PDA

View Full Version : My Offspring Inspired Song

The-Offspring-RuLe
09-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Here (http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/23/235033/Breaking%20Free.mp3) or if you wanna hear samples of the other Offspring style songs i'm demoing then go Here (http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/23/235033/samples4.mp3)

Bear in mind, it's supposed to sound similar to The Offspring! alot of you will say omg you ripped that riff off.. when infact it's not the same, so therfore i didnt :)

But anyway i'm gonna put vocals to it soon but im not a great singer so :\, wrote 9 songs for my bands album in just under a month hope to have 15 by christmas!

Enjoy! let me know what you think, ill get the ball rolling.. ''Omg lyk you so ripped that off, im madz at you, i'm telling Dextr!:mad:''

dff_punk
09-17-2008, 02:27 PM
I like it :)

But The Offspring never change the key half step up at the end of their songs... or do they? :confused:

The-Offspring-RuLe
09-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Cheers dude :)

Yeah they did it in Americana :p

dff_punk
09-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Ok, you win.
But nevertheless it is a kickass song and I hope to hear it with vocals someday :)

lost_nvrfound
09-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Wow its short. But good! I enjoyed it very much.

The-Offspring-RuLe
09-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Wow its short. But good! I enjoyed it very much.

Aw :D thanks!! i think it runs 1:57 similar to All I Want actually, that runs 1:54 :rolleyes:

I appreciate you listening to it! ^_^

bhg_rulz2
09-17-2008, 03:39 PM
"you are breaking freeeeeeee, because of the lightining that strucks on your miiiiind"

i just made that up....i like it dude (Y)

The-Offspring-RuLe
09-17-2008, 03:57 PM
"you are breaking freeeeeeee, because of the lightining that strucks on your miiiiind"

i just made that up....i like it dude (Y)

Dude, those lyrics are awesome :) good job

Glad you liked it! it means alot!

Free?
09-18-2008, 03:14 AM
Cool! Reminds of Offspring instantly, the only not quite offspringish thing are those tempo changes, but everything else is like 99% Offspring :)
And yeah, with a name of "Breaking Free" this song definitely your answer/tribute to All I Want.
Fuck! I just need to listen All I Want!!! NOW!!!

findout5
09-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Here (http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/23/235033/Breaking%20Free.mp3) or if you wanna hear samples of the other Offspring style songs i'm demoing then go Here (http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/23/235033/samples4.mp3)

Bear in mind, it's supposed to sound similar to The Offspring! alot of you will say omg you ripped that riff off.. when infact it's not the same, so therfore i didnt :)

But anyway i'm gonna put vocals to it soon but im not a great singer so :\, wrote 9 songs for my bands album in just under a month hope to have 15 by christmas!

Enjoy! let me know what you think, ill get the ball rolling.. ''Omg lyk you so ripped that off, im madz at you, i'm telling Dextr!:mad:''

When I read this I just thought "that is gonna suck ass!!"...after hearing you I can say YOU kick ass my friend. The guitars sound really good...PODxt? :)

Free?
09-18-2008, 01:07 PM
I like it :)

But The Offspring never change the key half step up at the end of their songs... or do they? :confused:

Americana !?
EDIT: Fuck, stupid blind me!:mad: I don't know how, but I managed to skip some posts... :o

Ill.be.waiting.
09-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Youre awsome n__n

Stylie
09-20-2008, 06:58 AM
Cool, I really like it. :)
What guitar and amp do you use?

Gustavo
09-20-2008, 07:43 AM
I sure can tell that these last two minutes were some enjoyable ones. :cool:
Congratulations, your song rox.
I just can't wait to hear what it will be like when it's done, with all the vocals and stuff.

weezly
09-20-2008, 02:09 PM
dude!!! amazing. i thought up a title!!! can u email me on air_reverse128@hotmail.com and i willl try write up some lyrics for u and see what u think!!! but u must tell me what u used to record that it sounds awesome!! but i have agood idea for it!!

The-Offspring-RuLe
09-21-2008, 09:59 AM
When I read this I just that "that is gonna suck ass!!"...after hearing you I can say YOU kick ass my friend. The guitars sound really good...PODxt? :)

:D much appreciated my friend!! seriously means a lot!

..and how did you know :O i use a UX2 :p

The-Offspring-RuLe
09-21-2008, 10:02 AM
dude!!! amazing. i thought up a title!!! can u email me on air_reverse128@hotmail.com and i willl try write up some lyrics for u and see what u think!!! but u must tell me what u used to record that it sounds awesome!! but i have agood idea for it!!

Awesome dude, nice work! i've actually got lyrics but i'd be interested to see what you've come up with :) i used a Line 6 Toneport UX2 to record it.

