PDA

View Full Version : So, Whats the status on the songs for RAFRAG?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Free?
02-25-2009, 08:18 AM
:D :D :D
Oh man, hahaha!
A sudden explosion of enthusiasm, that's fucking awesome!

I don't know the exact status of how songs are done, but I believe that the first post is up to date.

1. Half-Truism - Felldrake (Done)
2. Trust In You - Raptor88 (Done)
3. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid - Will be sung by Teff (I'll.be.waiting), guitar by stylie (NEEDS 2nd GUITAR)
4. Hammerhead (DONE)
5. A Lot Like Me (DONE)
6. Takes Me Nowhere - Raptor88 (NEEDS EVERYTHING) WHO WAS IT THAT DID THAT ONE INSTRUMENTAL VERSION THAT I HAVE?
7. Kristy, Are You Doing Okay? (DONE)
8. Nothingtown - Lost (DONE)
9. Stuff Is Messed Up - Ryder 1234, sung by Static and Lost (NEEDS BASS)
10. Fix You (DONE)
11. Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom - Ryder, to be sung by Randman, drums by thomas? (NEEDS EVERYTHING)
12. Rise And Fall - Superdope, sung by Motacos (maybe) (NEEDS BASS AND VOCALS)
13. O.C. Life (DONE)

Bass and drums are needed the most as usual, from what I can see, Takes Me Nowhere still needs vocals (I might be wrong!), also I have a faith in Motacos even though he's a rare bird here. I'll make a little investigation about him ;].

On a sidenote. It won't be a problem to include some more covers as bonus material, like brothadave's "Nothingtown", so I encourage you to make a cover of an already "taken" song, if it will be okay with you that it will appear as bonus stuff. So go ahead and collaborate, if you want an instrumental track to do your vocals, ask for it!

Correct me if I'm wrong about anything!

Oxygene
02-25-2009, 08:28 AM
I can sing some, too, if singers are needed.

So stoked that Dexter posted here!!

I didn't know about this thread before.. I wish I had. When they were collecting cover songs I contributed my bands cover of Moonlight Shadow.

I'd really love to do one here.. someone who knows whats going on could get in touch :)

Ill.be.waiting.
02-25-2009, 08:32 AM
Wow, thanks everybody for working on covers...that's very flattering.

Thank you dexter, if you wouldn't do such incredible music, we wouldn't be inspired to do all these things, you're our inspiration.
And I hope someday you could listen to the songs when they're finished

Ill.be.waiting.
02-25-2009, 08:35 AM
This is a really good thing, now the songs are going to be done really fast because we're so excited haha, at least i am!
I can't believe it.

Les Paul Girl
02-25-2009, 08:41 AM
i vote for Les Paul Girl for a singer too.

i like her voice a lot!!

Oh, thanks :o
I'd love to do some vocals if there's still need for it...

Ill.be.waiting.
02-25-2009, 08:42 AM
[b][size=3]
So go ahead and collaborate, if you want an instrumental track to do your vocals, ask for it!

Please i want yggfk to do the vocals! that would be awesome

Free?
02-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Please i want yggfk to do the vocals! that would be awesome

Don't worry, you're on the "official" list :P.

Ill.be.waiting.
02-25-2009, 09:07 AM
Don't worry, you're on the "official" list :P.

Sorry, I didn't expressed myself properly :P
I was talking of the instrumental part, so I can follow the song

_Lost_
02-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Wow, thanks everybody for working on covers...that's very flattering.

holy crap! words can't express what I feel at the moment!

Oh hey, I'm going to try to finish the guitar for simu today or tomorrow (if i have a chance to breathe between now and then. i'm sooo busy.)

Sarah, you wanna do the vocal track for it? I was gonna, but you haven't done anything for it yet. Static_martyr is doing the fast part though.

Rutegard
02-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Oh, thanks :o
I'd love to do some vocals if there's still need for it...

is there anything this girl can sing?

she really sings fucking well by the way!
ask free? :)

Gustavo
02-25-2009, 09:55 AM
So stoked that Dexter posted here!!

So am I!

It just got me more excited than I was.
Also - Dexter, if you get to read this, I want you to know that we also are working on the artwork for the RAFRAG covered by us album.
If you want to check it out, just check the link below out:
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34843

Jules69
02-25-2009, 03:10 PM
So am I!

It just got me more excited than I was.
Also - Dexter, if you get to read this, I want you to know that we also are working on the artwork for the RAFRAG covered by us album.
If you want to check it out, just check the link below out:
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34843

I am on another board, and the artists are not on there!! I am so stoked to see that some artists really do care what their fans think!!!! Think of this!!! If I or u were famous, I would want to know first hand what at least the die hard fans thought!!!!;)

Stylie
02-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Alright _Lost_.

So, if no one has recorded the solos for YGGFK yet (like when I was gone, sorry), I'm still in for doing it. School takes a lot of energy (vacation now!), and I've just been too busy and lazy - but don't misunderstand me, I really want this to be finished too! And yeah, maybe pathetic of me for coming with excuses, but it's the truth...

Btw, anyone got correct solo tab? I've found a few ones, but I'm not quite satisfied. We'll see. But if anyone got, let me know.
I got this video I'm editing too, but I'll try to record it within the vacation (damn, I shouldn't said that, but ok).

And Dexter, nice of you to leave a message here. We appreciate it really much, thanks!

jacknife737
02-25-2009, 10:13 PM
This thread has been pretty fun, we have lots of very talented musicians on this bbs. It's too bad i'm pretty much void of relevant musical talent, i wish I could have contributed in some useful manner. Perhaps if the band ever writes a proper ska song, i would totally grab an alto sax (high school band FTW) and be all over that!

Also, pretty cool that Dexter noticed and is appreciative.

_Lost_
02-25-2009, 10:35 PM
we had never intended to reproduce the songs the way they were originally recorded. it just seems to have gone that way. everything sounds good, but i was hoping more people would have their way with the songs than they did. we still have time. i need to add some more to simu before i feel comfortable releasing it, seeing as it still sounds too much like the original.

Llamas
02-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Cool to see a comment from Dexter. :) I wish I had more time/energy and could actually get around to doing what I've said I'd do for this. I'm still claiming the vocals for Takes Me Nowhere, though... and eventually gonna take care of the synth and piano parts for Fix You.

randman21
02-26-2009, 03:04 AM
I suddenly have the great to urge to play guitar for a song. Sorry to ask this when there's a list right in front of me, but...are there any free songs? If there is, but someone asked before me, it's all yours. Rock Bottom would be the one I want least, but I'll take it...you know, Kevin being a bum and all.;)

darea
02-26-2009, 03:14 AM
I suddenly have the great to urge to play guitar for a song. Sorry to ask this when there's a list right in front of me, but...are there any free songs? If there is, but someone asked before me, it's all yours. Rock Bottom would be the one I want least, but I'll take it...you know, Kevin being a bum and all.;)

I'd have liked you to do "Half truism"! WHo's doing that? And isn't the Trust in you version with You, Lost and Becca on the list?

I have totally not been following this rafrag covered by us thing so sorry if im asking silly questions...

randman21
02-26-2009, 03:18 AM
I'd have liked you to do "Half truism"! WHo's doing that? And isn't the Trust in you version with You, Lost and Becca on the list?

I have totally not been following this rafrag covered by us thing so sorry if im asking silly questions...
Umm, you're completely off. Both of those are done already. And Lost, Becca, llamas sung on Half-Truism

darea
02-26-2009, 03:24 AM
Umm, you're completely off. Both of those are done already. And Lost, Becca, llamas sung on Half-Truism

lol. Ok well I give up trying to remember it all. Can't someone post a new post with what has been done so far, just so that I know? I'm talking about half truism because I have a version of yours, and I like it! lol But that's okay, if its been done, its been done...

Free?
02-26-2009, 03:29 AM
I believe I did that few pages before (when all the fuzz started again after Dexter's post). Also the first post in this thread is being updated so you can always check it for things like that.

darea
02-26-2009, 03:38 AM
I believe I did that few pages before (when all the fuzz started again after Dexter's post). Also the first post in this thread is being updated so you can always check it for things like that.

Okay thanks. I think I saw your post , and it confused me and I didn't know what was going on anymore. But going back to the first post is of course the best thing to do. So I'll do that.

_Lost_
02-26-2009, 09:04 AM
i don't care randy. if you have any ideas for simu, i'd be open to guitar input on that. i want to add in lots of extra guitar. you know... make it all hard core and stuff... or something like that...

Free?
02-26-2009, 09:19 AM
_Lost_ said it already, but...I've said it before, I'll say it again - don't afraid to add some experiments in songs, it's very cool if you add something new to songs, nothing wrong with a cover being different from original. I would easily add some weird intro, an additional solo, different tempo part, different vocals, my own additional lyrics... the list can go on... turn on your imagination!

It's easy for me to say cause I'm doing nothing eheh... and I think the biggest problem is that songs are recorded by pieces, so everyone's following originals, well, that's logically...

_Lost_
02-26-2009, 09:36 AM
i've been adding bits here and there. i have no fear! RAWR!

Rutegard
02-26-2009, 10:10 AM
dont u just like when u r ignored?

im gonna ask it again, maybe the luck start will be on my side this time, is there any vocals needed?

Free?
02-26-2009, 10:36 AM
My dear Anabela de Sousa Borges, I would be absolutely happy about Les Paul Girl doing some vocals here or there, but unfortunately at the moment I have an impression that all the few songs that still aren't done already have their singers. I could only ask if somebody wants to "share" their song with her, as I said, all the experiments are welcome, there might be few vocalists for a single song. I could also offer her to choose what songs does she wants to sing, so it'll get into "bonus stuff", I think it's possible to get an instrumental track for any song. It's not like everybody ignores you, folks are just focused on doing what they claimed.

Les Paul Girl, I suggest you to check the first page of this thread for songs' status, if you're really interested in any incomplete song, don't be shy and post what you could offer. No one's gonna bite you :), really, if you have any questions - ask. Please read carefully, don't miss anything from what I've said because I'm repeating such things quite regularly.

For everyone else, Les Paul Girl really can sing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vethnZNpUuY), can't anyone offer any "job" for her?

Rutegard
02-26-2009, 10:45 AM
My dear Anabela de Sousa Borges, I would be absolutely happy about Les Paul Girl doing some vocals here or there, but unfortunately at the moment I have an impression that all the few songs that still aren't done already have their singers. I could only ask if somebody wants to "share" their song with her, as I said, all the experiments are welcome, there might be few vocalists for a single song. I could also offer her to choose what songs does she wants to sing, so it'll get into "bonus stuff", I think it's possible to get an instrumental track for any song. It's not like everybody ignores you, folks are just focused on doing what they claimed.

