PDA

View Full Version : New You're Gonna Go Far Kid video info (story etc)

Jesus
10-07-2008, 11:36 AM
THE OFFSPRING
Dir: Chris Hopewell
UK 2008 3 mins 5 Secs
Record Company: Sony BMG

The latest Collision video and a dark tale of power and money corrupting a simple farmer when he is given a magical golden guitar.

Source (http://www.encounters-festival.org.uk/Festival-Programme/Guest-Screenings/Collision-Films.html)

Luckily for a bunch of people here it's a simple farmer and not a pig farmer ;). Sounds cool, hopefully they are in it though.

holland25
10-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Simple farmer with a magical golden guitar? Power metal much?

Sofinch
:D sounds nice!
regrettable there's no pic. of it

Superdope
Somehow, the words "dark tale" and "farmer + golden guitar" don't fit quite that well together in my head :/ but I have a lot of faith in Chris. Some of his earlier work is awesome.

Rutegard
10-07-2008, 11:41 AM
huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmm

i guess i'll wait and see LOL

a magical golden guitar?!?!WF!? is this something to do with harry potter or what?

jacknife737
10-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Interesting to say the least, kind of sounds like a Jack Black movie or something. Can't wait to see the final result.

Thomas
10-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Interesting to say the least, kind of sounds like a Jack Black movie or something. Can't wait to see the final result.

haha. Tenacious D was my first impression. It would be AWESOME is Jack Black made a cameo in this one.

It sounds cheesy, but I think I'm gonna like it. I have a soft spot for cheesy funny music videos.

randman21
10-07-2008, 12:13 PM
I guarantee there will be at least one pig in this video.

Tijs
10-07-2008, 12:15 PM
A farmer with a golden guitar, huh? Well that will be interesting. I can't seem to quite picture that in my head.

Stylie
10-07-2008, 12:19 PM
This sounds interesting! I think it's gonna be great, and please let the band be in the video.
And the video is 8 seconds longer than the song, btw. :D

Rutegard
10-07-2008, 12:19 PM
I guarantee there will be at least one pig in this video.

AHAAH

DON'T say that!!!

A farmer with a golden guitar, huh? Well that will be interesting. I can't seem to quite picture that in my head.

yeah yeah......i know....i have the same problem....it's just too weird...

well let's wait and see what comes out

Redjie
10-07-2008, 12:22 PM
First, hammerhead simbol reminds me of Harry Potter stuff and now they have magic guitars...
So, who's watching too much Harry Potter on that band, huh?! Okay, I'll just wait and see.

Rutegard
10-07-2008, 12:23 PM
First, hammerhead simbol reminds me of Harry Potter stuff and now they have magic guitars...
So, who's watching too much Harry Potter on that band, huh?! Okay, I'll just wait and see.

GREG of course!!!

brothadave79
10-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Wow it sounds like pretty heavy-handed symbolism. Farmer = roots of American society. Golden guitar = draw of wealth and power. Tah-Dah! It's social commentary even a 14 year old can get!

Rutegard
10-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Wow it sounds like pretty heavy-handed symbolism. Farmer = roots of American society. Golden guitar = draw of wealth and power. Tah-Dah! It's social commentary even a 14 year old can get!

yep...i guess we are used to it :D right?

by the way im 12 so u should say...even a 12 years old get it LOL

EDIT: social/political commentary is something we were already expecting...cause of the lyrics...so...i think it's great!!

Stylie
10-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Hey hey guys, let's wait and see the video before we beginn to complain, you guys (...aaand girls) are very good at it. :P
I think it sounds interesting. Can't wait to see the final video.

Tisiacs
10-07-2008, 12:30 PM
yeah, greg totally has to play the role of the farmer, well, at least I want the band to be in the video, that's all I'm asking for.

Stylie
10-07-2008, 12:33 PM
yeah, greg totally has to play the role of the farmer, well, at least I want the band to be in the video, that's all I'm asking for.

The band MUST be in the music video (!!).

