PDA

View Full Version : So, Whats the status on the songs for RAFRAG?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

lost_nvrfound
09-11-2008, 10:32 PM
1. Half-Truism - Felldrake (Done)
2. Trust In You - Raptor88 (Done)
3. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid - Will be sung by Teff (I'll.be.waiting), guitar by stylie (NEEDS VOX)
4. Hammerhead (DONE)
5. A Lot Like Me (DONE)
6. Takes Me Nowhere - Raptor88 (NEEDS FINAL VOX)
7. Kristy, Are You Doing Okay? (DONE)
8. Nothingtown - Lost (DONE)
9. Stuff Is Messed Up - sung by Static and les paul girl (DONE)
10. Fix You (DONE)
11. Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom - (DONE)
12. Rise And Fall - sung by Motacos (maybe) (NEEDS VOCALS)
13. O.C. Life (DONE)

Superdope
09-12-2008, 12:09 AM
I'd be willing to do guitar for some of those tracks.

Free?
09-12-2008, 03:17 AM
I'd be willing to do guitar for some of those tracks.

Rise and Fall and YGGFK are still waiting. I suggest you to pick any (or both) of them and start to look for partners who will do other instruments and vocals.

FellDrake
09-12-2008, 04:07 AM
Well Half-Truism is pretty much finished, just looking for a good way to do the vocals... maybe there'll be a preview over the next days..

lost_nvrfound
09-12-2008, 07:28 AM
How soon do you think you can get that to us?

Rooster
09-12-2008, 07:43 AM
I still haven't recorded the guitar parts for Trust In You and Takes Me Nowhere (zsk will help me with the latter that one), because i still have 2 exams next week (i'll have to repeat my first year anyway, but i still try to do as many exams as possible, so that it would be less of them left), but i think that they'll be recorded quickly, probably next friday (or maybe even sooner). Don't worry, i'll do what i said i will, i just don't have enough time for now.

lost_nvrfound
09-12-2008, 07:55 AM
1. Half-Truism - FellDrake (NEARLY DONE)
2. Trust In You - Raptor88 (WILL DO GUITAR SOON, WHAT ABOUT OTHER PARTS?)
3. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
4. Hammerhead - (DONE AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED)
5. A Lot Like Me - (DONE)
6. Takes Me Nowhere - Raptor88 (WILL DO GUITAR SOON)
8. Nothingtown - Lost (WAITING ON GUITAR PART FROM RYDER, WILL BE JUST ACOUSTIC AND VOX)
9. Stuff Is Messed Up - Ryder 1234 (NEEDS DRUMS AND BASS FIRST)
10. Fix You - (DONE)
11. Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom - Ryder (NEEDS DRUMS AND BASS FIRST)
12. Rise And Fall
13. O.C. Life - (DONE)

drummerbecca
09-12-2008, 08:17 AM
I've got drums now for Trust In You. They're pretty shit to be honest. Today has made me realise exactly why I hate electronic drum kits. Anyway, I just played along to the track so they're at the right tempo at least. That's about the only semi good thing I can say about them. I'm sending the track to disclaimer so he can do whatever he needs to do, then I'll get it loading up somewhere so Raptor can download it for the guitar parts. I'll have to pass on vocals for it though. I'm not gonna get time now.

lost_nvrfound
09-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Thanks Becca. Once we have those, finishing the songs will be a breeze. Not having drum tracks has really been whats slowed us up the most.

Superdope
09-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Alright, I'm up for Rise and Fall. Anybody want to do drums and bass for that one?

lost_nvrfound
09-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Alright, I'm up for Rise and Fall. Anybody want to do drums and bass for that one?

Either Static or Becca will do drums most likely, we'll se what becca can get done today.

drummerbecca
09-12-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm recording drums for that right now :)
Trying to anyway

Edit - Link to drums for Trust In You

http://www.savefile.com/files/1783537

They're pretty bad, sorry!

lost_nvrfound
09-12-2008, 10:43 AM
damn girl! bad my ass!

drummerbecca
09-12-2008, 11:51 AM
damn girl! bad my ass!

Shucks, thanks :p

Nah, I'm not happy with them cos the pads kept cutting out on the rolls and stuff, as you can hear. I hit kinda hard when I play so on some kits the notes don't sound. It's irritating. After the 20th attempt I had to make do with this :p

lost_nvrfound
09-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Shucks, thanks :p

Nah, I'm not happy with them cos the pads kept cutting out on the rolls and stuff, as you can hear. I hit kinda hard when I play so on some kits the notes don't sound. It's irritating. After the 20th attempt I had to make do with this :p

Nobody will know the difference once we add the other parts in

lost_nvrfound
09-12-2008, 03:27 PM
2. Trust In You - Raptor88 (NEEDS BASS)
3. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
4. Hammerhead (DONE)
5. A Lot Like Me (DONE)
6. Takes Me Nowhere - Raptor88 (NEEDS DRUMS AND BASS)
8. Nothingtown - Lost (NEED ACOUSTIC GUITAR)
9. Stuff Is Messed Up - Ryder 1234 (NEEDS BASS)
10. Fix You (DONE)
11. Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom - Ryder (NEEDS DRUMS AND BASS)
12. Rise And Fall - Superdope (NEEDS DRUMS AND BASS)
13. O.C. Life (DONE)

Ryder1234
09-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Post all the links for the completed songs plz.

lost_nvrfound
09-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Post all the links for the completed songs plz.

I did. I'll update them though if you want me to.

lost_nvrfound
09-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Link to Completed songs (http://savefile.com/projects/808688241)

Ryder1234
09-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Thanks .

Rooster
09-12-2008, 04:30 PM
I've got drums now for Trust In You. They're pretty shit to be honest. Today has made me realise exactly why I hate electronic drum kits. Anyway, I just played along to the track so they're at the right tempo at least. That's about the only semi good thing I can say about them. I'm sending the track to disclaimer so he can do whatever he needs to do, then I'll get it loading up somewhere so Raptor can download it for the guitar parts. I'll have to pass on vocals for it though. I'm not gonna get time now.

Great!!! Could you put them on rapidshare (when they're done)? it's easy. I'll do the guitar parts then.

lost_nvrfound
09-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Great!!! Could you put them on rapidshare (when they're done)? it's easy. I'll do the guitar parts then.

she's been putting them on savefile... don't try to convince her she should use rapidshare.

the downloads are so much fast on savefile

Rooster
09-12-2008, 04:41 PM
she's been putting them on savefile... don't try to convince her she should use rapidshare.

the downloads are so much fast on savefile

aha, ok then. It doesn't matter, as long as i go the drum part, so that i can make guitar parts.

lost_nvrfound
09-12-2008, 04:43 PM
aha, ok then. It doesn't matter, as long as i go the drum part, so that i can make guitar parts.

its in post #12 if you didn't see it.

Rooster
09-12-2008, 04:47 PM
its in post #12 if you didn't see it.

:eek:

Holy fuckin shit, how could i miss that? Downloading it now...

lost_nvrfound
09-12-2008, 04:50 PM
:eek:

Holy fuckin shit, how could i miss that? Downloading it now...

hahaha! Bravo...

Rooster
09-12-2008, 04:53 PM
hahaha! Bravo...

I'm so hyped now, i would record the guitars right now, but unfortunately it's 1 AM here now, so my family would probably drown me if i tried to turn on my amp now...

lost_nvrfound
09-12-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm so hyped now, i would record the guitars right now, but unfortunately it's 1 AM here now, so my family would probably drown me if i tried to turn on my amp now...

hahaha! I can dig it. I've had the same problem many an evening

Rooster
09-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Trust In You drum part is great.

Static_Martyr
09-13-2008, 10:44 AM
So was I still doing Takes Me Nowhere, or did we cover that already?

I just need to know because if I don't do it today or tomorrow, I won't have time for another couple of days (much work ahead).

Rooster
09-13-2008, 10:58 AM
So was I still doing Takes Me Nowhere, or did we cover that already?

I just need to know because if I don't do it today or tomorrow, I won't have time for another couple of days (much work ahead).

Well, the drum track for that one is still missing, so you can do it :). Trust in has already been done by drummerbecca, and it sounds great.

