PDA

View Full Version : three random sunny thoughts

Sunny
09-21-2008, 12:46 PM
1. maybe i'm a huge nerd (ok, definitely) but anonymous pwning Oprah had me in hysterics. you'd think someone on her team would've realized it was a joke.
http://digg.com/comedy/Oprah_vs_over_9000_PENISES

2. which brings me to my next thought, anybody here use Digg? if so, let's be friends! =)

and lastly and most randomly:
3. is anybody else bothered by motion activated devices? my bathroom fan turns on anytime i walk in and it drives me nuts. there's no way to disable it, it's loud and i've taken to putting a band-aid over the sensor because it pisses me off. i can't be the only one... right? RIGHT?

Meg
09-21-2008, 12:53 PM
Or how about motion sensors that DON'T work? Like when you go to a public bathroom and the bloody taps don't work... AFTER you've put the soap on your hands =[

Sunny
09-21-2008, 12:58 PM
oh that's annoying too. i usually lose my temper and get all like "WORK DAMN YOU" *punch*

why can't they just put regular faucets in? rah!

KHWHD
09-21-2008, 12:59 PM
I had the same problem with my fan at my old apartment. Everytime I'd turn the light on the fan would come on and it was super duper loud. There was no way of disabling it either. It sucked because I couldn't hear ANYTHING going on out in the livingroom or kitchen where my kids were so most of the time I had to bring them in with me just so I knew that they weren't getting into any kind of trouble. Thank God my new apartment has 2 seperate switches for the light and the fan.

Jebus
09-21-2008, 01:01 PM
My favorite part is the gasp from the crowd after she says "they're all raping children".

I have a digg account (BananaGrabber), but to be honest all I've been using it for lately is to troll Obama supporters with pro-McCain comments.

Meg
09-21-2008, 01:03 PM
oh that's annoying too. i usually lose my temper and get all like "WORK DAMN YOU" *punch*

why can't they just put regular faucets in? rah!

I also hate the push taps. They only run for shortest amount of time, so they run out before you've finished getting all the soap off.

Having said that, out of the 10 or so taps in the ladies at work, only 3 work. And one of those, when you push it, doesn't actually turn off =/

Endymion
09-21-2008, 01:04 PM
i have a digg account, but i rarely go anymore since it's basically turned into a "lolz, post things that were on 4chan two years ago" instead of a news site. ditto for reddit while we're at it.

jacknife737
09-21-2008, 01:39 PM
1. maybe i'm a huge nerd (ok, definitely) but anonymous pwning Oprah had me in hysterics. you'd think someone on her team would've realized it was a joke.
http://digg.com/comedy/Oprah_vs_over_9000_PENISES

Oh god, i was laughing at this for over 20 minutes straight, anonymous always brings the lulz.

It was also such a stupid quote to read over the air.

Vera
09-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Motion-activated lights in other people's yards annoy me, I'm just walking past their house minding my own business and BAM, a light goes on. Makes me feel watched.

On the other hand, my dad installed motion-activated lights in his house's basement stairs - they are awesomely handy as suddenly going deep into the basement/garage doesn't feel so scary when a set of lights come on and light up the entire stairway. And if you're carrying something like food from the cellar, there's no fuss about how to find the light switch etc.

Meg
09-21-2008, 01:58 PM
I always used to hate the motion light at one of my old houses. For some absurd reason it was in the back garden. So whenever a cat or something went past, i'd get like blackpool illuminations in my bedroom =[

Cock Joke
09-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Hahahahahaaaaaaaaahahaha! Oprah got fuckin' owned!

Lizardus
09-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Anon-9000+
Oprah-0
ANONYMOUS WINS!
COCKTALITY!

Llamas
09-21-2008, 11:03 PM
...how could Oprah (or like Sunny said, SOMEONE) not have realized how ridiculous that was?? An organized group of 9000 pedophiles? Man... it's too funny to believe she actually thought it was true.

Motion activated stuff is such a long way off from being remotely good. The idea behind the ones in public restrooms is nice and logical, but they just don't work right. Having the fan in your bathroom go on every time you enter is just STUPID. That's even worse than bathrooms where the fan and light are hooked up to the same switch. Like you need a fan on when you go in to brush your teeth?