PDA

View Full Version : MMA Anyone????

Dan Ta Life
09-16-2008, 10:49 PM
So who here follows MMA (UFC, Pride, Affliction, Strikeforce, ect)? Any fighters?

Little_Miss_1565
09-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Can you give any more detail? Though I guess that I'm asking means apparently I'm not into it, but I am curious. The only Pride I follow is rainbow colored and wears skimpy leather outfits.

Rag Doll
09-16-2008, 11:02 PM
My boyfriend does. He actually knows a fair amount of karate, judo, and ju jitsu. He keeps threatening me that he's going to join UFC....ass.

Sarah: MMA = mixed martial arts.

Dan Ta Life
09-16-2008, 11:08 PM
Yeah, sorry. MMA stands for Mixed Martial Arts. I've been wrestling on and off for about 10 years now and i recently started jiu jitsu and kickboxing. Just thought i'd ask, i know theres alot of fighters that follow punk music (most notably Chuck Liddell and Jeff Monson).

Thomas
09-16-2008, 11:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piOpoY6VWSE

randman21
09-17-2008, 02:42 AM
I respect those who like it, but I just can't. Too brutal. I tried to watch once. Two women were fighting, one put the other in some leg lock thing, and something popped. Her leg was facing forward and her foot was completely to the right, like perpendicular and then some. That was it for me.

bighead384
09-17-2008, 09:05 AM
I respect those who like it, but I just can't. Too brutal. I tried to watch once. Two women were fighting, one put the other in some leg lock thing, and something popped. Her leg was facing forward and her foot was completely to the right, like perpendicular and then some. That was it for me.

Yeah, that's nasty. I find it entertaining, but I think it can be too barbaric at times, and that really bothers me. I prefer the rules that require you to wear the cobra gloves, and there's no elbows, etc. That way it's more like a professional sport and less like a street fight.