Unless you want to leave this drum part to drummerbecca (if she wants)?

drummerbecca
09-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Are you doing the drums for it, Static? I only have this kit for the rest of today, and it's after 6 here so I don't have much time left for recording before the neighbours would complain. If it needs done then let me know, if you can do it then cool. :)

Edit - Thanks Raptor. Really :)

lost_nvrfound
09-13-2008, 03:38 PM
2. Trust In You - Raptor88 (NEEDS BASS)
3. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid (NEEDS GUITAR AND BASS)
4. Hammerhead (DONE)
5. A Lot Like Me (DONE)
6. Takes Me Nowhere - Raptor88 (NEEDS DRUMS AND BASS)
8. Nothingtown - Lost (NEED ACOUSTIC GUITAR)
9. Stuff Is Messed Up - Ryder 1234 (NEEDS BASS)
10. Fix You (DONE)
11. Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom - Ryder (NEEDS DRUMS AND BASS)
12. Rise And Fall - Superdope (NEEDS BASS)
13. O.C. Life (DONE)

Gustavo
09-13-2008, 06:38 PM
So, will you guys release the instrumental songs too? With no vocal at all

lost_nvrfound
09-13-2008, 06:40 PM
don't wanna mess with that idea just yet. I have 3 of the songs in an instrumental version only as well as with vox. Im sure Disclaimer can make Hammerhead instrumental. Lets finish this first though.

Gustavo
09-13-2008, 06:48 PM
don't wanna mess with that idea just yet. I have 3 of the songs in an instrumental version only as well as with vox. Im sure Disclaimer can make Hammerhead instrumental. Lets finish this first though.

Oh, okay, cool!!
I can't wait to have the instrumental files :D

lost_nvrfound
09-26-2008, 11:11 PM
bump .

drummerbecca
09-28-2008, 08:41 AM
Hmm, I think I need to take some serious time catching up with the covers. I don't get on here as much as I'd like to. Can someone give me a basic idea of the status now? I haven't had the chance to speak to disclaimer recently to find out whats going on.
Oh, a friend of a friend down here in Leicester has an electronic kit, which I might be able to borrow if any drums need done for any of the tracks from any of the albums. I'm not sure exactly when I could get it but I'll certainly ask if anyone needs drums.
So, how is everyone? What have I missed?
xx

disclaimer_07
09-28-2008, 08:48 AM
Hmm, I think I need to take some serious time catching up with the covers. I don't get on here as much as I'd like to. Can someone give me a basic idea of the status now? I haven't had the chance to speak to disclaimer recently to find out whats going on.
Oh, a friend of a friend down here in Leicester has an electronic kit, which I might be able to borrow if any drums need done for any of the tracks from any of the albums. I'm not sure exactly when I could get it but I'll certainly ask if anyone needs drums.
So, how is everyone? What have I missed?
xx

LoL, I have to admit that I am not "up-to-date" as far as the progress is concerned. ;D

Free?
09-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Scroll up abit, there's lost's post with current song status. As you can see, Takes Me Nowhere and Rock Bottom need drums ;). I'm not sure, maybe Tim already done drums for TMN though, but I'm pretty sure that Rock Bottom drums aren't done.
AAAnd we need loads of bass. Anyone? :p

Also, what's up with artwork/booklet? Does anyone work on it? I believe iGustavo started working, but the latest update is like 2 weeks old. Please reply!

lost_nvrfound
09-28-2008, 06:40 PM
I updated the first post a while ago. As far as I know, thats the current status on everything. 2 songs still need drums. Tim hasn't done any recently

Ryder1234
09-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Oh, so we actually are redoing Hammerhead? Ok I'll get it done this week then.

Static_Martyr
09-29-2008, 06:39 AM
I can probably do drums for Takes Me Nowhere, but if someone else can do it, totally give them dibs; I'm still not that great with these more complicated drum lines. I can do them, but they won't sound as good as if someone else who is better does them. I'm totally a rookie~

As for bass lines, I can do those no problem. Just let me know which ones need doing, and where I can download the tracks to sync 'em to.

lost_nvrfound
09-29-2008, 08:48 AM
I can probably do drums for Takes Me Nowhere, but if someone else can do it, totally give them dibs; I'm still not that great with these more complicated drum lines. I can do them, but they won't sound as good as if someone else who is better does them. I'm totally a rookie~

As for bass lines, I can do those no problem. Just let me know which ones need doing, and where I can download the tracks to sync 'em to.

The first post should have all the songs that need bass.

EDIT: OOPS! I thought I had updated it... hmm... well, now it has been updated. If you need tracks, let me know I'll upload them. I've got most of them.

Static_Martyr
09-30-2008, 06:41 AM
For now I just need Trust In You and SIMU. I'm gonna wait until the drums for Rock Bottom get done to do that one.

lost_nvrfound
09-30-2008, 08:42 AM
hmm... i think I actually have the guitar tracks for both of these songs. I'm just uploading the drum tracks at the moment. If you would rather i added the guitar tracks, then let me know.

EDIT:
SIMU: http://www.savefile.com/files/1814349
Trust in You: http://www.savefile.com/files/1814354

Gustavo
09-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Scroll up abit, there's lost's post with current song status. As you can see, Takes Me Nowhere and Rock Bottom need drums ;). I'm not sure, maybe Tim already done drums for TMN though, but I'm pretty sure that Rock Bottom drums aren't done.
AAAnd we need loads of bass. Anyone? :p

Also, what's up with artwork/booklet? Does anyone work on it? I believe iGustavo started working, but the latest update is like 2 weeks old. Please reply!

Yeah, the artwork...
I'd like to know people's main idea... what exactly would you guys like in the cover and in the booklet?

Free?
09-30-2008, 02:33 PM
I guess an awesome (or not so) angel-parody (or not a parody), our photos, and the list of covermakers and blablabla stuff. That's kinda basic, a must. The more cool stuff will be added besides basics, the better it'll be ;). Also I loved a RAFRAG cover made by someone long time ago (when forum members were creating their own versions of how official album cover could look like) where there was a guy standing at the beach watching rising (or setting) sun. We might put that pic in booklet too, and maybe some more made-by-forum covers if we could find them now :).
Or maybe remakes of official booklet's artworks.
Ehh... should we create a new thread "Artwork and booklet for RAFRAG covered by us"? =)))

Static_Martyr
09-30-2008, 02:38 PM
I'll go ahead and see what I can do with these (thanx BTW), but I'd really like to have the guitar inserted, just because the timing might be slightly different (like with Hammerhead's strum pattern --- it was slightly different than the original track, and I played the bass to the strum pattern in the song, so the result was a weird, slightly discordant mix).

EDIT: I can totally only do one of these today; 18-20MB is too much to download at once with my shitty internet....

Oh, well~ I'll be doing SIMU today, and if I have time I'll squeeze Trust In You in tomorrow.

lost_nvrfound
09-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Ehh... should we create a new thread "Artwork and booklet for RAFRAG covered by us"? =)))

not a bad idea.

Ryder1234
09-30-2008, 05:04 PM
You can put in the guitar, but I'm redoing it... So having the bass on top of drums would be good.

Karin whats going on with the new HH guitar track.

lost_nvrfound
09-30-2008, 05:32 PM
You can put in the guitar, but I'm redoing it... So having the bass on top of drums would be good.

Karin whats going on with the new HH guitar track.

haven't had a chance to mess with it at all yet. I'm going to try to send it D's way tomorrow, but he's been busy too. I'll chat with him about what to do about it tomorrow.

When you redo the simu guitar tracks, don't use so much distortion. the difference in the parts in the song is due to volume, not a change in fx pedals. the frequency levels need to be similar, but when you did the switch between distortion levels, it changed the frequency balance. so can you try to find a happy medium?

Ryder1234
09-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Yeah I can do that. Was it ok on Hammerhead though? Can I use that on Simu or will I have to re-redo HH?

lost_nvrfound
09-30-2008, 07:12 PM
Yeah I can do that. Was it ok on Hammerhead though? Can I use that on Simu or will I have to re-redo HH?

that should work. the first simu recording was too grungy for offspring stuff.

hehe. I'm working on a TKAA acoustic version. Not for any real purpose, but just for fun

Ryder1234
09-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Kinda like our Amazed cover? :D
Well today I learned how to play Feelings. Is happy.

lost_nvrfound
09-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Kinda like our Amazed cover? :D
Well today I learned how to play Feelings. Is happy.

thats a tough song. the playing is REALLY fast. My dad even commented on it when i was listening to it one day this summer. He was impressed by it. Most people can't play as fast as pete townshend

Ryder1234
09-30-2008, 07:29 PM
It isn't so bad for me. It's stil within my comfort zone. Maybe later I'll just record it quickly to show.

randman21
09-30-2008, 07:53 PM
One thing I've learned is that playing "Feelings" with thin strings is almost not an option. I've gotten used to how much you have to stretch your hands during the verse part, though.

lost_nvrfound
09-30-2008, 08:03 PM
send me a tab of it please. the one i have is no good

Ryder1234
09-30-2008, 10:17 PM
One thing I've learned is that playing "Feelings" with thin strings is almost not an option. I've gotten used to how much you have to stretch your hands during the verse part, though.