Les Paul Girl, I suggest you to check the first page of this thread for songs' status, if you're really interested in any incomplete song, don't be shy and post what you could offer. No one's gonna bite you :), really, if you have any questions - ask. Please read carefully, don't miss anything from what I've said because I'm repeating such things quite regularly.

For everyone else, Les Paul Girl really can sing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vethnZNpUuY), can't anyone offer any "job" for her?

THANK YOU

/Rutegard hugs Free?

really nice to know my full name huh? u got my attention right away ahahah

thanks for the time just to say no, or yes, or maybe :) REALLY.

_Lost_
02-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Has it not been readily apparent to everyone that I've been trying to give away the vocals for simu?

she wants 'em, she can have 'em.

I don't have time nor the patience nor the energy to do anything for this aside from what i've already done.

I will finish the guitar part for simu and the art for kristy. Then I will make the final zip file of everything (artwork and music) once it is all together because that way I only have to upload the final mixes one more time seeing as the ones in my sig are nowhere near current. I would also like make the 'release' thread as to prevent any further messes with extra threads. Aside from that, I can't and won't be much more help aside from some final mixing of YGGFK and simu and others that i mastered.

This is what i decree and I will update the first post to say the same. I want you guys to get on the ball to finish this thing up. there are plenty here. stop asking me whats available. I only know what I've put in my first post.

we don't necessarily need real drums if thats an issue for people. we can always use digital tracks. theres nothing wrong with that and we've done it a hundred times before.

EDIT: That being said, if I had the time and energy, I would soooo be rerecording the vocals for Hammerhead... they're awful.

Les Paul Girl
02-26-2009, 05:30 PM
If _Lost_ really wants to give up the vocals for SIMU I would love to do them. It's one of my favourite tracks on the RAFRAG album!

I'm aware that Tim wants do to the fast part and that suites me more than fine since I think I wouldn't do them very good. :cool:

_Lost_
02-26-2009, 06:57 PM
works for me. I'll upload the tracks for you to record to sometime this weekend if i can.

Les Paul Girl
02-26-2009, 07:27 PM
works for me. I'll upload the tracks for you to record to sometime this weekend if i can.

Thanks, this should be great fun!!

_Lost_
02-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Has it not been readily apparent to everyone that I've been trying to give away the vocals for simu?

she wants 'em, she can have 'em.

I don't have time nor the patience nor the energy to do anything for this aside from what i've already done.

I will finish the guitar part for simu and the art for kristy. Then I will make the final zip file of everything (artwork and music) once it is all together because that way I only have to upload the final mixes one more time seeing as the ones in my sig are nowhere near current. I would also like make the 'release' thread as to prevent any further messes with extra threads. Aside from that, I can't and won't be much more help aside from some final mixing of YGGFK and simu and others that i mastered.

This is what i decree and I will update the first post to say the same. I want you guys to get on the ball to finish this thing up. there are plenty here. stop asking me whats available. I only know what I've put in my first post.

we don't necessarily need real drums if thats an issue for people. we can always use digital tracks. theres nothing wrong with that and we've done it a hundred times before.

EDIT: That being said, if I had the time and energy, I would soooo be rerecording the vocals for Hammerhead... they're awful.

I'm just quoting this so that it will have been said twice. I swear to god don't ignore me this time! I'm tired of having similar posts in this thread ignored.

Ryder1234
02-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Rock Bottom would be the one I want least, but I'll take it...you know, Kevin being a bum and all.;)

aw hell nah! jk but yeah, im still doing rock bottom. ive decided to actually... do something. and i might... what is it called?... post again :p

and dexter posting here is pretty sweet. well actually, the same could be said about him posting in general... but still, its pretty awesome. thanks dex!

randman21
02-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Haha, nice! Come on home, Bubba! Your room's exactly the way you left it. ;)

_Lost_
02-26-2009, 11:56 PM
maybe i've finally harassed him enough.

randman21
02-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Good jorb. And, Kev, I only called you that because Karin did. :o

Rutegard
02-27-2009, 05:23 AM
Thanks, this should be great fun!!

oh, i've done my mission here!
can't wait to hear it :)

Les Paul Girl
02-27-2009, 09:27 AM
I've spent some time now reading through this thread and I just wanted to say that I think what you have done here is really impressive! :eek: I've listened to some of the tracks too and it sounds great!

Can't wait to hear the final result!

Rutegard
02-27-2009, 09:44 AM
i must admit, i havent heard a lot like me yet. but the others r splendid!!

Superdope
02-27-2009, 09:52 AM
If anyone needs any vocal part for a song, be it backing vocals, a little part, whatever, I'm up for it.

randman21
02-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Can you hit the notes in "Rock Bottom"? I'd welcome any backing vox you could come up with.

Superdope
02-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Can you hit the notes in "Rock Bottom"? I'd welcome any backing vox you could come up with.

I'll give it a try :)

offs55
02-27-2009, 07:53 PM
I can play the 2nd GUITAR on You're gonna go far kid

RAFAyEL
02-28-2009, 06:02 AM
important is the aim

Superdope
02-28-2009, 06:43 AM
If nobody claims SIMU I'm want to sing it...

Did anyone claim it yet?

randman21
02-28-2009, 06:46 AM
Actually, I think Les Paul Girl did.

Free?
02-28-2009, 06:47 AM
If nobody claims SIMU I'm want to sing it...

Did anyone claim it yet?

Les Paul Girl and Static_Martyr are going to do SIMU vocals, sowwy dood ;|

Superdope
02-28-2009, 06:50 AM
Well, whoop-de-doo!

I'll just stick with backing on Rock Bottom, then! Any news on that subject?

randman21
02-28-2009, 07:11 AM
^Heck no. Teff's boyfriend is going to wrangle some drums together, "whoever" is gonna do bass, and Ryder1234 will do guitar. I can't express my impatience enough. :D

_Lost_
02-28-2009, 11:23 AM
he's been working on that. teff is also working on the vocals for yggfk this weekend from what i understand.

Stylie
03-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Just to make you guys update - I'm unfortunately not quite finished with the solo yet, so it's not gonna be finished today. I'll see what I can do again tomorrow!

bhg_rulz2
03-04-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm a little lost haha

what songs are you planning to cover?

what's the status?

T-6005
03-04-2009, 01:42 PM
It's too bad all I could offer to do is guitar and you seem to have all of that covered.

_Lost_
03-04-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm a little lost haha

what songs are you planning to cover?

what's the status?

see first post on the first page.

Static_Martyr
03-05-2009, 02:53 PM
The first post says that SIMU needs bass (and apparently my vocals?), is that correct? If you can hook me up with an mp3 download (no .mp4s or .m3us or anything weird like that, my PC can't open them) of the drum track and guitar, then I can hook ya up with some bass (and maybe vox)~

Free?
03-05-2009, 02:56 PM
The first post says that SIMU needs bass (and apparently my vocals?), is that correct? If you can hook me up with an mp3 download (no .mp4s or .m3us or anything weird like that, my PC can't open them) of the drum track and guitar, then I can hook ya up with some bass (and maybe vox)~

You're doing the "shopping sprees" fast part, Les Paul Girl will sing the rest.

Static_Martyr
03-05-2009, 03:20 PM
^Schweet~ What about "la la la la las?" Are those covered, as well?

I don't really care whether I do them or not, I just want to be sure they're in there :D Not having the la la las in SIMU would be like not having "whoa, yeahs" in Self Esteem....

Les Paul Girl
03-05-2009, 05:35 PM
^Schweet~ What about "la la la la las?" Are those covered, as well?

I don't really care whether I do them or not, I just want to be sure they're in there :D Not having the la la las in SIMU would be like not having "whoa, yeahs" in Self Esteem....

Yeah, the Lalala's are essential! :)
I could do them, but I think it would sound better with some contrasting vocals - are you up for it Tim?

Static_Martyr
03-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Why....I think I might just be~

Translation: If you don't wanna do 'em, I call dibs!

randman21
03-05-2009, 08:54 PM
I vote for Tim doing the "lalalalala"s. Heh, I can hear it now.

Also, I'm pretty sure you're the only one here who is playing bass for this project, haha. So that SIMU bass part is still needing to be done.

Les Paul Girl
03-06-2009, 04:26 AM
Why....I think I might just be~

Translation: If you don't wanna do 'em, I call dibs!

They're yours then :)

_Lost_
03-06-2009, 07:38 AM
this is not a final mix, but can be used to record the vocals and bass. Just send me your tracks when you do them. You guys know how this works. :)

http://www.savefile.com/files/2029217

Free?
03-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Mussstt resisssst.... :D

_Lost_
03-06-2009, 09:07 AM
not much longer free?. (at least I hope not. :o)

Static_Martyr
03-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Alright, here's mah bass line. It's really low-fi (sorry....my mixer took a shit on me this morning, and now I can only record in mono because the left channel is completely shot....gonna need a new one very soon), but hopefully it'll still work.

Also, I noticed that the mix thus far is really low-centric; it was kinda hard to find a frequency to record bass in that isn't drowned out by the mix. So I did what I could; maybe you can fix it, if it doesn't work.

In any case, lucky for you guys, I'm off the next three days and I have nowhere to go, so in what time I don't waste playing Persona 4 again, I'll be free to do instrumentations and whatnot~ Just drop me a line if ya need anything.

P.S. You'll probably want that link, won't you?

My groove-tastic bass line...on sync this time~ = http://www.sendspace.com/file/lkztib

Static_Martyr
03-06-2009, 10:22 AM
P.S.

*SQUEEEEEAAALLL*

Dexter Holland posted in our topic!!! HOW THE HELL DID I MISS THIS?!

EDIT: Crap, sorry for the double-post....I was just so beside myself with joy upon realizing that the Dex Man himself had posted here, that I forgot I had just posted a message 0_0

randman21
03-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Hahaha, I don't know how you missed that either. People who had never heard of the Your Band section were all up ons when they heard that Dex posted here. Luckily, I was just getting home from work when he made his cameo. ;)

Les Paul Girl
03-06-2009, 11:50 AM
this is not a final mix, but can be used to record the vocals and bass. Just send me your tracks when you do them. You guys know how this works. :)

http://www.savefile.com/files/2029217

This sounds great!

I forgot to bring home the good mic from work today, but I'll go back there tomorrow or Sunday to borrow it.

What file format do you prefer on the tracks?

_Lost_
03-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Also, I noticed that the mix thus far is really low-centric; it was kinda hard to find a frequency to record bass in that isn't drowned out by the mix. So I did what I could; maybe you can fix it, if it doesn't work.

My groove-tastic bass line...on sync this time~ = http://www.sendspace.com/file/lkztib
thanks! and like I said, ITS NOT MIXED! Just synced. I haven't sdjusted any of the settings so yeah.

