PDA

View Full Version : Favorite (none-beer) drink to order at a bar?

jacknife737
09-21-2008, 10:50 PM
Ok, i'm drunk so this is certainly relevant to my interests.

Mine is definitely whiskey and coke, or gin and tonic*. Oh, and straight jager shots are always good, if you don't want to remember the evening.

*this is kind of gay, but it's a damn fine drink.

wheelchairman
09-21-2008, 10:52 PM
I haven't ordered anything but beer at a bar in a very long time. I suppose a Greenland coffee, that's coffee with whiskey, cognac and grand marnier. (you light the grand marnier on fire and then pour it in.)

But only cause it looks cool I guess. Oh and Somersby is good, the apple cider.

ninthlayer
09-21-2008, 11:09 PM
I have friends named Tom and Mary.

jacknife737
09-21-2008, 11:26 PM
The people i was with tongiht kept ordering this thing called the "ninja"; two shots of gin with Smirnoff Ice, served in a glass with ice. I felt like a sumbucket actually paying for a Smirnoff Ice, but man, does it ever put you over the edge.

the_real_potomek
09-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Lastly I drank some Brazilian alcohol, I don't remember the name but it was really good. I like sweet and strong drinks, but it's expensive so I prefer drinking vodka in my friends' houses:D

Vera
09-22-2008, 12:49 AM
I am laaaaaaaame and typical but I usually go for cider, long drink (Finnish specialty; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_drink) or White Russian (Belo-Russian?) and for shots, salmiak vodka.

Oxygene
09-22-2008, 01:30 AM
I either do wine and carbonated water (kind of a traditional mix here in Hungary) if I'm just looking to get greased up, or if it's very hot then I"ll throw down a Mojito or two.. however, when I'm not doing recreational drinking, but wanna let go, I prefer Long Island Ice Tea.. 2 of those keep u fucked up the entire night, if they're done right, plus they have a very healthy money-to-hammerdness ratio :)

Nina
09-22-2008, 01:42 AM
Daiquirí, I guess! Any kind will do but I prefer Strawberry.

Endymion
09-22-2008, 02:50 AM
mint julep.

the_real_potomek
09-22-2008, 02:54 AM
I like also Bloody Mary;] and plum wine and Crimea wines...mmm, I like alcohol.

-L-
09-22-2008, 04:30 AM
Havana and Red bull or Malibu and Ananas

Sunny
09-22-2008, 04:36 AM
mojito, vodka tonic, margarita and most recently grey goose peartini.

Sinister
09-22-2008, 05:09 AM
Liquid Cocaine. Equal parts Jägermeister, Goldschläger, and if you're lucky and they stock it, Bacardi 151. Tastes great, works great.

sipptaroowsky
09-22-2008, 05:27 AM
rakija travarica with just a little bit of rakija šljivovica

Free?
09-22-2008, 05:42 AM
I don't drink much and often and I haven't found absolute favorite yet. Maybe Red Bull with Vodka.

Rag Doll
09-22-2008, 07:46 AM
it depends on the bar. i go to a bar every weekend for bar trivia and i generally order a twisted asshole (vodka, melon liqueur, peach schnapps, orange juice, and pineapple juice) if it's warm out or a hot turtle (which is some coffee based drink that i cant remember the ingredients of at the moment) if it's cold out.

but when i go out to other bars...hm. malibu bay breeze. some sweet shooters (alien secretions, scooby snacks, etc). grey goose and cranberry. but i'm not a bar person, really. i'd rather make my own drinks at home, because i make them better =\.

wheelchairman
09-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Smith n Weston. I can't really remember what's in it, but my uncle likes to make it. Vodka and something else and pepsi and something else plus ice.

sKratch
09-22-2008, 08:02 AM
Nine times out of ten I'll get a beer.
Drinks that I like:
Vodka Collins
Whiskey Sour
Drinks my girlfriend makes with whatever we have lying around
Jager Bombs (if anyone makes a jager bombs reference, let me preemptively call you a faggot)
SoCo Lime
Car Bombs*

Drinks I don't like but drink on occasion anyways:
Jameson

Endy is obviously an old southern gentleman.

*I just had a beer Saturday night called Milk Stout by the Left Handed Brewing Co. and it tastes like a car bomb and I kept expecting it to curdle because I wasn't drinking it quickly.

T-6005
09-22-2008, 08:06 AM
I generally get a beer at bars. If I don't I guess I get a rum and coke or a Tom Collins.

Amiralanal
09-22-2008, 08:18 AM
If not beer, i order gin & Tonic

Sofinch
09-22-2008, 09:06 AM
They can't sell me alcoholic drinks yet :D

ad8
09-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Havana Club + Coke

JohnnyNemesis
09-22-2008, 11:39 AM
In order of preference:

Whiskey Sour
Jack & Coke
Stella Artois (beer)
Blue Moon (beer)
Screwdriver
Rum & Coke
Bloody Mary

I love a good Blood Mary, but it's really hard to find a good one in a bar. I had one the other day that I actually had to add my own pepper to; what the fuck. The ones I make on my own are pretty tasty. but my friend Dave is some kind of genius when it comes to makin' em. Teh yumz.