Ha. I use D'addario super light gauge.

randman21
10-01-2008, 03:36 AM
Ha. I use D'addario super light gauge.
Haha, I'm using something I didn't even know existed before I got 'em: Extra-Super Light Gauge (.008-.038 [D'Addario]). I couldn't even play it with Super Light, though.

send me a tab of it please. the one i have is no good
Psh, every tab for Feelings I've ever found was wrong. I would make one, but I don't know how :confused:

lost_nvrfound
10-01-2008, 08:53 AM
i use regular daddario strings. .1 bottom. I can't stand anything lighter. Maybe part of that is because so much of my playing is on an acoustic. I once gave Ernie Ball skinny top/heavy bottom a shot on a recommendations from someone else... never again

i'm a big fan of the daddario standards though. My dad's restrung all of his guitars with them because he liked the feel of them when i put them on his SG copy (i had borrowed it for a while and broke a string. not knowing what it had originally, I had to replace them all) And my dad has nearly as many guitars as Noodles... soo thats a lot of guitars to restring... i did help

Ryder1234
10-01-2008, 09:09 AM
I'll make a Feelings tab after school.

Be happy Karin that none of them get strung like my RG. :p

lost_nvrfound
10-01-2008, 09:23 AM
I'll make a Feelings tab after school.

Be happy Karin that none of them get strung like my RG. :p

hehe. thanks kev.

Gustavo
10-01-2008, 09:38 AM
I guess an awesome (or not so) angel-parody (or not a parody), our photos, and the list of covermakers and blablabla stuff. That's kinda basic, a must. The more cool stuff will be added besides basics, the better it'll be ;). Also I loved a RAFRAG cover made by someone long time ago (when forum members were creating their own versions of how official album cover could look like) where there was a guy standing at the beach watching rising (or setting) sun. We might put that pic in booklet too, and maybe some more made-by-forum covers if we could find them now :).
Or maybe remakes of official booklet's artworks.

Oh, yeah, yesterday, I thought about something close to what you said, I even started it. (But I was at the office, I don't have the file now...) It probably will be done by tonight, then I'll show you guys :)

Oh, as for the thread, that would be really cool.

Oh, and... could you any of you guys get us the list of all of those who helped?
Like, for example...

Nameless 1 - Guitars
Nameless 2 - Vocals
Nameless 3 - Bass
Nameless 4 - Drums
Nameless 5 - Mastering...

And the list in the "song by song" order would be nice too.
Like...

Hammerhead

Nameless 1 - Guitars
Nameless 2 - Vocals
Nameless 3 - Bass
Nameless 4 - Drums
Nameless 5 - Mastering

lost_nvrfound
10-01-2008, 10:17 AM
shouldn't be a problem. all the information is here somewhere.

Free?
10-01-2008, 10:48 AM
iGustavo, I think you should start the booklet thread! I can't wait to see your work.

I still haven't heard any song from the project! Oh, only Static's Kristy, but I'm waaaaitiiing.

Edit: I think it should be pretty much like a classic booklet. A page for every song with names of artists/some images, maybe forum quotes about that cover (but we can't really get quotes without spoiling :S). And in the end list of all participants, special thanks', message to The Offspring and blablabla stuff like that. We might put some references from other Offspring albums booklets. Oh, and don't forget the explicit lyrics mark :D. I'm done for now.

lost_nvrfound
10-01-2008, 12:46 PM
the current versions of 5 songs (i think its 5) are in the link in my sig.

Static_Martyr
10-01-2008, 02:19 PM
"Only" Static's Kristy?

.....:(

Free?
10-01-2008, 02:29 PM
"Only" Static's Kristy?

.....:(

Why so sad? What I said was that I'm avoiding listening to your covers guys, waiting for the whole thing ;). I think I downloaded Kristy because it wasn't in RAFRAG covering thread, but in your band's thread. Damn, I was too careless back then! :)

Static_Martyr
10-01-2008, 05:57 PM
^oh, I know. I'm just being obnoxious~

Thomas
10-05-2008, 08:44 PM
So, uh, I don't know if it's too late or not, but it turns out I'm going to have access to a free studio, so if one of the drum parts needs to be done, I'd be more than happy to record it.

lost_nvrfound
10-05-2008, 09:02 PM
So, uh, I don't know if it's too late or not, but it turns out I'm going to have access to a free studio, so if one of the drum parts needs to be done, I'd be more than happy to record it.

its not actually. two songs still need drum tracks. check the first post. it says which two need 'em

Thomas
10-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Shoot. I'll take Let's Hear it for Rock Bottom. I'll get that recorded in the next 1 or 2 weeks.

randman21
10-05-2008, 09:08 PM
^Oh, hell yes. Why don't you mosey on over to the Smash covered by us thread? I'm sure you'd love to help me out with "Something to Believe In"...;)

Thomas
10-05-2008, 09:12 PM
I'll take a look over there...

lost_nvrfound
10-05-2008, 09:20 PM
ryder will be very pleased to see that he can finally do the rock bottom guitar tracks.

Thomas
10-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Sweet. The drums for that song are fun, so this should be a good recording.

Ryder1234
10-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Oh yes finally! That was the problem; no one could do the rim taps on electric kits.

On the topic of drums, I gotta ask Zee when he's gonna do the Amazed drums. He said that he'd have them done by last Tuesday.

Thomas
10-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Ah, yeah, that'll be a problem.

Are you guys doing any other albums other than Smash and RAFRAG yet?

Ryder1234
10-05-2008, 10:16 PM
We want to finish these first. But once we're done (or close to), we'll be doing the others.

Thomas
10-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Sweet. This should be fun.

lost_nvrfound
10-10-2008, 08:24 PM
I just updated the first post. mostly we need bass *nudge nudge*.

What songs have a person who is going to sing them? I know I am doing trust in you (i think, let me know if i am wrong) and SIMU (with tim for the fast part). YGGFK is being sung by I'll.be.waiting.

Stylie
10-11-2008, 07:10 AM
Uhm, so you guys need a guitar to YGGF,K?

lost_nvrfound
10-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Uhm, so you guys need a guitar to YGGF,K?
yeah, no one called it oddly enough. First we need to get someone to do the drum track for it. But if you would like to do it, that'd be great!

SK8rocka
10-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Ah, yeah, that'll be a problem.

Are you guys doing any other albums other than Smash and RAFRAG yet?

I think we should do igniton, or splinter

lost_nvrfound
10-12-2008, 09:46 AM
I think we should do igniton, or splinter
I think that its been said many times not to discuss it until we finish the first two. Not trying to be a bitch or anything, but its getting really hard to keep track of everything.

Stylie
10-12-2008, 01:32 PM
yeah, no one called it oddly enough. First we need to get someone to do the drum track for it. But if you would like to do it, that'd be great!

Would be cool to be a part of this, so I could give it a try. :)
Not 100% sure that I'm gonna make it, but I'll look on it, be sure!

lost_nvrfound
10-13-2008, 01:53 PM
ok. I've got a version of Nothingtown ready for listening. It can be worked on if it is felt necessary. I think it sounds pretty good.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1837382

Ryder1234
10-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Woo finally! Gotta go find my headphones.

Ryder1234
10-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Oh wow the tone of the guitar turned out weird, like SIMU almost :/

I think after I get a professional mic set for christmas, I'll be redoing all my parts, so they're all better quality. It's funny, cause there's two mics in the set (it said instrument mic and acoustic mic), and the set is liike, 350 dollars, but one of the mics in there is 325 by by itself. So it's like I'm getting it for more than half off or something :D

lost_nvrfound
10-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Oh wow the tone of the guitar turned out weird, like SIMU almost :/

I think after I get a professional mic set for christmas, I'll be redoing all my parts, so they're all better quality. It's funny, cause there's two mics in the set (it said instrument mic and acoustic mic), and the set is liike, 350 dollars, but one of the mics in there is 325 by by itself. So it's like I'm getting it for more than half off or something :D

yeah, decent mics are pricey, but don't let the "deal" fool you. They mostly only sell them in packages like that.

Ryder1234
10-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Yeah, you can never be sure. These are the mics in the pack:

Trion 7000 Dual Element Ribbon microphone (http://www.maindragmusic.com/cad7.jpg)
D189 Supercardioid Dynamic microphone (http://www.activemusician.com/images/store/small/MP_D189.gif)

Here's the pack: http://www.cadmics.com/images/product_reviews/photos/Joe_Satriani.jpg

lost_nvrfound
10-13-2008, 02:27 PM
dynamic generally means its a vocal mic.

randman21
10-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Dammit Karin, you can sing! Amazing. *is jealous*

I have a Shure SM57, which is supposed to be the industry standard for instrument mics (it's dynamic). Haha, it sounds fucked up, though. I'm hoping it's just because my amp sucks.

