PDA

View Full Version : Kitten question

KHWHD
09-25-2008, 08:01 PM
I got a kitten about a month ago. She's a little over 3 months old. My apartment has a screen door but between her and my kids, the screen has been ripped. Enough where if I open the balcony door to let some fresh air in, the cats can get out on the balcony through the screen. My kitten has climbed through the rungs twice now and has jumped down to ground level. We're on the second floor. I put a peice of cardboard up so she couldn't get through the rungs. Well tonight she got out again. This is my question. I heard a kitten meowing but it sounded like it was on the ground. Turns out it wasn't, it was above me on the balcony above me. The wall is about 4-5 feet to the balcony above mine. And the wall is at a 90 degree angle. It's cement, almost brick like. How the fuck does a kitten climb 4-5 straight up a cement wall onto the balcony above mine without falling to the ground? LOL I know cats/kittens can climb and jump extremely well, but I'm so baffled by how she did it. Thanks.

KHWHD
09-25-2008, 08:07 PM
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2497/72345029bv8.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1928/16036243bp3.jpg

Rag Doll
09-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Mine climbs up the cement fireplace all the time. they must just get their claws in the little holes.

Ryder1234
09-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Judging from the first pic, it looks like it could have gone up the corner, kinda like the way kittens climb scratching posts. One paw on each side.

Both of my cats had litters, and whenever the younger set is allowed to roam free (they're only just old enough and have to be supervised), the older ones will try to play with them the same way they do to each other (like kicking in the face and biting each other's necks). But since the little ones are so small it looks like they're trying to kill them. They have to be put in a separate room when the other ones are out.

nameless
09-26-2008, 09:06 PM
I got a kitten about a month ago. She's a little over 3 months old. My apartment has a screen door but between her and my kids, the screen has been ripped. Enough where if I open the balcony door to let some fresh air in, the cats can get out on the balcony through the screen. My kitten has climbed through the rungs twice now and has jumped down to ground level. We're on the second floor. I put a peice of cardboard up so she couldn't get through the rungs. Well tonight she got out again. This is my question. I heard a kitten meowing but it sounded like it was on the ground. Turns out it wasn't, it was above me on the balcony above me. The wall is about 4-5 feet to the balcony above mine. And the wall is at a 90 degree angle. It's cement, almost brick like. How the fuck does a kitten climb 4-5 straight up a cement wall onto the balcony above mine without falling to the ground? LOL I know cats/kittens can climb and jump extremely well, but I'm so baffled by how she did it. Thanks.

i was surprised at the way my cats could jump onto ledges and through windows which i though would have been impossible until i saw them peerforming the stunts! that does seem pretty unbelievale for a kitten though, is that balcony above anything to do with you or a sepearte section altogether?! could they have maybe squeezed up another way?!

KHWHD
09-26-2008, 09:10 PM
i was surprised at the way my cats could jump onto ledges and through windows which i though would have been impossible until i saw them peerforming the stunts! that does seem pretty unbelievale for a kitten though, is that balcony above anything to do with you or a sepearte section altogether?! could they have maybe squeezed up another way?!

There is just the wall that you can see in the pics. She had to have jumped onto the top of the railing, then climbed up the wall. There is no other way that she could have climbed up there, other than the wall.