PDA

View Full Version : Small Clubs vs Big arenas

lost_nvrfound
09-08-2008, 08:36 AM
If you could have your way, would you rather the Offspring to do a mostly small clubs tour or large venue type stuff?

KHWHD
09-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Small. More intimate in my opinion. :)

chriiis
09-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Small, its very mmm, orgasmic jajajaajja :p

Rooster
09-08-2008, 08:54 AM
I'd prefer small clubs tour, but i wouldn't mind it being in a big arena if they came near my place...

Oxygene
09-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Actually that's a bad question, both shows have their ups and downs... Of course since small shows are more rare people are gonna vote for that figure: if you can see them at a large venue anyway..

But if forced to choose, I'd go with clubs. But I think it's like this... 2 festivals 2 arena shows and 1 club show.. then keep rotating it :)

KHWHD
09-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Actually that's a bad question, both shows have their ups and downs... Of course since small shows are more rare people are gonna vote for that figure: if you can see them at a large venue anyway..

But if forced to choose, I'd go with clubs. But I think it's like this... 2 festivals 2 arena shows and 1 club show.. then keep rotating it :)

That's true. I guess Karin could have put festivals down as well cause I know a lot of people like those.

Me of course, anywhere I could see them would make me happy.

jacknife737
09-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Well, obviously i'm going to pick the small, more intimate setting. Especially for punk shows. However, i'd be fine wherever the band books their venues (as long as i can go!). The band (at least for the first leg of the tour will more then likely be plaing mid-sized venues, but i think it be cool if they did a mini club tour, and play say half a dozen or so small club dates across the major cities in North America.

dff_punk
09-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Since I already saw them on a festival(along with 20000 other people) the small club show is the one thing I would like to attend some time.

ad8
09-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Imo, small venues are better because the band can communicate with the fans and there is a better atmosphere.

Oxygene
09-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Imo, small venues are better because the band can communicate with the fans and there is a better atmosphere.

Yeah but there's no comparison.. you could never get away with a bunch of entartaining funny shit at club shows that you can with at bigger shows..

I think there is a healthy balance like I said few of these few of those.. best of both worlds

lost_nvrfound
09-08-2008, 09:32 AM
See, thats why i did a one or the other.

I would count in festivals under big venues, because... well... duh

I really love both. They are such different atmospheres. There's nothing like seeing 20,000 people rocking out at the same time. There is just nothing to compare to that.

Quite frankly, the main reason I'd choose club shows is that there is a greater chance to meet them afterwards. There are some things that are so cool about being so close, but I also love the wide open big shows.

Oxygene
09-08-2008, 09:40 AM
See, thats why i did a one or the other.

I would count in festivals under big venues, because... well... duh

Actually it's different, festivals are great, 'cause the guys are pumped to play with bands they like, plus it's a lot less hassle for them, so it's a bit more laid back, and you get stuff like dave grohl doing percussions on I Choose etc. So fests are a different genre. Arena shows on tour are good 'cause they have their own stage set up effects etc, and they have a lot of creative controll.

Club shows are good, 'cause they enjoy the closeness...

I really love both. They are such different atmospheres. There's nothing like seeing 20,000 people rocking out at the same time. There is just nothing to compare to that.

Quite frankly, the main reason I'd choose club shows is that there is a greater chance to meet them afterwards. There are some things that are so cool about being so close, but I also love the wide open big shows.

Actually that's not necciseraly true, about bigger chance in meeting them afterwards. I think it's about the same :)

Greekoldfan
09-08-2008, 10:43 AM
the feeling in a gig in a small club is different.its like the old time.the band has a contact with the fans,there are only the huge fans there,so everybody has more energy.moreover, they play some other songs

Rutegard
09-08-2008, 11:37 AM
small clubs for sure!

Blitzkrieg Bop
09-08-2008, 11:51 AM
I voted for small clubs and the reason is that the band can really interact with the crowd and look at the songs that they played at the Paris show, they really don't do that in Big Arenas.

Rutegard
09-08-2008, 11:58 AM
I voted for small clubs and the reason is that the band can really interact with the crowd and look at the songs that they played at the Paris show, they really don't do that in Big Arenas.

and because they can throw guitar picks and you can actually catch them LOL

Kennytar
09-08-2008, 12:04 PM
TBH, I don't care as long as I can see them. Big artists doesn't give shows in pubs here, so that's not an option anyway.

BUT I would love to go to listen to them in a small club.

