PDA

View Full Version : Brazilian judge cancels festival that Offspring is supposed to play.

Gustavo
09-18-2008, 03:57 PM
The newspaper "A folha de São Paulo" announced today that Mônica Libânio Rocha Bretas, a brazilian judge who works at the Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil jurisdiction has decided that there will be no Pop Rock Brasil (the festival), it happened due an agreement made by two radios in Belo Horizonte, the one that is organizing the event and another one.
It was specified in the agreement that there would not be a festival made by both radios in 60 days, after one of the radios does a festival, the other one would have to wait 60 days to do its festival.
And, according to this judge, the "break time" was disrespected, and this judge just CANCELED the festival.
And you know what? The producers have 10 days to cancel the event, take off all the announcements and stuff, otherwise they will have to pay a R$ 10.00 daily taxe.

I just want to say that.. Brazil = Shit.
Just because of greed and money there's not going to be the festival. Where the fuck is the respect to us, fans?!

Dammit.
I was counting the days, omg =\

Gustavo
09-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Oh, I almost forgot... For those of you who speak Portuguese or want to make sure it's real.
Here goes the link for the newspaper's news.
http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/ilustrada/ult90u446412.shtml

Thassae
09-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Relax, I think they'll reallocate the concert... Or change the organization...

In the last case, there will be the other cities (remember that HSBC Arena here in Rio de Janeiro is announcing the Offspring's Concert to november as well)

Gustavo
09-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Relax, I think they'll reallocate the concert... Or change the organization...

In the last case, there will be the other cities (remember that HSBC Arena here in Rio de Janeiro is announcing the Offspring's Concert to november as well)

I'm sorry, but I can't "relax".
I live far away from every venue that they're rumoured to play and even Belo Horizonte.
It's been hard to make my parents' minds so they can let me go to the concert.
And now it's almost impossible.
But it's not a big deal.. but, in the other festivals, the censure is 18. I am only 16!
I must be dreaming, this can't be happening!

KHWHD
09-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Damn, that sucks. I hope it still happens for you guys. :(

Thassae
09-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Here in RJ you would not find any problems... People here don't check your ID to concerts like these... And even if they do so, just ask somebody to buy the full price ticket for you (but if you still want to buy half-price ticket, then all I can say is: "just try how lucky you are").

Gustavo
09-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Here in RJ you would not find any problems... People here don't check your ID to concerts like these... And even if they do so, just ask somebody to buy the full price ticket for you (but if you still want to buy half-price ticket, then all I can say is: "just try how lucky you are").

But I am still scared of doing it, because, when the first news came out that The Offspring probablt would play in Brazil I looked for a job so I could afford to go to the concert, and believe me or not, I work because of The Offspring, just to get the money to go to the concert...
My worst nightmare is me going to another city in another state (I live in a non-important state, and I have never been out of my state, NEVER... Edit: That's why my location is "Nothingtown (Literally)") to see The Offspring and they won't let me get in because of my age or so.
OMG

Camilamazed
09-18-2008, 04:19 PM
That sucks big time.

=[

I'm ashamed for it. That's why things barely happen in Brasil because when it does, it's always not well done.

lost_nvrfound
09-18-2008, 04:26 PM
maybe they'll just end up moving the date. thats usually what happens when a show is cancelled for those kind of reasons. And if not a new festival, then maybe the offspring will plan for a new show there to make up for the people who are screwed over by the cancellation. They seem like those kind of guys.

Thassae
09-18-2008, 04:36 PM
As I said to you on MSN Messenger, Gustavo. The trick to come to RJ is to gather a bunch of friends. Take a bus (for a 10 hours trip), arriving on the concert day's morning. Go to the concert place and eat something. Don't drink booze (you'll end up tired very quickly, use lots of Red Bull instead) and enjoy the concert. When it's over, return to the Bus Station and take the bus back home (or get some rest, depending of the time of departure)!

brian.offspring
09-18-2008, 05:01 PM
fuck, it's so unfair
their last time in southamerica was in 2004
4 years . . and now this . . .

but don't be upset, "More shows in Brasil to be announced soon"
remember that :D

Cock Joke
09-18-2008, 05:03 PM
What a fucking piece of shit!!! Y'all oughta start a fucking rally!

