe you got it wrong.Thats why i asked you...

Anyways ....

Credits:
And Here It Comes!I asked you very gently what is the problem and here is your answer....

First off, fuck off! ......
You're the one trying to make the entire song yourself without letting anyone have a say. If you have a problem with that, go somewhere else and continue making your own crappy covers.

Actualy "Fuck off" sounds offencive to me.And yes.I have a problem and i will go somewhere else to do my "crappy covers":confused:???WTF??
The last one was totaly stupid of you.Come on!My Gotta Get Away Cover (Demo) is GIGA times better than anything that you have ever made.:p

Static_Martyr
09-28-2008, 12:08 PM
Nothing personal, folks, but flame wars = quite lame.

In other news, I met a awesome person last night at the Super Nice Bros. show and I'm going out today. So I won't be able to do any work on the comps today 0_0

randman21
09-28-2008, 04:37 PM
^Oooh, is this person of the lady persuasion? Heh, none of my business, but I couldn't resist. :p

lost_nvrfound
09-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Nothing personal, folks, but flame wars = quite lame.

In other news, I met a awesome person last night at the Super Nice Bros. show and I'm going out today. So I won't be able to do any work on the comps today 0_0

Tim has a date? Ooh exciting! fun fun!

Edit:
This message is hidden because ANDiTKO is on your ignore list.

hehe

Ryder1234
09-28-2008, 09:01 PM
ANDiTKO you're sure full of yourself.

Static_Martyr
09-29-2008, 06:36 AM
For your information, she is "of the lady persuasion."

And if all goes well, today will be a awesome day. Yesterday didn't work out 'cause the guy who was gonna drive didn't show....but today I am most definitely leaving this house for many, many hours.

So again, I will not be able to work on anything today. Although I am off tomorrow, I might be able to do something then. Remind me what I'm doing again? Is this right:

--Nitro (Youth Energy) - everything
--Killboy Powerhead - vox/Steve, maybe bass (what's the drum situation here)?

lost_nvrfound
09-29-2008, 01:40 PM
For your information, she is "of the lady persuasion."

And if all goes well, today will be a awesome day. Yesterday didn't work out 'cause the guy who was gonna drive didn't show....but today I am most definitely leaving this house for many, many hours.

hehe... is she a "hottie"?

Ryder1234
09-29-2008, 04:53 PM
KBPH, yeah please do do the bass, and we don't have any drums lined up yet.

Static_Martyr
09-29-2008, 05:09 PM
hehe... is she a "hottie"?

Oh, in so many ways....!! I can't even begin to describe it.

KBPH, yeah please do do the bass, and we don't have any drums lined up yet.

Well, I'm gonna wait until the drums come around to do the bass. That way it actually gets synced up *smarmy look*

Ryder1234
09-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Haha yeah. I'm actually redoing HH right now.

come out swinging
09-30-2008, 08:21 PM

I got so alone pretty much done. Been taking me a so long cuz computer was in the shop. Im dedicating 4 hrs tomorrow of playing my guitar. My biggest problem is that i dont have a mic on my computer and i only record using my web cam and post it on you tube. There are several programs that convert videos to mp3 but not sure how its going to sound. I record it tomoror and i post it on you tube and have the link to the converter.

Ryder1234
09-30-2008, 09:09 PM
I think Karin was gonna do So Alone.

This won't turn out good :p

EDIT: I have a cool idea for it though. On the scream parts, we should get as many people as we can to do it.

EDIT 2: Edited the first post. You'll see what I mean.

lost_nvrfound
09-30-2008, 09:22 PM
I think Karin was gonna do So Alone.

This won't turn out good :p

EDIT: I have a cool idea for it though. On the scream parts, we should get as many people as we can to do it.

EDIT 2: Edited the first post. You'll see what I mean.

actually, turns out he called it first. but he's going to have to figure out what to do about recording.

lemme pick something else then

Ryder1234
09-30-2008, 09:22 PM
OK then. Didn't see it. But I still edited the first post.

lost_nvrfound
09-30-2008, 09:24 PM
hmm... what do you think? should I do something to believe in or self esteem?

Ryder1234
09-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Self Esteem, it think someone took STBI already. Lemme check.

lost_nvrfound
09-30-2008, 09:28 PM
mmmk... I already beast at that song anyway. It'll be awesome. I'll have to do something to make it a challenge... hmm

Ryder1234
09-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Add a solo :D

Goodie. Two of my favorite songs are left. I'll do Something to Believe In or It'll Be a Long Time if I can get some help with the drums and bass.

Yep.

So Randy I'll add you in for both let me know if you aren't doing one of them.

EDIT: Just WHTY? and Not the One left you guys! Get them before they're gone!

lost_nvrfound
09-30-2008, 09:33 PM

oh i will. and it will most likely be awful. i'll need bass and drums done for that one though. the drums are more complex than i can do

Ryder1234
09-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Haha. Well Self Esteem is one of the songs I can actually play right on drums. I was planning on renting some electric drums, so I'll be doing those drums. Unfortunately I won't have money till Mid October, but we don't have to rush right? NOBODY DO SELF ESTEEM DRUMS NOW!!

lost_nvrfound
09-30-2008, 09:44 PM
hahaha! well, if the drums are put off too long, then i won't be able to record it on my weekend home. well. actually, i'm going home the weekend before halloween too, so i guess i could do it then

Ryder1234
09-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Yeah. Payday is on like the 15th or around then, so payday.

randman21
10-01-2008, 03:31 AM

Yep.