Hahaha, I don't know how you missed that either. People who had never heard of the Your Band section were all up ons when they heard that Dex posted here.
even ninthz knew about it. :eek:

EDIT: format needs to be either mp3 or wav

Outerspaceman21
03-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Wish I could contribute.

Can't wait to hear the full, finish product

Stylie
03-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Haven't worked with the solo this week, but now that it's weekend (saturday, sunday) again I'm here.

So! I just learned the few missing parts in the solo tonight. I think I got a little bit to high tone in it, and I'm 100% sure that the way I play it is different, though it sounds pretty good. So I'm a little bit unsure...but I'll record it tomorrow so you guys can judge, okey?

_Lost_
03-07-2009, 07:43 PM
go for it. then we'll judge you and inform you of all your inadequacies as a guitarist. every. last. one.

ninthz
03-07-2009, 11:07 PM
even ninthz knew about it. :eek:
To be fair, 1565 told me about it.

_Lost_
03-08-2009, 03:41 AM
To be fair, 1565 told me about it.
lol! but still... KNOWLEDGE!

Stylie
03-08-2009, 07:42 AM
go for it. then we'll judge you and inform you of all your inadequacies as a guitarist. every. last. one.

Hahah, that's sounds great, ehm. I'm pleased. xD

Les Paul Girl
03-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Okay, so I've recorded some vocals for SIMU today. Had to record them with my own mic, though. I can borrow a better mic for next weekend if you think it's bad quality, but unfortunatly not until then.

It would be great if someone (Tim?) could do some backing vocals. It feels like they're missing at a couple of places (please leave a message..., by Bud Light, put him back)

Vocals here:
http://www.savefile.com/files/2031731

Let me know if you think I should do something different - I can redo it if needed.

Stylie
03-08-2009, 02:57 PM
http://www.savefile.com/files/2031873
Does it sound okey? If so, I'll try to record it properly tomorrow.

And Les Paul Girl, I can see on your avatar that you got a Vox amp - nice! I got one too. Mine is Vox AD30VT, really good.

randman21
03-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Hehe, Lilly, is there any way you could convert that into mp3. It's kinda huge, and I'm anxious to hear it. ;)

EDIT: Sounds awesome, Stylie!!

Les Paul Girl
03-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Hehe, just for you Randy...
http://www.savefile.com/files/2031964

Stylie: Mine is an AD15VT - I like it so far :)

Rutegard
03-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Hehe, just for you Randy...
http://www.savefile.com/files/2031964

i already downloaded it , but i cant hear it right now :(

neither yours Stylie....but hopefully tomorrow i will :)

damn, cant wait

Stylie
03-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Okeydokey, I'll see if I can record the solos properly tomorrow then!

Aha! I got that first too (and was really happy about it), but after a little while it got this weird sound sometimes (hard to explaine)... I gave the amp to the music store I bought it from, but they didn't found it out either, so they had to send it to this Vox factory. I was gonna get a new amp then, but I could also just pay a little bit more and get the 30 watts. I wanted to do that because it's a much louder sound in it, and the price difference between them was barly noticeable. So, pity about my 15 watter, but I was also kinda "lucky", heh.

Les Paul Girl
03-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Aha! I got that first too (and was really happy about it), but after a little while it got this weird sound sometimes (hard to explaine)... I gave the amp to the music store I bought it from, but they didn't found it out either, so they had to send it to this Vox factory. I was gonna get a new amp then, but I could also just pay a little bit more and get the 30 watts. I wanted to do that because it's a much louder sound in it, and the price difference between them was barly noticeable. So, pity about my 15 watter, but I was also kinda "lucky", heh.

Yeah, that was lucky for you at least! :) (Let's hope mine will work as it should, though, don't feel like I wanna go through that).

Btw. I listned to your solo and I thought it sounded good. I haven't listned too carefully to the original, though, so I wouldn't know if it's exactly the same.

randman21
03-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Thanks, Lilly! It's damn good. :D You must give me voice lessons some day.

EDIT: Everybody's getting these Vox Valvetronix amps. I feel sorta left out.

Les Paul Girl
03-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks, Lilly! It's damn good. :D You must give me voice lessons some day.

Thanks, Randy :)
Just head over to Sweden and we'll see what we can arrange :p

Static_Martyr
03-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Okay, so I've recorded some vocals for SIMU today. Had to record them with my own mic, though. I can borrow a better mic for next weekend if you think it's bad quality, but unfortunatly not until then.

It would be great if someone (Tim?) could do some backing vocals. It feels like they're missing at a couple of places (please leave a message..., by Bud Light, put him back)

Vocals here:
http://www.savefile.com/files/2031731

Let me know if you think I should do something different - I can redo it if needed.

If you could post an MP3 version of that for me, that would be awesome....I have a 200MB/day cap for downloads with this internet service, and so I can't really download a 50MB+ file without seriously inconveniencing my folks...sorry :(

In any case, I am totally ready to do some backing vocals, but I work tomorrow, so I might be just a little while (probably a day or two).

Les Paul Girl
03-08-2009, 06:12 PM
^
That's great! I'm really looking forward to hearing your Shopping sprees and Lalala's and whatever backing vocals you can come up with :)

I posted an mp3 for Randy earlier, you're allowed to download that too :p
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1273764&postcount=581

_Lost_
03-08-2009, 07:59 PM
sounds damn good stylie! I love how smooth you make it sound there!

sounds great les paul girl! i'll start working on the mix, but i had to redo some of the guitar parts.

Rutegard
03-09-2009, 10:32 AM
^
That's great! I'm really looking forward to hearing your Shopping sprees and Lalala's and whatever backing vocals you can come up with :)

I posted an mp3 for Randy earlier, you're allowed to download that too :p
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1273764&postcount=581

oh i liked it a lot!!!!!

very original and potent :D

Stylie
03-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Oh thanks _Lost_, that's nice!

Yeah, that was lucky for you at least! :) (Let's hope mine will work as it should, though, don't feel like I wanna go through that).

Btw. I listned to your solo and I thought it sounded good. I haven't listned too carefully to the original, though, so I wouldn't know if it's exactly the same.

It's not exactly the same, I got a bit higher tone, and kinda made it a little bit "my own". But thanks!

They did sell many of that Vox amp, and this was the only one that it was something wrong with. But yeah, kinda lucky for me. I wasn't happy when this first started, but it turned out well in the end. After a bit I came on the thought of the 30 watts, and the price differences between those two was like nothing, so.. : )

And hey, du er jo fra Sverige! Hyggelig, heh. Hper virkelig The Offspring kommer enten til Norge eller Sverige i r.

EDIT: Everybody's getting these Vox Valvetronix amps. I feel sorta left out.

Hahah, really? Well, I think it's a really good amp. Those dudes in the store did prefer this amp rather than this, uhm...Roland Micro Cube 30 I think it was. Got more effects and stuff, and clearer sound (because of...gah, now I don't remember it again). Maybe the Roland is better to gigs and that sort of things, but when (and if) I'm getting that long, I'll buy a new one which is much bigger.

Btw, about the solo. I didn't go to school today, so I haven't managed to record it. I don't know if I get time to do it tomorrow, 'caus we got this english oral-thing Wednesday.

Les Paul Girl
03-09-2009, 05:56 PM
^
If you made it your own - even better!

Ja, det fr vi verkligen hoppas att de gr!

_Lost_
03-12-2009, 03:59 PM
simu
http://www.savefile.com/files/2037766

initial mix. i realized too late that the drums are too quiet. i will fix that later when i have time. i just realized that i hadn't uploaded what there was for tim to record with.

drummerbecca
03-15-2009, 12:51 PM
simu
http://www.savefile.com/files/2037766

initial mix. i realized too late that the drums are too quiet. i will fix that later when i have time. i just realized that i hadn't uploaded what there was for tim to record with.

Umm, dunno what it is with Savefile lately but everything I try to download from it ends up as a page full of writing. Can you upload this somewhere else?

Static_Martyr
03-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Alright, here are my vocal tracks for SIMU. I did two and uploaded them separately, because I think they would be better off mixed into slightly different channels as opposed to simply overlaid over one another in the same channel; give it kind of a gang vocal/chorus effect. At least that was my intent~

Also, whoever is doing the final mixing? You might have to mess with the speedy part in the middle in order to get the volume right. It was either "record it all at the same volume," or "have 18 different tracks with different volumes," or "spend all afternoon playing with volumes to get everything perfect." And since I have no idea what you guys are planning for the final mix to sound like, I figgered I'd leave all the tinkering and fine-tuning to y'all. So if there's a problem with volume or hiss or something, that's why (although I did try to get rid of as much clipping as I could find).

Track 1 = http://www.sendspace.com/file/y5ok3r
Track 2 = http://www.sendspace.com/file/z3rgf1

_Lost_
03-17-2009, 06:23 PM
i'll mess with it later. may ask disclaimer to do it, but he's real busy messing with half truism and that will take him a while

Free?
03-24-2009, 03:05 PM
How awesome would it be if Dexter would get this album during Shit Is Fucked Up tour from some Forums' member's hands, folks?

Static_Martyr
03-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Sounds kewl~ Have they already announced a tour?

*goes to check tour dates section*

In the meantime....yeah, that would be kewl, but unfortunately, it has to actually be done by then....and the pace is currently slower than Stephen King's when he was writing the Dark Tower series.

I mean, it would be cool if this thing was done before we're all 50 and half-blind, ya know?

Hey Lost, what needs doing? Is the first post 100% accurate? If so, I might be able to do some of the extra stuff, if we're lacking the means.

_Lost_
03-25-2009, 12:04 AM
i think so. i'll check later.

Motacos
03-25-2009, 06:34 AM
also I have a faith in Motacos even though he's a rare bird here. I'll make a little investigation about him ;].

thank you, man. sorry I've been away for a while again. I'm kinda busy because I'm moving to new place:p
really happy to see that my name is still there... I will finish my part for sure I promise.

oh, and I'm really surprised to see Dexter's post!:)

Now I'm trying to read all the posts I've missed:p
some more pages to go...

Free?
03-25-2009, 06:55 AM
thank you, man. sorry I've been away for a while again. I'm kinda busy because I'm moving to new place:p
really happy to see that my name is still there... I will finish my part for sure I promise.

oh, and I'm really surprised to see Dexter's post!:)

Now I'm trying to read all the posts I've missed:p
some more pages to go...

Nice to see you back!

The first post says that "Rise And Fall" besides vocals needs only bass, is it possible to get a bass-less track for Motacos?
Or maybe Tim could record the bass, so it would be more or less "close to complete" track. The point is - while Motacos is around, it's better to clarify things about his job. =]

Superdope
03-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Nice to see you back!

The first post says that "Rise And Fall" besides vocals needs only bass, is it possible to get a bass-less track for Motacos?
Or maybe Tim could record the bass, so it would be more or less "close to complete" track. The point is - while Motacos is around, it's better to clarify things about his job. =]

I already talked to Static about it, and I believe he was doing it.

