PDA

View Full Version : Awaiting my answer..

KHWHD
09-07-2008, 08:04 PM
I doubt any of you will remember a month or so ago I made a thread about what happened to me at my previous job. How I was on stress/sick leave for 4 weeks, upon returning to work (with a doctors note) I was fired.

Anyway, in that thread I had mentioned how I had a case in through HRTO (Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario) and how my previous employer had 35 days to reply back with their response. Apparently they have replied back to them (HRTO) and I'll be receiving their reply any day now. I've been waiting anxiously for over a month to see what they're going to say and/or do about the situation.

http://www.hrto.ca/NEW/about/mandate.asp

I'm also nervous as hell because I'm not really sure what to expect from the company. I have no idea what they've said and what their sorry ass excuse will be why they canned my ass.

I really hope it turns out good. In all honesty, I'd love to have my job back. Made pretty good coin and had awesome benefits, but in reality I don't think they'll give me my job back. Mind you my Dad had something similar happen to him years ago and the company was forced to give him his job back... so who knows.

I've been through hell and back the last 2 months because of these jerkoffs (the company) and I need to get it resolved ASAP. So cross your fingers something good comes out of this.

randman21
09-07-2008, 08:52 PM
I remember this, although I didn't remember that it was you it happened to. Let us know what happens!

Conspiracyof1000
09-07-2008, 09:09 PM
I really hope you get the best out of this situation, it really was unfair.

Cock Joke
09-07-2008, 09:11 PM
They shouldn't have fired you if you had a legitimate excuse. So they have to give you your job back after all this.

Good luck!

Bipolar Bear
09-07-2008, 10:30 PM
*crossesmyfingerstoesandears*

Good luck, Shank!

medi01
09-08-2008, 11:46 AM
normally i'd say that firing some1 for sick leave is harsh...but seeing as its 4 weeks of 'stress leave' then i cant blame them. hardly a determined and motivated employee. if lifes too much of a stress then there are plenty of cliffs to jump off of.

KHWHD
09-08-2008, 11:58 AM
normally i'd say that firing some1 for sick leave is harsh...but seeing as its 4 weeks of 'stress leave' then i cant blame them. hardly a determined and motivated employee. if lifes too much of a stress then there are plenty of cliffs to jump off of.

Yeah well you have a mini-stroke, have both of your parents have a heart attack in the same week and tell me you don't need some time off. Asshat.

Little_Miss_1565
09-08-2008, 12:42 PM

Dude, there are plenty of cliffs to jump off of instead of popping off at the mouth too. Be nice.

medi01
09-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Yeah well you have a mini-stroke, have both of your parents have a heart attack in the same week and tell me you don't need some time off. Asshat.

well a mini-stroke wouldn't be 'stress' so thats understandable for however long you were ill for. k its stressful, but normally u'd take 'compassionate' leave for family deaths, and that wudn't be more than 1 week.

KHWHD
09-08-2008, 12:53 PM
well a mini-stroke wouldn't be 'stress' so thats understandable for however long you were ill for. k its stressful, but normally u'd take 'compassionate' leave for family deaths, and that wudn't be more than 1 week.

Sorry, I live in Canada not the UK. No one died. Please read the post before replying with silly answers you no nothing about.

I guess I'm a pussy cause to me.... that was beyond stressful. Are you a single Mom of a 2 yr. old and a 3 yr. old? Didn't think so. Live my life for a week, then you'll understand what REAL stress is my friend.

medi01
09-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Sorry, I live in Canada not the UK. No one died. Please read the post before replying with silly answers you no nothing about.

I guess I'm a pussy cause to me.... that was beyond stressful. Are you a single Mom of a 2 yr. old and a 3 yr. old? Didn't think so. Live my life for a week, then you'll understand what REAL stress is my friend.

life is tough ... deal with it.....if ur life is especially bad, then tough shit, we can make our own luck

Sunny
09-08-2008, 01:20 PM
medi01, did you come to this thread with the sole intention of being a dickwad? or is this an attempt at a motivational talk?

people react differently to stressful things. by the way, we might "make our own luck", but there is no way to control the way our parents age and get sick. fyi. a little bit of compassion would be nice, even if you think you would handle the situation differently.

Duskygrin
09-08-2008, 04:32 PM

Muahahahaha. You sure are a darling. Say, can I have you around, 24/7? I'd love to hear the sweet music of your voice close to my ear, every second that God makes.

Although, I should add I had this perfectly hideous and disgusting colleague, back when I was an intern in a bank (erm just some months ago actually) who opened the paper one morning, read about some guy suiciding on railway tracks, and shaking his head in anger and revulsion, said "how can you sink so low as to commit suicide".

Well, I think that guy was a bigger jerk than you are, who couldn't possibly fathom that some people's lives may not be all rosy at all. And I couldn't possibly care less if the guy makes it a point of suiciding on railway tracks to annoy passengers and driver. I mean, he SUICIDES. It's bad enough for him. We can bear it and shut up.

All in all, good luck to you, Shank.

medi01
09-09-2008, 10:42 AM
medi01, did you come to this thread with the sole intention of being a dickwad? or is this an attempt at a motivational talk?

people react differently to stressful things. by the way, we might "make our own luck", but there is no way to control the way our parents age and get sick. fyi. a little bit of compassion would be nice, even if you think you would handle the situation differently.

maybe, but then again maybe not.

KHWHD
09-09-2008, 01:33 PM
The bold typing is my reply. Meaning, the truth. And the other is what the company is claiming.