So Randy I'll add you in for both let me know if you aren't doing one of them.

EDIT: Just WHTY? and Not the One left you guys! Get them before they're gone!
Thankies, Kev. I for sure want to do STBI, and...yeah, you can throw me in for It'll Be a Long Time.

come out swinging
10-01-2008, 12:07 PM
I did the So Alone cover today. Here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9cYKnSvO50

Heres the link to the converter. I used the program when hammerhead and half truism was played live and it did a good job.

http://vconvert.net/

also this program good to.
http://www.vidtomp3.com/

lost_nvrfound
10-01-2008, 12:48 PM
you need to have the drum track first before a usable guitar track can be made. Once we have a drum track for it, you'll need to record it again. Also, if you could convert it yourself, that would be nice.

Thomas
10-05-2008, 09:14 PM
So which drum tracks do you guys need?

lost_nvrfound
10-05-2008, 09:19 PM
So which drum tracks do you guys need?

most of them. i know that i am doing the drums for gotta get away. idk which ones tim and becca are doing.

SK8rocka
10-06-2008, 12:00 AM
I can play pretty much any smash song and i can do solos so whatever.

lol i came late huh

Thomas
10-06-2008, 12:08 AM
most of them. i know that i am doing the drums for gotta get away. idk which ones tim and becca are doing.

Let me know which ones you need the most and I'll see what I can do.

Ryder1234
10-06-2008, 01:00 AM
Oh yeah I'm doing the Self Esteem drums.

randman21
10-06-2008, 02:04 AM
I need Something to Believe In and It'll Be a Long Time, but the latter is, like, super low priority. :D

come out swinging
10-06-2008, 08:50 AM
last week i bought a recording software called live5 and a few nites ago i finally got the program out of demo mode which mean i can save. It allows audio files to be transferred into .wav so when whenever someone has a chance do the drums to so alone. ANd then i can rerecord so alone with the live5. Sound quality will be much better.:D:D

lost_nvrfound
10-06-2008, 08:55 AM
kevin, update the first post to include who is doing which parts for which songs. so that way there is less confusion

come out swinging
10-06-2008, 09:08 AM
kevin, update the first post to include who is doing which parts for which songs. so that way there is less confusion

Karen, Do you want to be the second guitar in so alone? the slide part.

lost_nvrfound
10-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Karen, Do you want to be the second guitar in so alone? the slide part.

sure. i love that part! :D

Ryder1234
10-06-2008, 10:43 PM
Tell me if I've got everything, I'm sure im missing someone.

Thomas, do you mind also doing COAP when you do the drums? They would be pretty much impossible on an electric kit.

Thomas
10-06-2008, 10:51 PM
haha. Damn. I'll see what I can do.

SK8rocka
10-09-2008, 07:54 PM
I can do coap on drums.
if ya need me to.

um.....do u still need guitars and stuff 4 what happened to you and not the one. coz i can play them.

oh and i can pretty much play any song on guitar 4 smash (except nitro) lol.

SK8rocka
10-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Oh....and is this ok 4 an album cover, just a quicky,

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3161/resmashedbs5.jpg

lost_nvrfound
10-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Oh....and is this ok 4 an album cover, just a quicky,

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3161/resmashedbs5.jpg

hey that looks cool! Did you make the skeleton, or was it taken from somewhere else? I think the artwork needs to be entirely original. If you made the skeleton yourself in 3D Max or something, then you have my vote.

SK8rocka
10-09-2008, 11:23 PM
hey that looks cool! Did you make the skeleton, or was it taken from somewhere else? I think the artwork needs to be entirely original. If you made the skeleton yourself in 3D Max or something, then you have my vote.

no sorry heres the original:
http://www.scaryforkids.com/pics/evil-skull.jpg

but i can make one with an original skull.

(oh i re colured that skull to the same colours of the smash artwork.

Thomas
10-09-2008, 11:26 PM
I really like the idea, but the name seems a little awkward. I think just "Smashed" would be a good name for it.

SK8rocka
10-10-2008, 01:00 AM
I really like the idea, but the name seems a little awkward. I think just "Smashed" would be a good name for it.

True.

FUCK YOU BUSH

Static_Martyr
10-10-2008, 08:24 AM
It took me for goddamned ever, but I finally got around to doing my Nitro (Youth Energy) cover. I wanted to try something different, so I made it acoustic. Check it out if you want:

http://rapidshare.com/files/152677353/Nitro__Youth_Energy__-_acoustic.mp3
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8tfhhx

lost_nvrfound
10-10-2008, 10:23 AM
WOW TIM! I love the guitar! Its so amazing! Its fantastic! LOVE IT!