Sunny
09-22-2008, 12:15 PM
I love a good Blood Mary, but it's really hard to find a good one in a bar. I had one the other day that I actually had to add my own pepper to; what the fuck. The ones I make on my own are pretty tasty. but my friend Dave is some kind of genius when it comes to makin' em. Teh yumz.

i find brunch places usually have the tastiest bloody marys. bars hardly ever do. i like mine with extra lime and extra hot sauce, but maybe i'm just a weirdo. ;p

this reminds me that some of my favorite drinks aren't really "bar drinks" as much as they're brunch drinks. mimosas, bellinis, pomegranate mimosas... bah.

IamSam
09-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Crown and 7. Also a fan of Captain Morgan and Dr. Pepper. Also electric lemonade.

Endymion
09-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Endy is obviously an old southern gentleman.

like my new avatar?

JohnnyNemesis
09-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Anybody want a bathtub mint julep?

Andy
09-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Bulleit bourbon and ginger ale.

Bulmers (on ice, of course).

Lemonade.

Sunny
09-22-2008, 03:12 PM
Bulmers (on ice, of course).

oh hell to the yes. i love that stuff.

is there some sort of social stigma attached to being a Bulmers drinker? i kinda get the sense that there is, but i'm not sure. the Irish confuse me greatly.

Tizzalicious
09-22-2008, 11:23 PM
I usually don't drink alcohol, but when I do I like malibu & coke. Or malibu and apple juice.

dff_punk
09-23-2008, 01:10 AM
Anybody know pepermint liquor? And also Bols Blue is my favorite. Yeah, I am a sucker on strange colors :)

Free?
09-23-2008, 01:59 AM
Bols Blue sounds interesting ;)

Oxygene
09-23-2008, 05:40 AM
Actually I forgot the pussy drink I truly love, bacardi breezers

Andy
09-23-2008, 03:07 PM
oh hell to the yes. i love that stuff.

is there some sort of social stigma attached to being a Bulmers drinker? i kinda get the sense that there is, but i'm not sure. the Irish confuse me greatly.

How do you mean? Do they throw stuff at you when you order it or something?

Who'd have thought that the Irish have prejudices against alcohol.

Sunny
09-23-2008, 03:15 PM
ah my landlord once noted "oh yiz a cider drinker" in a manner that implied.. hm.. distaste. and i was like... uh.. yeah? and another person (unrelated) said "oh, you'll come around" when i ordered a bulmers (instead of a guinness).

is it a hobo drink or a teenager drink or something? SO BEWILDERED.

Rag Doll
09-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Or malibu and apple juice.

i keep meaning to try this.

do you use like....sweet apple juice (you know, like from concentrate, sugar added, etc) or the natural apple juice (no sugar added, not as sweet, etc)...? or does it not matter?

Llamas
09-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Captain and coke
Vodka cran
amaretto sour
tom collins
long island
screwdriver

Sometimes I'll branch out... maybe a Jack and coke... maybe some shots...

Normally these days I get beers and a couple captain/cokes. In Austria, I stuck to white wine.

darea
09-24-2008, 01:10 AM
Mine must be cider. After two years in England, I discovered the awesomeness of cider, like Bulmers and Kopperberg... But then again, I don't like beer, so it can only be cider in the first place.
And in France, for those like me who don't like beer, there's demi-peche, or demi-fraise, which is half beer, half peach/strawberry syrup (sirop), and there's also desperados... so thats a good way of drinking beer when you're not all that keen on it.

I also like Malibu and pineapple juice.

Superdope
09-24-2008, 10:48 AM
In order of preference:

Whiskey Sour
Jack & Coke
Stella Artois (beer)
Blue Moon (beer)
Screwdriver
Rum & Coke
Bloody Mary

I agree with everything on your list except the Bloody Mary (Do not want!) and Blue Moon (Haven't tried it.). Add some Cap'n Morgan and we're all set to go.

My class went to London last May and Stella Artois became a stable. Ah, the memories... or lack thereof.

the_real_potomek
09-24-2008, 11:04 AM
me and my friend created drink named bullshit consisted of 1/3 vodka, 2/3 red bull and fresh raspberries, maybe nothing special but we had a lot of fun with this:D

and if someone of you come to Poland, try polish vodka żołądkowa, I love it, one of the best vodkas I've ever tried. it's kind of sweet herbal vodka and it's great with cinnamon and oranges. mmm...:D

Little_Miss_1565
09-24-2008, 11:27 AM
I have friends named Tom and Mary.

So many friends of Tom Collins here. I had no idea how classy y'all were.

Bulleit bourbon and ginger ale.

YES. Whiskey/bourbon and ginger is my jam. Though lately I've been really into Pimm's, so Pimm's and ginger is also a good time.

The other night one of the bartenders at my part-time job made her signature "limonaid," which was muddled lemon wedges, sugar, club soda, sour mix, and Bacardi Limon. I thought it sounded disgusting but it tasted just like a summer day. And dangerous, because you can't taste any booze in it.

Oxygene
09-24-2008, 11:54 PM
I thought it sounded disgusting but it tasted just like a summer day. And dangerous, because you can't taste any booze in it.

Good lord that does sound dangerous... those are my fav types of drinks. I'm not a big fan of shots and such.

Duskygrin
09-25-2008, 01:24 PM
- Perrier

- Gin & Tonic.

- Whisky Johnnywalker

- Shandy

In no particular order...