PDA

View Full Version : My epiphany

Thomas
09-16-2008, 11:25 PM
Including all the post from my old account, I have a combined post count of 7,615 posts. This got me thinking. If I spent about 15 minutes per post on average (including all the time spent reading threads and then typing my reply), then I've spent a ridiculous crapload of my life on this message board (and I don't feel like grabbing my calculator to figure out how many hours/days I've spent). I can't help but think about how many more things I could have accomplished if I just decided not to register here way back when. I would have spent more time practicing my drums, reading books, passing classes, and making myself an over-all better person. Instead, I registered and now I've grown a habit of falling behind in school, I'm barely surviving on my new drumline, I don't read books, I'm out of shape, and basically a giant waste of flesh and my parents' money. I don't even consider myself to be a particularly regular poster here, too.

That being said, fuck this board, fuck you all, and fuck myself. I can't get enough of this place.

HornyPope
09-16-2008, 11:31 PM
You know how much time I spent here? And look how I turned out. Now I moderate this board.

Rag Doll
09-16-2008, 11:42 PM
Yes, I feel the same as HornyPope.

wheelchairman
09-16-2008, 11:49 PM
15 minutes per post? More like 15 seconds!

Thomas
09-16-2008, 11:51 PM
15 minutes per post? More like 15 seconds!

Unfortunately, I have this weird thing where I have to read like every post before I post something (unless it's something ridiculous like photo album), so that would actually be an under-estimate for me. :(

Ryder1234
09-16-2008, 11:57 PM
I really don't know how I've been able to fit all the other stuff I do in to my days. But I do. This board is addicting.

Ninty Man
09-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Including all the post from my old account, I have a combined post count of 7,615 posts. This got me thinking. If I spent about 15 minutes per post on average (including all the time spent reading threads and then typing my reply), then I've spent a ridiculous crapload of my life on this message board (and I don't feel like grabbing my calculator to figure out how many hours/days I've spent). I can't help but think about how many more things I could have accomplished if I just decided not to register here way back when. I would have spent more time practicing my drums, reading books, passing classes, and making myself an over-all better person. Instead, I registered and now I've grown a habit of falling behind in school, I'm barely surviving on my new drumline, I don't read books, I'm out of shape, and basically a giant waste of flesh and my parents' money. I don't even consider myself to be a particularly regular poster here, too.

That being said, fuck this board, fuck you all, and fuck myself. I can't get enough of this place.

Don't feel bad... I am fat XD

Cock Joke
09-17-2008, 03:11 PM
This board has this funny effect on me. Like, I have to keep coming back every 5 minutes or so and check things out.

Dude! I'm convinced that they put in some weird hypnotic thingamajig that draws people in and makes it hard to resist!

Omni
09-18-2008, 12:03 AM
I find it's best not to think about things like wasted time. Because today you're upset over time logged on a forum. Tomorrow it's video games. Then tv. Then masturbation. Pretty soon you're questioning everything you've ever done that wasn't volunteer work for killer bee victims in South America.

ninthlayer
09-18-2008, 12:46 AM
I gave an environmental activist money yesterday.

Vera
09-18-2008, 01:51 AM
Another board I go to has a "time spent" counter. Mine's currently at 65 days.

Would probably be much more over here since I joined that place in late 2005 and this place in 2004.

Duskygrin
09-25-2008, 02:23 PM

Time to retire I fear, young fella my lad.