PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Consistently Phenominal Songs Played Live

BillythePunk
09-18-2008, 02:35 PM
As the thread title explains, what 10 Offspring songs in your opinion are always near perfect or better than the studio recordings. Obviously, they play everything pretty well, but stick to 10. Here's mine:

1. Gotta Get Away
2. Kick Him When He's Down
3. Gone Away
4. What Happened to You?
5. The Kids Aren't Alright
6. Come Out and Play
7. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
8. Beheaded
9. Self Esteem
10. All I Want

Free?
09-18-2008, 03:32 PM
I just want to say that Why Don't You Get A Job? is so fucking great live, maybe I like it better than an album version. But since I haven't been on Offspring show I like studio versions more than live.

Stylie
09-18-2008, 03:37 PM
That's a hard one. But I agree, Gotta Get Away sounds very good every time, fits Dexter's voice perfectly. Americana too, maybe. Well, most of the songs sounds awesome live, ut I don't have time to make a list right now.

findout5
09-19-2008, 03:57 AM
I can no longer stand to hear Gotta Get Away! Heard it too many times. They should go on a diet and play it every 5 shows or so!

I won't make a top ten, but TKAA, Self Esteem, Hammerhead, Pay The Man, Neocon and Session are really nice to hear live :)

nameless
09-19-2008, 08:08 PM
everything they play live seems to come across well. even songs like pretty fly who a lot of people seem to dislike get the whole crowd singing along! ive never really seen a perforamce by the offspring and thought it was bad compared to say blink 182, who, no disrespect, were all over the place when i saw them!

Budzy
09-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Okay, i think im doing this right:

1. Bad habit- STUPID DUMBSHIT GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKER!, need i say more?
2. TKAA-
3. Why Don't You Get A Job-
4. Americana- well its my favourite and u get to turn around to randoms and scream 'Well FUCK YOU!' and not get bashed.
5. Self Esteem-
6. All I Want-
7. Gone Away-
8. Pay the Man-
9. Hit that-
10- spare me the details-

Out on Patrol
09-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Gone Away
Gotta Get Away
Bad Habit
Get it Right (93 94 versions are awesome)
Neocon/The Noose (in 03, 04)
Americana
Why Don't You Get a Job?

Camilamazed
09-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Gotta get away (There has never been a bad live version of it)
Bad habit
Come out and play
Americana
MOTA
Meaning of life
Self Esteem

Can't think of more

iPunk247
09-20-2008, 10:02 PM
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid

Kick Him When He's Down

The Kid's Aren't Alright