Srsly, like, get on that fucking shit...FUCK!

Titus
09-18-2008, 05:23 PM
I don´t know why, but I'm so not worried about it, as someone said before, they will probably make another concert in BH to make up with the fans who live in there.
And they wouldn´t come to brazil to make just one concert, more shows to be announced, they will probably go to like 5 cities, like são paulo, rio, porto alegre, recife maybe, and hopefully Curitiba so then i don't need to travel to see them, but well, no problem if i have to travel for 6 hours to see them, I´m so totally going.

we all will have a good time in november

Ill.be.waiting.
09-18-2008, 06:25 PM
OMG!!
I can't believe it
:S
that's so sadd
Here in argentina are saying all the time that its confirmed that offspring its going to be here for a festival...but i never believe it until its on the home page...i could never stand the fact that they're not coming when they said they would...
but as brian said, don't worry, they said there are going to be more dates...
it's a shit to be under 18
I couldn't go to the 2004 concert because i was 13...
you can imagine that my parents didnt let me go
now maybe i can understand them a little more
but that was the worst feeling...
so...i dont know what to say
lets hope to see soon more dates
for some countries of south america :)
that we're always the lasts countries to be visited
¬¬

cool 2 hate 681
09-18-2008, 07:56 PM
that is too bad:(

Rutegard
09-19-2008, 02:44 AM
and what about now?

Gustavo
09-19-2008, 04:09 PM
and what about now?

What about now? That I wasted my time working... I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO PISSED OFF :mad:
I want to kill that Judge, this fuckin' censure is killing me.
All the others places The Offspring is supposed to play, the censure is 18.
I am 16... This can't be happening, I can not believe it

F@ BANKZ
09-19-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm sure that you could just lie about your age.

Gustavo
09-19-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm sure that you could just lie about your age.

It's a little bit complicated. I just hope there won't be these censuration things in Porto Alegre and Rio de Janeiro, or maybe... I hope that everything ends up ok in Belo Horizonte and they actually get to go there.

ThunderPX
09-20-2008, 03:41 AM
I feel your pain, man. But really, you can't really do anything but wait and see whether the festival is rescheduled or the band decides to schedule another show in the same week or so. A lot of bands do that when their plans fall through.

Camilamazed
09-20-2008, 02:08 PM
An Offspring concert rated 18 is the same as a Wiggles concert rated 10.

:rolleyes:

Jojan
09-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Oh, I almost forgot... For those of you who speak Portuguese or want to make sure it's real.
Here goes the link for the newspaper's news.
http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/ilustrada/ult90u446412.shtml

And for us who doesn't speak Portuguese, but English: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww1.folha.uol.com.br%2Ff olha%2Filustrada%2Fult90u446412.shtml&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&sl=pt&tl=en

Or you can translate to your prefered language at http://translate.google.com/

KHWHD
09-20-2008, 03:00 PM
I don't know why you're so upset. There's going to be another show in Brasil anyway. Be thankful.

http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/news?newsID=763486

Gustavo
09-21-2008, 12:50 PM
I don't know why you're so upset. There's going to be another show in Brasil anyway. Be thankful.

Trust me, I am very thankful they're coming to São Paulo too. But the f***ing producers won't allow minors to get in the conert, the censure is 18. I am 16, that's why I am SO UPSET.
I just can't wait to see any news about them coming to another cities that will actually allow +14 or +16 people to get in. Hopefully I will be able to go to Rio de Janeiro :)
And I will finally go to the beach as well. hehe.
Copacabana! :D

Thassae
09-21-2008, 12:50 PM

Yeah, but the issue is that Brasil is HUGE! We're just a little bit smaller than USA... iGustavo lives in a state in the very middle of the country and the shows are going to happen mainly "on the atlantic coast"... He's pissed off because this cancelled concert was going to happen in a "neighbour state" so that was kinda easy for him to go (3 or 4 hours would do the trick)... Now he has to face at least a 10 hours trip to see the guys!