Ryder1234
10-13-2008, 02:39 PM
I know, and then I'd have a vocal mic, which I'd kinda need if I start doing vox. I was reading from the wrong package when I read "acoustic mic"

So, looking in the booklet thing, and I've seen some other possible mics:

Trion 6000 Multi Pattern Condenser mic (http://www.compsource.com/MSCS_IMAGES/D_IMAGES/LARGE/TRION6000.JPG)
M9 Cardioid Condenser Tube mic (http://www.americanmusical.com/ProductImages/Large/25633.jpg)
Equitek e3000 Multi Pattern Condenser mic (http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/2/9/3/224293.jpg)

They're all $345

lost_nvrfound
10-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Dammit Karin, you can sing! Amazing. *is jealous*

I have a Shure SM57, which is supposed to be the industry standard for instrument mics (it's dynamic). Haha, it sounds fucked up, though. I'm hoping it's just because my amp sucks.

haha! thanks. I'm just waiting for a band to come knocking on my door "we need you!" Then its like instant success and we're touring as the opening act for the offspring around the US. Then we become such good friends with the band that they ask me to guest on their next album AND direct a music video for them. And all the while, I'll post here, giving you lesser beings "on the road" journals about how awesome the offspring is to tour with and what not.

dare to dream...

Ryder1234
10-13-2008, 02:49 PM
And then you'd bring me on tour, and I'd be all like "heey, I are good @ teh guitar!!!11!" and get to play in another opening band and have instant success too. :cool:

Right? :(:D

randman21
10-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Rofl! So I'm not the only one. That scenario is on a constant loop in my head.:D

lost_nvrfound
10-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Rofl! So I'm not the only one. That scenario is on a constant loop in my head.:D

yeah... i like my fantasy world. its much better than the real world where i have school and a boring job and homework and no money.

Next summer, hopefully I will actually go out and seek a band in the real world. Its my intention anyway.

randman21
10-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Good luck with that. I found my band through my town's craigslist. I got, like, 15 replies from one posting. I'm sure there would be even more possibilities where you live.

lost_nvrfound
10-13-2008, 03:24 PM
maybe. I'll see what happens. It would be nice to actually have a reason for playing guitar.

And just a little self-promotion, ya'll go check out my TKAA cover in GOD.

randman21
10-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Oh, can I sing "Let's Hear It for Rock Bottom" if no one has called it yet (as well as any backing vocals anyone might need)?

lost_nvrfound
10-13-2008, 09:07 PM
finally! One more song down. I've been trying to get other people to sing and finally all at once we get three more!

so Teff is singing YGGFK, Mocatos has Rise and fall, and you have rise and fall.

lost_nvrfound
10-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Half-Truism
Trust In You
Takes Me Nowhere

These three still need people to volunteer for vocals i think

Free?
10-14-2008, 03:54 AM
finally! One more song down. I've been trying to get other people to sing and finally all at once we get three more!

so Teff is singing YGGFK, Mocatos has Rise and fall, and you have Rock Bottom .
;)

And we still need some basssssssss.

Ill.be.waiting.
10-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Half-Truism
Trust In You
Takes Me Nowhere

These three still need people to volunteer for vocals i think

If no one offers I can do takes me nowhere too or trust in you
I think they're not very difficult for my voice
so, let me know if you don't find anyone for those songs
I'm practising YGGFK everyday before I record it, that is a tough one :p

Ill.be.waiting.
10-14-2008, 09:29 AM
hey people
I've talked to a friend (the guitarrist of my band) ---> chriiis
and he offered to do some tracks with bass for any song that is missing
:D

chriiis
10-14-2008, 09:33 AM
hey people
I've talked to a friend (the guitarrist of my band) ---> chriiis
and he offered to do some tracks with bass for any song that is missing
:D

Hey guys, really cool idea record a Covers cd for Rise and fall, rage and grace,
well, i can record the bass or the guitars for You're Gonna go far kid, Trust In You and Rise and Fall.

Free?
10-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Wouuuld beee awesooome, chriiis! :p
Welcoooooooome!

chriiis
10-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Wouuuld beee awesooome, chriiis! :p
Welcoooooooome!

=D, I'll to take this week for record the songs, how many time left for finsih?

Free?
10-14-2008, 10:08 AM
We're not rushing, so you have next week without any problem.

Ill.be.waiting.
10-14-2008, 10:22 AM
I can't wait to hear all songs done :D
that's going to be awsome

chriiis
10-14-2008, 10:39 AM
We're not rushing, so you have next week without any problem.

Ok, really nice!, i'll to post here the recordings when has finished!.

lost_nvrfound
10-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Ok, really nice!, i'll to post here the recordings when has finished!.

we are missing one or two of the drum tracks, but all the ones that need bass are listed in the first post. Later tonight, i will set up a savefile page for just drum tracks, so you can record to.

Teff, that'd be great if you will do those two tracks as well(hehe... so it wont just be RAFRAG covered by static and lost anymore :p). Its gonna be tough to find someone to do half-truism.

I promise tonight I'll set up a place for you to download what you need.

WE ARE STILL MISSING SOME DRUM TRACKS! SOMEBODY PLEASE VOLUNTEER!

Static_Martyr
10-14-2008, 03:48 PM
I have a pretty high register (though not the greatest voice), so if that's the problem I could put up some Half-Truism vox and see if you like them?

EDIT: Also, I can do any bass we need if you just put up the drum tracks (and guitar, if you have 'em) for me to sync to. I've got all night tonight and most of tomorrow to do stuff :)

Ill.be.waiting.
10-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Teff, that'd be great if you will do those two tracks as well(hehe... so it wont just be RAFRAG covered by static and lost anymore :p). Its gonna be tough to find someone to do half-truism.

YEAAAAAAAH
I was waiting a yes as an answer :D
I'll start practising those too ^^

Ryder1234
10-14-2008, 04:34 PM
What still needs drums? I might be able to do them soon when I rent the drums.

lost_nvrfound
10-14-2008, 10:26 PM
i have drums for rise and fall, YGGFK, and trust in you.

I have the main guitar for trust in you. there aren't guitar tracks for YGGFK or rise and fall

There is no bass for any of those

Rock bottom and takes me nowhere still need everything. I don't have any tracks at all for them

EDIT: I'm uploading the tracks i have now. I DO have a instrumental Takes Me Nowhere, but the recording is very crunchy and I haven't the slightest clue who did it, but the playing is pretty decent. I'll upload it too. See if you all can remember who did it.

Ryder1234
10-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Well, I'll try Takes Me Nowhere drums if they're still needed when I get the kit, but I don't know how I'll do.

lost_nvrfound
10-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Here is the link to all the tracks that i have. Whatever is not there is what is missing for this project...

oh... i need to upload the simu drums too... those need bass and new guitar... I will add them under the same link.

Link to all the tracks (http://savefile.com/projects/808700173)

EDIT: wow... i was looking at it, and the most downloaded song so far is ALLM. I imagine it would be hammerhead, except that its been reuploaded so many times...

Stylie
10-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Hey guys, really cool idea record a Covers cd for Rise and fall, rage and grace,
well, i can record the bass or the guitars for You're Gonna go far kid, Trust In You and Rise and Fall.

If it doesn't bother you, I'll maybe do the guitar for YGGF,K (page 9). :)

BUT! I haven't got my new amp yet, so I can't record now. I must also train on the song - I think the solo will be the hardest, but I'll try. So it's not 100% sure that I can take it, but I will try. Ok everyone?

Free?
10-15-2008, 04:05 PM
That's fine, Stylie, just be sure that it wouldn't take too long (like 2 weeks).

lost_nvrfound
10-15-2008, 10:37 PM
Chriis, the bass parts would be great if you can get them done soon. The guitar parts have already been claimed by other members I believe. But we really do need bass.

Static_Martyr
10-16-2008, 03:17 AM
I'll see if I can do any bass lines this weekend. I've been kind of busy 0_0 I've even fallen behind with my regular band work....

Stylie
10-16-2008, 10:09 AM
That's fine, Stylie, just be sure that it wouldn't take too long (like 2 weeks).

2 weeks? Ok. Ill see what I can do. As said, not 100% sure that I'm gonna make it, but I'm gonna try! ;)

Static_Martyr
10-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Alright, here's my bass parts for YGGFK and Trust In You. Tell me how bad they suck and if they need to be redone; the quality is not that great and the lows are overwhelming. I hope you guys can work with this, as it's the best I can manage for the time being >:(

TRUST IN YOU
http://rapidshare.com/files/154726525/Trust_In_You__bass_.mp3.html

YGGFK
http://rapidshare.com/files/154726981/YGGFK__bass_.mp3.html

randman21
10-16-2008, 09:20 PM
I think it sounds good. One could eq some of the lows away if they needed to, but I don't think it would be a problem.

Static_Martyr
10-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Kewl~ I'm mostly stressed about them sucking and needing re-doing because I might not have time to re-do them again for awhile.