Static_Martyr
10-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Well thanks :)

If you like that one, then you might like my Have You Ever acoustic version:

http://rapidshare.com/files/152581341/Have_You_Ever__acoustic_.mp3.html
http://www.sendspace.com/file/982fo2

lost_nvrfound
10-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Its downloading. Hehe... this is the 4th time i've listened to nitro

EDIT: Its awesome too! Nitro is best though methinks. BUT AWESOME! Totally made my morning less sucky

Static_Martyr
10-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Haha....that's cool :) I'm glad you like it because I totally threw it together in about 45 minutes.

I feel like doing more acoustic stuff lately. I'm trying to go ahead and do 1 song from each album that I don't already have a cover off of, just because I'm bored to death (my GF and I were supposed to get together today but something came up and now we have to wait until tomorrow :().

Also, acoustic stuff is really easy to do :) It takes about 45 minutes to an hour to do the guitar and vox, and there aren't any drum or bass lines to learn. So I think I'll be doing a lot of my demos (though not all) in acoustic form for awhile~

lost_nvrfound
10-10-2008, 10:40 AM
Haha....that's cool :) I'm glad you like it because I totally threw it together in about 45 minutes.

I feel like doing more acoustic stuff lately. I'm trying to go ahead and do 1 song from each album that I don't already have a cover off of, just because I'm bored to death (my GF and I were supposed to get together today but something came up and now we have to wait until tomorrow :().

Also, acoustic stuff is really easy to do :) It takes about 45 minutes to an hour to do the guitar and vox, and there aren't any drum or bass lines to learn. So I think I'll be doing a lot of my demos (though not all) in acoustic form for awhile~
cool. I've been working on an acoustic TKAA. I have to start over actually. I'm such a perfectionist. But it sounds really neat. I think Offspring tunes translate to acoustic really well

Static_Martyr
10-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Well be sure to upload it when you're done~ I love covers with a twist!

And yes, I've noticed that Offspring covers are very very fun and easy to do acoustic versions of. What's with that? :) They're like a punk band or something....

lost_nvrfound
10-10-2008, 10:48 AM
What's with that? :) They're like a punk band or something....

don't let them hear you say that! :p

Static_Martyr
10-10-2008, 10:50 AM
What? Why not?

And no, that's a good thing! I think....wait, is it?

SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO THINK!!!

lost_nvrfound
10-10-2008, 11:13 AM
What? Why not?

And no, that's a good thing! I think....wait, is it?

SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO THINK!!!

geeze tim! How often do they have to preach about how punk rock was about having no rules? Once you start putting restrictions on how their songs can be (like whether or not they are allowed to work well as acoustic), then its not punk anymore. GAHH!

:D

sorry... i'm being silly is all. ignore me.

SK8rocka
10-10-2008, 06:17 PM
If anyone isnt doing what happened to you id be happy to do it.

Oh and that acoustic verson of nitro is amazing, good work static

lost_nvrfound
10-10-2008, 07:01 PM
If anyone isnt doing what happened to you id be happy to do it.

Noted. I'll get kev to update the first post. What parts of it do you want to do, and, if there are any, what parts would you like help with?

SK8rocka
10-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Noted. I'll get kev to update the first post. What parts of it do you want to do, and, if there are any, what parts would you like help with?

Well i can do the whole song including the solo, i could probaly do drums but my kit is crap.

So yer ill defently do what happened to you.

oh and what help do ya'll need with smash

Ryder1234
10-11-2008, 11:18 PM
For Smash we need everything but guitar. I'll be handling that.

SK8rocka
10-11-2008, 11:37 PM
For Smash we need everything but guitar. I'll be handling that.

well, i can do bass......

Ryder1234
10-12-2008, 12:50 AM
Ok then, but we need to get the drums first. I might be able to do them.

SK8rocka
10-12-2008, 01:24 AM
Cool.................

Ryder1234
10-12-2008, 02:09 PM
First post updated.

SK8rocka
10-12-2008, 09:46 PM
First post updated.

Yay! my name's never been on somebodys elses post, i feel special.

When shall i record

lost_nvrfound
10-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Yay! my name's never been on somebodys elses post, i feel special.

When shall i record

it comes with time. Maybe if you post enough, you'll find your way into one of rutegard's stories. :D

Ryder1234
10-13-2008, 10:25 AM
I never did :(

As for recording, wait until the drums are done, and then record along to the drums so that their in time.

SK8rocka
10-14-2008, 12:10 AM
it comes with time. Maybe if you post enough, you'll find your way into one of rutegard's stories. :D

Oh that would be awesome

I never did :(

As for recording, wait until the drums are done, and then record along to the drums so that their in time.

yeah no probs

Ryder1234
11-17-2008, 10:19 PM
So, they're finally done, the Self Esteem drums (http://rapidshare.com/files/164875747/self_esteem_drums.mp3.html).

I know I fucked up at least once in the first verse, but I've only been playing drums for a month so don't say anything. It shouldn't be too noticeable under the other instruments.

SK8rocka
11-25-2008, 01:16 PM
whoa hey, whos doing self seteem guitars.