Rutegard
10-07-2008, 12:35 PM
The band MUST be in the music video (!!).

oh yeah.....i hope so!!

we need to SEE the band :D

Anka
10-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Greg as the farmer and Noodles will give him the golden guitar :D

Rutegard
10-07-2008, 12:37 PM

and dexter?

brothadave79
Hey hey guys, let's wait and see the video before we beginn to complain, you guys (...aaand girls) are very good at it. :P
I think it sounds interesting. Can't wait to see the final video.

I was more playing around than complaining. :P I just hope it's a good video. And I like that it's going to be dark, in keeping with the whole feel the album has had. Even Hammerhead, though I hate the video, I like the fact that it's at least dark in its imagery.

Tisiacs

Now you made me realize Greg is the bassist :p

Oh well, I guess Noodles can play the role then, I've got a feeling he knows about guitars.

Tisiacs
10-07-2008, 12:38 PM
and dexter?

Dexter will probably play the farmer's pet pig

Rutegard
10-07-2008, 12:40 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

GENIOUS!!!

Blitzkrieg Bop
10-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Wow it sounds like pretty heavy-handed symbolism. Farmer = roots of American society. Golden guitar = draw of wealth and power. Tah-Dah!

Yeah, good vs. evil ... the message of the album per Dexter ;)

That is just nasty :D

Anka
10-07-2008, 01:29 PM

that is what I wanted to write in my post, but then realised it would be better not to mention it...

medi01
10-07-2008, 01:37 PM
The latest Collision video and a dark tale of power and money corrupting a simple farmer when he is given a magical golden guitar.

...better be a gold Gibson LP guitar...if it is that'd be awesome, tis my dream guitar:D

IamSam
10-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Echoing the thoughts of someone else here: This really sounds like a Tenacious D video, but from watching his Chris Hopewell's other videos I'm guessing it is much darker and not funny.

Grimesy da Offspringfan
10-07-2008, 02:50 PM
I know i'm Negative Nancy, but sounds like another animated video story :/

Cock Joke
10-07-2008, 03:18 PM
That...plot...sounds..............AWESOME!!!

I hope Noodles plays the farmer!!! :D:D:D:D

IamSam
10-07-2008, 03:19 PM
I know i'm Negative Nancy, but sounds like another animated video story :/

Doubt it. Not the director's style.

EMehl6
10-07-2008, 03:22 PM
The way it's described, this video sounds like it could be somewhat of a spoof of "The Devil Went Down To Georgia".

cool 2 hate 681
10-07-2008, 03:44 PM
i hope the world premiere will not be with ign again

Orange County
10-07-2008, 03:46 PM
When Dexter says "Dance, Fucker, Dance" big LOL's if he sings it to a chicken :D

bouncingcoles
10-07-2008, 04:08 PM
[QUOTE=Jesus;1197125]THE OFFSPRING
UK 2008 3 mins 5 Secs

i really hope this is a joke

bighead384
10-07-2008, 04:22 PM
I don't know if someone said this already, but the fact that the length of the video is known must mean it's REALLY close to being released.

Free?
10-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Well, I hope it will be an acting video with actors, with less animation as possible. Also I've said it before it seems that most of Collision's contain animated backgrounds/visuals with artists/actors playing.
I can't see how YGGFK video could be dead serious. I like the plot. A (probably honest) farmer gets a golden guitar and with it's corrupting powers turns into a greedy influential bastard. Yes, it can't be dead serious.

Ryder1234
10-07-2008, 04:37 PM
...better be a gold Gibson LP guitar...if it is that'd be awesome, tis my dream guitar:D

It'd probably be a Gibson Les Paul Goldtop. Cause of the name having gold in it :p.

Cock Joke
10-07-2008, 04:55 PM
i hope the world premiere will not be with ign again

Amen to that! The preloader took a fucking eternity to get its ass moving!!!

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-07-2008, 07:06 PM
When Dexter says "Dance, Fucker, Dance" big LOL's if he sings it to a chicken :D

Wow, dancing chicken? That would be weird, no doubt.