_Lost_
03-26-2009, 07:05 AM
you guys, we need to get our shit in gear! we are so close to the end! come on! lets get this done so me and randy can deliver this to the guys directly! COME ON!

lost_nvrfound
03-26-2009, 07:10 AM
3. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid - Will be sung by Teff (I'll.be.waiting), guitar by stylie (NEEDS 2nd GUITAR)
6. Takes Me Nowhere - Raptor88 (NEEDS EVERYTHING)
11. Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom - Ryder, to be sung by Randman, drums by thomas? (NEEDS EVERYTHING)

These are accurate. Superdope I still need that guitar track from you for rise and fall. you sent me one pre-synced but i need it separate. I think you said you planned to re-record it.

Tim or Randy, maybe you guys could make a couple fake tracks since it seems that we are not gonna be able to get real drums for rock bottom and takes me nowhere.

Free?
03-26-2009, 09:49 AM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Go, Forums, Go!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

http://www2.esc9.net/munday/images/jh_cheerleaders.jpg

Stylie
04-08-2009, 07:47 AM
you guys, we need to get our shit in gear! we are so close to the end! come on! lets get this done so me and randy can deliver this to the guys directly! COME ON!

I know, I'm fu**ing slow with this project. You guys have all right to be mad at me!

We're gonna be on the cabin some days now, so I can't do it then...therefore, I will try my very best to record it all now before the evening when we're gonna go. Just have an our or two, maybe...

_Lost_
04-08-2009, 09:22 AM
LOL! Do your best Stylie! I would like to see something make a little progress around here.

Stylie
04-08-2009, 10:31 AM
LOL! Do your best Stylie! I would like to see something make a little progress around here.

Thank you! Gonne be fun listening to the whole album when we're all finished. ^^

Btw, just one thing about the guitar in the song. I started a little bit before the drum and bass in the start, that kinda ennoys me a bit.
Is it possible to just cut it a little bit so it all got synched, or is that too much work?

Anyway! Here's finally the solo. Look at that, didn't take too much time to record when I first begun, since I already knew how to play it. Heh, I'm pretty "strict" when it comes to things like this, so I think it turned out pretty well. You know, it's actually a bit funny to think on this...when I said I could do the YGGFK guitar, I didn't have a clue how to play it. I think I just had played the electric guitar for about a month back then.

http://www.savefile.com/files/2070448
...just in case if that track doesn't fit to the song (different tempo etc.), I uploaded another in reserve. Since I'm going to my cabin, I can't record a new one in a few days. But I'm pretty sure the first one fits 100%, so use that 'cause I think that's the best one. We probably don't need this http://www.savefile.com/files/2070460

And here's the track for the little "fills" in the verses! I let the recording go, so both of the "fill-ins" are in this one track.

http://www.savefile.com/files/2070513

So I guess that's it! Now I don't have to worry about this anymore and feel bad. ^^
We just need some really kickass vocals now, with much energy! :D Happy easter!

Ryder1234
04-10-2009, 12:06 AM
i want mah rock bottom drums soon :(:(:(

plz?

_Lost_
04-10-2009, 01:33 AM
i want mah rock bottom drums soon :(:(:(

plz?

~~i iz teh trieds! u yellz teh moar n moar n mayb dey liston 2 us!~~

Free?
04-10-2009, 04:36 AM

Will Raptor do only guitar for TMN or vocals as well? Asking that because I've read through last few pages and there were several members who were willing to do the vocals.
EDIT: ilovellamas has claimed TMN vox!

I'll PM Thomas about Rock Bottom drums.

How's Rise And Fall instrumental track? If it's done, Motacos should be warned as well.

Ryder1234
04-10-2009, 09:08 AM
~~i iz teh trieds! u yellz teh moar n moar n mayb dey liston 2 us!~~

inorite dey dont liston nevar! ohai i iz still here and I WANTZ MAH DROOMS.

Free?
04-10-2009, 12:17 PM
!
Thomas said that he most likely can't do the Rock Bottom drums, so this slot is open.
!
Anyone willing to take that unpleasant responsibility? ;]

Rooster
04-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Will Raptor do only guitar for TMN or vocals as well? Asking that because I've read through last few pages and there were several members who were willing to do the vocals.

Well, i was going to do only the guitar part - i would do one guitar and Zsk wanted to do the second, but i'm not sure how the things stand anymore...

ANYWAY, WE NEED DRUMS FOR TAKES ME NOWHERE!!!

Outerspaceman21
04-10-2009, 04:12 PM
I got spring break the next week, so I got free time help in any way I can.

Stylie
04-12-2009, 05:34 AM
Uhm, okey? I recorded the solo and stuff right before we went to the cabbin four days ago, now I'm back and see no respondings. xD
Thought I would see some of that, and maybe a final track. Well well...

_Lost_
04-12-2009, 10:18 PM
i haven't had any time to mix it yet. sorry.

Ryder1234
04-12-2009, 11:58 PM
Drooms drooms drooms

randman21
04-13-2009, 02:39 AM
Drooms drooms drooms
Haha, you seem to have caught my hysteria. A few weeks ago, I was in strangle mode because of the lack of Rock Bottom drums. I've since calmed down a bit. :p

So listen, guize. I can do programmed drums for Rock Bottom if you want me to. I really really don't want to (only because of how much I want a real person to do it), but I can try to give it a shot if the people so desire.

Stylie
04-13-2009, 03:17 AM
i haven't had any time to mix it yet. sorry.

Oh okey, that's alright. I've been so late myself. ;p

Outerspaceman21
04-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Haha, you seem to have caught my hysteria. A few weeks ago, I was in strangle mode because of the lack of Rock Bottom drums. I've since calmed down a bit. :p

So listen, guize. I can do programmed drums for Rock Bottom if you want me to. I really really don't want to (only because of how much I want a real person to do it), but I can try to give it a shot if the people so desire.

I know how to play most of Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom on guitar. The ska part sounds a little off, though.

_Lost_
04-16-2009, 01:54 PM
In a slightly disappointing turn, it seems that dexter did not actually listen to any of the covers. When asked, he looked a little confused and only after quite some explanation was he able to remember what I was talking about. Still I got no answer so this leads me only to conclude this. Though (correct me if I'm wrong Randy), he did say something like "cool" after said explanation of what I was talking about and who we were.

Free?
04-16-2009, 02:15 PM
No worries, Karin. He's not a forum geek like us (well, at least offspring official one :P), so it's natural that he doesn't keep in mind this little project we do ;]. Hell, even some of forum geeks still didn't listen to any cover, what do you expect from a busy man like Dex. :P That absolutely doesn't mean that he doesn't want us to finish this tho, also, I'm sure that IF he'll get the complete cover album, he'll listen to it. But it's a good job you did when you refreshed his memory, now hopefully, he'll lose his sleep in anticipating.

_Lost_
04-16-2009, 02:29 PM
we've got 1 month to finish because thats when me and randy embark on a offspring filled summer. maybe if he gets on that list tomorrow for the thing in charlotte i'll bring them a teaser.

we are so close yggfk is nearly done. 2 more tracks needed for rise and fall i think. then those other two songs.

what do you say we do them acoustic or something?

Stylie
04-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Absolutely agree with you Free? Dexter's a busy man, and even though he didn't listen to any of the songs, he did see all those pages here and understood that we've worked hard with this. That's enough for me! : ) As you said Free?, he'll probably listen to the final work if he get's the CD.

3. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid - Will be sung by Teff (I'll.be.waiting), guitar by stylie (NEEDS VOCALS)
12. Rise And Fall - Superdope, sung by Motacos (maybe) (NEEDS BASS AND VOCALS (AND SEPARATE GUITAR TRACK?))

Just changed the "NEEDS 2nd GUITAR" to "NEEDS VOCALS" on YGGFK, plus guitar on Rise and Fall.
So, is this the current status? If so, come on folks, we need to finish this project now! ^^

I'll.be.waiting can do the vocals now right, since all of the instruments are done on YGGFK?
But'eh...on those "needs everything" songs - has guitar tracks been made there?

Free?
04-16-2009, 03:47 PM
I guess the best way to make things clear for everybody is by PMing everybody.
I'll PM Teff about YGGFK, but she'll need a track to work with, so a link would be awesome :).

I'm fine with acoustic covers, Rock Bottom should sound neat, not so sure about Takes Me Nowhere tho. But if you can do it, then do it.

Also, Randy and Tim offered their help with doing bass/drums tracks that are needed, that was a generous offer we should keep in consideration. :D

Your replies needed, covermakers!

Stylie
04-16-2009, 03:58 PM
PM everybody Free?, and then leave a message on their wall about the PM. :p

And about that YGGFK track - I guess Karin just have to mix those two last guitar parts I did. We got this track with 1st guitar, bass and drums, but not 2nd guitar (which I finished a week ago). As I said in my last post...no wait, I'll just quote it:

Btw, just one thing about the guitar in the song. I started a little bit before the drum and bass in the start, that kinda ennoys me a bit.
Is it possible to just cut it a little bit so it all got synched, or is that too much work?

So I guess that's it! Now I don't have to worry about this anymore and feel bad. ^^
We just need some really kickass vocals now, with much energy! :D Happy easter!

Well, maybe I could also help with some other guitar parts on some songs? But NO, I don't say I can do it for sure, just maybe. You know, YGGFK did take a while to record, I'm a bit lazy that way. ;P And yeah, acoustic Rock Bottom could sound nice? Not Take Me Nowhere, I guess.

randman21
04-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Though (correct me if I'm wrong Randy), he did say something like "cool" after said explanation of what I was talking about and who we were.
Well, he said "yeah yeah, cool". Heh, I'm not sure if that was the answer to the question, but I took it as such (though I didn't totally believe it). But Dex, you're still totally awesome and we love ya if you didn't listen yet. You will, though, and you will love it. ;)

Hey, give me a chance to do the drums for Rock Bottom in the next few days. If I don't, someone feel free to do an acoustic guitar track.

Free?
04-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Randy, that'll be great! (I'm not sure about how Ryder would like switching to acoustic guitar ;D)

Oh, and if anybody needs some clearance from a certain person, go ahead and PM him/her, I'll do what I can, but I stay away from instrumental stuff, so I might miss a thing here and there.

_Lost_
04-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Rock Bottom sounds so fucking wicked on acoustic! I've been playing it! with real chords instead of power chords. it sounds soooo great! I will try to record a sample.