Rutegard
09-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Yeah, but the issue is that Brasil is HUGE! We're just a little bit smaller than USA... iGustavo lives in a state in the very middle of the country and the shows are going to happen mainly "on the atlantic coast"... He's pissed off because this cancelled concert was going to happen in a "neighbour state" so that was kinda easy for him to go (3 or 4 hours would do the trick)... Now he has to face at least a 10 hours trip to see the guys!

yeah that sucks...

good luck man!!

Gustavo
09-21-2008, 12:59 PM

I don't mind about traveling long hours, I am sure it totally would be worth it.
But the biggest issue is the censure!
I've been working since last december just for saving money for this concert.
This censure is killing me.
I may go to Rio Grande do Sul (A state in the south, pretty close to Argentina) or I may go to Roraima (A state in the north, pretty close to Venezuela and Guyana), whatever....
I just want a place where I am allowed to go...
Maybe even Argentina.

Gustavo
09-21-2008, 01:02 PM
http://www.suapesquisa.com/mapas/mp-brasil.jpg
This is Brazil's map. I live in Goiás (Next to Minas Gerais, Tocantins, Brasília, Mato Grosso, Mato Grosso do Sul), Belo Horizonte is in Minas Gerais, the festival that The Offspring was going to play.

Leandro
09-21-2008, 02:21 PM
http://www.suapesquisa.com/mapas/mp-brasil.jpg

Now see the distance from Recife (in Pernambuco) to the others states that they are supposed to play (Minas Gerais, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Rio Grande do Sul)... It's a long distance to go and very expensive too... I have to face at least a 3 days trip (by car) to see the band if they doesn't come to Recife.

Thassae
09-21-2008, 05:12 PM
I have to face at least a 3 days trip (by car) to see the band if they doesn't come to Recife.

And that's sucks... Almost 1 week lost in the process...

Ill.be.waiting.
09-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Trust me, I am very thankful they're coming to São Paulo too. But the f***ing producers won't allow minors to get in the conert, the censure is 18. I am 16, that's why I am SO UPSET.
I just can't wait to see any news about them coming to another cities that will actually allow +14 or +16 people to get in. Hopefully I will be able to go to Rio de Janeiro :)
And I will finally go to the beach as well. hehe.
Copacabana! :D

Come here gustavo!
offspring is going to play on the 31th of october :)
it hasn't appeared on the home page yet :S
i don't know why
but i'm going to buy my ticket tomorrow
so...i don't know xD
that's the only thing that doesn't allow me to finally assume that they are coming
and in this show, some people said too that is for people +18
but personally, i dont think that is a problem...
someone else that has more than 18 can buy the ticket for you
and when you enter to the concert
do you think that are going to ask to every single person for his document? (i can't find that word on the page of translations xD, but you surely understand me)
Offspring has lots of fans that are under 18...including me xD

KHWHD
09-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Come here gustavo!
offspring is going to play on the 31th of october :)
it hasn't appeared on the home page yet :S
i don't know why
but i'm going to buy my ticket tomorrow
so...i don't know xD
that's the only thing that doesn't allow me to finally assume that they are coming
and in this show, some people said too that is for people +18
but personally, i dont think that is a problem...
someone else that has more than 18 can buy the ticket for you
and when you enter to the concert
do you think that are going to ask to every single person for his document? (i can't find that word on the page of translations xD, but you surely understand me)
Offspring has lots of fans that are under 18...including me xD

I wonder why there's an age limit, meaning over 18? Also, the word you're looking for is ID - Identification. :)

jacknife737
09-21-2008, 06:19 PM
I wonder why there's an age limit, meaning over 18? Also, the word you're looking for is ID - Identification. :)

Some shows just are, but most of the time it's at a bar/club where alcohol is served, and the venue doesn't want to have to worry about keeping track who's underage in the club. I don't really know if this applies in this case or not.

Ill.be.waiting.
09-21-2008, 06:35 PM

thanks xP
here in my country is dni
and i couldn't remember :P

Thassae
09-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Some shows just are, but most of the time it's at a bar/club where alcohol is served, and the venue doesn't want to have to worry about keeping track who's underage in the club. I don't really know if this applies in this case or not.

