PDA

View Full Version : Music TV

coolignition
09-18-2008, 02:48 PM
The other day I was eating lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe and they play music videos around the restaurant. I saw MTV's first video "Video Killed the radio Star." It got me really reminicing on the days that I actually watched MTV. Doesn't anyone really watch that channel anymore? If I watch TV I tend to watch Fuse these days. Even though they are getting into the reality TV series themselves. I'm actually kinda excited (can't believe I just admitted that) about this new show that's starting on Fuse. It's called Rock Bottom.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF6VEwa9JR0

Jakebert
09-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Lots of people watch MTV. It's one of the most popular channels on TV.

I like MTV more than Fuse, if only because Fuse tries so hard to pretend to be cutting edge.

Apathy
09-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Lots of people watch MTV. It's one of the most popular channels on TV.

I like MTV more than Fuse, if only because Fuse tries so hard to pretend to be cutting edge.

aye.

I would probably like Fuse more than MTV, except that Fuse spends all it's time pretending it's something it's not.

If I were five years younger and a whole lot dumber I would probably make the analogy that Fuse are the Posers of the TV world.

lost_nvrfound
09-18-2008, 10:07 PM
I liked fuse in the beginning because they played rock videos practically around the clock... it was great!

randman21
09-19-2008, 01:47 AM
I watch MTV a couple times a week, for my trash quota. Heh, I read in the paper (yes, the newspaper) they're actually actually canceling the one music show that's not on early in the morning, TRL. Of course, the world will be better off, but I wonder what they're going to do instead of it.

Question: Is IMF not a channel anymore, or is it just not in my cable package?

ANDiTKO
09-19-2008, 02:38 AM
It will be another reality show with actors act and try to make it interesting.Like this guy who brakes his guitar.Whats that?Even if i where Deadly drunk i wouldn't broke my instrument.Its not the guitar's fold that this sonovabtc cant play guitar.
So why he would broke his guitar?

a)For the Show
b)Coz he is on TV
c)Coz he is an a$$hole

I really don't like when the Media and TV mess with Rock & Punk stuff.

randman21
09-19-2008, 03:06 AM
(see: The Who)

Free?
09-19-2008, 03:31 AM
It will be another reality show with actors act and try to make it interesting.Like this guy who brakes his guitar.Whats that?Even if i where Deadly drunk i wouldn't broke my instrument.Its not the guitar's fold that this sonovabtc cant play guitar.
So why he would broke his guitar?

a)For the Show
b)Coz he is on TV
c)Coz he is an a$$hole

I really don't like when the Media and TV mess with Rock & Punk stuff.

Yes! All of those shows seem to be introduced as "realistic" while they aren't even close to that. That Rock Bottom show is just another commercial project with pussy "rock artists" who will entertain public for some time with doing things that common people find rock-y (like smashing guitars), having difficulties at their relationships and will end up as a "talented new born rock band" with hundred producers adjusting everything they do. I don't even have to have Fuse TV to see the whole picture. Report me if I'll be wrong.

The only music TV I miss was viva zwei, German channel who introduced me The Offspring and pretty many other bands 10 years ago, it also had really NICE rock charts every Tuesday, lives and interviews and it wasn't rock-only, it was more like pop-less :).

I don't watch any music TV now.

JohnnyNemesis
09-19-2008, 05:03 AM
Rock music is so fucking boring.

0r4ng3
09-19-2008, 05:09 AM
Is that with or without all subgenres? Because I'm pretty sure like a good percentage of music out there can be considered rock.

ad8
09-19-2008, 07:32 AM
The other day I was eating lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe and they play music videos around the restaurant. I saw MTV's first video "Video Killed the radio Star." It got me really reminicing on the days that I actually watched MTV. Doesn't anyone really watch that channel anymore? If I watch TV I tend to watch Fuse these days. Even though they are getting into the reality TV series themselves. I'm actually kinda excited (can't believe I just admitted that) about this new show that's starting on Fuse. It's called Rock Bottom.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF6VEwa9JR0

I used to like MTV some years ago. But everytime I switch to MTV nowadays, they're playing some dating show or that crap. So I don't watch it anymore. And Rock Bottom looks pretty lame to me. (Probably because I expected it to be related to the Offspring song:D)

JohnnyNemesis
09-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Is that with or without all subgenres? Because I'm pretty sure like a good percentage of music out there can be considered rock.

That applies to every genre though. And I was half-kidding. And so I say with all the subgenres. lolz.

jacknife737
09-19-2008, 06:20 PM
I haven't paid attention to much music/ mtv in ages. They just seem so irrelevant.

Sofinch
09-21-2008, 04:56 AM
We don't have Fuse on TV:p so I need to watch MTV or other music channels (JIMtv, TMF,...) :D

pillowstuff
09-25-2008, 03:07 PM
I dont think the show is going to be all that bad. Its bringing awareness to the drug problem that runs through the music business.

It doesn't remind me a little bit of that show that was running on A&E called Intervention.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8EFb_SeXjg

smash212
10-07-2008, 07:36 AM
Call it what you want, but dirty junkie musicians gets me hot, and I love an underdog story. I'm totally stoked to see Rock Bottom . . . ps feck MTV they sold out years ago. Viacom bullish

pillowstuff
10-07-2008, 02:17 PM
I was checking out the site and a guy in one of the bands has a meth addiction. He wont be in the episode that comes on tonight though. They saved him for last. It's a good thing the show airs so late in the evening too. This isn't the kinda stuff you want kids to see.

http://www.fuse.tv/ontv/shows/fuse-rock-bottom/

Who do you think is the biggest junkie in the industry now? My vote goes to the skeevy Miss Amy Winehouse.

nameless
10-08-2008, 05:12 PM
i dont have the fuse so i normally watch kerrang or mtv2! there just seems to be a lack of actual music on mtv, its all just packed in between those reality tv shows!

JohnnyNemesis
10-09-2008, 07:38 AM
there just seems to be a lack of actual music on mtv, its all just packed in between those reality tv shows!

Yeah, and what's the deal with airline peanuts? And those tags on pillows?

Offspring-Junkie
10-10-2008, 10:22 AM
GoTV, that's a good one from Austria. MTV isn't that bad either. I love music TV.