(the drum track is awesome ryder1234)

_Lost_
11-25-2008, 01:27 PM
I am actually. I'm hoping to find time to do them this weekend. I'm really excited. I'm going to try to get to work on Gotta Get Away this weekend too. weeeeeee!

SK8rocka
11-25-2008, 01:31 PM
I am actually. I'm hoping to find time to do them this weekend. I'm really excited. I'm going to try to get to work on Gotta Get Away this weekend too. weeeeeee!

cool, arn't you the one who sings in most of the songs.

_Lost_
11-25-2008, 01:34 PM
yeah... that would be me. We've been trying to get more singers. Randman21 and I'll.Be.Waiting are doing a couple tracks. I'm playing guitar on this one. Hopefully I won't sing as much. I want some other voices. I've grown tired of mine. :p

SK8rocka
11-25-2008, 01:39 PM
yeah... that would be me. We've been trying to get more singers. Randman21 and I'll.Be.Waiting are doing a couple tracks. I'm playing guitar on this one. Hopefully I won't sing as much. I want some other voices. I've grown tired of mine. :p

omg your an amazing singer!!!!
:)

yeah i know what ya mean by having to sing al the time, i can barely sing but im forced to :(.

id' be nice just to sit back and see others do my job :D

_Lost_
11-25-2008, 02:14 PM
haha. thanks. I'm not gonna lie, i don't get that much outside of these boards. Though most of the people I know are more interested in other vocal... styles i guess... I need a band. haha.

EDIT: Hey ya'll, give this a listen and tell me what you think about the extra part. nevermind the poor quality. I'm using my acoustic and an audio filter. http://www.savefile.com/files/1904097

SK8rocka
11-25-2008, 03:30 PM
haha. thanks. I'm not gonna lie, i don't get that much outside of these boards. Though most of the people I know are more interested in other vocal... styles i guess... I need a band. haha.

EDIT: Hey ya'll, give this a listen and tell me what you think about the extra part. nevermind the poor quality. I'm using my acoustic and an audio filter. http://www.savefile.com/files/1904097

ill download as soon as i gets home from school, lol

SK8rocka
11-25-2008, 10:10 PM

OMG that sounds great!

i have a theory of what we can do with it.

We should make the song longer and stuff, like put that part in the second chorus and then somwhere, we could add a solo, that'd be awesome!

an example: *its a cover of khwhd and i added a solo at 2:00*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFzxglDWY5s

_Lost_
11-25-2008, 10:42 PM
yeah, i'll see what i can do about duplicating part of the drum track ryder did to make it longer. I'm not good with coming up with solos. so i'd need help with that. I'm going to lay down the main tracks tomorrow if i can. it depends on whether my sister will let me use her amp or not. we'll see how that goes. if you come up with anything, do a quick record/tab of it for me so I can play with it.

SK8rocka
11-28-2008, 03:43 AM
yeah, i'll see what i can do about duplicating part of the drum track ryder did to make it longer. I'm not good with coming up with solos. so i'd need help with that. I'm going to lay down the main tracks tomorrow if i can. it depends on whether my sister will let me use her amp or not. we'll see how that goes. if you come up with anything, do a quick record/tab of it for me so I can play with it.

awesome, oh and btw, i can help with the solo, ive been told my solos sound like the sef titled/igniton lol.

duplitcate drums, hmmmmmmmmmm ill try that.

yep ill try lol

_Lost_
11-28-2008, 05:31 PM
fabuloso! just let me know

SK8rocka
11-28-2008, 08:01 PM
okey dokie

Ryder1234
01-15-2009, 12:29 AM
...you guys...

this thread is like...

still here...

just thought I'd remind you all ;)

MoonTan™
01-15-2009, 12:38 AM
Well Its About Time Ryder.......

Hows the self esteem drums going.....

Ryder1234
01-15-2009, 12:41 AM
theyre done. karin has to finish up her parts though.

MoonTan™
01-15-2009, 12:47 AM
Cool, Actually Karin showed me some new Addon's that she might be doin for self esteem.........

we're thinking of adding an extra part and put a solo in it.

Ryder1234
01-15-2009, 01:03 AM
yeah she demoed the solo a while ago i heard it, it may have been changed by now though

Ryder1234
04-30-2009, 12:00 AM
With the near completion of RAFRAG, I thought I'd get this going. Now that I'm done rock bottom, I'm not recording anything until next month when I get a good mic and sound system. the cables for both my current mic and sound system are fucked so sometimes i get terrible static and popping sounds. there isnt a deadline for this though so i should be good

Ryder1234
04-30-2009, 12:01 AM
With the near completion of RAFRAG, I thought I'd get this going. Now that I'm done rock bottom, I'm not recording anything until next month when I get a good mic and sound system. the cables for both my current mic and sound system are fucked so sometimes i get terrible static and popping sounds. there isnt a deadline for this though so i should be good

Gustavo
05-01-2009, 04:21 PM
I was just talking to Kevin... Would anyone (hello Drummerbecca! :) ) be interested in recording the drums for Genocide? Kevin will do the guitars, a friend of mine will do the bass and I will do the vocals *Scary*.