Rooster
10-17-2008, 09:01 AM
This will be a busy weekend for me, i have to record lead guitar for Takes Me Nowhere (Zsk said he would do rhytm guitar for it), and probably i'll re-record my guitar part for Trust In You also. I hope that the parts will be finished tomorrow, so i can upload them.

lost_nvrfound
10-17-2008, 09:51 AM
They should be workable tim. don't worry about it. No one expects any of this to be perfect

Rooster
10-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Just recorded my guitar part for Takes Me Nowhere, i still don't know if zsk is still interested in doing the second guitar part. I asked him and i'm waiting for reply. Anyway, i changed my part a bit (i wanted to make the song a bit different, but it's not that radical change). Maybe a bit silence at the beginning should be added or taken away, otherwise the timing is perfect, since i played along the original song. I'll upload it soon.

edit: here's the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/154937408/takes_me_nowhere_guitar_1_by_R88.mp3.htm

lost_nvrfound
10-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Just recorded my guitar part for Takes Me Nowhere, i still don't know if zsk is still interested in doing the second guitar part. I asked him and i'm waiting for reply. Anyway, i changed my part a bit (i wanted to make the song a bit different, but it's not that radical change). Maybe a bit silence at the beginning should be added or taken away, otherwise the timing is perfect, since i played along the original song. I'll upload it soon.

edit: here's the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/154937408/takes_me_nowhere_guitar_1_by_R88.mp3.htm

umm... you were supposed to play along to the drum track.

Rooster
10-17-2008, 11:08 AM
umm... you were supposed to play along to the drum track.

Did someone post a drum track here? Because i didn't check this thread enough often in the last few days (i'm quite busy with studying for my exams, because i'm not planning to fail again). Anyway, if the drum track has the same rhytm as the original, there shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise i can still re-record my part. But for the second guitar, well i gope zsk will reply soon.

lost_nvrfound
10-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Anyway, if the drum track has the same rhytm as the original, there shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise i can still re-record my part. But for the second guitar, well i gope zsk will reply soon.

you would think so... but we've run into problems before

the link is in post #121

Rooster
10-17-2008, 11:16 AM
you would think so... but we've run into problems before

the link is in post #121

Aha, i'm downloading it now. Anyway, what do you think about my part (the changes from the original). Should i keep the changes, or not?

Free?
10-17-2008, 02:00 PM
I will avoid listening all the tracks you guys play before the official release, but my word always been - I would prefer if covers would have something new added, more or less different from originals.

Redjie
10-17-2008, 02:17 PM
I will avoid listening all the tracks you guys play before the official release, but my word always been - I would prefer if covers would have something new added, more or less different from originals.

yeah, I quote this.
Though I think you guys are doing well! I would like to give it a shot for vocals but no I'm sick and my throat sucks. And I'm not a guy so it would sound weird xD You guys are doing great :P

lost_nvrfound
10-17-2008, 10:52 PM
yeah, I quote this.
Though I think you guys are doing well! I would like to give it a shot for vocals but no I'm sick and my throat sucks. And I'm not a guy so it would sound weird xD You guys are doing great :P

:D well neither am I...

:p

Ryder1234
10-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Karin - dont bother messing with the redone HH tracks. Because if I'm going to be redoing all my parts once I get a new mic, it's pointless.

Raptor - if zsk never gets back to you, I'll do the rythm. If he comes back afterwards then he can do it and we'll switch the tracks.

lost_nvrfound
10-17-2008, 11:11 PM
Karin - dont bother messing with the redone HH tracks. Because if I'm going to be redoing all my parts once I get a new mic, it's pointless.

mmk. noted.

and raptor, I like how it sounded. *thumbs up*
:cool:

Rooster
10-18-2008, 07:46 AM

Raptor - if zsk never gets back to you, I'll do the rythm. If he comes back afterwards then he can do it and we'll switch the tracks.

Ok then. What do you think about my part (i screwed up the solo a bit :p)

Rooster
10-18-2008, 07:48 AM
mmk. noted.

and raptor, I like how it sounded. *thumbs up*
:cool:

Thanks. Maybe i'll re-record my part for Trust In You today, because i think i quite screwed up that one...

Static_Martyr
10-18-2008, 04:09 PM
^I thought it was pretty good except for two things:

(1) Almost no lows at all; the bass buried it alive. Although this could just be because my bass was over-present 0-0

(2) The solo was pretty good, you just didn't do the slide. But that might be what you're doing to change it up for the cover, so I won't hold that against you :)

Rooster
10-18-2008, 04:44 PM
^I thought it was pretty good except for two things:

(1) Almost no lows at all; the bass buried it alive. Although this could just be because my bass was over-present 0-0

(2) The solo was pretty good, you just didn't do the slide. But that might be what you're doing to change it up for the cover, so I won't hold that against you :)

Thanks. Maybe i'll re-record it tomorrow, and try to make it sound a bit better. I'm just not a professional with these things, so the sound is messed up a bit. And i screwed up the solo a bit, to be honest.

Goddammit, i have some terrible blisters on my fingertips - i played my guitar basically the whole day. I don't have my guitar in my student's dorm, so i can only play it during the weekends when i'm home. And for a guitar freak it's difficult to hold on so long without playing, so i had a lot to catch up today :D

Zee
10-18-2008, 06:28 PM
I DO have a instrumental Takes Me Nowhere, but the recording is very crunchy and I haven't the slightest clue who did it, but the playing is pretty decent. I'll upload it too. See if you all can remember who did it.

Oh, that would be me. I played it...

How's the song Amazed doing by the way? I did the drums for it. And the Hammerhead really needs to be re-done, you can hear that it has been made by a copy/paste method and it's not in perfect sync. :p

Ryder1234
10-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Zee. don't worry about HH right now, it's gonna stay like that until I get my new mic (when I do I'm gonna redo all my parts), or if it still has the old bass, until that's done too.

So, I rented some electric drums, and just finished setting them up. But they forgot the poles on which the cymbals should be! :mad: So until Monday (they're closed tomorrow), I'll have to live with no cymbals. :(

Static_Martyr
10-18-2008, 11:52 PM
^I'm totally doing the HH bass line again. Just let me know when you're ready for me to do it :)

Ryder1234
10-19-2008, 12:38 AM
Do it whenever you want. I'm not getting the mic until xmas, so likely we'll have 2 versions of this, with my old, then my new parts.

lost_nvrfound
10-19-2008, 01:05 AM
Oh, that would be me. I played it...

How's the song Amazed doing by the way? I did the drums for it. And the Hammerhead really needs to be re-done, you can hear that it has been made by a copy/paste method and it's not in perfect sync. :p

You did it? cool. good to know. that bothered me a little not knowing. It was good except for the audio quality.

I have no clue whats going on with amazed.

And yeah, HH has issues that Ryder won't let go, but we are going to wait to redo it. He redid the guitar and I was working on the tracks, but we're putting it off until he gets a better mic... so yeah

Rooster
10-19-2008, 05:48 AM
So Zee played that Takes Me Nowhere instrumental? Good work, although it sounds a bit crunchy. But i kinda like that sound, makes the song "dirtier" :D

So, which version are we going to use for the cover album? Because i would like to know if i should keep working on the version i'm doing or not.

Stylie
10-20-2008, 02:01 PM
So, I'm working on YGGF,K now, and everything goes well, except for one little thing. I'm struggling a bit on the riff between the chorus and verse, that Noodles' does.

This is the right tab? Damnit, someone got any tips?
Chorus Add-On
e|------------------------|
B|------------------------|
G|------------------------|
D|----------------10-7----|
A|-7-7/10-7-7/10---------|
E|------------------------|

lost_nvrfound
10-20-2008, 02:05 PM
seems right to me

randman21
10-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Yeah, the notes are right, but I don't really hammer-on or slide up on the 7/10 parts. Anyway, I think it's pretty hard. I can't play it right every time.

Stylie
10-20-2008, 02:36 PM
seems right to me

Yeah, the notes are right, but I don't really hammer-on or slide up on the 7/10 parts. Anyway, I think it's pretty hard. I can't play it right every time.

No, me neither. It doesn't sound right when you do that?
Anyway, I don't get how Noodles does it. It just doesn't sound right when I play that riff.

And, actually I "erased" one 7-7/10-part. If you see on this, it's three of them, but that's not right? It's just two?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/o/offspring/youre_gonna_go_far_kid_ver3_tab.htm
Chorus Add-On
e|----------------------------|
B|----------------------------|
G|----------------------------|
D|----------------------10-7--|
A|-7-7/10-7-7/10-7-7/10-------|
E|----------------------------|

I'm looking at every three of these tab versions, and play that sounds most right (so I mix it up). So everything's gonna go fine, but I'm struggling a bit on that riff. -_-
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/o/offspring/youre_gonna_go_far_kid_tab.htm
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/o/offspring/youre_gonna_go_far_kid_ver2_tab.htm
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/o/offspring/youre_gonna_go_far_kid_ver3_tab.htm

lost_nvrfound
10-20-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm looking at every three of these tab versions, and play that sounds most right (so I mix it up). So everything's gonna go fine, but I'm struggling a bit on that riff. -_-
I'm pretty sure he struggles with it live so don't feel bad. I can't do it too well.

