PDA

View Full Version : Meaning of Gone Away

Sombreros559
09-22-2008, 11:52 PM
Hi I searched and couldn't find any other threads like this so here goes. Does anyone in the forums know who the song "Gone Away" was written about? I've heard that Dexter's first wife was killed in a car accident. And on the Greatest Hits DVD he seems uncomfortable talking about the song.

Thanks I appreciate any responses.

rise_and_fall
09-23-2008, 12:02 AM
Hi I searched and couldn't find any other threads like this so here goes. Does anyone in the forums know who the song "Gone Away" was written about? I've heard that Dexter's first wife was killed in a car accident. And on the Greatest Hits DVD he seems uncomfortable talking about the song.

Thanks I appreciate any responses.

As far as I know what you're talking about is just speculation. Yes, Dexter is uncomfortable speaking about the topic, therefore we should respect this and not speculate on his personal life.

Sombreros559
09-23-2008, 12:10 AM
I know it probably speculation I'm just curious where everyone gets the substance of the speculation from. Has he ever actually stated that this is why he wrote the song? Just curious.

holland25
09-23-2008, 12:27 AM
No he didn't. Close the thread.

Free?
09-23-2008, 01:30 AM
Sombreros, to me it seems that Gone Away isn't a big riddle and what are lyrics about is simple to figure out. Really, nothing much to discuss, just read the lyrics now.

Rutegard
09-23-2008, 02:40 AM
gone away deals with the global warming and why polar bears are about to become extint from the face of the earth!!

oh yeah....and in the last chorus, if you hear right...it also points out that the end of the world will be in 2012!!

can't you all see that??

JJEEEEEEEZZZZZZ

Tijs
09-23-2008, 03:14 AM
Gone Away is about loss. It's about the feeling you get when someone close to you isn't there anymore.

What the reason was why Dexter wrote the song is something he doesn't talk about, and we shouldn't speculate about because it's probably private.