PDA

View Full Version : speaking test about dexter

Anka
09-28-2008, 01:56 PM
on Tuesday I have a speaking test about my favourite living famous person- so guess who it is... of course Dexter. I have to speak approximetly 3 minutes and I dont know how to say everything I want... so any ideas or advice what I should never ever forget? or some interesting and funny facts, maybe also quotes? thank you ;)

KHWHD
09-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Hmm... so much to say in so little time.

Dexter is an amazing singer.
Dexter is gorgeous.
Talk about his family and or career.
One of my favourite quotes is the one where he said that he composts his own poop to help the environment.
Talk about his love of flying.
Talk about his Gringo Bandito hot sauce.

There's a few of some of the important things. :)

Tijs
09-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Just pick some stuff that makes him stand out from all the other artists:

- Flying around the world because he could
- Running a marathon to beat Oprah's time
- Having his own brand of hot sauce

Begin to explain what we should Dexter from and then talk about each of the above for 50 seconds, and you're done. Put some slideshow in the background if you can to show the stuff that doesn't need to be explained so you can show more of his awesome-ness.

Cock Joke
09-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Real name Brian, Born December 29th, eats at Wahoo's Tacos, greatest singer of all-time, etc.

Anka
09-28-2008, 02:07 PM
of course Im going to tell about flying and marathon, and biology and hot sauce and his great ability to write songs. and as the topic is also image and style im thinking of bringing some images and describe his new hairstyle:D and the quote about compost wont be appropiate, probably (but last lesson we were listening to Anarchy in UK, so maybe)...
thanks for advices and keep them coming:)
Im so looking forward it...

Tijs
09-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Yeah talk about his hair.. that'll get your grade up...

the_real_potomek
09-28-2008, 02:12 PM
say how awesome did he sing on Rock For People:D

Anka
09-28-2008, 02:15 PM
say how awesome did he sing on Rock For People:D

actually there is "question" if I saw him at real life... so Im going to speak about RFP:)

F@ BANKZ
09-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Apply the quote "You can't download hotsauce... Yet"

It works for me all of the time.

Redjie
09-28-2008, 02:32 PM
I would help you but when I tried to talk about Dexter on my english class, I figured out my teacher actually liked the offspring so she kept asking me stuff and I spent my supposed five minutes answering her questions.

KHWHD
09-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Yeah talk about his hair.. that'll get your grade up...

Well I guess it depends on if the teacher likes his hair too... y'never know?! :p

sidfarkus
09-28-2008, 03:37 PM
this reminds me of the time i had to write a paper about a modern renaissance man and i wrote about dexter...got an A too

Rutegard
09-29-2008, 04:47 AM
this reminds me of the time i had to write a paper about a modern renaissance man and i wrote about dexter...got an A too

i did a work bout him too and aslo had the same grade...

it was fun :D

the_real_potomek
09-29-2008, 05:30 AM
i did a work bout him too and aslo had the same grade...

it was fun :D

huh, why hadn't I presentation about my favourite famous person at school? It's so unfair, everyone except for me had:(

Rutegard
09-29-2008, 06:02 AM
huh, why hadn't I presentation about my favourite famous person at school? It's so unfair, everyone except for me had:(

i dunno...this one was for history... the rest of the ppl spoke about gandhi, mother teresa, princess diana, bill clinto, einstein, lavoisier, marie curie, edison, you name it....
LOL

and me?

dexter holland!! aahahha

the_real_potomek
09-29-2008, 06:22 AM
i dunno...this one was for history... the rest of the ppl spoke about gandhi, mother teresa, princess diana, bill clinto, einstein, lavoisier, marie curie, edison, you name it....
LOL

and me?

dexter holland!! aahahha

hahaha:D that's great, I'm sure that your work was the best:D

Anka
09-29-2008, 08:25 AM

of coarse her work was the best... and if she added there some of her stories...:D

now Im going to eat something and then hooray to work. keep your fingers crossed or give me more inspiration:)

KHWHD
09-29-2008, 08:26 AM
now Im going to eat something and then hooray to work. keep your fingers crossed or give me more inspiration:)

I'm sure you'll do fine. :) :cool:

the_real_potomek
09-29-2008, 10:12 AM
of coarse her work was the best... and if she added there some of her stories...:D

your work also will be the best:D but I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway:)

Anka
09-29-2008, 10:58 AM
my classmate is going to speak about Hugh Laurie- so my two favourite famous people are going to be "described". it will be awesome, though I dont know what to say and what not...

mrs_hollandova
09-29-2008, 11:01 AM
my classmate is going to speak about Hugh Laurie- so my two favourite famous people are going to be "described". it will be awesome, though I dont know what to say and what not...

Who is Hugh Laurie??? Talk about Denzel Washington - the most beautiful chocolate man :p And second most beautiful man in the world after Dexter ;)

Redjie
09-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Who is Hugh Laurie???
Hugh Laurie is the most incredible doctor in the world: Doctor Gregory House :D

Rutegard
09-29-2008, 11:14 AM

well i got a fucking great grade :D

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHA

AHAHAHAHHAHA

mrs_hollandova
09-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Hugh Laurie is the most incredible doctor in the world: Doctor Gregory House :D

OH GOD! Girls... eee... well... the most beautiful doctor was dr Burke from Greys Anathomy :p Hmmm :rolleyes: But now hes gone. And dr House is OLD, sorry

Redjie
09-29-2008, 11:20 AM
OH GOD! Girls... eee... well... the most beautiful doctor was dr Burke from Greys Anathomy :p Hmmm :rolleyes: But now hes gone. And dr House is OLD, sorry

Karev, McDreamy & McSteamy kick Dr.Burke's ass. And so did Denny Duquette, that guy Izzi fell in love with.
We're so going offtopic.

mrs_hollandova
09-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Karev, McDreamy & McSteamy kick Dr.Burke's ass. And so did Denny Duquette, that guy Izzi fell in love with.
We're so going offtopic.

