PDA

View Full Version : The New Single Poll

Budzy
09-23-2008, 06:57 PM
What songs do you want to see become singles for Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace?
I've taken out Hammerhead and Your Gonna Go Far Kid (I think it's pretty certain that it will be a single).
May have been done before but it's time to update.
And im bored.
:D

Cock Joke
09-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Stuff Is Messed Up is on its way to being the third single. I've lurked around here and I saw people saying stuff about it being the most played.

I personally think that if they go for a nice, slow-paced single like Kristy or A Lot Like Me, that would get a shitload of attention and they'd be real popular. It would also be different for them and that's what they need to do at this point, try something different.

EDIT: Rock Bottom is such an awesome song and I really hope they put that out there as well!

KHWHD
09-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Nothingtown. :D

Budzy
09-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Nothingtown. :D

ALLELLUHIA! (i spelt that wrong i think)
Nothingtown FTW!

KHWHD
09-23-2008, 07:28 PM
ALLELLUHIA! (i spelt that wrong i think)
Nothingtown FTW!

I only voted Nothingtown. I really can't see there being anymore than 3 singles. I may be wrong.... but that rarely happens. ;) :p

We have 1, nearly 2 out. And for some reason I can't see Nothingtown being a single - no real reason why, but just a hunch. I also really love Rock Bottom and it doesn't get nearly enough recognition that it deserves.

KHWHD
09-23-2008, 07:29 PM
????
I DONT GET IT BUT IM SINGLE ???
but i do dog for fun but don juge me

Say again?!

KHWHD
09-23-2008, 07:32 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33469&page=10

but don laff it was fun tho abit

WOAH. Ok, that is just wrong... really, really wrong.

wrc307
09-23-2008, 07:35 PM
takes me nowhere , the perfect song for a video

Jojan
09-24-2008, 07:51 AM
When will you people get that A Lot Like Me suck?

Out on Patrol
09-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Let's hear it for rock bottom

bighead384
09-24-2008, 08:14 AM
Anything but Kristy.

dr.vanessa
09-24-2008, 08:19 AM
Half-truism
Rock bottom
Kristy
Takes me nowhere
ALLM

Redjie
09-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Anything but Kristy.
Definitly.
A Lot Like Me, may not be their best song on the album (IMO) but it would be a good single.

lost_nvrfound
09-24-2008, 08:41 AM
I think there are a few songs on there, that could have been really amazing and hard hitting, but they went a little overboard on the editing... it lost some of the rawness...

I still vote A Lot Like Me as the next one. Its very radio friendly I think.

Grimesy da Offspringfan
09-24-2008, 09:41 AM
A lot like me. Not my favorite, but it's very catchy. I've showed it to a alot of ppl and everyone think it's awesome. Even my metalhead friends say that

lost_nvrfound
09-24-2008, 09:44 AM
A lot like me. Not my favorite, but it's very catchy. I've showed it to a alot of ppl and everyone think it's awesome. Even my metalhead friends say that

Yeah, its a very universal type song.

medi01
09-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Trust In You
Kristy &
Stuff is Messed Up

F@ BANKZ
09-24-2008, 10:01 AM
I voted Nothingtown.

Blitzkrieg Bop
09-24-2008, 10:46 AM
I voted Kristy

Rutegard
09-24-2008, 10:48 AM
i voted HT trust in u takes me nowhere nothigtown and stuff

too many?

the_real_potomek
09-24-2008, 11:45 AM
i voted HT trust in u takes me nowhere nothigtown and stuff

too many?

no, nothing of the kind:D I wish they did all the singles you mentioned:D
I voted only Stuff

Rutegard
09-24-2008, 12:03 PM
no, nothing of the kind:D I wish they did all the singles you mentioned:D
I voted only Stuff

good then :D

and thanks for the support!

Stylie
09-24-2008, 12:06 PM
I voted for Half-Truism, A Lot Like Me and Kristy. Though, Nothingtown and some others would probably be good as singles too. It's just that I can't decide. :)

I just hope they're getting out a really, REALLY KICKASS musicvideo for YGGFK. A real musicvideo that people will notice and say; "damn, that's good man!". I've seen the new musicvideo from Metallica, The Day That Never Comes, and damn, that's a cool video and song.

Well... I don't hope JUST for a music video for YGGFK, but I also hope on more singles and videos. At least one more, the album is absolutely good enough for three singles.

bighead384
09-24-2008, 12:32 PM
What are they going to do, release the YGGFK video after radio stations are done playing it and they want another single to play? That would end up forcing their 2nd and 3rd singles compete with each other. Radio stations have been playing YGGFK since July. Freaking October is right around the corner.

I really don't think there's going to be a YGGFK video. If there is, it better be ready in like a week.

I could be wrong about this, but can anyone tell me an instance where a video was released after the single was already well past it's prime on radio and off the charts?

randman21
09-24-2008, 12:33 PM
^Definitely. I voted Half-Truism, A Lot Like Me, and Fix You, but I completely forgot about Nothingtown, which would make a perfect third single (as would "Kristy" but I don't want that). The thing I love about this album is that it's full of single-worthy songs.