Llamas
05-01-2009, 04:39 PM
I didn't read the whole thread, and the first thread confused me... it seems that you just have one person listed for each song... not collaborations? So the whole album seems to be accounted for.

Ryder1234
05-01-2009, 05:25 PM
I didn't read the whole thread, and the first thread confused me... it seems that you just have one person listed for each song... not collaborations? So the whole album seems to be accounted for.

No pretty much every song is going to be a collaboration. I just haven't updated the list since everyone first called their songs. It's just showing who's "running each song now but I'll update it.

Ryder1234
05-01-2009, 07:30 PM
I just put everything i didnt know the status of as "needs everything". let me know whats wrong

1.Nitro [Youth Energy] - (Static Martyr) DONE
2.Bad Habit - drummerbecca (needs everything)
3.Gotta Get Away - lost (needs everything)
4.Genocide - iGustavo, ryder (needs everything)
5.Something To Believe In - Randman21 (needs everything)
6.Come Out And Play [Keep 'em Separated] - Guitar-ryder (needs everything)
7.Self Esteem - lost_nvrfound, ryder drums (needs guitar, bass, and vox)
8.It'll Be A Long Time - Guitar-Randman21, Drums-Thomas (needs everything)
9.Killboy Powerhead - Guitar - Ryder, Vocals - Steve (needs everything)
10.What Happened To You? - Sk8rocka (needs everything)
11.So Alone - come out swinging, lost 2nd guitar (needs guitar, bass, and vox)
12.Not The One
13.Smash - ryder (needs everything)

come out swinging
05-01-2009, 08:48 PM
I finished the drum track for so alone. Trying to play my guitar when i have a minute but have not.:(

Les Paul Girl
05-02-2009, 02:40 AM
I guess I joined the boards a little too late to really take part in this, but should anyone need some vocals on their song I would be happy to contribute :)

Gustavo
05-02-2009, 12:22 PM
I finished the drum track for so alone. Trying to play my guitar when i have a minute but have not.:(

You're a drummer? Would you like to do the drum track for Genocide, too? :rolleyes:

Ryder1234
05-02-2009, 01:47 PM
1.Nitro [Youth Energy] - Static Martyr (Acoustic) DONE
2.Bad Habit - drums, bass - drummerbecca (needs everything)
3.Gotta Get Away - lost - everything (thats right anditko) (needs everything)
4.Genocide - vox - iGustavo, guitar - ryder, bass - gustavo's friend (needs everything)
5.Something To Believe In - guitar - Randman21 (needs everything)
6.Come Out And Play [Keep 'em Separated] - Guitar-ryder (needs everything)
7.Self Esteem - guitar, vox - lost_nvrfound, drums - ryder(needs guitar, bass, and vox)
8.It'll Be A Long Time - Guitar-Randman21, Drums-Thomas (needs everything)
9.Killboy Powerhead - Guitar - Ryder, Vocals - Steve (needs everything)
10.What Happened To You? - guitar - Sk8rocka (needs everything)
11.So Alone - guitar - come out swinging, lost(needs guitar, bass, and vox)
12.Not The One
13.Smash - guitar - ryder (needs everything)

Here's an update. I read through the thread and now i have who's doing what parts. let me know if you aren't doing a part anymore. first post updated too

come out swinging
05-02-2009, 05:01 PM
You're a drummer? Would you like to do the drum track for Genocide, too? :rolleyes:

I use a software call hydrogen to make drums tracks. I play guitar. I know randy has made a genocide drum track. IF he does not want to do it then i do it.

Ryder1234
05-09-2009, 02:06 PM
bump

i need people to check the first post and let me know what you are still doing, or what you aren't.

m.offspring.r
05-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Hey, why not use this format:

TITLE
Drums: user A
Guitar: user B (and user C)
Bass: user D
Vox: user E
Download: download the finished track :)

It's easy to see where we need "help"...
However makes a thread a little long...

Just my opinion....

_Lost_
05-10-2009, 08:52 AM
I guess I joined the boards a little too late to really take part in this, but should anyone need some vocals on their song I would be happy to contribute :)
I'm sure you'll get a chance to partake.

<3 <3 <3 <3 !!!

I'm definitely still in on this. Let me work on the final mixing for rise and fall and takes me nowhere, then I am so back on top of this. :D

StayInTheHouseCarl
05-10-2009, 09:39 AM
i'll gladly led bass tracks to whatever needs them

randman21
05-10-2009, 09:45 AM

Haha! I didn't notice that before. As much as I love Anditko, that was awesome.

And to keep current, I still want Something to Believe In (which has drums) and It'll Be a Long Time. But if someone wants the latter, I'll gladly give it up.

Funkmonkey, it'd be an honor to have you on any of my songs. ;)

Ryder1234
05-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Hey, why not use this format:

TITLE
Drums: user A
Guitar: user B (and user C)
Bass: user D
Vox: user E
Download: download the finished track :)

Could work, does anyone have a reason why we shouldn't or do you like the current way it's done?

<3 <3 <3 <3 !!!