And also depends of the city and the venue... Here in Rio de Janeiro they say that it will be on the HSBC Arena and knowing that I'm pretty sure that the age classification will be 14+ or 16+... 18+ here is only for big festivals (like Rock in Rio) or if the band is really mature content (like Rammstein, Marilyn Manson or something). Ozzy Osbourne played here and it was rated 14+

jacknife737
09-21-2008, 06:38 PM
And also depends of the city and the venue... Here in Rio de Janeiro they say that it will be on the HSBC Arena and knowing that I'm pretty sure that the age classification will be 14+ or 16+... 18+ here is only for big festivals (like Rock in Rio) or if the band is really mature content (like Rammstein, Marilyn Manson or something). Ozzy Osbourne played here and it was rated 14+

Wow, that's interesting, and somewhat unfortunate for those underage.

Ill.be.waiting.
09-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Ozzy Osbourne played here and it was rated 14+

If that happened, offspring definitely shouldn't be rated over 18 xD
what an irony

GuilhermeOffspring
09-22-2008, 05:42 AM
"Brazil = Shit"

Oh, shut up!! 98 FM radio is wrong, you know...

offspring_freak_3
09-22-2008, 07:01 AM

The point is, it's A FUCKIN FESTIVAL, the Offspring isn't the only band to play, so i'm sure this age limit (18+) is because of that.

i just hope they come to Recife again, so i don't have to face traveling 3 days by car too.

Gustavo
09-22-2008, 08:44 AM

They probably had to rate it +18 due alcoholic drinks, that's why I don't drink and I never will.
But, that's what I can't stand... Why should I suffer because of other irresponsible people?

KHWHD
09-22-2008, 10:02 AM
They probably had to rate it +18 due alcoholic drinks, that's why I don't drink and I never will.
But, that's what I can't stand... Why should I suffer because of other irresponsible people?

Is the drinking age 18 over there? Damn. I thought we were young at 19 here in Canada. That sucks, hope it all works out for you.

KHWHD
09-22-2008, 10:07 AM
iGustavo

That's why they should make some of the events all ages, where people won't be discriminated against because of their age. That's too bad. :(

Gustavo
09-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Is the drinking age 18 over there? Damn. I thought we were young at 19 here in Canada. That sucks, hope it all works out for you.

Yes, it is.

iGustavo

That's why they should make some of the events all ages, where people won't be discriminated against because of their age. That's too bad. :(

I actually want one club show, but I'm not asking for it, I know it's not up to me...
But, getting to see them would be just awesome(wether in a festival or in a club show even though a club show would be "more awesomer"), I just want somewhere where I am allowed to go and I won't have to go there in fear and thinking that I may get busted, or something...
Imagine, I've been working for a long time just for saving money for this concert... What if I actually get to travel to another city and get busted in somewhere where I don't know anyone? :confused:

KHWHD
09-22-2008, 10:33 AM
I actually want one club show, but I'm not asking for it, I know it's not up to me...
But, getting to see them would be just awesome(wether in a festival or in a club show even though a club show would be "more awesomer"), I just want somewhere where I am allowed to go and I won't have to go there in fear and thinking that I may get busted, or something...
Imagine, I've been working for a long time just for saving money for this concert... What if I actually get to travel to another city and get busted in somewhere where I don't know anyone? :confused:

Yeah, that would totally suck. How old are you? I can understand your frustration.

Gustavo
09-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah, that would totally suck. How old are you? I can understand your frustration.

Unfortunately, I am 16. :(

Budzy
09-23-2008, 07:30 PM
The Offspring are above the law.

Thassae
09-23-2008, 07:34 PM

In theory, yes... It is 18...

Buuuuuuuut... People here don't check your ID to buy booze... I think that only supermarkets do that, therefore put the drinking age here around 14! =P

KHWHD
09-23-2008, 07:40 PM
In theory, yes... It is 18...

