PDA

View Full Version : Music Festivals

pillowstuff
10-01-2008, 02:17 PM
So Bonnaroo was my first festival experience. I met a ton of people and listened to some amazing bands. Since then I've been trying to plan a trip with some of my best friends to travel to Europe to attend one of there music festivals. We were thinking of the Rockness Festival in Ireland but I was wondering if anyone knows of some more. Please any suggestions would be great!! Thanks

coolignition
10-02-2008, 12:53 PM
My cousin is going to the Rockness festival in Ireland!!! I'm so jealous. It sounds amazing.

Jesus
10-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Biggest in terms of huge acts
Rock Am Ring
Rock Werchter
Roskilde
Reading
Glastonbury

Bit less big
Sziget
Exit
Pinkpop
Rock In Rio
Lowlands
Pukkelpop
Download
Southside/Hurricane
Greenfield
Eurockeennes
Oxegen
Provinssirock

H1T_That
10-03-2008, 07:28 AM
It depends what kind of bands you are into really.

Rock AM Ring always has an amazing line-up though.

If you're really willing to travel, go to Soundwave 09 (Australia). BEST LINEUP EVER!

smash212
10-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Rock Am Ring
Rock Werchter
Roskilde
Reading
Glastonbury

Bit less big
Sziget
Exit
Pinkpop
Rock In Rio
Lowlands
Pukkelpop
Download
Southside/Hurricane
Greenfield
Eurockeennes
Oxegen
Provinssirock

Sweet list of festivals. I actually saw some footage from a few of these on IFC. I really wish I had the money to make it to one of these festivals.

H1T_That
10-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Rock Am Ring
Rock Werchter
Roskilde
Reading
Glastonbury

Bit less big
Sziget
Exit
Pinkpop
Rock In Rio
Lowlands
Pukkelpop
Download
Southside/Hurricane
Greenfield
Eurockeennes
Oxegen
Provinssirock

IMO, Pinkpop, Oxegen, Rock In Rio and Download are all bigger than Rock Werchter and Roskilde

fallen_
10-06-2008, 07:34 AM
Rock'n Coke was my first festival experience. The headliner was The Offspring, The Cure, The apocalyptica , Sebnem Ferah... i was took a calender in this year and i wrote in the Rock'n Coke days: FUN!.
But i am very sorry because i can't go another Rock' coke festival that the headliner was Placebo!

holland25
10-06-2008, 07:44 AM
The apocalyptica

This is hilarious.

H1T_That
10-06-2008, 08:03 AM
This is hilarious.

A simple translation error, not really that funny at all.:confused:

holland25
10-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Uh, well, that definite article before the name of the band made me laugh a bit. I don't consider it that hilarious now.

fallen_
10-07-2008, 06:42 AM
Uh, well, that definite article before the name of the band made me laugh a bit. I don't consider it that hilarious now.

hey, you can sure they laugh me lot because they didn't say 'Merhaba' do you understand?

holland25
10-07-2008, 07:02 AM
What Merhaba? I only laughed at the THE before Apocalyptica. It simply doesn't fit there.

coolignition
10-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Actually, i saw a commerical this week for a show where a guy is traveling around the world going to different types of underground and different music fests, i looked it up and its called excellent adventure. sounds like a cool idea for a music show..something with substance as opposed to another rock of love type show
http://fuse.tv/ontv/shows/fuse-excellent-adventure/index.html

Offspring-Junkie
10-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Rock im Park 08 was awesome. The Offspring, Bad Religion, Queens of the stone age, Metallica, Rage against the machine, die toten hosen, airborne, disturbed, fratellis and so on. That was one kind of a festival.

fallen_
10-17-2008, 04:03 AM
What Merhaba?

oh, you can learn it everywhere. why did you asked it? and.. if i did a mistake, i can learn it.you don't have to tell it.

SK8rocka
10-22-2008, 12:40 AM
yeah yeah yeahs