I'm definitely still in on this. Let me work on the final mixing for rise and fall and takes me nowhere, then I am so back on top of this. :D

Haha! I didn't notice that before. As much as I love Anditko, that was awesome.

And to keep current, I still want Something to Believe In (which has drums) and It'll Be a Long Time. But if someone wants the latter, I'll gladly give it up.

Heh, reading back it was to good not to throw something like that in. :)

I've updated the first post. I'm guessing you did the drums for STBI Randy?

Ryder1234
05-14-2009, 10:18 PM
anyone willing to do the drums for COAP? and also the bass? *looks at Tim*

Les Paul Girl is on for vocals and i've got guitar

Ryder1234
05-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Woo picking up new mics today:

Apex Electronics - Apex180 - Pencil Condenser
http://www.long-mcquade.com/?page=products&ProductsID=1676

Apex Electronics - Apex210 - Ribbon Microphone
http://www.long-mcquade.com/?page=products&ProductsID=1681

It should only come out to $273.54 after tax, but they both have good reviews.

Superdope
05-16-2009, 01:32 PM
I want to do vox for Not the One.

Ryder1234
05-16-2009, 01:51 PM
ok i added you, and so now every song has someone doing something for it.

i suggest you guys start asking around for people to help you on the songs your doing

Homer
05-16-2009, 02:27 PM
I could do a complete song by myself.

Maybe Not The One, or Gotta Get Away.

Also, if anyone needs me for anything, send me a PM. Because I don't check these threads.

Ryder1234
05-16-2009, 09:26 PM
So I didn't end up getting those mics, but I did get a slightly cheaper mic (still $155), and a mic preamp. It's still sweet.

Apex Electronics - Apex415 - Large Diaphragm Condenser
http://www.long-mcquade.com/?page=products&ProductsID=1687

ART Pro Audio - TubeMP Tube Mic Preamp
http://www.long-mcquade.com/?page=products&ProductsID=105

Llamas
05-17-2009, 12:29 AM
Now that it's summer, I have time for this shit!

I wanna sing for Something to Believe in!

Also, there's an acoustic version of a song... possible that I could do a piano version of a song? Like not the one? Would Superdope still wanna sing for it if so?

Ryder1234
05-17-2009, 12:56 AM
Well, you'd have to ask Superdope. I'm sure someone would let you do one on piano if not him (or me, sorry but I wanna put my new mic and preamp to work once I get them figured out)

Is Randy doing something to believe in? I'm not sure if he was doing vocals but I'm fairly sure he was just doing guitar, double check with him before I mark you in.

randman21
05-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Is Randy doing something to believe in? I'm not sure if he was doing vocals but I'm fairly sure he was just doing guitar, double check with him before I mark you in.
Hehe, actually I wanted to sing the song more than anything else. Sorry llamas, NO SING FOR YOU!!

_Lost_
05-17-2009, 07:08 AM
I could do a complete song by myself.

Maybe Not The One, or Gotta Get Away.

Also, if anyone needs me for anything, send me a PM. Because I don't check these threads.

sorry, gotta get away has been mine since last fall.

Llamas
05-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Alright, sounds like most of the songs have singers, and the few that still need one, I don't like (So Alone, It'll be a Long Time...)

Superdope and I are gonna do a slower piano version of Not the One, though. I'm gonna play piano, he's probably gonna do some "loungy reverb guitar" and sing. :) I'll just keep my eyes out for the next cover album.

drummerbecca
05-17-2009, 01:15 PM
I know I said before that I could do drums for Bad Habit, but that's a no no now because I'm no longer allowed to play my practice kit in this flat. I can still do bass for it though, and I could try bass or guitar for anything else that might need it.

Edit - If no one else takes it, can I get dibs on bass for What Happened To You? I'm determined to get it right. It's fucking hard.

randman21
05-17-2009, 02:42 PM
You know what? Llamas, I'll give you Something to Believe in, if I can get the vocals for What Happened to You? (if they haven't been reserved). I can remember not wanting to try it when this thread was first started, but I really wanna now. :D

Rutegard
05-17-2009, 03:27 PM
You know what? Llamas, I'll give you Something to Believe in, if I can get the vocals for What Happened to You? (if they haven't been reserved). I can remember not wanting to try it when this thread was first started, but I really wanna now. :D

:( but it's your fav song......

randman21
05-17-2009, 03:31 PM
:( but it's your fav song......
Awwww. Something to Believe In? It's probably not my fave, but it's close. I much more like the vocal part in What Happened to You?, though.

drummerbecca
05-17-2009, 03:34 PM
My fingers are red raw from trying to learn that damn bass line for WHTY? I think I'll cry if someone else has claimed it :p

Rutegard
05-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Awwww. Something to Believe In? It's probably not my fave, but it's close. I much more like the vocal part in What Happened to You?, though.

/wipes tears...

Llamas
05-17-2009, 04:36 PM

Haha. That would be great! I like "What Happened to You?" as a song, but the vocal part just isn't my thing... I'd love to sing Something to Believe in, though. Maybe we could even double up on it if you'd like. :)

Omni
05-17-2009, 07:50 PM
This forum should have a karaoke contest, actually. And have a duet category, and two people can do songs like Hungerstrike.

coke_a_holic
05-17-2009, 07:55 PM
If I do Smash, will people be mad because it's such a terrible song that there's no way I'd be able to do it seriously?