Buuuuuuuut... People here don't check your ID to buy booze... I think that only supermarkets do that, therefore put the drinking age here around 14! =P

DAMN! I know in the USA they sell booze in supermarkets and variety stores but they don't do that here in Canada. I know a lot of people tried booze by the time they were 14-15. I think I was a late bloomer at 17-18. I'm 33 now, but maybe partied from the time I was 19 till I was 21-22. The legal drinking age in Canada is 19 and 21 in the USA.

Rutegard
09-24-2008, 10:38 AM
The Offspring are above the law.

good one :p

Noodyn666
09-24-2008, 11:21 AM
In Germany you can buy with 16 beer and the hardthings like Jägermeister,Tequila with 18.

Rutegard
09-24-2008, 11:33 AM
In Germany you can buy with 16 beer and the hardthings like Jägermeister,Tequila with 18.

in portugal u can buy any alcahol with 16

Noodyn666
09-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Realy??? Sounds great:D

Rutegard
09-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Realy??? Sounds great:D

yeah :D

and i love tequila by the way :)

Stylie
09-24-2008, 11:58 AM

in portugal u can buy any alcahol with 16

Nooo way? :(
Heheh, the world is unfair.

Rutegard
09-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Nooo way? :(
Heheh, the world is unfair.

ahhah yeah but we can only take a driver's license at the age of 18

Stylie
09-24-2008, 12:43 PM
ahhah yeah but we can only take a driver's license at the age of 18

Same as in Norway, 18 here too. But in USA 16? Gah. When we are 16 here in Norway we can take the moped-, tractor- and stuff-license. (I have a moped btw)

Rutegard
09-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Same as in Norway, 18 here too. But in USA 16? Gah. When we are 16 here in Norway we can take the moped-, tractor- and stuff-license. (I have a moped btw)

yeah...but a car car...only with 18 LOL

that's great!!

wanna gimme a ride?? :D

KHWHD
09-24-2008, 01:36 PM

Legal driving age in Canada is 16 too. :cool:

Rutegard
09-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Legal driving age in Canada is 16 too. :cool:

and what about legal drinking age?

KHWHD
09-24-2008, 01:53 PM
and what about legal drinking age?

19 here and 21 in the states.

Rutegard
09-24-2008, 01:55 PM

WOW :D

CANADA rulez...

better than 21 right? lol

KHWHD
09-24-2008, 01:56 PM
WOW :D

CANADA rulez...

better than 21 right? lol

Yeah. I was soo afraid they'd change the drinking age to 21 like the states when I turned 19... hahaha. But they didn't. :D

Rutegard
09-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah. I was soo afraid they'd change the drinking age to 21 like the states when I turned 19... hahaha. But they didn't. :D

good, here is cool too....excep for the legal driving age....

but we can start drinking with no prob at all at the age of 16 :D

Gustavo
09-24-2008, 05:32 PM
All I know is that I'm still worried about it all :(

Rutegard
09-25-2008, 01:51 AM
All I know is that I'm still worried about it all :(

any news?

Leandro
09-25-2008, 03:49 AM
Offspring in Recife and Fortaleza?
http://www.dosol.com.br/2008/09/25/offspring-no-nordeste/

If it's true, thanks for coming to Recife! :D
Fortaleza will be great too! A lot of fans from Northeast will be congratulated!

Rutegard
09-25-2008, 03:50 AM
Offspring in Recife and Fortaleza?
http://www.dosol.com.br/2008/09/25/offspring-no-nordeste/

If it's true, thanks for coming to Recife! :D
Fortaleza will be great too! A lot of fans from Northeast will be congratulated!

wow something new :D what a great thing :D

let's hope it's true

Ill.be.waiting.
09-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Lucky the brasilian people
u.u
they have a lot of shows
we have only one ¬¬
butttttttt im grateful :D

Leandro
09-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Lucky the brasilian people
u.u
they have a lot of shows
we have only one ¬¬
butttttttt im grateful :D

They should play in more places in Argentina too... They have a lot of fans in Argentina and Brasil.

Stylie
09-27-2008, 08:44 AM
yeah...but a car car...only with 18 LOL

that's great!!

wanna gimme a ride?? :D

Yeah, of course! :D

Hah, here in Norway it's 18, like the driving license.