Okay, I understand there will probably by symbolism and metaphors and all that jazz, but I understood the song to be about a kid (around middle school age) who is bullied, but then opens up a can on the bully(s) and they all see the Lightning in his Eyes and everything.

jacknife737
10-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Wow, dancing chicken? That would be weird, no doubt.

Okay, I understand there will probably by symbolism and metaphors and all that jazz, but I understood the song to be about a kid (around middle school age) who is bullied, but then opens up a can on the bully(s) and they all see the Lightning in his Eyes and everything.

There are a couple threads concerning the interpretation of the song, check them out if you're interested.

In my view, the song is more political in nature. The "kid" in the song, represents someone with the personality that seems to infect the corporate/ political world, ie using any means necessary to get ahead.

brothadave79
10-07-2008, 08:32 PM
There are a couple threads concerning the interpretation of the song, check them out if you're interested.

In my view, the song is more political in nature. The "kid" in the song, represents someone with the personality that seems to infect the corporate/ political world, ie using any means necessary to get ahead.

I agree, it's the rumor-spreading schoolyard mentality that people never grow out of.

IamSam
10-07-2008, 08:46 PM

*cough*Bush*cough*US Economy*cough*

jacknife737
10-07-2008, 08:51 PM
*cough*Bush*cough*US Economy*cough*

Man, you really should get that cough looked at.

IamSam
10-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Man, you really should get that cough looked at.

I know! It's harsh!

I really do feel the song has a major thing to do with politics and business as it relates to raising new generations of rats that poach on the weak.

killboybowerhead
10-07-2008, 09:36 PM
dude this farmer shit is way too deep. Hopefully there are some hot farm chicks with denim tops. Seriously what was wrong with like the pretty fly video??? lol. Nah it should be cool.

Little_Miss_1565
10-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Simple farmer with a magical golden guitar? Power metal much?

haha. Tenacious D was my first impression. It would be AWESOME is Jack Black made a cameo in this one.

It sounds cheesy, but I think I'm gonna like it. I have a soft spot for cheesy funny music videos.

And I have a soft spot for heavy metal! This sounds totally metal and I can't wait. Ronnie James Dio kind of shit. Fucking AWESOME.

RobinoZombie
10-07-2008, 11:20 PM
yay, a new pretty fly video?

SK8rocka
10-08-2008, 12:03 AM
hahaha this videos gonna be siiick.

i can imagine dewey (dexter's dog) appearing as some kind of farm animal.

seriously.

Budzy
10-08-2008, 12:09 AM

Greg has the biggest wand.

-L-
10-08-2008, 12:39 AM
Huhhh sounds interesting, but I'm afraid, we can't see the band in the video:( But I hope it won't be in this manner.

Rutegard
10-08-2008, 04:09 AM
THE OFFSPRING
UK 2008 3 mins 5 Secs

i really hope this is a joke

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH, jeeeez that was funny!!

hahaha this videos gonna be siiick.

i can imagine dewey (dexter's dog) appearing as some kind of farm animal.

seriously.

AHAHAAHAHAHA
fuck this one was hilarious too, but dewey is dead

Stylie
10-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Huhhh sounds interesting, but I'm afraid, we can't see the band in the video:( But I hope it won't be in this manner.

Why do you think so? If I'm right, every musicvideo this producer have produced the band to the song has beem in the video. I think they know about the respons on the Hammerhead video, and doubt they will do it again in a row.

IamSam
10-08-2008, 08:18 AM
How much do people want to bet that it will be a Myspace exclusive premier?

ad8
10-08-2008, 09:07 AM

And what about Imeem?:D

bighead384
10-08-2008, 09:12 AM

Not to be a dick, but I find it funny that you edited and changed it to this.