Llamas
05-17-2009, 07:59 PM
If I do Smash, will people be mad because it's such a terrible song that there's no way I'd be able to do it seriously?

I <3 you. I hope you do Smash.

Homer
05-18-2009, 01:46 AM
sorry, gotta get away has been mine since last fall.

So...

Are you doing it?

_Lost_
05-18-2009, 05:03 AM
thats the plan homer.

Ryder1234
05-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Alright, sounds like most of the songs have singers, and the few that still need one, I don't like (So Alone, It'll be a Long Time...)

Superdope and I are gonna do a slower piano version of Not the One, though. I'm gonna play piano, he's probably gonna do some "loungy reverb guitar" and sing. :) I'll just keep my eyes out for the next cover album.

ok sounds cool i'll put that down

btw, the next cover album is probably gonna be ixnay, cause me and karin started covering amazed a while back

My fingers are red raw from trying to learn that damn bass line for WHTY? I think I'll cry if someone else has claimed it :p

Well, sk8rocka hs guitar, but i dont know how active he is here anymore, is someone still in touch with him and could ask him? i'll put you in for bass in the meantime, and randy i'll put you in for vocals

_Lost_
05-18-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm think I might start the guitars for Self Esteem today.

Ryder1234
05-18-2009, 09:50 AM
cool,you gotta show me them when youre done.

btw do you talk to joel anymore? i need to find out if he's still doing whty guitar

come out swinging
05-18-2009, 10:13 AM
I am still trying to finish the guitar track for so alone. I am trying to buy a speaker so i could hook it up my line 6 interface. I dont like using headphones for play back. Im prob will be looking around for a speaker in bout an hr. I push my dead line to be finish with the guitar tracks fri. WHo is doing the voxs?

_Lost_
05-18-2009, 10:27 AM
cool,you gotta show me them when youre done.

btw do you talk to joel anymore? i need to find out if he's still doing whty guitar
I will, don't worry.

no, he's never online anymore.

Dexter_italy
05-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Consider me doing the guitar for smash and the vocals!

_Lost_
05-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Ryder1234 is doing the guitar for it. It says so in the first post.

coke_a_holic
05-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Oh... well... I'll have a separate version of Smash, then... Last night, I went through and did guitars, bass, drums, obnoxious organs (awww yeah), and even more obnoxious synthesizers (aaawwwwwwww yeeeaaaaah).

Do what I want, do what I feel like.

Outerspaceman21
05-18-2009, 01:17 PM
Hey, I'd like to contribute.

I can do guitar and vocals.

Ryder1234
05-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Oh... well... I'll have a separate version of Smash, then... Last night, I went through and did guitars, bass, drums, obnoxious organs (awww yeah), and even more obnoxious synthesizers (aaawwwwwwww yeeeaaaaah).

If you went through all the trouble to make a Smash cover, we could put it in the extras folder when it's all done. Sounds like a sweet version you should upload it.

I do need drums and bass though. If you've got those tracks I could use them in my version. Dexter_italy can do the vox.
I put you in for bass and drums with a question mark. dexter_italy let me know if you want to do just the vocals because i put you in as well.

Cock Joke
05-18-2009, 02:42 PM
No one's doing Time to Relax? Aaaaw...

_Lost_
05-18-2009, 02:46 PM
No one's doing Time to Relax? Aaaaw...

why don't you do it?

m.offspring.r
05-18-2009, 02:58 PM
I can contribute with drums on "Gotta Get Away"

Outerspaceman21
05-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Hey, put me down on vocals for "Something to Believe In" and "It'll be a long time"

And if I can find the time to learn it, I'd like to do Bad Habit for guitar and maybe vocals.

drummerbecca
05-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Hey, put me down on vocals for "Something to Believe In" and "It'll be a long time"

And if I can find the time to learn it, I'd like to do Bad Habit for guitar and maybe vocals.

I think Randy or Brianna will be doing vox for STBI

Outerspaceman21
05-18-2009, 04:33 PM
I think Randy or Brianna will be doing vox for STBI

Oh, alright. I'm just going off what I see on the first page.

Llamas
05-18-2009, 05:09 PM

This sounds amazing. I'm gonna die along to this cover.

The first post is very, very confusing, by the way. It doesn't make much sense.

randman21
05-18-2009, 05:13 PM
The first post is very, very confusing, by the way. It doesn't make much sense.
It technically does make sense, but it's so confusing because it's so early in the process. It would be a lot clearer if there was a list of who's set to do what, as m.offspring.r suggested.

Gustavo
05-18-2009, 05:20 PM
It technically does make sense, but it's so confusing because it's so early in the process. It would be a lot clearer if there was a list of who's set to do what, as m.offspring.r suggested.