Stylie
09-24-2008, 12:40 PM
What are they going to do, release the YGGFK video after radio stations are done playing it and they want another single to play? That would end up forcing their 2nd and 3rd singles compete with each other. Radio stations have been playing YGGFK since July. Freaking October is right around the corner.

I really don't think there's going to be a YGGFK video. If there is, it better be ready in like a week.

I could be wrong about this, but can anyone tell me an instance where a video was released after the single was already well past it's prime on radio and off the charts?

Well. But YGGFK hasn't been officially released as second single, have it?

And yeah, I don't understand what they're doing either. Hopefully they have a good plan (evil one, mouhahah). ...go KICKASS video for YGGFK! ...and more single. =)

Rutegard
09-24-2008, 12:41 PM
YELLOW

would like to vote for Nothingtown

her fav song on the album!

bighead384
09-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Well. But YGGFK hasn't been officially released as second single, have it?

I really don't think it matters. It's going to fall off the charts and radio play in about a month. And they haven't even begun to shoot the video as far as we know.

Rutegard
09-24-2008, 01:17 PM
I really don't think it matters. It's going to fall off the charts and radio play in about a month. And they haven't even begun to shoot the video as far as we know.

yes that's bad

Cock Joke
09-24-2008, 01:43 PM

I'm still holding onto the idea that the video will be released sometime before the Japanese tour. The Hammerhead video seemed to arrive unexpectedly.

randman21
09-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Except that the Hammerhead video was out soon after the single, right? I hate to think like this, but videos are not what they used to be. The music industry is changing, and if they--or the record company--feel like they won't get something out of the cost it takes to make one, there might not be a You're Gonna Go Far, Kid video.

cool 2 hate 681
09-24-2008, 07:10 PM
half truism for 3rd single

the_real_potomek
09-24-2008, 11:50 PM
I'd like them to make some kick ass video, I love their videos but Hammerhead didn't grip to me so I miss sth new

Thomas
09-25-2008, 12:09 AM
I dunno. MTV may not be playing videos anymore, but they sure as Hell are getting millions upon millions of plays on youtube. I know personally, that's where i see a good 99% of my music videos...

Rutegard
09-25-2008, 01:00 AM
seriously..i'd hate to see a lot like me as a single..

Mel_Off
09-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Stuff Is Messed Up :cool::cool:

Sofinch
09-25-2008, 10:12 AM
I want a video from Kristy are you doing okay
I think it would be beautiful

jacknife737
09-25-2008, 10:25 AM
I dunno. MTV may not be playing videos anymore, but they sure as Hell are getting millions upon millions of plays on youtube. I know personally, that's where i see a good 99% of my music videos...

Exactly, videos are now for online promotion. You'll get exponentially more views on youtube or myspace then you would on trl.

As to the original question of the thread, i'd like to see either Half-Truism, Kristy, or Nothingtown (although i may be in the minority on this last one).

bighead384
09-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Exactly, videos are now for online promotion. You'll get exponentially more views on youtube or myspace then you would on trl.

That's probably true to an extent, but with youtube, you basically only see what you search for. Don't you think that makes it drastically different from videos being played on MTV or wherever else on TV as far as exposure goes?

Thomas
09-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Not really. Youtube has "recommended for you" and "related video" searches, which have caused me to watch quite a few videos. You are right to an extent, but if a video is getting a lot of play online, more and more people are gonna see it.

chriiis
09-25-2008, 02:10 PM
i think that

Half-Truism, Nothingtown and Stuff Is Messed Up will be the next singles!

Ill.be.waiting.
09-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Nothing town and stuff is messed up :D

darea
09-26-2008, 02:46 AM
If there is one that I really wanna see single is Half-Truism. The first time I heard the album, it was my favorite and it still is. it's so awesome, and it would be cool to see a video of it, hopefully not one like hammerhead, and where you can see the band a bit (not during the whole video though).

Otherwise, yeah stuff is messed up, which I didn't used to like that much would be cool too. And if they show like a few seconds of each thing they mention in the song, in the music video, or like, a shot where you see a kid watching "pimp my ride" or other stuff or whatever.

And Nothingtown would be cool too. I'd kinda like the band to be in that music video, and they'd have to be in a crappy town for the song lol... what about hum... fayetteville? although they'd probably go for anywhere in orange county/california...

randman21
09-26-2008, 03:13 AM
and they'd have to be in a crappy town for the song lol... what about hum... fayetteville?
Ha! I second this.

dora-insomniac
10-15-2008, 06:24 AM
I voted for half truism, nothingtown and stuff is messed up --> I KNOW it's too much and there can't be so many singles but this album is just so great, perfect etc, I couldn't decide!!! :confused:

Rutegard
10-15-2008, 06:29 AM
I voted for half truism, nothingtown and stuff is messed up --> I KNOW it's too much and there can't be so many singles but this album is just so great, perfect etc, I couldn't decide!!! :confused:

with a signature like that...how come you didn't vote for fix you? eheheh ;)

Bipolar Bear
10-16-2008, 12:25 AM
When will you people get that A Lot Like Me suck?

QFT

Shit is Fucked Up / Half-Trusim ftw

ernesto88
10-16-2008, 07:17 AM
it's hard to choise!
i vote for "stuff is messed up"