PDA

View Full Version : To whom it may concern:

nieh
09-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Just because you make funny voices that doesn't mean anything that comes out of your mouth is actually funny.

Love,
Josh

Cock Joke
09-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Lol okay.

SK8rocka
09-23-2008, 01:19 AM
Just because you make funny voices that doesn't mean anything that comes out of your mouth is actually funny.

Love,
Josh

story of my life

Jakebert
09-23-2008, 07:51 AM
He's looking at you, Robin Williams.

nieh
09-23-2008, 07:59 AM
I feel the need to point out that I made the thread immediately after having to sit through one of those stupid Frank Caliendo dish dvr commercials, but that it's directed at lots of people.

Jakebert
09-23-2008, 08:13 AM
Oh man, I fucking hate that guy.

randman21
09-23-2008, 08:39 AM
I used to be all about some Frank Caliendo, but that was back when actually did a bit, instead of (the same old) John Madden impressions for an hour. He's painful to watch, especially in those Dish Network commercials.

Cock Joke
09-23-2008, 08:44 AM
Caliendo is hilarious! Hasn't anyone seen that Mad TV skit where he's John Madden trying to do a commercial for tampons?

"Remember, monkey is code for vagina!"

T-6005
09-23-2008, 09:09 AM
I have no idea who you're talking about, but just the mention of MadTV makes my head hurt.

With rage.

Jakebert
09-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Frank is an amazing impressionist, but he's an awful comedian. Nothing he actually says is funny, but dumb people laugh because they recognize the impression and it makes them feel good about themselves.

XYlophonetreeZ
09-23-2008, 10:41 AM
I generally agree. I never really laugh at Frank Caliendo and I hate when he actually tries to make jokes. I enjoy watching him sometimes, not because he makes me laugh, but just because the impressions are so good. I don't think I could ever sit through one of his "comedy" routines, but I immensely enjoyed watching him do impromptu impressions of Charles Barkley and a bunch of other people without really making jokes.

jacknife737
09-23-2008, 11:25 AM
I thought the first couple John Madden sketches on Madtv were funny, then it just got old. Like others have mentioned, i have no desire to watch his stand-up routine.

Tyler Durden
09-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Frank is an amazing impressionist, but he's an awful comedian. Nothing he actually says is funny, but dumb people laugh because they recognize the impression and it makes them feel good about themselves.

You take things way too seriously...

nieh
09-23-2008, 01:23 PM
You take things way too seriously...

I think we found a Caliendo fan.

Llamas
09-23-2008, 01:28 PM

Love,
Josh

That sentence could've used some punctuation or something... it took me like 5 read-throughs to figure out what you were saying, haha.

I have no idea who you're talking about, but just the mention of MadTV makes my head hurt.

With rage.

Actually, this skit is quite funny. The last 25 seconds or so are great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks7xkusMIZc

Rag Doll
09-23-2008, 03:49 PM
I generally agree. I never really laugh at Frank Caliendo and I hate when he actually tries to make jokes. I enjoy watching him sometimes, not because he makes me laugh, but just because the impressions are so good. I don't think I could ever sit through one of his "comedy" routines, but I immensely enjoyed watching him do impromptu impressions of Charles Barkley and a bunch of other people without really making jokes.

i totally agree. his impressions are so awesome, but not particularly funny. though, i do chuckle at his observation that Bush always looks like he has sun in his eyes.

That sentence could've used some punctuation or something... it took me like 5 read-throughs to figure out what you were saying, haha.

i think it was completely clear and easy to understand...

Llamas
09-23-2008, 05:05 PM
i think it was completely clear and easy to understand...

Just because you make funny voices, that doesn't mean anything that comes out of your mouth is actually funny.

Love,
Josh

This would've been better. I kept reading it as though it was one complete segment... I thought he made a typo and it was supposed to read, "Just because you make funny voices that don't mean anything," which made the sentence illogical.