PDA

View Full Version : Why don't noodles and Greg K sing more?

medi01
09-15-2008, 02:16 PM
...wouldn't it be awesome just to have them doing more than backing vocals for once, they could have like a song each which they sing.:D

(not that theres anything wrong with dexters singing, just that it'd be cool to see the other guys have a go)

Jojan
09-15-2008, 02:29 PM
They have the vocals, but Dexter's too much of a dictator/perfectionist/controlfreak/nazi/egoist/straight-A-student/not-Bush.

KHWHD
09-15-2008, 02:35 PM
They have the vocals, but Dexter's too much of a dictator/perfectionist/controlfreak/nazi/egoist/straight-A-student/not-Bush.

I guess that's suppose to be funny? :rolleyes:

Jojan
09-15-2008, 02:37 PM
I guess that's suppose to be funny? :rolleyes:

Yeap. ddddd

KHWHD
09-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Yeap. ddddd

It wasn't. But then again, consider the source.

drummerbecca
09-15-2008, 02:41 PM

I reckon Dexter is probably quite a hard ass when it comes to the songs and stuff, in theory. I just quite imagine it in practice.

Noodles: (singing) *"One more crap, and Dewey's gone..."

Dexter: (laughing) "Fucking shut up!"

About as serious as it gets, I imagine.

* I'm not entirely certain this is what he was singing, but it sounded funny.

dff_punk
09-15-2008, 02:48 PM
I mean, Dexters singing is far more powerful than Gregs and Noodleses, imho. And, Offspring are no Bad Religion :p

jacknife737
09-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Well i think the main reason is that Dexter not only has the best/strongest voice of the bunch, but at this point has become the "voice of the band", so to speak

Also, i don't really think that Greg or Noodles are that interested in taking of lead/co-lead vocals for a track, they seem pretty content just playing their instruments. Although it would be interesting to hear Noodles sing more, he seems as if he's got a decent voice.

drummerbecca
09-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Although it would be interesting to hear Noodles sing more, he seems as if he's got a decent voice.

I thought so too. He did a good job that time Dexter fell off stage, although he didn't seem to think so himself. Dexter is the voice of the band but I'd be curious to hear both Noodles and Greg. I think they all have pretty strong voices.

nameless
09-15-2008, 03:32 PM
they never seem to over do things. like the songs are packed out with fancy licks and solos and the same can be said about vocals, they like to keep things relatively simple!

randman21
09-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Wow, when did Dexter fall off the stage?

Ryder1234
09-15-2008, 06:43 PM
They should do what RHCP did on Knock Me Down; John and Anthony singing the song together. That'd be pretty cool.

Pranksta
09-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Greg K is the king of "whoah-ohh"'s. Just listen to any live performance of Dammit I Changed Again.

randman21
09-15-2008, 07:41 PM
And Staring at the Sun.

Blastero
09-15-2008, 08:07 PM
I don't know, I don't think they could do lead vocals. The "woahs" and such are pretty simple, plus Noodles and Greg do them in unison, so it sounds better.

No offense to them. I just don't think they'd be particularly skilled lead vocalists.

lost_nvrfound
09-15-2008, 10:26 PM
When did dexter fall of the stage?

Ryder1234
09-15-2008, 10:31 PM
They were playing Bad Habit... during the Stupid Dumbshit part, it's dark, and irght at the end of the sentence, he kinda cuts out. Then the lights come one, and the security run over, trying to get him out. Noodles sings the end of the song.

Ryder1234
09-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Oh yes... here's that famous moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTRe9StSBZI

lost_nvrfound
09-15-2008, 10:34 PM
WHEN did dexter fall off the stage though? what show? there are like a million videos of the offspring playing bad habit.

Ryder1234
09-15-2008, 10:36 PM
I just posted it, West Palm Beach

mrs_hollandova
09-16-2008, 01:23 AM

LOL Poor boy :D and the terrible clothes hehehehehe

Oxygene
09-16-2008, 02:43 AM
FYI the back up woah woah and other harmony parts require way more singing skill then the large majority of lead offspring parts. Dexter's high pitch, unique voice and song/lyric writing ability is what makes him a better choice for lead singer. I'm sure he is more skilled in singing then the rest of the band, but that doesn't mean he utilisez as much as the others do during a live show.