FellDrake
04-17-2009, 04:34 AM
Ok guys, I totally lost track of the progress here. I've got some time on my hands this week-end, so if there are any guitar/bass-tracks that need to be done, give me a call. It's a bit disappointing that the project seems to stall so close to the end so if you need me, let me know. But I can't read the last thousand pages of this thread to find out what still needs to be done and won't be done by someone else in the near future.

randman21
04-17-2009, 04:43 AM
Rock Bottom sounds so fucking wicked on acoustic! I've been playing it! with real chords instead of power chords. it sounds soooo great! I will try to record a sample.
Yes yesyes! I didn't even need to say it. I've been doing the same, and I would not accept power chords over something as awesome sounding as what I'm hearing. :cool:

EDIT: That is, if acoustic is what we decide. :D

_Lost_
04-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Kevin needs to be consulted first though since it was his song. We'll see how it goes. I was trying to record how I've been playing it and I realized i can't sing in key for this song to save my life. Its straight up painful. So maybe after my nap, I'll upload just a guitar sample.

Ok guys, I totally lost track of the progress here. I've got some time on my hands this week-end, so if there are any guitar/bass-tracks that need to be done, give me a call. It's a bit disappointing that the project seems to stall so close to the end so if you need me, let me know. But I can't read the last thousand pages of this thread to find out what still needs to be done and won't be done by someone else in the near future.

The first post is fully updated.

lost_nvrfound
04-17-2009, 08:29 AM
we need bass for rise and fall which already has guitar. here are the drums and guitar

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SM41FALN

randy, what chords are using?

Stylie
04-17-2009, 08:57 AM

OMMMMMMMMMMMMG!!! I'm getting NUTS of that fuckin' "enter this here" shit. Damn. You can't always read 100% what is says there, huh? Damn. I've probably tried 5 times now. Pathetic.

FellDrake
04-17-2009, 09:07 AM
we need bass for rise and fall which already has guitar. here are the drums and guitar

I'll make you a bass track. What's the tempo on that pilot-track?

Free?
04-17-2009, 09:19 AM

Hey man!
We definitely could use your help :P.
Here are the options:
Takes Me Nowhere. - needs drums+bass

And you're already up for Rise And Fall (<-edited) bass :].

If it's possible, could you program the drumtrack for Takes Me Nowhere (we're absolutely out of drummers and without drumtrack, Raptor88 can't record the guitar.)

That's the situation.

I'm PMing Motacos to let him know about RAF track.

randman21
04-17-2009, 09:27 AM
OMMMMMMMMMMMMG!!! I'm getting NUTS of that fuckin' "enter this here" shit.
Me too, buddy. I have no idea why they started doing that. It reminds me of back-in-the-day rapidshare, when they made the 0 and O exactly the same, and you had to guess which one was which. Get it wrong, and wait another minute.

Well, as I realized the other day, I don't know as many weird, cool chords as you, so right now I'm just sticking with D major, A major, and G major. I'm trying to figure out more, though.

Stylie
04-17-2009, 09:44 AM
Me too, buddy. I have no idea why they started doing that. It reminds me of back-in-the-day rapidshare, when they made the 0 and O exactly the same, and you had to guess which one was which. Get it wrong, and wait another minute.

Hah man, that's incredible.
It's okey with such things to stop bots and stuff, but don't make it that hard so you just have to guess sometimes.

And yes, I absolutely support the idea of acoustic Rock Bottom. Go for it (if it's okey for Kevin)!
Good to hear from you FellDrake, do what you can do.

randman21
04-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Oh, and I must state that I am still on the record as being for the electric cover, but it's no biggie either way.

_Lost_
04-17-2009, 11:05 AM
I'll make you a bass track. What's the tempo on that pilot-track?
No clue, not my recording.

Well, as I realized the other day, I don't know as many weird, cool chords as you, so right now I'm just sticking with D major, A major, and G major. I'm trying to figure out more, though.
thats actually what I had. :) we are on teh same wavelength! (plus thats only what sounds right.) :p

ad8
04-17-2009, 11:38 AM
So, since I got some spare time and haven't been doing much with my guitar lately, I wanted to ask if there are still guitar/bass parts for the songs to do.

randman21
04-17-2009, 11:46 AM
So, since I got some spare time and haven't been doing much with my guitar lately, I wanted to ask if there are still guitar/bass parts for the songs to do.
Yeeeah, I was hoping you'd join in some time. Check out the first post for any availabilities.

ad8
04-17-2009, 02:46 PM
The first post says that Takes Me Nowhere needs everything. Is that correct? If so, I could do guitar, bass or vocals... or drums:D

Les Paul Girl
04-18-2009, 02:13 AM
I'm glad to see that this thread is alive again :)

ad8, I'm not sure what needs to be done, I hope Lost can tell you.

It would be great if we could finish this in a near future - I can't wait to listen to the whole album from start to finish! Unfortunatly, vocals is the only thing I feel secure enough to do so I can't really be of any help...:o

Free?
04-18-2009, 04:20 AM
The first post says that Takes Me Nowhere needs everything. Is that correct? If so, I could do guitar, bass or vocals... or drums:D

Raptor88 is doing guitar for Takes Me Nowhere, but he can't do that without a drum track. Also bass is needed. Llamas claimed vocals for it.

FellDrake will do the RAF bass, Randy and Karin are twisting the Rock Bottom, I guess it's safe to leave it them. Teff can't wait for an instrumental YGGFK track, also Motacos is warned about RAF vocals (he didn't reply yet though). Everything else is done.

Ehh, we're stuck with the booklet though.

ad8
04-18-2009, 05:25 AM
Raptor88 is doing guitar for Takes Me Nowhere, but he can't do that without a drum track. Also bass is needed. Llamas claimed vocals for it.
So I'll start with Takes Me Nowhere bass and drums, ok?
Shall I upload them as a .wav or .mp3 file?

Stylie
04-18-2009, 07:15 AM
FellDrake will do the RAF bass, Randy and Karin are twisting the Rock Bottom, I guess it's safe to leave it them. Teff can't wait for an instrumental YGGFK track, also Motacos is warned about RAF vocals (he didn't reply yet though). Everything else is done.

Well that instrumental tracks is like 95% done. I've posted a couple of posts about this before, but no one replied, heh. I mean, since Teff's ready to do the vocals, can't we just get the final mix ready? :)

I'll quote myself. (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1289191&postcount=608 and http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1292609&postcount=627)

"Btw, just one thing about the guitar in the song. I started a little bit before the drum and bass in the start, that kinda ennoys me a bit. Is it possible to just cut it a little bit so it all got synched, or is that too much work?"

"And about that YGGFK track - I guess Karin just have to mix those two last guitar parts I did. We got this track with 1st guitar, bass and drums, but not 2nd guitar (which I finished a week ago)."

I guess wav. When I recorded my guitar tracks, they wanted me to save it as wav rather than mp3. ;)

Rooster
04-18-2009, 08:19 AM

Hell yes, thanks, man! :)

Well, i would prefer mp3 files, but probably waw would also be ok

Free?
04-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Well that instrumental tracks is like 95% done. I've posted a couple of posts about this before, but no one replied, heh. I mean, since Teff's ready to do the vocals, can't we just get the final mix ready? :)

I'll quote myself. (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1289191&postcount=608 and http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1292609&postcount=627)

"Btw, just one thing about the guitar in the song. I started a little bit before the drum and bass in the start, that kinda ennoys me a bit. Is it possible to just cut it a little bit so it all got synched, or is that too much work?"

"And about that YGGFK track - I guess Karin just have to mix those two last guitar parts I did. We got this track with 1st guitar, bass and drums, but not 2nd guitar (which I finished a week ago)."

I guess wav. When I recorded my guitar tracks, they wanted me to save it as wav rather than mp3. ;)

Ah, sorry dude, I thought those were just the guitar tracks which should be mixed with drums and bass making an instrumental track for Teff. I avoid spoiling anything from the cover album, so I don't check the links posted. Could you please give me a 'proper' YGGFK instrumental link?

Stylie
04-18-2009, 08:49 AM
Ah, sorry dude, I thought those were just the guitar tracks which should be mixed with drums and bass making an instrumental track for Teff. I avoid spoiling anything from the cover album, so I don't check the links posted. Could you please give me a 'proper' YGGFK instrumental link?

Ah, okey. Well yeah, the instrumental track is almost 100% done, Karin just have to mix in these two 2nd guitar tracks that I recorded a couple weeks ago. I don't remember where the link is, so I'll just upload the current track myself.

Edit: uhm, okey. The "type in security code" on savefile.com seems to be fucked up.
Edit2: needed to use another site, heh. Here you are: http://www.mediafire.com/?xy3nnznjyz2

I'll contact Karin, then we'll see. :)

Free?
04-18-2009, 09:13 AM
Cheers! I'm sure that will make Teff so happy that she'll sing. ;]

_Lost_
04-18-2009, 09:37 AM
You're Gonna Go Far Kid (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7Y73S3SB)

Just a mix for Teff to record to. Everything is synced, but it needs a little work.

Stylie
04-18-2009, 09:56 AM
You're Gonna Go Far Kid (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7Y73S3SB)

Just a mix for Teff to record to. Everything is synced, but it needs a little work.

Great Karin!

I know it's not finished, but just wanna pick up a couple of things I heard while running through it to make it maybe slightly better. :)
The verse fill in's need to be lower, and maybe moved a little bit back, 'cause it seems like it get's unsynched after a bit. The solo maybe needs to be moved some few milliseconds back to, 'cause that one sounds to get a bit unsynched in the end too.

When I recorded the two last tracks, I tried to play it together with the instrumental track afterwards to check if it was synched - and it sounded pretty good, so I think this is gonna be pretty good to! ^^

ad8
04-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Hell yes, thanks, man! :)

Well, i would prefer mp3 files, but probably waw would also be ok

So I'm gonna upload it as an mp3. The thing is that my studio software needs .wav files, but if you can use mp3's, I'll upload it as an .mp3 because the file is way smaller then.

Rooster
04-18-2009, 10:33 AM
So I'm gonna upload it as an mp3. The thing is that my studio software needs .wav files, but if you can use mp3's, I'll upload it as an .mp3 because the file is way smaller then.

Well, ok. Maybe i could work with wav files also, but i'm not really sure, the last time i tried it didn't work

ad8
04-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Here it is:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BZ83YZO3

Rooster
04-18-2009, 10:46 AM
Here it is:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BZ83YZO3

Hell yes, i might start today, but probably rather tomorrow.

randman21
04-18-2009, 10:51 AM
ad8, you are a fucking machine.

ad8
04-18-2009, 10:54 AM
ad8, you are a fucking machine.
Haha, thanks:D I've got much time on my hands in these days because I'll have my final exams of school next friday. And I can't really learn more than 1-3 hours per day, so I have to do something for the rest of the day:D
(there has been no school since 3 weeks before the exams)

FellDrake
04-19-2009, 09:38 AM
Erm... well about that Rise&Fall... could I get the dry drum-track and would it be possible to redo the guitar-track? It's often not really in-time and there's so much distortion on the guitar that it sounds like one big mash...
I can do the bass-part with the current track but it won't sound pretty. That much I can guarantee...

