PDA

View Full Version : Worst Fail in the History of Fails

StayInTheHouseCarl
09-29-2008, 04:40 PM
My band, the Black Dots (www.myspace.com/bdots), have been together in various lineups since 2004, and finally this summer, it seems that we were starting to catch on, playing 3 shows in one month, and so on. We are recording an EP in November, and all of that fun stuff...
Until we get a manager, I have been doing all the manager-y stuff, like booking and such. My phone was on the fritz last week.
Unfortunately for me, one of the guys who books us was trying to get a hold of me (i was unaware of course, with my phone not working). Got my phone working today, and he called me, saying he had tried to get a hold of me last week to get us on Liskfest.
Liskfest : Oct 11 in Irvine. with the Vandals, Gorilla Biscuits, Strung Out, Bleeding Through, Everytime I Die....

Alas since he couldnt get a hold of me... the spot was filled.

God. Dammit.

randman21
09-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Woooow. My condolences. Maybe you should include an email address in your contact info. Man, that really sucks.

jacknife737
09-29-2008, 06:19 PM
oh man, that really sucks. I hope something else comes along.

Ryder1234
09-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Oh wow that sucks really bad. But who knows? Maybe when the Offspring go on their tour of America you'll open for them or something? :D

StayInTheHouseCarl
09-30-2008, 12:16 AM
haha...wouldn't that be nice

The guy actually did have our email, and our myspace, so he couldve gotten a hold of us that way.... but he decided not to.
oh well. I went and had some drinks and watched Flogging Molly tonight, so im feeling a bit better. lol

Static_Martyr
09-30-2008, 05:43 AM
All I have to say is....ouch. If I had done that, I would not sleep for at least a week. I would lie awake at night cursing the heavens for my terrible luck....

ad8
09-30-2008, 06:27 AM
Goddammit. I imagine how great it would be to play a with the vandals... I hope you get to a similar concert soon!

StayInTheHouseCarl
10-02-2008, 06:33 AM
Thanks for the condolences! lol

LosingStreak
10-15-2008, 07:27 PM
i love flogging molly....

StayInTheHouseCarl
10-15-2008, 09:07 PM
so do i!
i actually have a friend right now who is studying abroad in London, she is seeing Flogging Molly in Dublin.