Blitzkrieg Bop
09-08-2008, 12:12 PM
and because they can throw guitar picks and you can actually catch them LOL

LOL, that will always remain a classic, but you forgot the offspring artwork on them :D

Catching them is way beyond classic ;)

Rutegard
09-08-2008, 12:32 PM
LOL, that will always remain a classic, but you forgot the offspring artwork on them :D

Catching them is way beyond classic ;)

oh yeah the cliche statement LOL

Stylie
09-08-2008, 01:10 PM
As someone said, both shows have their 'ups' and 'downs'. It must be awesome to rock and digg'em with many thousands around you, but it would also be cool with small shows.

So I chosed the last options, because I really want them to come 'nearby', wouldn't care for what show they would do then.

lost_nvrfound
09-08-2008, 02:01 PM
I think any big show is so freaking AWESOME! I saw Van Halen when they were touring last year. It was the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life. The big shows are just so spectacular. Thank god that I wasn't in front of Eddie's stacks. We were on the side right up by the stage. I'm told it was incredibly painful from the front of the stage, even up in the nosebleed section. It was by far the greatest experience I've ever had!

Cock Joke
09-08-2008, 02:29 PM
I'm happy with them just playing nearby.

Oxygene
09-09-2008, 03:58 AM
I think any big show is so freaking AWESOME! I saw Van Halen when they were touring last year. It was the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life. The big shows are just so spectacular. Thank god that I wasn't in front of Eddie's stacks. We were on the side right up by the stage. I'm told it was incredibly painful from the front of the stage, even up in the nosebleed section. It was by far the greatest experience I've ever had!

nose bleed section?

KHWHD
09-09-2008, 04:16 AM
nose bleed section?

It's a sports term. Like say for instance you're at a hockey game and you're sitting really far back where you could get hit with a puck... that's the nose blood section. ;)

Rutegard
09-09-2008, 06:03 AM
It's a sports term. Like say for instance you're at a hockey game and you're sitting really far back where you could get hit with a puck... that's the nose blood section. ;)

oh thanks...i didn't know either :)

zsk
09-09-2008, 07:16 AM
they should make a concert here:D:
http://www.stadionwelt.de/wmspecial/templates/stadionguides/frankfurt/images/luft_01.jpg

http://gblx.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundodeporte/especiales/2005/12/mundialalemania2006/img/estadios/commerzbank_arena.jpg

that would be great!!!
then they could made a dvd from this performance

Rutegard
09-09-2008, 07:38 AM
they should make a concert here:D:

http://gblx.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundodeporte/especiales/2005/12/mundialalemania2006/img/estadios/commerzbank_arena.jpg

that would be great!!!
then they could made a dvd from this performance

nah....i'd prefer a DVD from a small club :D ya know? sweet interaction :D

lost_nvrfound
09-09-2008, 01:15 PM
nose bleed section?

Like way up at the top in the very back.

nameless
09-09-2008, 06:44 PM
as much as id like to see them play a club show id be happy seeing them at an arena as well which is what normally happens!

Ryder1234
09-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Well the ideal place in my town isn't really a club, but it's capacity is about 700 or so. Pretty small.

Smash punker
09-10-2008, 05:52 AM
Clubs, clubs and clubs! Fuck huge crowds and their arenas. I wanna have some space around and not being smashed by others and feel like shit during the gig! :D just punk-rock gigs at clubs! :D

lost_nvrfound
09-10-2008, 07:51 AM
Clubs, clubs and clubs! Fuck huge crowds and their arenas. I wanna have some space around and not being smashed by others and feel like shit during the gig! :D just punk-rock gigs at clubs! :D

Like there'd ever be any space in a Offspring show at a club... Every one that they've done in the last few years was torso to torso, jam packed.

Oxygene
09-10-2008, 07:54 AM

Club shows are much more hardcore up front then regular ones... esp because of stage diving

Smash punker
09-19-2008, 05:26 AM
You guys donīt know, what I meant. At the huge gig. Youīre as you said torso to torso, but at a club show, thereīs a space for pogo! :D So you donīt stand at one place the whole gig.

Ill.be.waiting.
09-19-2008, 12:18 PM
I don't care really...i've never seen them live...
and i don't know if they're coming to my country
so :P
I just want to see them performing
no matter where
lucky those who can choose between those two options

lost_nvrfound
09-19-2008, 12:39 PM
You guys donīt know, what I meant. At the huge gig. Youīre as you said torso to torso, but at a club show, thereīs a space for pogo! :D So you donīt stand at one place the whole gig.

club shows are just as or even more packed.

F@ BANKZ
09-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Small, but there's still also a charm to larger venues.

cool 2 hate 681
09-19-2008, 02:15 PM
small is fine as long as they are not those free shows