I'm really proud that you all like it ^-^

The-Offspring-RuLe
09-21-2008, 10:12 AM
I sure can tell that these last two minutes were some enjoyable ones. :cool:
Congratulations, your song rox.
I just can't wait to hear what it will be like when it's done, with all the vocals and stuff.

:D thank you very much! i think it'll be finished by the end of September maybe mid October as i wanna get the rest of my songs done first then start vocals.

Imagine if Dexter or Noodles listened to it and wanted the song from me, i'd say get your own! :P

F@ BANKZ
09-21-2008, 10:32 AM
I adore it.

Ill.be.waiting.
09-21-2008, 05:42 PM
:D thank you very much! i think it'll be finished by the end of September maybe mid October as i wanna get the rest of my songs done first then start vocals.

Imagine if Dexter or Noodles listened to it and wanted the song from me, i'd say get your own! :P

do you sing too? or someone else is going to make de vocals? :O
ahaha they'll surely want it :P

The-Offspring-RuLe
09-22-2008, 04:25 AM
do you sing too? or someone else is going to make de vocals? :O
ahaha they'll surely want it :P

Yeeeah i sing too :) but i've not sang properly in a while, so i'm gonna make sure i do my excerises, yay :( i'd love a voice like Dexter's i think he's got the best and most unique voice ever!

Rutegard
09-22-2008, 04:27 AM
i think he's got the best and most unique voice ever!

i gotta quote this :D

Ill.be.waiting.
09-22-2008, 09:34 AM
Yeeeah i sing too :) but i've not sang properly in a while, so i'm gonna make sure i do my excerises, yay :( i'd love a voice like Dexter's i think he's got the best and most unique voice ever!

that's greatt :)
I sing too, and i don't hate my voice
but i need singing classes...no one has ever teached me how to do exercises and all that, and i think that my voice can sound better
do you have a band? :)
i have one :P, and we do covers of offspring
hahaha
i love it x)
soon we'll be doing some songs
and if they sound good maybe i'll post it in some thread...
i would like to read what offspring fans have to say about that lol xP

And dexter's voice...
oooooomg O_o
Is unique, like you said

findout5
09-22-2008, 11:15 AM
:D much appreciated my friend!! seriously means a lot!

..and how did you know :O i use a UX2 :p

I have great ears! lol
It just sounded too good to be recorded at some shitty studio...It had to be done with a Pod, otherwise you'd pay alot to get the guitars sounding that good in a studio!

The-Offspring-RuLe
09-22-2008, 02:57 PM
that's greatt :)
I sing too, and i don't hate my voice
but i need singing classes...no one has ever teached me how to do exercises and all that, and i think that my voice can sound better
do you have a band? :)
i have one :P, and we do covers of offspring
hahaha
i love it x)
soon we'll be doing some songs
and if they sound good maybe i'll post it in some thread...
i would like to read what offspring fans have to say about that lol xP

And dexter's voice...
oooooomg O_o
Is unique, like you said

Well to be honest, if you can teach yourself to sing and sing well then that's rare, i'm self taught with everything. If you want singing lessons/warmups then have a look at this guy, i use this everyday to warmup my voice, theres 4 parts so make sure you check all 4! it's on Youtube btw Part 1 Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpvc4SNCWHA)

Yeah i have a band, although we're looking for another guitarist at the mo. I basically write everything, vocals, guitar parts, lead parts, drum parts, i love it though cause Dexter's my idol, i wanna try and become anywhere near as good as him! wrote 10 songs in a month now, i think Dexter should call me! :p

I'm interested to hear what your band has to offer if you make some songs :)

Ill.be.waiting.
09-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Well to be honest, if you can teach yourself to sing and sing well then that's rare, i'm self taught with everything. If you want singing lessons/warmups then have a look at this guy, i use this everyday to warmup my voice, theres 4 parts so make sure you check all 4! it's on Youtube btw Part 1 Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpvc4SNCWHA)

Yeah i have a band, although we're looking for another guitarist at the mo. I basically write everything, vocals, guitar parts, lead parts, drum parts, i love it though cause Dexter's my idol, i wanna try and become anywhere near as good as him! wrote 10 songs in a month now, i think Dexter should call me! :p

I'm interested to hear what your band has to offer if you make some songs :)

That's greaaaaat :P
it seems that you are very dedicated to music
i'm trying to practice every day a little bit with my voice
but sometimes i dont have time, etc
i'll check now the videos :)
thanks for that
and i'm really interested too when you finish those songs :)
so, if you remind me, make me know about it xP
if we make some demos or something, i'll show you, so maybe you can tell me what you think xP
but don't lie to me, say what you really think
haha xP

Mel_Off
09-26-2008, 07:36 PM
The end is kinda wird, but i like it.!

Awesome :D :D