Static_Martyr
10-20-2008, 03:00 PM
I always played that riff in YGGFK like this (Bold = palm muted):

---------------------------
-----------------------5---
-----5------5-------5-----7
-7-7----7-7----7-7--------

Stylie
10-21-2008, 10:30 AM
I'm pretty sure he struggles with it live so don't feel bad. I can't do it too well.

Hmm. Guess I just have to figure a way on practise it.

I always played that riff in YGGFK like this (Bold = palm muted):

-----------------------5---
-----5------5-------5-----7
-7-7----7-7----7-7--------

Nah, doesn't sound better...

Ryder1234
10-23-2008, 09:11 PM
So Thomas, have you been in that studio yet or what? Just wondering what's going on with that.

lost_nvrfound
10-23-2008, 09:15 PM
and if you havent, let me know via PM. I want to ask you for a favor.

Ryder1234
10-23-2008, 09:24 PM
btw Karin, I'll have those Self Esteem drums done by the end of the weekend.

lost_nvrfound
10-23-2008, 09:37 PM
ok then. noted. It'll be a while before i will have a chance to do the guitar then. I am going home this weekend and then not again until the second weekend in november

Ryder1234
10-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Oh. Well shitty as I can't do it tonight (even though I have the rest of the night free, otherwise I would)

Free?
10-31-2008, 04:49 AM
Lost, could you update the first post with Thomas doing drums for Rock Bottom?

Also I think I remember chriiis offered to do few bass tracks, I think we need them.

Stylie, how's going with YGGFK? It looks that as long as it'll be ready, Teff could record the vocals and the cover will be ready for mastering.

It was a lil break, but it's not time to relax yet :).

_Lost_
10-31-2008, 07:40 AM
we need the bass track first. message chriiis. once i get the tracks together I'll go ahead and mix them. it doesn't take that long. I'll update it...

... damn... that means i have to login in my other account. eeh... whatever... its not like its that hard to login and out. :p

EDIT: updated. let me know if there is more i need to add in it.

Stylie
11-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Stylie, how's going with YGGFK? It looks that as long as it'll be ready, Teff could record the vocals and the cover will be ready for mastering.

It was a lil break, but it's not time to relax yet :).

Yes! I've been busy at the time, but I think I can make it. Sorry for beeing away.

Ryder1234
11-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Karin, are you gonna be going home anytime before the 18th? Cause if you can do Self Esteem if you go, I'll do the drums for then. Otherwise, I'm putting off any recording on the drums until the days before I take it back, so I can practice more.

Stylie
11-08-2008, 08:14 PM
we need the bass track first. message chriiis. once i get the tracks together I'll go ahead and mix them. it doesn't take that long. I'll update it...

... damn... that means i have to login in my other account. eeh... whatever... its not like its that hard to login and out. :p

Are you talking about YGGF,K now? We have drum and bass track, are we gonna keep them or getting/recording new (seen some talk about that)?

Anyway, again, sorry for beeing so inactive. "/
I've also been a bit sick and away from school some days, busy with other stuff etc. but I'm almost ready for recording now.

_Lost_
11-09-2008, 12:50 AM
is there a bass track? if so i don't have it...

Free?
11-09-2008, 04:00 AM

I've sent a message to chriiis almost instantly, still no answer. I guess we need a new bassist :/ for those songs.

Stylie
11-09-2008, 06:28 AM
is there a bass track? if so i don't have it...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AHHD74ZS
I just upload it, 'caus I'm not gonna go through the whole thread just to find it.

I've sent a message to chriiis almost instantly, still no answer. I guess we need a new bassist :/ for those songs.

For YGGF,K aswell?

Free?
11-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Yeah.
I think the first post is being updated properly so you can see the progress.
It's kinda sad that we slowed down again, when you keep the tempo there is no way that you could forget about the project, but if nothing happens for a week there are chances that we could "lose" some guys. Like vocalists can not wait forever until all the instrumental tracks will be complete and mixed.
Hm... I think I have a new bassist candidate...

Stylie
11-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Yeah.
I think the first post is being updated properly so you can see the progress.
It's kinda sad that we slowed down again, when you keep the tempo there is no way that you could forget about the project, but if nothing happens for a week there are chances that we could "lose" some guys. Like vocalists can not wait forever until all the instrumental tracks will be complete and mixed.
Hm... I think I have a new bassist candidate...

Yeah, I understand.
Well well.... School again tomorrow, and some test and shit too.

But when I'm gonna record... is it the same if I listen to the bass or drum track or the original song? It should be the same, 'caus it's gonna be in the same tempo.

_Lost_
11-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I understand.
Well well.... School again tomorrow, and some test and shit too.

But when I'm gonna record... is it the same if I listen to the bass or drum track or the original song? It should be the same, 'caus it's gonna be in the same tempo.

use the drum tracks we've made. We tried just using the original song and that didn't work out too well.

Stylie
11-09-2008, 12:39 PM
use the drum tracks we've made. We tried just using the original song and that didn't work out too well.

Huh, that's weird. If everyone listened to the original song while recording it should have been perfect. But okey. :)

_Lost_
11-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Huh, that's weird. If everyone listened to the original song while recording it should have been perfect. But okey. :)

well, we found that listening to the song while recording made it a lot harder to catch our own mistakes and what not, thus there were lots of little timing errors and such that made it not work so well.

Stylie
11-10-2008, 01:33 PM
http://dump.no/files/ea5b6b61548b/SoundTest.wma

What do you guys think of the sound? Is it to "heavy"?
And this is just a test-clip, so it's absolutely not perfect... ;)

_Lost_
11-10-2008, 02:19 PM
http://dump.no/files/ea5b6b61548b/SoundTest.wma

What do you guys think of the sound? Is it to "heavy"?
And this is just a test-clip, so it's absolutely not perfect... ;)

part of it sounds off. from steal the way.

as far as i know, the chord progression should be

---7---10---9----
3--7--10---9---5
3--5---8---7---5
1---------------3

something like this:
http://www.savefile.com/files/1880151
excuse the bad singing and playing. I recorded it in the 5 minutes that my roommate left the room.

I like the tone though, personally.

Static_Martyr
11-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Alright, Lost? Either your tabs are upside down, or you tune your guitar really weird.

Ryder1234
11-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Alright, Lost? Either your tabs are upside down, or you tune your guitar really weird.

Yeah, they're upside down.

_Lost_
11-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Yeah, they're upside down.

HAHAHA! OOPS! I will fix it! lol

EDIT: I really should have found a way to sleep last night... lol

Stylie
11-12-2008, 01:54 PM
part of it sounds off. from steal the way.

as far as i know, the chord progression should be

---7---10---9----
3--7--10---9---5
3--5---8---7---5
1---------------3

something like this:
http://www.savefile.com/files/1880151
excuse the bad singing and playing. I recorded it in the 5 minutes that my roommate left the room.

I like the tone though, personally.

Heheh, you go get some sleep. ;)

Well, anyway! You think that's the right way to play it? I don't think so... "/
It's the same tabs, I just play it all on the lowest string. And the little 1-3-5 is something I've added, 'caus it sounds good. Also, I've seen Dexter do it to.

--------------------
3--(5)--7--10--9--5
3--(5)--7--10--9--5
1--(3)--5---8--7--3

I think your tabs got a too "high" tone, 'caus this part is pretty "dark".
I've looked a bit on how Dexter and Noodles play too, and I think this is the right one. But I may be wrong, absolutely. ^^,

_Lost_
11-12-2008, 02:09 PM
alright. thats cool. You can play it however. :cool:

Static_Martyr
11-12-2008, 02:23 PM
What song are we talking about again? 0_0

Free?
11-12-2008, 02:25 PM
YGGFK "steal away" bridge I think :D.
EDIT3: previous 2 edits were rather confusing than helping :S

_Lost_
11-12-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm kinda lost too now.

is that a pun? :p

jk

Free?
11-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Honestly, there was a one-second decision between "lost" and "confused", dunno why, but I've chosen "lost" ;].

Stylie
11-13-2008, 12:32 PM
alright. thats cool. You can play it however. :cool:

Well, I can be wrong too. I can play it on the electric so you can here. What do you other guys think? Which is the right one? :)
And yeah, it's YGGF,K guitar (Dexter part). ....from the "and now you steaaaaaal away"

edit: http://www.savefile.com/files/1885107
It actually sounds good with your tabs to Karin (?), but so with mine. I'm not sure which is the right one, though I think that part sounds pretty dark on the song.