Have you gotten the drum track for Genocide, btw?

randman21
05-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Have you gotten the drum track for Genocide, btw?
Damn, I forgot all about that. I'll get it for you tomorrow. :)

Ryder1234
05-18-2009, 07:20 PM
i'll edit the post the way m.offspring.r suggested

Ryder1234
05-18-2009, 08:00 PM
i did, tell me if i got anything wrong, if it should say "started, not done", or if i messed up the colors anywhere

Llamas
05-18-2009, 08:05 PM
5.Something To Believe In
Status - Not Done
Drums:
Bass:
Vox:
Download:
I'm doing vox.

12.Not The One
Status - Not The One
Guitar: Superdope
Vox: Superdope
Piano: ilovellamas
Download:
I'm doing background vox or sharing vox or something. Somehow, I'm singing.

:)

_Lost_
05-18-2009, 08:35 PM
I can contribute with drums on "Gotta Get Away"

I seem to have lost access to my drum kit so this would be really helpful. :)

coke_a_holic
05-18-2009, 08:44 PM
This sounds amazing. I'm gonna die along to this cover.

I'm of the minority with the opinion that the song Smash needed so much more reggae than it had. I don't even like reggae. This is so awesome.

Outerspaceman21
05-18-2009, 08:50 PM
2.Bad Habit
Status - Not Done
Drums:
Guitar:
Bass: drummerbecca
Vox:
Download:

8.It'll Be A Long Time
Status - Not Done
Drums: Thomas
Bass:
Vox:
Download:

11.So Alone
Status - Not Done
Drums:
Guitar: come out swinging, _Lost_
Bass:
Vox:
Download:

Put me down for vocals on these and guitar on Bad Habit. I'd liked to contribute something to this project.

Little_Miss_1565
05-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Ah shit, I'm so late on the draw ... I totally wanted to sing on "Genocide." :'(

Ryder1234
05-18-2009, 11:54 PM
everythings been edited now, just looking for tim's nitro link now

IamSam
05-19-2009, 01:09 AM
Any artwork done, PM me the specifics of what dimensions need to be used and I'll give it a whirl! I have a lot of time on my hands so I can do this!

randman21
05-19-2009, 03:44 AM
Any artwork done, PM me the specifics of what dimensions need to be used and I'll give it a whirl! I have a lot of time on my hands so I can do this!
No guitar for you?

coke_a_holic
05-19-2009, 04:09 AM
Hey yo, I can do the bass for Self Esteem and Come Out And Play, but NOT the drums or bass for Smash. I'll leave that for someone else.

My version of Smash is just excellent, though. I'll post it here if I ever get around to finishing it. So many stupid organs and synthesizers.

ad8
05-19-2009, 05:18 AM
I could do the bass for #8 (It'll be a long time).

drummerbecca
05-19-2009, 05:27 AM
6.Come Out And Play (Keep 'Em Seperated)
Status - Not Done
Drums:
Bass:
Vox: Les Paul Girl
Download:

I'll do bass for this if no one else wants to do it. If anyone else wants it them I'm cool with that.

come out swinging
05-19-2009, 05:34 AM
11.So Alone
Status - Not Done
Drums: come out swinging
Guitar: come out swinging, _Lost_
Bass:
Vox:Outerspaceman21
Download:

I just sent the drums file to _lost_

m.offspring.r
05-19-2009, 05:41 AM
Ok thanks!

Hey, what program we use to record? Sonar? cubase?

drummerbecca
05-19-2009, 06:01 AM
I think you can use whatever one you want, Miguel, as long as you can export the recording as a .wav or an .mp3 file or whatever :)
I wouldn't quote me on that though, because I don't know who is doing the mixing (although I wouldn't mind a shot at it :D)

m.offspring.r
05-19-2009, 06:07 AM
ahh ok.

coke_a_holic
05-19-2009, 11:06 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/?mgg2zydodzz

This is what I did for Smash. I never finished it, though. I plan on doing the rest this week. With a metalcore outro.

_Lost_
05-19-2009, 11:15 AM
everythings been edited now, just looking for tim's nitro link now
here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P1EDAU6G
I uploaded it for you.

Hey yo, I can do the bass for Self Esteem

Please! That way I can finally do the guitar!
Here's the drums: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZQUHH9JW

Jesus
05-19-2009, 11:25 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/?mgg2zydodzz

This is what I did for Smash. I never finished it, though. I plan on doing the rest this week. With a metalcore outro.

that's ridiculously good

IamSam
05-19-2009, 11:44 AM
No guitar for you?

No. No way to record. So yeah, give me some artwork assignments and I'll get started today! :)

_Lost_
05-19-2009, 11:51 AM
No. No way to record. So yeah, give me some artwork assignments and I'll get started today! :)

lol. i don't think anything at all has been done. so uhh... just go with whatever idea pops into your head first. :)

Free?
05-19-2009, 11:52 AM
that's ridiculously good
I so second that!

I have little to do with Smash covering, but I think that there were no artworks yet at all. So be the first if you dare! :P

drummerbecca
05-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Karin, I just read in the other thread that you've been having issues getting mixing done because of speaker problems and stuff. Seriously, can I give it a shot? If I suck I'll let someone else do it but I'd really like to give it a go.