_Lost_
04-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Awesome ad8!

felldrake, http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SHIDC8S0

so are we going with rock bottom as acoustic? Kev could still do it, but he'll need to know the chords and such, cause he did nothingtown with powerchords so its a little empty. Or should I just do it?

Free?
04-19-2009, 10:28 AM
^ Ask Kevin!

Ryder1234
04-19-2009, 09:49 PM
i wanna do rock bottom electric! :(

_Lost_
04-19-2009, 11:37 PM
then get us the drum track kev.

I'm really sick of everyone waiting like something is just gonna happen on its own.

Stylie
04-21-2009, 08:56 AM

I'm really sick of everyone waiting like something is just gonna happen on its own.

Well...true. We're really close to finish this project now. Let's just use our last and final energy to complete this. :)
Kevin needs drumtrack, but don't got it? And there's no one here that could do it either? Well I don't see any options then, unfortunately...

Ryder1234
04-21-2009, 11:07 PM

well, its not like i can do anything about it. ive asked for it over and over. give it time and dont rush theyll get done eventually.
lets say if they arent done by middle of may, we'll go acoustic. but my acoustic doesnt cut so im still gonna use an electric on a clean setting.

Llamas
04-24-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm gonna try to record the vocals for Takes me Nowhere this weekend. I haven't had time to do anything musical in the last few months, and I can't promise I will this weekend... but I'm gonna try!

randman21
04-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Happy birthday, Kev. (http://www.zshare.net/audio/59151437a0e6689b/)

Ryder1234
04-26-2009, 12:53 AM
Thanks!

I GOT MAH DROOMS

but i cant record for a few weeks, because im fixing my room so my amp and everything is stored in a different room right now

Free?
04-26-2009, 04:48 AM
Thanks!

I GOT MAH DROOMS

but i cant record for a few weeks, because im fixing my room so my amp and everything is stored in a different room right now

Dude, isn't few weeks a period that is left to get the whole thing done? If you're not sure that you can record it in time, let others do the acoustic cover. You got your drums anyway, so if you'll make it fast enough (after you there's also vocals and mixing to do) then I don't see a big deal to put it on CD.

Also, Tijs works on the booklet and your old credits page is one of the problems about it. It's not up to date and it would be better to get it in a better quality. I think the easier solution is just to not use it at all (because it isn't necessary anymore - all the players and vocalists are listed near each artwork). If you want that page anyway, then please fix it. You can check the updated info for it here (http://offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1293533&postcount=435), but there's another problem - that list can not be complete until all the covers are done. :s
What do you think about all of that, Kevin?

In other news - seems like Tim isn't the only person with recent pc problems, Superdope asked me to let you guys know that his computer is also messed up and is recovering in repair service. He doesn't know how long will it take to get it repaired. So he is unable to do his part in covering until then.

Not really news, but a thought. I'm aware about Motacos vocals for Rise And Fall. I still didn't get any response from him (I sent him a PM with RAF instrumental track like 10 days ago), so yeah, I'm worried. I trust in Motacos, I believe that he'll record the vocals, the problem is that he might be too late because he visits this place rarely. There were many who wanted to do vocals right after Dexter posted here, I can let them know about the RAF situation. But what of Motacos suddenly appears?...

-----------

As you can see, all in all there are several problems and it's not guaranteed that new ones will not appear. So, please, if you haven't done your part yet, finish it asap because in the end all the little problems will be a big disaster, let's not let it happen.

ad8
04-26-2009, 05:58 AM
So, do you guys need help with another song? I could do another guitar/bass/drum/vocal track tomorrow/on tuesday

randman21
04-26-2009, 05:59 AM
Dude, isn't few weeks a period that is left to get the whole thing done? If you're not sure that you can record it in time, let others do the acoustic cover. You got your drums anyway, so if you'll make it fast enough (after you there's also vocals and mixing to do) then I don't see a big deal to put it on CD.

Doing the drums was in reality as much for me as it was for Kevin. I badly want an electric version, BUT yeah, the time frame may not allow that. So for the sake of getting this thing done, I'm up for whatever.

In other news - seems like Tim isn't the only person with recent pc problems, Superdope asked me to let you guys know that his computer is also messed up and is recovering in repair service. He doesn't know how long will it take to get it repaired. So he is unable to do his part in covering until then.Oh, this is bad. This is really bad. :( I'm speaking selfishly now. This has nothing to do with the project. Heh, he and I had something awesome planned.

Not really news, but a thought. I'm aware about Motacos vocals for Rise And Fall. I still didn't get any response from him (I sent him a PM with RAF instrumental track like 10 days ago), so yeah, I'm worried. I trust in Motacos, I believe that he'll record the vocals, the problem is that he might be too late because he visits this place rarely. There were many who wanted to do vocals right after Dexter posted here, I can let them know about the RAF situation. But what of Motacos suddenly appears?... I believe that we're getting to the point where we need to just start filling in stuff where stuff is needed. It takes, what, 10 minutes to record lead vocals for a song, and that's if you do two or three takes. I can completely understand being too busy to do this relatively trivial thing, but if you don't have 10 minutes, someone else does. I promise I'm not bitching or anything, and this is totally not about you, Motacos, if you read this, but some songs have been done and just missing vocals for months, right?

Btw, I'm not pushing for me to "fill in" anything. Just sayin'. :D

Ryder1234
04-26-2009, 11:19 AM

Well, I can record, I just thought I would have time after fixing and such. But if there's really a hurry I can record them. Still not this weekend however. But I'll be able to do them this week.

Also, Tijs works on the booklet and your old credits page is one of the problems about it. It's not up to date and it would be better to get it in a better quality. I think the easier solution is just to not use it at all (because it isn't necessary anymore - all the players and vocalists are listed near each artwork). If you want that page anyway, then please fix it. You can check the updated info for it here (http://offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1293533&postcount=435), but there's another problem - that list can not be complete until all the covers are done. :s
What do you think about all of that, Kevin?

Yeah, someone else can take care of that. I'm not gonna make one so someone else can make one or we just wont.

Rooster
04-26-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm sorry i haven't recorded my parts for Takes Me Nowhere yet, but something really bad came up...

My great-grandmother was very ill for the last two weeks. She died this morning. I was simply too worried to be able to do anything :(

_Lost_
04-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Well, I can record, I just thought I would have time after fixing and such. But if there's really a hurry I can record them. Still not this weekend however. But I'll be able to do them this week.

You need to have it done THIS week. I want this whole project finished by May 15th when me and Randy drive to Nashville. I don't want it dragged out any longer.

EDIT: Raptor, no worries man, I know what thats like. :( If you can, please try to do them this week. If not, let us know ahead of time. We are really running out of time here.

Static_Martyr
04-26-2009, 03:02 PM
I got some good news....I am totally back in the game :D My PC is working for the time being. If there are any bass or guitar parts that still need doing, just PM me or something, as I am completely out of the loop on this....is the first post still accurate?

randman21
04-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Yeppers, the first post is still accurate, except for Rock Bottom needing everything. I uploaded some fake drums a few posts up. Could you find it in your heart to do bass for it? :D

Static_Martyr
04-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Sho, bro! Just one thing: Is there any guitar for Rock Bottom yet? If there is, I need it before I record. If not, tell whoever's doing guitar to wait until I do bass (I'll try to squeeze it in after work tomorrow, gotta go to bed in a few minutes or else I'd do it now), so they can sync it up right. I don't want a repeat of Hammerhead :mad:

randman21
04-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Sho, bro! Just one thing: Is there any guitar for Rock Bottom yet? If there is, I need it before I record. If not, tell whoever's doing guitar to wait until I do bass (I'll try to squeeze it in after work tomorrow, gotta go to bed in a few minutes or else I'd do it now), so they can sync it up right. I don't want a repeat of Hammerhead :mad:
Hahaha, I bet no one wants that. The guitar hasn't been done for it yet, so go for it! Umm, and don't worry about the way it cuts off at the end. The song is faded out by then. :D

Also, does anyone mind if I mix this song? Among other reasons, the wav for the drum part is like 100 MB, and that'd be a bitch to send to someone.

Llamas
04-26-2009, 09:07 PM
We are really running out of time here.

Running out of time? For what? Is there a deadline? :P

I ended up being way too busy this weekend... ugh.

Ryder1234
04-26-2009, 11:17 PM
if worst comes to worst and i cant record, i did a guitar track way back when just me lost tim and zee made the HH cover. i think disclaimer might still have it, or ill just have to search my posts

_Lost_
04-27-2009, 02:13 AM
go right ahead randy.

Rooster
04-27-2009, 03:50 AM
EDIT: Raptor, no worries man, I know what thats like. :( If you can, please try to do them this week. If not, let us know ahead of time. We are really running out of time here.

Well, thanks for understanding. I'll try to do something as soon as i can, but not today, today's the funeral...

Damn, i feel so low right now... for multiple reasons :(

drummerbecca
04-27-2009, 05:31 AM
I'll probably get whinged at for saying this but I'm going to say it anyway...

Raptor, some things in life are way more important than recording a few guitar parts. Don't worry about rushing to do them. I say take all the time you need to deal with your loss. I hope you're ok.
As for the project, I understand that everyone wants this done before the tour starts but come on, poor Raptor has had a bereavement in the family and people are still breathing down his neck.
How about the people that are available to record stuff just do it to get this project finished. Then the people who wanted to take part in this project, but couldn't for whatever reason, can take part in the next one.

_Lost_
04-27-2009, 08:58 AM
thats what i'm saying becca. nobody is breathing down his neck. my point was, that if he could do them, thats great, but we need to know if he can't so someone else can. i lost two grandparents last year. i know what i went through and so i'm not about to push him. i may not have sounded terribly empathetic when i responded but thats only because i rarely have more than 20 mins or so to use the computer on any given day lately.

ad8
04-27-2009, 09:00 AM
I could do the parts, but I'd only do them if Raptor was perfectly ok with that.

Rooster
04-27-2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks to everybody for your words. This means a lot to me.

Anyway, i can do the parts. Well, i think that zsk wanted to do one guitar part for Takes Me Nowhere, but i'm not sure anymore, he doesn't seem to check this thread very often. Maybe i'll do both parts, i need something to distract me from all the shit i've been through. I'll put all my efforts into music, because that's at least one thing that i can make in the right way. I honestly don't care about my studying anymore. Whatever i do i just want to finally be happy, because i think that it's about the time things start to go better for me and my family - we've really been through enough, even too much shit (my mum and my grandfather had cancer, both were successfully cured), 2 deaths in one year, i could count on... Then i lost all my friends (well, if people who are only using you can be reffered to as friends), failed my first year at the university because of that (i was too angry and too lonely). I was always on my own, and i guess i always will be.

