PDA

View Full Version : VP Debate

ninthlayer
10-02-2008, 07:40 PM
I left to pick up some Steel Reserve something like halfway through the debate, but I kept a pretty solid count of a few things:

Me saying:
“Fuck you Palin” – 9
“What a dumb bitch” – 8

Palin saying or eluding to:
Maverick - 5
Hockey Moms – 2
“Alaska” – EVERY FUCKING QUESTION

Palin didn't come across as someone that was ready to lead a country. Barely someone that could lead a dick into her 'gine without grazing the buttcheeks a few times. Palin was terrible and didn't answer any fucking questions, she just talked about Wasilla and Todd and pissed me off in general. What a dumb fucking cunt.

ps: The biggest praise Palin has been receiving from commentators was not fucking up too badly. Jesus shit.

WebDudette
10-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Other people drink Steel Reserve!? I know like 3 people that drink it.

<3<3

i dont see how it could have been more unfair for Palin . i mean, the moderator is in the middle of writing a book supporting Obama. im mean just now they said that this may have no effect on the elections, but its as if they are immediately ignoring how well Palin did. whatever politics are gay. America is fucked no matter who gets elected, due to the uneducated public. Everybody is going to withdraw their stocks in panic of loosing more money, and its going to crash and burn. i hope im wrong but mark my word.

I hate my friends sometimes. Though to be fair, I didn't watch them.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-02-2008, 07:53 PM
She really did not answer a single fucking question. A couple of times she was even like, "Can I please talk about this instead?" There was another time when the moderator asked her to respond to one of Biden's charges against McCain, and she said "I'm not going to respond to that, I'm just gonna talk about taxes some more." I haven't stayed around to watch any commentary. I'll see it soon enough.

PS: No, I'm not drunk, but I sure as fuck will be soon.

Cock Joke
10-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Meh. She'll get better, probably, I dunno.

She did say "maverick" a lot, tho. Holy fuck!

nieh
10-02-2008, 07:55 PM
I watched 5 minutes and turned it off since it was clear she wasn't going to actually answer anything the whole night and I already made my mind up about who I'm voting for a long time ago so I didn't feel the need to torture myself with more.

Italia311
10-02-2008, 08:18 PM
I'd nail Palin...I saw it on T.V while I was flicking through...shes not bad....

jacknife737
10-02-2008, 08:20 PM
I watched the Canadian English leadership debate tonight, which consequently was on the same time as the VP debate. I plan on watching it tomorrow, but i'm not sure if i'll be able to listen to this women talk for a couple hours without destroying my laptop out of rage.

Cock Joke
10-02-2008, 08:21 PM
I'd nail Palin...I saw it on T.V while I was flicking through...shes not bad....

Right on!!!

IamSam
10-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Jesus Christ that was horrible to watch. What is it about Palin's voice that makes me want to punch a baby?

Every time she mentioned 'The Maverick' I wanted to choke her. I especially was upset when she called him the original Maverick. There is only one 'original Maverick' and he is much more interesting than McCain.

http://www.magicdragon.com/Wallace/melmaverick.jpeg

I was happy when Biden finally called her on using the 'Maverick' term.

Llamas
10-02-2008, 10:27 PM
I thought she did alright. I did cringe every time she said "nu-cu-ler", though, and her accent is irritating. I honestly think she exaggerates it every so often cause it's "cute". Repeatedly talking about Alaska, talking about being a mom or a woman, saying "maverick"... it sucked and was stupid. Oh, and I really strongly feel that she planned out the "say it ain't so Joe" thing and such... since she specifically asked if she could call him Joe before the debate. But my god, that whole line they keep showing over and over on the reviews where she says "say it ain't so Joe" and "dog gone it" and "gosh darn"... seriously. Lay off the stereotypical dialect already? Nobody really talks like that!

Biden won this debate easily. Palin merely proved she's not a COMPLETE idiot, which is making the Republicans way happy. It won't change anything... I don't think it'll sway votes either way.

One thing I will say is that I liked this debate way more than the presidential one. I thought it was a much better debate (though obviously less important), because both parties were in it the same. I think it's funny, though, that Palin did what Obama was accused of before, by agreeing several times with Biden... and Biden did what McCain was accused of, by really not speaking to Palin. Both were less extreme, but just amusing.

With these debates, though, I think the Obama/Biden ticket is really pushing forth, and I think McCain supporters are counting on the old folks hobbling to their Oldsmobiles and Buicks and meandering over to the voting booths... while the college students are stuck taking exams and writing papers ;)

jacknife737
10-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Post debate polls are showing that Biden "won".

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/10/2/23101/4268/952/618411

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/02/poll-biden-wins-debate-palin-exceeds-expectations/

Little_Miss_1565
10-03-2008, 05:56 AM
Biden is the sunshine of my life. McCain is a smart man -- how can he continue to pain Biden as "ready to gaffe" when his VP is functionally retarded and every word out of her mouth is an embarassing gaffe?

Rag Doll
10-03-2008, 08:11 AM
I adore Biden.

There were times when my mens and I literally lol'd at Palin. I felt that at times she seemed too condescending and "bitchy' for lack of a better word at the moment. Which really irked me because she knows very little about anything she was asked about, especially compared to Biden. And she barely answered any questions. Ugh.

nieh
10-03-2008, 10:53 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3091/2909496470_d751e8a3dc.jpg

Rag Doll
10-03-2008, 10:56 AM
bwaha. i love that.

sKratch
10-03-2008, 01:54 PM
She did ignore most of the questions, but then again I think Biden often did it too, except toward the end he began addressing them more. She came off sounding not completely retarded, which unfortunately will be important for idiots because the way the media set it up, that's all she had to do to prove herself.