Grounds Claimed - Disability Discrimination

We disagree in regards to discrimination based on disability due to the fact that we were not aware of what her disability was, simply that she could not work for a period of time due to medical reasons.

That's bullshit. I have a short-term disability form dated and signed by my doctor. It says - Expected duration of disability - UNKNOWN. What the primary diagnosis is - SEVERE ANXIETY / DEPRESSION. Prognosis - Please note any restrictions, any complications, and/or limitations, and state prognosis - UNKNOWN. Expected return to work date - UNKNOWN. This letter is dated for 05/01/08.

The original note we received stated she would be away from work for seven days.

Yes, I was at the hospital on April 26th, 2008 and the doctors note said: Terri will need to remain off of work on April 28th, 2008. It was a Saturday, mandatory OT. I went to the hospital the following night with the mini-stroke.

Then 2 days later, I was at the hospital again and the doctors note said: Terri was seen in the ER for acute illness and will be off of work for 7 days.

Terri then applied for short-term disability and was rejected May 14th, 2008.

That was correct.

Terri contacted (blah blah) May 16th, 2008 about returning to work. Based on our conversation it was understood that Terri was able to return to work May 20th, 2008. However she did not return to work and failed to contact us again until May 28th, 2008. At which time she spoke with (blah blah) and told her that she could not return to work because her doctor was on holidays and she could not get a doctors note. Blah then told her to go to another doctor to get a note.

Yes I spoke with her and said I was ready to come back, but she told me that I needed a doctors note in order to return to work. BUT, my doctor was indeed on holidays for 2 weeks. Stupid bitch. You can't just walk into some clinic and ask any doctor to give you a note after being off of work for 4 weeks without knowing any of your history.

Again we did not hear from Terri for some time. She contacted (blah blah) again on June 4th, 2008 and said that she had a doctor's note however she would not be returning to work until Monday June 9th, 2008.

That's bullshit right there. I contacted her on June 5th, NOT June 4th.

In reference to Part 8 of Terri's Application of Complaint Terri stated that she thought she was terminated for being off of work for too long. It was explained to Terri that the reason for termination was neglect of duties based on her failure to return to work for three weeks after her inital return to work conversation with (blah blah) on May 16th, 2008. Upon termination Terri was paid two weeks in leu of notice.

That's ALL bullshit right there. I swear to God that that's what Gary told me. I was off of work for too long and was needed at work. Lying through his fucking teeth.

Member will meet with you to talk about your Application. The member will also meet with the Applicant(s) and will try to work out a solution that both sides can accept. If Mediation does not settle all the issues, a hearing will still take place and a different Member will be assigned to here the case. Mediation is confidential.

Do you agree to try mediation? And he ticked off YES.

Vball_Rocker
09-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Wow, thats fucked up. =\

Static_Martyr
09-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Sounds like fun.

And mind you, I don't mean the good kind....

KHWHD
09-09-2008, 10:20 PM
maybe, but then again maybe not.

Go bang your ass.

Conspiracyof1000
09-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Life's so perfect, isn't it?
Not meant to be rude, just in case it came out that way.

medi01
09-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Go bang your ass.

i no i've got a big cock, but it aint that big:D

[[Meli.x]]
09-11-2008, 04:35 PM
i no i've got a big cock, but it aint that big:D

You are a fucking idiot.
how the hell can you come on here, and talk down someone who is in the position Shank is in?
What makes you so fucking special..
I dont care if i get a telling off for calling you an arrogant, I-Know-Everything arsehole. because you really are.
are you really that retarded.
You are what is wrong with society.. its fuckups like you who reduce our race to what it is..

Anyway... Shank, i really really do hope everything goes the way you want it to. I dont know much about law, and i dont know if a doctor keeps a copy or record of any sicknotes they write and sign and whatever, but if they do, then maybe you could take those with you?
i dont know how the legal system works.. but it could be worth a try..
Best of luck :)*thumbs up*

medi01
09-12-2008, 11:26 AM
];1184043']You are a fucking idiot.
how the hell can you come on here, and talk down someone who is in the position Shank is in?
What makes you so fucking special..
I dont care if i get a telling off for calling you an arrogant, I-Know-Everything arsehole. because you really are.
are you really that retarded.
You are what is wrong with society.. its fuckups like you who reduce our race to what it is..

and its liberal scum like you who are turning our country into a recession for the first time, like ever.

jacknife737
09-12-2008, 11:37 AM
and its liberal scum like you who are turning our country into a recession for the first time, like ever.

You're certainly making a lot of friends on the bbs...

Andy
09-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Boy, I'm feeling thirsty..

Sunny
09-12-2008, 12:23 PM

i see that you try hard to live up to your user title...

nieh
09-12-2008, 12:37 PM

... what?

[[Meli.x]]
09-12-2008, 01:23 PM

I am not liberal.
i just think you are a dickhead.

Edit:
And by the way, this is NOT the first recession, bellend.
Plus, if people like me, 16 year old students, are causing the recession then im sure the government would have bigger problems than the recession, such as, why the fuck are an ass load of students taking over the country.
Think it through.

And your little tagline thing seems pretty apropriate for you
'Thinking is overrated'
We can see you think so.

Tyler Durden
09-12-2008, 01:35 PM

Bill Clinton cleared the national debt. And Bush ran it to the trillions.

Sunny
09-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Bill Clinton cleared the national debt. And Bush ran it to the trillions.

i think he was talking about the UK...