_Lost_
11-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Well, I can be wrong too. I can play it on the electric so you can here. What do you other guys think? Which is the right one? :)
And yeah, it's YGGF,K guitar (Dexter part). ....from the "and now you steaaaaaal away"

edit: http://www.savefile.com/files/1885107
It actually sounds good with your tabs to Karin (?), but so with mine. I'm not sure which is the right one, though I think that part sounds pretty dark on the song.

i definitely hear the higher tones, BUT I think they may do both. There are 3 guitars on this song (live at least) so maybe thats the explanation... *shrug*

Static_Martyr
11-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Who plays the third guitar live? I thought there were only 2 guitars.

_Lost_
11-13-2008, 09:06 PM
Who plays the third guitar live? I thought there were only 2 guitars.

andrew freeman. he plays on every song as far as i know for the live stuff.

randman21
11-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Heh, you might be interested to know that it's actually both. The lower part is played with fast palm muting (16th notes), and the higher one sort of rings out, and you only stroke when you change chords (so I guess that would be double whole notes). I never realized how low the guitars are until I just had to listen for them. And Stylie, is that the Vox amp there? It sounds awesome.:)

I'm guessing Andrew Freeman plays the third guitar part live. EDIT: beat me to it.

_Lost_
11-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Heh, you might be interested to know that it's actually both.

I'm guessing Andrew Freeman plays the third guitar part live. EDIT: beat me to it.

HA! I said both of these! I WIN!

randman21
11-13-2008, 09:27 PM
A NEEEEW CAR!

http://www.johndelk.com/static/dyn-images/1/1717.jpeg

_Lost_
11-13-2008, 09:33 PM
A NEEEEW CAR!

http://www.johndelk.com/static/dyn-images/1/1717.jpeg

EWWW! Thats an american car! You can keep it!

randman21
11-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Rofl, it's the only one I could find on the Price is Right set. I'll gladly keep it. AMERICA ROX!!!!11

Ryder1234
11-13-2008, 10:56 PM
After playing both tabs, sorry Stylie but Karin's is the right one.

Stylie
11-14-2008, 12:00 PM
i definitely hear the higher tones, BUT I think they may do both. There are 3 guitars on this song (live at least) so maybe thats the explanation... *shrug*

Ah, that's true... Yep, could be that they play both then. ^^

Heh, you might be interested to know that it's actually both. The lower part is played with fast palm muting (16th notes), and the higher one sort of rings out, and you only stroke when you change chords (so I guess that would be double whole notes). I never realized how low the guitars are until I just had to listen for them. And Stylie, is that the Vox amp there? It sounds awesome.:)

Yeah, that sounds true. And jupp, it's the Vox. Thanks. :D
Btw, that car was ugly, hah!

After playing both tabs, sorry Stylie but Karin's is the right one.

Well, as said, they probably do both. And hey, nothing to be sorry for.

_Lost_
11-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Alright stylie, i have the bass track for yggfk. i'll mix it with the drums so you can finally record the guitar. Teff is waiting.

I need someone to do the second guitar part for trust in you. I'll mix that really quick later. raptor88, would you mind doing it since you did the first guitar and know what settings you used?

EDIT: First post updated to include what is still needed.

Rooster
11-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Alright stylie, i have the bass track for yggfk. i'll mix it with the drums so you can finally record the guitar. Teff is waiting.

I need someone to do the second guitar part for trust in you. I'll mix that really quick later. raptor88, would you mind doing it since you did the first guitar and know what settings you used?

EDIT: First post updated to include what is still needed.

No problem, i can do it. I was thinking about re-doing the first one also. I might record everything tomorrow.

_Lost_
11-22-2008, 04:47 PM
alright, after my dinner tonight, i'll mix the bass and drums for you to record to. mmkay? i'll post 'em here

Rooster
11-22-2008, 04:58 PM
alright, after my dinner tonight, i'll mix the bass and drums for you to record to. mmkay? i'll post 'em here

That would be great!

_Lost_
11-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Just drums and bass -->> http://www.savefile.com/files/1899652

drums bass and 1st guitar -->> http://www.savefile.com/files/1899654

use whichever. I actually like the recording of the first guitar. it sounds really good imo

_Lost_
11-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Stylie, here is the YGGFK bass and drums mixed, so you can record the guitar now. Do as many guitar tracks as you want to, but make sure to send me them separately so i can balance everything properly.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1899692

Thomas
11-22-2008, 10:20 PM
So I should have the drum track to Let's hear if for Rock Bottom in about a week-ish. I'll make it worth the wait, don't worry.

_Lost_
11-22-2008, 10:57 PM
AWESOME!

(if you wanna do takes me nowhere too... go right ahead... *nudge nudge*)

Ryder1234
11-23-2008, 12:11 AM
AWESOME!

(if you wanna do takes me nowhere too... go right ahead... *nudge nudge*)

And COAP? (no pressure :p)

oh and how about... jk:D

Rooster
11-23-2008, 04:13 AM
Just drums and bass -->> http://www.savefile.com/files/1899652

drums bass and 1st guitar -->> http://www.savefile.com/files/1899654

use whichever. I actually like the recording of the first guitar. it sounds really good imo

Well, i still might re-record it, because i know now how to save it in even better quality :)

But I'll see, if it's good enough already, then i'll leave it the same as it is now.

randman21
11-23-2008, 04:43 AM
So I should have the drum track to Let's hear if for Rock Bottom in about a week-ish. I'll make it worth the wait, don't worry.
Can't wait! :D

Rooster
11-23-2008, 07:19 AM
Allright, here's the second guitar for Trust In You. I recorded it quite quickly, and i had to re-record the part where first guitar plays the solo, so a bit silence in the middle should be added or taken away. Otherwise i think it would fit quite well.

http://rapidshare.com/files/166598568/Trust_In_You_guitar_2.mp3.html

Stylie
11-23-2008, 07:37 AM

Stylie, here is the YGGFK bass and drums mixed, so you can record the guitar now. Do as many guitar tracks as you want to, but make sure to send me them separately so i can balance everything properly.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1899692

Alright, great! Let's see what I can do. And as said, this is my first recording, so we'll see... ^^

_Lost_
11-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Allright, here's the second guitar for Trust In You. I recorded it quite quickly, and i had to re-record the part where first guitar plays the solo, so a bit silence in the middle should be added or taken away. Otherwise i think it would fit quite well.

http://rapidshare.com/files/166598568/Trust_In_You_guitar_2.mp3.html

hey, can you put that on savefile? i've done a lot of downloading on rapidshare in the last 24 hours so i've reached my download limit and can't download

EDIT: NVM. Its working now.

EDIT EDIT: Here is Trust In You with no vocals. I'm going to do those sometime soon. http://www.savefile.com/files/1900458

Rooster
11-23-2008, 12:14 PM
hey, can you put that on savefile? i've done a lot of downloading on rapidshare in the last 24 hours so i've reached my download limit and can't download

EDIT: NVM. Its working now.

EDIT EDIT: Here is Trust In You with no vocals. I'm going to do those sometime soon. http://www.savefile.com/files/1900458

Allright, i'm going to listen to it now. Did you have any problems with putting all parts together?

edit: and did you like the part that i changed a bit?

Rooster
11-23-2008, 01:09 PM
I must say that i quite like the way Trust In You cover sounds. good job putting it all together :)

_Lost_
11-23-2008, 01:11 PM
i really like it raptor. I didn't have any problems mixing it. I'm really excited to hear how it comes out once all the vox are done. eep! oh boy!!

Rooster
11-23-2008, 01:18 PM
i really like it raptor. I didn't have any problems mixing it. I'm really excited to hear how it comes out once all the vox are done. eep! oh boy!!

Mee too. I think we really can finish this whole project. Now that we're so close we can't (and mustn't) give up.

Anyway, zsk still hasn't said anything about doing his part for Takes Me Nowhere, so i'll do it. Unless someone else wants to? Because currently i'm still working on my own band's song (self-destruction), and i'll probably soon have to record new guitar parts for it, because i have some ideas how to make it better and more diverse, so that's taking some of my time.

_Lost_
11-23-2008, 01:49 PM
if you don't mind, that would be great. we're all of a sudden making progress again! We are so close i can almost taste it! eep!

Rooster
11-23-2008, 01:55 PM
We must keep working, so that it would be finished! It can be done, more than half of it has already been finished. I'm getting more and more enthusiastic about this again, which is a good thing.

Ryder1234
11-23-2008, 01:58 PM
I can record stuff now, i found out my sister has a semi good mic and "borrowed" it. I don't know how well it'll do distortion but it's been good for clean stuff. i just need a battery for my pedal (again i know! :mad:)

also i need the SIMU drum track again the one i had corrupted.