Eh fuck it, i guess some people just aren't meant to be happy. Fuck everything. Only music can pull me up, if i fail at this also, i got no reason to live anymore, and i mean it. The only thing that goes right for me is my band, and nothing else.

Sorry, i'm just sick of everything. I'm sick of being me, it sucks.

_Lost_
04-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Hang in there hun. I've been there. Things will improve. The nice think about feeling at rock bottom is that the only way to go now is up.

Rooster
04-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Hang in there hun. I've been there. Things will improve. The nice think about feeling at rock bottom is that the only way to go now is up.

I really hope so. But so far every time i thought i was at rock bottom, then i found out there was another hole in the ground and i fell right into it. That would be the best way to describe it.

Well, at least i have the new CD of Elvis Jackson (a band from my country, you probably don't know them, but they're awesome, check them: http://www.myspace.com/elvisjacksonband), and this CD made me feel a bit better.

_Lost_
04-27-2009, 11:42 AM
i know the feeling. music is a great cushion for that sort of thing. i've been trying to write new stuff lately.

Rooster
04-27-2009, 11:52 AM
i know the feeling. music is a great cushion for that sort of thing. i've been trying to write new stuff lately.

Well, songs for my band are coming up really fast these days, i can write complete lyrics for a song in an hour, sometimes even less. As i said before, my band is the only thing that seems to go in the right direction. Everything else i try turns out to be a complete failure - study, girls, everything you can think of. It's like i'm cursed.

I'm just glad i'm not emo, otherwise i would already be cutting my veins. But instead i just plug in my guitar and start making agressive punk songs (but still with some hooks, every song so far had some melodic and memorable riff, or an epic chorus). Fuck everything, if this is the thing i'm good at, then i'll go for it.

Anyway, let's try to stay on topic here. Maybe ad8 could do the guitars, i'll let you guys know. I have to get myself together first (if that's possible), and then i'll see.

ad8
04-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Everything else i try turns out to be a complete failure - study, girls, everything you can think of. It's like i'm cursed.

I'm just glad i'm not emo, otherwise i would already be cutting my veins. But instead i just plug in my guitar and start making agressive punk songs (but still with some hooks, every song so far had some melodic and memorable riff, or an epic chorus). Fuck everything, if this is the thing i'm good at, then i'll go for it.
I think you shouldn't think like that. I used to think the same way(I still do when it comes to girls:(), but I think you could do better. Try not to think "I won't succeed" or "I will succeed" but just try to focus and concentrate on what's to do rather than thinking about the future or the past. Maybe that could help you. Although death is something that can't be dealt with that way, I guess. But still you can be proud of not being emo;)

Rooster
04-27-2009, 01:18 PM
I think you shouldn't think like that. I used to think the same way(I still do when it comes to girls:(), but I think you could do better. Try not to think "I won't succeed" or "I will succeed" but just try to focus and concentrate on what's to do rather than thinking about the future or the past. Maybe that could help you. Although death is something that can't be dealt with that way, I guess. But still you can be proud of not being emo;)

Well, thanks dude. And i am proud of not being emo. They just seek the easy way out (suicide), they don't think about the pain they would cause to others with it (their friends and families). Suicide and self-harming is for cowards. I'm not afraid of death, i would give my life for my loved ones if i have to (i was a volunteer firefighter).

Anyway, thanks for your words. And i've focused on songwriting, it helps me out. Another new song just began to take shape today (yesterday there was just one riff, intro). This looks like it will be more classic punk song, and maybe it won't even have an epic chorus (finally, so far all or almost all of my choruses were epic :D). But so far i think it'll be another kickass song.

Anyway, i'll really think about TMN, if i'll do the guitar parts or not. I'm busy with making my own songs for my band (if i continue making songs at this rate i'll have material for 2 or 3 albums by this summer), i'm the main songwriter. I'll see if i'll have time for TMN also. But if not, you can take over, i'll let you know soon enough. I've done Trust In You already.

ad8
04-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Well, thanks dude. And i am proud of not being emo. They just seek the easy way out (suicide), they don't think about the pain they would cause to others with it (their friends and families). Suicide and self-harming is for cowards. I'm not afraid of death, i would give my life for my loved ones if i have to (i was a volunteer firefighter).
Exactly my thoughts. One the one hand suicide just does not seem right and on the other hand it's cruel towards family and friends.

Err... sorry to everyone else for getting that much off-topic;)

drummerbecca
04-27-2009, 03:26 PM
thats what i'm saying becca. nobody is breathing down his neck. my point was, that if he could do them, thats great, but we need to know if he can't so someone else can. i lost two grandparents last year. i know what i went through and so i'm not about to push him. i may not have sounded terribly empathetic when i responded but thats only because i rarely have more than 20 mins or so to use the computer on any given day lately.

Sorry. I didn't mean to sound quite so much like I was having a go at you :o
This is it though, the home stretch. It'll come together, don't worry :)

Static_Martyr
04-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Okay, can someone maybe upload that Rock Bottom drum track to something like sendspace or rapidshare or something? I can't seem to get the download to work on zshare....it's like, "download this file." Click. Okay, now "wait for your download link to appear." Gotcha. Alright, "click here to download!" Alright. Click. "Download this file."

I am beginning to wonder if I am not one of those very special kinds of idiots that just knows enough about computers to royally fuck them up. That would actually explain a lot that's happened recently 0.0

randman21
04-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Heh, sorry Timmo. You are the second person to mention having trouble downloading with that (but I thought that it was the other person's connection that was to blame), so don't feel bad. :P

http://rapidshare.com/files/226549529/Let_s_Hear_it_For_Rock_Bottom-drums.mp3.html

_Lost_
04-28-2009, 11:42 AM
kev recorded rock bottom once before, but it definitely doesn't fit with the drums. :/

Static_Martyr
04-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Tim's Awesome-Tastic Rock Bottom Bass Line = http://www.sendspace.com/file/rqnu09

Two differences from the original:

-I messed up EVER SO SLIGHTLY on the first high-octave jump after the second chorus;
-The outro is the same rhythm as the chorus, instead of steady 8th-notes.

^Just for whoever plans on playing the guitar part; I would've gone back and "fixed" them, but after 43 takes, my fingers were starting to fall apart and my back was killing me (I got this tiny-ass chair and this tiny-ass desk....trust me, you don't want me to go into it). So here's what I got, for better or worse :D

Heh, sorry Timmo. You are the second person to mention having trouble downloading with that (but I thought that it was the other person's connection that was to blame), so don't feel bad. :P

Are you sure that wasn't just me in your AOM topic? Because I had trouble with the same site there, too :(....what do you do to download? Like where do you click when you go in? Maybe I'm just doing it wrong....

randman21
04-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Are you sure that wasn't just me in your AOM topic? Because I had trouble with the same site there, too :(....what do you do to download? Like where do you click when you go in? Maybe I'm just doing it wrong....

Hehe, no. It was my gf who couldn't use the site. She's not as tech savvy as you, though, ha.

Okayerz. You click on "download this file," then "skip this ad" (that is, if an ad comes up every time), then click on a little graphic that says "Download Now!" After that, you have to wait x number of seconds, after which the "click here to start your download" thing appears. Then, click there to start your download, and it should look familiar from that point on. ;)

And thanks for the bass! I'll check it out pronto.

Static_Martyr
04-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Yeah, that's where I ran into some problems....I got past the countdown, to the point where it said "click here to start your download!" And then it just takes me back to the player again (with the 'click here to download this file' above the player window).

I'm really starting to loathe computers, though....seriously. Twice in this same week (four times this month), my PC has been kicked off of our LAN (where all of my music files have been stored), thus crippling my recording work for weeks at a time. Just when I finally get everything up and going, I remember that (A) My graphics card sucks, so I still can't watch videos worth a damn, and (B) the internet is retarded and there are still 834598745 things I can't do because of my computer or some strange configuration thereof....

On a lighter note; yeah, think positive! :cool:

Ryder1234
04-29-2009, 06:44 PM
I'll be recording tonight or tomorrow, Randy, could you post up a mix of the drums and bass please?

randman21
04-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Sure thing. I didn't have time to clean up the bass track, but I'll get to that soon. Also, besides the thing I mentioned before about the drums cutting off at the end, I noticed that I messed up a part right before it, but it's no problem. If you just keep rocking through that, I'll change it later.

http://rapidshare.com/files/227349429/Let_s_Hear_it_For_Rock_Bottom__drumsandbass_.mp3.h tml

Ryder1234
04-29-2009, 08:58 PM
cool thanks and yeah, the drums cutting off wont bother me

Ryder1234
04-29-2009, 11:03 PM
main guitar
http://rapidshare.com/files/227390922/rock_bottom_main_guitar.wav.html
verse guitar #1
http://rapidshare.com/files/227392130/rock_bottom_verse_guitar_1.wav.html
verse guitar #2 (plus end guitar)
http://rapidshare.com/files/227392654/rock_bottom_verse_guitar_2_plus_end_guitar.wav.htm l

they uploaded really fast (the second on only seemed to go up to 59%)... so if they're corrupt or something just let me know and I'll re-up them

randman21
04-30-2009, 06:04 AM
Yay! I've got a bit of work on my hands with that main guitar one, but excellent playing!

Rutegard
04-30-2009, 06:26 AM
ok this might sound fucking stupid but i heard lot like me today

anndd

i guess i prefer it over the original... (i guess...) not sure yet :|

WOW

fuck

its awesome

congrats !!!

Ryder1234
04-30-2009, 08:59 AM
thanks randy, i wasnt really sure how it would turn out because I had to dial in my own distortion setting, but it seems like it'll work :)

and thanks too rutegard :)

Gustavo
04-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know that I am really excited about it all, and I just cannot wait 'till the whole thing is done so I can listen to it... Although I haven't listened to it yet, I'm sure it's going to be great!!

Keep up with the good work, guys!

_Lost_
04-30-2009, 09:47 AM
ok this might sound fucking stupid but i heard lot like me today

anndd

i guess i prefer it over the original... (i guess...) not sure yet :|

WOW

fuck

its awesome

congrats !!!

<3 <3 <3 !!!

Thanks Ana!

Free?
04-30-2009, 10:00 AM
It's time to find a singer for Rise And Fall. Anyone wants to do it? Also keep in mind that you have about a week for that.

I can also look up for some earlier volunteers (who said they want to participate right after Dexter posted), I dunno.

lost_nvrfound
04-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Its updated in the first post too, but:

3. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid - Will be sung by Teff (I'll.be.waiting), guitar by stylie (NEEDS VOX)
4. Hammerhead (DONE)
5. A Lot Like Me (DONE)
9. Stuff Is Messed Up - sung by Static and les paul girl (DONE)
10. Fix You (DONE)
11. Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom - (NEEDS VOX)
12. Rise And Fall - sung by Motacos (maybe) (NEEDS BASS AND VOCALS)
13. O.C. Life (DONE)

accurate???

lost_nvrfound
04-30-2009, 10:54 AM
DOUBLE POST!!!