It's just the nature of the beast

The Search Button
09-16-2008, 02:54 AM
LOL Poor boy :D and the terrible clothes hehehehehe

First of, those clothes were not terrible, they were kewl.

Secondly, I don't think he fell. He used to jump into the crowd on the "You Stupid Dumb Shit Goddamn Motherfucker" part.

He just couldn't recover in time.

Rutegard
09-16-2008, 03:29 AM
First of, those clothes were not terrible, they were kewl.

Secondly, I don't think he fell. He used to jump into the crowd on the "You Stupid Dumb Shit Goddamn Motherfucker" part.

He just couldn't recover in time.

ppl just won't let him go LOL

randman21
09-16-2008, 03:43 AM
^Ha, I think the loud thud was him falling. But yeah, the suit was awesome. Almost as good as the one from the San Fran show around that time.

I just wish Noodles would have sung the whole ending. It was good.

Rutegard
09-16-2008, 04:18 AM
^Ha, I think the loud thud was him falling. But yeah, the suit was awesome. Almost as good as the one from the San Fran show around that time.

I just wish Noodles would have sung the whole ending. It was good.

yeah i really liked it :D

medi01
09-16-2008, 11:35 AM

haha - awesome, now they can ditch dexter on songs which only need 1 guitar, and just let noodles sing!!!:D lol

RageAndLov
09-16-2008, 05:04 PM
would been cool if some other than dexter would have the lead vocals on one song, or with dexter

so many bands have done that, like rancid ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDI_bztMzjE )

jacknife737
09-16-2008, 05:08 PM
would been cool if some other than dexter would have the lead vocals on one song, or with dexter

so many bands have done that, like rancid ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDI_bztMzjE )

That's a different situation though, throughout most of the band's career, there have been two lead singers, not the case with the Offspring.

I think at this point, it would be a bit late for them to start. And again, I donít think that Noodles is interested in doing lead vocals with the band. As for Greg, well I donít think his voice is that strong, he doesnít usually even do back up vocals for the albums.

RageAndLov
09-16-2008, 06:14 PM
That's a different situation though, throughout most of the band's career, there have been two lead singers, not the case with the Offspring.

I think at this point, it would be a bit late for them to start. And again, I donít think that Noodles is interested in doing lead vocals with the band. As for Greg, well I donít think his voice is that strong, he doesnít usually even do back up vocals for the albums.

ok, take green day as an example:
the drummer have the lead vocals in two of green day's songs throughout their whole carreer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yst9lzIGnc&feature=related

Ryder1234
09-16-2008, 06:18 PM

No he fell. He struggles to say the last line of the sentence, you hear his mic fall, then the security guys run over, and Noodles stops what he's doing (except the guitar of course), and just stares down at the spot. Plus, Dexter seems kinda drunk in that performance.

KHWHD
09-16-2008, 08:59 PM

He sounded a bit drunk at the end when he said, sorry that he couldn't sing the rest of the song, and Noodles had to fill in.

It was hard to see him actually fall off the stage though cause the camera went foggy and dark. But you could tell that Noodles and Greg were a bit concerned for him when they went and peeked over the stage. Poor bugger... lol.

Ryder1234
09-16-2008, 09:05 PM
That would have been funny to witness :D.

Rutegard
09-17-2008, 04:41 AM
ok, take green day as an example:
the drummer have the lead vocals in two of green day's songs throughout their whole carreer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yst9lzIGnc&feature=related

yeah stop doing that! lol

stop comparing the offspring with green day or vice versa, not nice :p

Budzy
09-17-2008, 04:44 AM
i woulda thought greg k and noodles do their fair share of singing... well backing vocals anyways.

Rutegard
09-17-2008, 05:31 AM
i woulda thought greg k and noodles do their fair share of singing... well backing vocals anyways.

yes

but i wouldn't trade dex's voice for anything