_Lost_
11-23-2008, 02:25 PM
simu track here: --> http://savefile.com/projects/808700173

_Lost_
11-24-2008, 02:48 PM
There is a semi-done version of Trust In You now available in the RAFRAG link in my sig. Disclaimer is trying to improve the sound. Feel free to download away. :D

Gustavo
11-24-2008, 05:03 PM
There is a semi-done version of Trust In You now available in the RAFRAG link in my sig. Disclaimer is trying to improve the sound. Feel free to download away. :D

Thank you! Just downloaded it, it fuckin' rocks.
Congratulations to those of you who were involved in it.
I specially like the backing-vocals for this one. Really really really good. Not only the backing vocals, but, everything!

Static_Martyr
11-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Alas, 'tis in M4A format....which I cannot use....:(

_Lost_
11-24-2008, 07:21 PM
Alas, 'tis in M4A format....which I cannot use....:(

i'll upload an mp3 for you, mmk?

_Lost_
11-24-2008, 07:24 PM
http://www.savefile.com/files/1902801

randman21
11-24-2008, 07:27 PM
I specially like the backing-vocals for this one. Really really really good.

Hehe, thanks. :D

Everyone on Trust in You did a kick-ass job. drummerbecca, was that you on drums?

_Lost_
11-24-2008, 07:36 PM
yeah it was drummerbecca.

so the credits for that song go:

Drummerbecca - drums (hehe go figure :p)
Static_martyr - bass
Raptor88 - guitar
_Lost_ - main vocals
Randman21 - bitchin' backing vocals

randman21
11-24-2008, 07:48 PM

Static_martyr - bass
Raptor88 - guitar
_Lost_ - main vocals
Aww, shucks. :)

Also, I just wanted to say that I now have a keyboard and programs with mad awesome sounds, so if any song needs it (I can't think of one that would), let me know.

Rooster
11-25-2008, 08:42 AM
Listening to it right now. i feel like we have accomplished something great. Backing vocals rock!

_Lost_
11-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Listening to it right now. i feel like we have accomplished something great. Backing vocals rock!

I feel like I've done very little for this one. (even though I spent several hours last night re-editing it, making it clearer, better balanced and taking out as many of the odd extra noises as i could... lol... seriously like from 4 o clock to 11)

SK8rocka
11-25-2008, 01:08 PM
omg that trust in you cover is amazing.

love how you harmonised the chorus.

_Lost_
11-25-2008, 01:25 PM
all these compliments are going to drive free? crazy! hahaha!

Stylie
11-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Wow, Trust in You is ZWEEET! Great work, congrats!
The chorus is fabulous, though a little bit weird to hear a female voice singing, but you handled it well Karin. Vocals and backingvocals are suberb. Now I wanna do backingvocals too, hahah. And well done with the guitar Rok!

So! I think I can manage to record something tomorrow (that's about time too). I'm trying to visit this forum each day, but you know...school and stuff, little time. But I think I can record at least one part tomorrow, I'll let you guys know.

drummerbecca
11-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Ok, I'm back now, pretty much. My internet connection is functioning, but not exactly great. Is there any chance someone could add me on MSN or Yahoo and send me the tracks? In fact, if anyone wants to add me then let me know and I'll pass on my ID's. It'd be good to chat outside of the forum as I can't always get signed in :mad: Stupid wired connections!

Free?
11-25-2008, 05:32 PM
all these compliments are going to drive free? crazy! hahaha!

!!!
I had like 3-5 times today when I wanted to post about what you said.

Guys, please, no more breaks, we're going straight to finish this time! Just imagine how I feel, still resisting temptation though! :cool:

_Lost_
11-26-2008, 12:38 AM
ok... i've been playing with ALLM. I think it sounds good. Let me know what you think when i upload it. It probably won't be tonight. My connection is crap right now.

EDIT: I got lucky and was able to hold a connection for long enough to upload this. YAY! http://www.savefile.com/files/1904710
I just tweaked the settings. I like it better now

Rooster
11-26-2008, 06:40 AM
Thanks for compliments, everyone!

Now i expect to finish my parts for Takes Me Nowhere this weekend, it should not take too much time to do this...

Stylie
11-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Oh maaan, I hate that riff Noodles does after the chorus and in the end of the song. I'm always screwing that part up... "/

_Lost_
11-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Oh maaan, I hate that riff Noodles does after the chorus and in the end of the song. I'm always screwing that part up... "/

oh man! i know what you mean! Change it if you can't nail it. It doesn't need to be the same as the original.

Stylie
11-26-2008, 03:07 PM
oh man! i know what you mean! Change it if you can't nail it. It doesn't need to be the same as the original.

Heh, well... I want it to sound right, so I guess I just have to record more. Going to bed now, so lets hope I can handle it tomorrow. And sorry again, I'm slow with this. "/

darea
11-27-2008, 02:08 AM

Static_martyr - bass
Raptor88 - guitar
_Lost_ - main vocals

I'm pissed i'm not able to listen! I wanna hear it, specially the backing vocals:p lol I've got a stoopid uni internet connection that doesn't always let me download music files... Please could you try sending it to me somehow?

Never mind, I was able to listen, but not to record it! boo
it's good though! I'll need to listen to it on a better computer though the uni one sucks.

Stylie
11-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Okey, so I've been sitting on my ass and recording a lot now tonight, and I finally "got a track" that I was pretty satisfied with. As said, I can't handle the Noodles' riff perfect (after first chorus and in the end of the song), but I think I did it pretty good on this track. I also come up with that I didn't tune the guitar in a little while, but it wasn't much untuned, so I don't think that's any problem.

Anyway, I'm gonna play&record a bit tomorrow too, to see if I can get it even better (with absolute right tune, and maybe a bit better of the Noodles-riff). But I thought we could use this (maybe temporary, or use it as it is) so Teff could record the vocals?

And please folks', tell me how you think this sounds. Good, bad? Hows the sound, and playing? Critics are higly appreciated! :D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QYS8VSHU

Gustavo
11-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Okey, so I've been sitting on my ass and recording a lot now tonight, and I finally "got a track" that I was pretty satisfied with. As said, I can't handle the Noodles' riff perfect (after first chorus and in the end of the song), but I think I did it pretty good on this track. I also come up with that I didn't tune the guitar in a little while, but it wasn't much untuned, so I don't think that's any problem.

Anyway, I'm gonna play&record a bit tomorrow too, to see if I can get it even better (with absolute right tune, and maybe a bit better of the Noodles-riff). But I thought we could use this (maybe temporary, or use it as it is) so Teff could record the vocals?

And please folks', tell me how you think this sounds. Good, bad? Hows the sound, and playing? Critics are higly appreciated! :D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QYS8VSHU

For me it sounds really good, congratulations!
Well, I might be (I problably am) a little bit late. Buuut, may I try to do the backin' vocals?
Or is anyone else encharged for doing this?

disclaimer_07
11-28-2008, 12:22 PM
I edited and mixed the tracks for Trust In You (I got them from Lost). I have no idea about the current status on the RAFRAG songs, but I can upload it if you want me to.

Rooster
11-28-2008, 02:18 PM
i edited and mixed the tracks for trust in you (i got them from lost). I have no idea about the current status on the rafrag songs, but i can upload it if you want me to.

Do it. Now :)

disclaimer_07
11-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Do it. Now :)

Okay, here you go:

http://rapidshare.com/files/168350991/The_Offspring_Forums_-__Trust_In_You__edited___mixed_.mp3

Guess it doesn't sound all that bad compared to the original recordings. Just an attempt.

_Lost_
11-28-2008, 03:41 PM
haha... that sounds so much better compared to the mix i did. thanks!

disclaimer_07
11-28-2008, 03:52 PM
haha... that sounds so much better compared to the mix i did. thanks!

LOL, thanks! I hope you're not saying that just because you love me! :P xP

Stylie
11-28-2008, 04:21 PM
For me it sounds really good, congratulations!
Well, I might be (I problably am) a little bit late. Buuut, may I try to do the backin' vocals?
Or is anyone else encharged for doing this?

Thanks! As said, we could use this (temporary or not) for now so Teff could record the vocals too? Then I could play&record a bit more to see if I could get it even better. It's all good I guess, except for the Noodles riff that I could do a little bit better. We'll see! What do you guys say? Karin?

And Trust In You sounds goood. :)

Rooster
11-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Okay, here you go:

http://rapidshare.com/files/168350991/The_Offspring_Forums_-__Trust_In_You__edited___mixed_.mp3

Guess it doesn't sound all that bad compared to the original recordings. Just an attempt.

Good job, dude!

Hey, maybe if you could send me mp3 bass part (i already have other parts separate) i'll try to do something myself, too, just to see if i could do something with it (for myself of course, you can still use Disclaimer's version for CD, i just need to practice mixing a bit more ;))