Okay you guys, I'm updating the link in my sig on both profiles to include the newer versions of everything. None of you have heard them yet because I haven't sent them to anyone. This is months of mixing.

Nothingtown, Half-Truism, Fix You, and A Lot Like Me have all been updated. I'm also in the process of uploading Stuff Is Messed up, but I am missing one of Tim's tracks for some reason. I'll update again when I have it.

I highly recommend redownloading Half-Truism and listening to it at full volume. Its epic.

randman21
04-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Fuck! I just realized I don't know the words to this song. Looks like I'll have write them all down, like I did with Half-Truism. :D

drummerbecca
04-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Fuck! I've just realised that A Lot Like Me is 10Mb! That's gonna take forever to download :(

_Lost_
04-30-2009, 12:51 PM
lol at both of you. You know what i do randy??? I just pull up the lyrics on this site and keep the window open while i record. I don't know all the words to any song on this album sadly. that can be said about most of their songs. But i find it hard to feel bad about that seeing as i can't even remember all of the words to most of my songs. :p

ad8
04-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Its updated in the first post too, but:

3. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid - Will be sung by Teff (I'll.be.waiting), guitar by stylie (NEEDS VOX)
4. Hammerhead (DONE)
5. A Lot Like Me (DONE)
9. Stuff Is Messed Up - sung by Static and les paul girl (DONE)
10. Fix You (DONE)
11. Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom - (NEEDS VOX)
12. Rise And Fall - sung by Motacos (maybe) (NEEDS BASS AND VOCALS)
13. O.C. Life (DONE)

accurate???
Well, Takes Me Nowhere has got a drum+bass track now;)

Edit: Wasn't there someone who volunteered for singing YGGFK?

drummerbecca
04-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Even bigger FUCK!
I just spent 30 minutes downloading what I thought was 2 of the songs from savefile, only to discover that they were fucking Chrome HTML files instead of the mp3's. Dammit!

_Lost_
04-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Well, Takes Me Nowhere has got a drum+bass track now;)

Edit: Wasn't there someone who volunteered for singing YGGFK?

teff is supposed to do it.

becca, i'll upload them somewhere else later.

Les Paul Girl
04-30-2009, 01:59 PM
It's time to find a singer for Rise And Fall. Anyone wants to do it? Also keep in mind that you have about a week for that.

I can also look up for some earlier volunteers (who said they want to participate right after Dexter posted), I dunno.

I would love to do it if Motacos can't for some reason.

Static_Martyr
04-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Wow, I totally forgot....like a month or so ago, Superdope sent me a profile message asking if I could do the bass for Rise and Fall; I said I could, but I never actually did (because I couldn't find the drum track, which was supposed to be somewhere in this topic), and then I just forgot altogether. Thanks to Lost for leaving me a message, which forced me to look at my message board, which caused me to see Superdope's message :)

In any case....I guess what I meant to ask was, has anyone done the bass for Rise and Fall yet? And if so, do you need me to do it? If you do, just send me the drum track or post it somewhere here because I can't find it to save my life....I'm off this weekend, so I should be able to squeeze it in sometime in there for sure.

Free?
04-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Yes Tim, please do Rise And Fall bass. FellDrake is gone for a while now and we have the luxury of too much time.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SHIDC8S0 here are drums for RAF Karin linked for FellDrake back then.

And I think Les Paul Girl will do vocals for RAF.

Does it mean that someone will have to re-record RAF guitar for new drums+Tim's bass track or the old Superdope's guitar line will work fine?

randman21
04-30-2009, 04:45 PM
But i find it hard to feel bad about that seeing as i can't even remember all of the words to most of my songs. :p

Hehe, that is a really good point. Now if someone could make me feel better about not knowing my own songs...

----

So, errr, let's hear it for Let's Hear it For Rock Bottom (http://rapidshare.com/files/227701636/Let_s_Hear_it_For_Rock_Bottom.mp3.html)! Alternate link here (http://www.zshare.net/audio/59426459f1679475/).

Damn, those drums compress like hell.

EDIT: Heh, I wouldn't be me if I didn't make an excuse for my voice. I'd been singing all day before recording this, so the high notes kinda squeak. :D

Ryder1234
04-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Just listened to all the songs that are done, heres my opinion.

H-T: Like it as is

Trust in you: like it as is

hammerhead: like it as is

a lot like me: like it, but dont like the sound. i liked it better when it was "raw", unedited.

kristy: like it as is

simu: ok

fix you: again, liked it more "raw"

rock bottom: like it, but id suggest randy turn up the main guitar a bit more and the bass just a bit.

oc life: like it as is

_Lost_
04-30-2009, 10:49 PM
allm and fix you are actually less edited than they were before.

just sayin.

i removed a lot of the filters that i had put on before.

_Lost_
04-30-2009, 11:15 PM
simu updated in my link.

randman21
04-30-2009, 11:16 PM
simu updated in my link.
I downloaded it about 30 minutes ago. Is it new since then?

_Lost_
04-30-2009, 11:22 PM
yeah

oh and i think there is enough base on rock bottom but the guitars are too quiet. waaay too quiet.

randy, sign on to msn so we can discuss nashville. make definite plans and such\

vox sound great btw.

randman21
04-30-2009, 11:36 PM
yeah

oh and i think there is enough base on rock bottom but the guitars are too quiet. waaay too quiet.

randy, sign on to msn so we can discuss nashville. make definite plans and such\

vox sound great btw.
Really?! All of them?! Heh, damn. I'm gonna do that and keep the vox at the same level and see how y'all like that. And thanks. ;)

Errr, I've been on for a while, actually. :P

Ryder1234
04-30-2009, 11:50 PM
Not all the tracks, just the main plus like the palm mute one. the other verse riff is good.

it does need a bit more bass though. just listening to the real one and ours one after the other, the real version is really bassy, but not overpowering, if that makes sense.

and yeah, im really like the vox :)

_Lost_
05-01-2009, 12:19 AM
kev get some good speakers please.

i promise there is tons of bass there.

Ryder1234
05-01-2009, 12:19 AM
i have like 200$ JVCs

_Lost_
05-01-2009, 12:28 AM
lol... then i don't understand why you always want more bass... haha...

Ryder1234
05-01-2009, 12:40 AM
haha. i like bass. and on my speakers the cover compared to the real one there is less bass

_Lost_
05-01-2009, 09:13 AM
haha. ok.

i think the big difference is that the bass track that randy has is more trebly. maybe cut some of the higher frequencies from it and kev will be satisfied. volume wise, its the same, but i've turned it up really loud and i can now hear what you mean kev.

T-6005
05-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Hey dudes - glad to see this project is still going strong.

Been keeping up with it a little bit - just wanted to say, if Raptor doesn't feel like he can do the Takes Me Nowhere guitar, I'd be more than happy to help you guys out with that.

Not that I want to swoop in and steal his part. If he still wants it I'm not saying GIVE IT TO ME. Just in case you guys feel you need to get it done, (I picked up on some deadline tension) I'm totally available.

Ryder1234
05-01-2009, 04:02 PM
haha. ok.

i think the big difference is that the bass track that randy has is more trebly. maybe cut some of the higher frequencies from it and kev will be satisfied. volume wise, its the same, but i've turned it up really loud and i can now hear what you mean kev.

yeah its probably something like that. and actually, the guitar in the real one is pretty bassy too. so it may just be that my guitar isnt loud enough because it was pretty bassy

Gustavo
05-01-2009, 04:12 PM
oh, shit! I just listened to the Let's Heart It For Rock Bottom cover, and it sounds GREAT! Seriously, I loved it!
I think it's the best cover you guys have done so far... Congratulations to everyone who was involved with it.
And also... As I was expecting, the vocals are awesome, you did a really good job on this one, Randy! :) Congratulations!

Ryder1234
05-01-2009, 04:19 PM
thanks gustavo! although i already said that haha

randman21
05-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Thanks, guys. :) Glad I did justice to your song, Kev.

Llamas
05-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Tonight I opted to stay in so I could do homework. I have tons of projects and papers and presentations and exams between Monday and the following Tuesday. I stayed home to work on this stuff. Instead, I recorded vocals for Takes Me Nowhere. I suck at life, and am going to bed at 11.30pm.

I will upload the vocal tracks in the coming days. I'm already pissed that I spent the time recording them and refuse to spend more time right now separating the tracks, mixing them, converting them, and uploading them.

FellDrake
05-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Sorry guys had a lot of work to do recently. Do you still nee dthe bass-track for RaF? If so, I'll record it over the next two days.

Rooster
05-02-2009, 08:31 AM
I might record guitars for TMN today, i have some ideas... It won't sound exactly as the original though.

I'll update you on the progress later.

edit: i failed to record it today, it just didn't go right. I'll try again tomorrow.

Rooster
05-03-2009, 05:48 AM
Ok, i'll record my parts today. I have some sick ideas, it's going to sound quite heavy... Should i do both parts? That's how it was originally meant anyway, in the very beginning... And i have ideas for both guitars anyway, neither would sound exactly like in the original song, but they would fit together.

Les Paul Girl
05-03-2009, 06:11 AM
From what I understand I'm supposed to do the vocals for Rise and Fall. I was just wondering if there is some sort of instrumental track ready or if we are waiting for someone to do their part? First post says that it needs bass, is that correct and if so - who will be doing that?

Free?
05-03-2009, 07:13 AM
10 days left.

It's either Tim or FellDrake who do the Rise And Fall bass, whoever is the fastest wins! :D

Rooster
05-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Recording parts for TMN right now...

edit: rhytm guitar part recorded, very pleased with the way it sounds. Now it's time to record the lead...

edit2: done! i'll upload my parts soon...

Rooster
05-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Here are my parts:

http://rapidshare.com/files/228700789/Takes_Me_Nowhere_guitars.rar.html

And i also synced all parts together (without vocals, they need to be recorded, i'm not sure who'll take over that part) to see how it could sound, and i'm quite pleased. I included that mixdown in the file also, although the final song should probably rather be mixed by somebody with more experiences... Or do you think it's ok?

Les Paul Girl
05-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Great job, Raptor88 - we're making progress! :)

Now, let's see who wins when it comes to recording bass for RAF, Tim or FellDrake - anyone wanna place a bet? :D

Rooster
05-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Great job, Raptor88 - we're making progress! :)

Now, let's see who wins when it comes to recording bass for RAF, Tim or FellDrake - anyone wanna place a bet? :D

Thanks. I'm having a good day today, i've managed to record this, and now i'll probably work on some of my own songs :)

Well, at least that keeps me busy, and i don't think about what was going on in the past week...