Nobody can kick Burkes ass, only DEXTER

Redjie
09-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Nobody can kick Burkes ass, only DEXTER
Dexter can kick everyguy's ass xD
edit: But those four kick Dr.Burke's ass by far.

mrs_hollandova
09-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Dexter can kick everyguy's ass xD

yeeeeees ;):p

Rutegard
09-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Dr House is so fucking sexy!!!

the_real_potomek
09-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Who is Hugh Laurie??? Talk about Denzel Washington - the most beautiful chocolate man :p And second most beautiful man in the world after Dexter ;)

oh no, second most beautiful man in the world after Dexter is Noodles!!! :D

Rutegard
09-29-2008, 11:27 AM

ihihih i love noodles :D

he's the sweetest guy ever

mrs_hollandova
09-29-2008, 11:27 AM

0. My boyfriend (I must write this :p)
1. Dexter
2. Noodles
3. Denzel Washington

Anka
09-29-2008, 11:36 AM
1. Dexter
2. Noodles
3. Denzel Washington

as long as we should speak about favourite living famous person, your boyfriend and denzel are out, as he doesnt know offspring, noodles is out and dexter is "mine". actually I said him to describe Hugh...he is incredible :)

btw, Im in a half of my planned description and even now im sure it is longer than 3 minutes... so maybe there will be no time to describe hugh at the lesson :D

the_real_potomek
09-29-2008, 11:37 AM
1. Dexter
2. Noodles
3. Denzel Washington

ok, that's better:P

my personal ranking looks this way:
1. Dexter
2. Noodles
3. the other members of Offspring

[a long break]

the rest:D:D:D

Rutegard
09-29-2008, 11:47 AM
ok, that's better:P

my personal ranking looks this way:
1. Dexter
2. Noodles
3. the other members of Offspring

[a long break]

the rest:D:D:D

AHAAAH i loved the break thing :D

Anka
09-29-2008, 11:59 AM
my:
1. Dexter
2. Noodles together with Hugh
3. Robert Sean Leonard
4. other Offspring guys (Greg, Higgins, Pete, Atom, Ron)
5. Allan Iverson

and further I dont care

Tijs
09-29-2008, 12:07 PM
1. Dexter
2. Ryan Reynolds
3. Matt Damon

...or am I not supposed to make these kind of lists?

mrs_hollandova
09-29-2008, 12:08 PM
1. Dexter
2. Ryan Reynolds
3. Matt Damon

...or am I not supposed to make these kind of lists?

No cause you like Matt Damon LOOOOOOL hes not a real man, he looks like 15years old :D

Redjie
09-29-2008, 12:14 PM
I say...
1. Dexter
2. Francisco Rebelo de Andrade (I know, I know, who the fuck is that guy? ahah, well, wanna know, click "sexual healing" on my sig)
3. Noodles
4. Billie Joe *runs as fast as she can*
5. Steven Talley :D

mrs_hollandova
09-29-2008, 12:16 PM
I say...

4. Billie Joe *runs as fast as she can*

:D:D:D OMG

Anka
09-29-2008, 02:09 PM
come on, back to the topic... what should I speak about? :D

edit: finally it is done, I think it lasts 5 minutes, but Im sure I will slightly change it during my "presentation"
now just briefly read Hugh`s biography :D

the_real_potomek
09-30-2008, 09:54 AM
so, how was the presentation? pride yourself:D

Rutegard
09-30-2008, 10:02 AM
yeah i wanna know all the details....

mrs_hollandova
09-30-2008, 10:08 AM
yeah i wanna know all the details....

So you wanna know "about the sounds they were making", "how long it was taking" and "how the walls were shakin" LOL

Anka
09-30-2008, 11:03 AM
well, I forgot to tell about Gringo bandito and how he cares for fans :(. but after I finished, teacher said "good good, I would like to ask... Do any of you have some questions?"- to my classmates. and everyone was quit, I was trying to make my friend ask something, but she didnt. then teacher said that he also thinks I said everything. and I started to shake my head and saying no, that he has done a lot more things... so he was like "I know you could speak about him for days..." and then he just said that it was perfect :)
I made him laugh when I said that dex cut his hair because fans were pulling them and that he has got soviet fighter jet...
so thats the end of this story

Rutegard
09-30-2008, 11:15 AM
So you wanna know "about the sounds they were making", "how long it was taking" and "how the walls were shakin" LOL

ahahahahahaha LOL

well, I forgot to tell about Gringo bandito and how he cares for fans

CONGRATS!!

but he really does not care that much, noodles does...

Anka
09-30-2008, 11:33 AM
but he really does not care that much, noodles does...

okay, but he writes band journal (sometime), and they are making competitions (by the way I really want jack-o-lantern competition this year) and if he doesnt want to meet with fans he would not... but I wasnt so lucky to meet them so I dont know how it works in reality :)

Rutegard
09-30-2008, 11:37 AM
okay, but he writes band journal (sometime), and they are making competitions (by the way I really want jack-o-lantern competition this year) and if he doesnt want to meet with fans he would not... but I wasnt so lucky to meet them so I dont know how it works in reality :)

well he cares...we give them some money :p....but honestly noodles is the sweetest