Line that pissed me off more than anything all night:
We can't leave Iraq because we haven't won yet.

Close second:
Anything supporting biofuel (Biden fuck you on that one).

Static_Martyr
10-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Did anyone see NBC Today today?

It was terrible. Three of the four commentators were talking about what a "great job" she did, and what a "skilled debater" she was. One of them even said that her blatant, proud aversion of specific questions was "the sign of a skilled debater."

Refusing to participate in a discussion about a particular topic does not show great conversational skills.....or does it? What planet am I on? Does logic work? Is science still here?

Oh, God, I hope she doesn't get elected.....I don't even think of it as the McCain ticket. I'm so uncomfortable with Palin that I actually don't mind McCain anymore, I just don't want that batshit insane woman in the White House....

And there's this other stupid morning talkshow called "Mike And Juliet," where they had some folks on talking about Palin's clothes and how they reflected her personality. Her clothes!

It's really amazing; never in my life have I been really, genuinely pissed at mainstream morning media. It only takes an hour or two of this woman talking to make me want to go be "trupunx" for a few days....is that bad?

Moose
10-03-2008, 07:55 PM
i remember how they are discussing the ties of bush and gore and in the debate...how red meant aggressive and strong, and blue meant gentle...

...they both avoided questions well and avoided looking like idiots...but let's be honest, they arent going to effect the election too much...if the economy is showing signs of life, and russia invades, let's say, ukraine, then the momentum and polls shift to mccain...this is how it's going to go till november...we'll see.

randman21
10-03-2008, 08:07 PM
And there's this other stupid morning talkshow called "Mike And Juliet," where they had some folks on talking about Palin's clothes and how they reflected her personality. Her clothes!

That is what you get for watching Mike and Juliet for anything other than a chance to see Spaghetti Cat.

JohnnyNemesis
10-03-2008, 08:08 PM
This is kind of a synthesized response to a few posts here and in the other Palin thread as well, but...

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but aside from maybe one or two instances last night (compared to Palin's evasiveness on every single question without fail), Biden actually answered last night's questions, and usually quite clearly to boot.

Or are people just doing that annoying thing of, like, ignoring facts in an attempt to seem impartial, rather than honestly evaluating politics? Palin's a fucking idiot, and we don't need to act like Biden was even nearly as bad just to seem like "moderates".

Jebus
10-03-2008, 09:31 PM
My favorite part was when the moderator gave her a second chance to address Biden's accusation that McCain was always supports deregulation (after Palin said we needed more regulation) and instead changed the subject. Right at the end she tried addressing Biden's comment for a few seconds when the moderator told her she was out of time. As soon as the moderator stopped her, she had this "oh thank god. I had nothing" relieved look on her face.

sKratch
10-05-2008, 08:22 AM
This is kind of a synthesized response to a few posts here and in the other Palin thread as well, but...

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but aside from maybe one or two instances last night (compared to Palin's evasiveness on every single question without fail), Biden actually answered last night's questions, and usually quite clearly to boot.

I don't know about that... Unfortunately it's not fresh on my mind any more, but while I was watching the debate I felt like Biden would speak as if he were answering a question when in fact he was just going into well-veiled talking point speeches.

JohnnyNemesis
10-05-2008, 04:37 PM
He did have an annoying habit of going off on those veiled speeches more often than I would have liked to see, but I felt like he almost always returned to the question at hand. It's still pretty fresh in my mind, but I can see how we might have different perceptions of his habit of doing that. I think the veil was actually pretty thin on his end sometimes, but he still returned to the question.

Llamas
10-05-2008, 07:56 PM
So... one of my best friends is my favorite person to talk politics with, and he's a Republican. Usually it's enjoyable because he has good arguments and points, he's closer to being moderate, and he's not a douche. Yesterday he told me that after the debate, of the four people here, he'd most want Palin in office. Why? Because she's an outsider of Washington. He thinks we need a non-Washingtoner... but come on, not HER!

XYlophonetreeZ
10-05-2008, 08:18 PM
He did have an annoying habit of going off on those veiled speeches more often than I would have liked to see, but I felt like he almost always returned to the question at hand.
Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I thought about it.

So... one of my best friends is my favorite person to talk politics with, and he's a Republican. Usually it's enjoyable because he has good arguments and points, he's closer to being moderate, and he's not a douche. Yesterday he told me that after the debate, of the four people here, he'd most want Palin in office. Why? Because she's an outsider of Washington. He thinks we need a non-Washingtoner... but come on, not HER!
I really hate the notion that "Washington" is some kind of evil disease that eats away at your soul the second you take a position in the federal government. I mean, yeah, there's corruption and some generally unsavory shit that goes on there, but that doesn't mean that no one in Washington can be trusted. Besides, if hypothetically Palin were a 2-term president, then by her second term wouldn't she be more "Washington" than Barack Obama is now?

It's even more retarded to talk about "Washington" in that way with a single senator. There are 100 senators, and just because you're disappointed with congress doesn't mean that any individual in congress can be blamed for not bringing about change.

Static_Martyr
10-07-2008, 09:03 AM
That is what you get for watching Mike and Juliet for anything other than a chance to see Spaghetti Cat.

I suppose that's true....I don't normally watch that show for obvious reasons, but I saw they were talking about Palin and the debate and I wanted to at least take a look. Well, I learned my lesson 0_0

P.S. Just wiki'd Spaghetti Cat. And I just say: meh....an actual clip would be funny, but a puppet? Not so much.

Then again, I am hopelessly biased against Mike and Juliet. They always seem to take the easy wins (i.e. have a guy on your show that you know nobody's going to agree with, etc.).

EDIT: And it all makes sense now! Juliet used to be at Fox News!

[/belated realization]