Sofinch
10-08-2008, 09:20 AM

ghehe ik ook niet :D (I didn't know direct how I had to translate it in English :p)

Rutegard
10-08-2008, 10:04 AM

oh no...

ghehe ik ook niet :D (I didn't know direct how I had to translate it in English :p)

eheheh :p we got that :D

IamSam
10-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Not to be a dick, but I find it funny that you edited and changed it to this.

I didn't edit it. Dick. That's what it said in the beginning.

bighead384
10-08-2008, 01:02 PM
I didn't edit it. Dick. That's what it said in the beginning.

He acts like he doesn't have a clue!

If I was a betting man I'd place money on the video premiering on Myspace...

Lolz

jacknife737
10-08-2008, 01:08 PM
You care way too much about these things.

Ninty Man
10-08-2008, 04:08 PM
You care way too much about these things.

What did I missed?

EMehl6
10-08-2008, 06:25 PM
What did I missed?

Nothing new. Just bighead being a douchebag.

Little_Miss_1565
10-08-2008, 06:50 PM
He acts like he doesn't have a clue!

Wait, so you're going to dog him out for saying he thinks it would premiere on MySpace, but then editing it to say *exclusive* premiere? Is you on crack?

IamSam
10-08-2008, 06:58 PM
That and it's in two different threads, therefore it should be slightly different.

Idiot. Everything was nice around here and then you decide to try and pull something and fail miserably. At least you are still consistent.

EDIT: Yes. Two seperate fucking threads. This thread and the actual premier thread. Sometimes I wish Noah and his family had missed the boat...name the famous person who said that last part first.

bighead384
10-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Wait, so you're going to dog him out for saying he thinks it would premiere on MySpace, but then editing it to say *exclusive* premiere? Is you on crack?

Folks...

I was kidding around. I thought the two similar posts were one post that got edited. And thinking this, I kinda just found it a little funny based on what he said about bets. Didn't think I'd be involved with several people in a conversation about it. And I never edited anything IamSam wrote.

IamSam
10-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Folks...

I was kidding around. I thought the two similar posts were one post that got edited. And thinking this, I kinda just found it a little funny based on what he said about bets. Didn't think I'd be involved with several people in a conversation about it. And I never edited anything IamSam wrote.

1. You weren't kidding. You were being the same douchebag you've always been.

2. Why wouldn't several people get on you about it? You deserved it.

3. No one said you edited anything I put. Re-read her statement.

bighead384
10-08-2008, 07:27 PM
1. You weren't kidding. You were being the same douchebag you've always been.

2. Why wouldn't several people get on you about it? You deserved it.

3. No one said you edited anything I put. Re-read her statement.

I was kidding man. If I wanted to be a douche, I think I'd pick a better battle than "You edited your post and I found it funny." This is a misunderstanding.

Little_Miss_1565
10-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Give people a reason to think better of your motivation, Bighead, and I bet they would.

Momerator gets the last word so let's get back to talking about how this video is going to be totally "Holy Diver" awesome.

SyLeS
10-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Sadly i have to say im not really that big on the plot, i just dont see it working very well. I still cant wait for the video though!

I really hope they prove me wrong!

jacknife737
10-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Give people a reason to think better of your motivation, Bighead, and I bet they would.

Momerator gets the last word so let's get back to talking about how this video is going to be totally "Holy Diver" awesome.

Oh god, i just got a mental image of "Dio".... i don't know how i'm going to get to sleep tonight.

randman21
10-09-2008, 03:28 AM
Oh god, i just got a mental image of "Dio".... i don't know how i'm going to get to sleep tonight.
Funny. I find Dio to be highly conducive to a good night's sleep.

Little_Miss_1565
10-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Funny. I find Dio to be highly conducive to a good night's sleep.

"Oh boy, sleep! That's where I'm a viking!"

Free?
10-09-2008, 07:17 AM
I don't think that YGGFK video will be like power metal old vids. At least not in medieval times! I see it like a today's farmer going all the corrupted way to become president, something like that. No vikings and valkyries lol! Damn, guys, you make me doubt, now I'm not that sure anymore. Grrrr.

bighead384
10-09-2008, 08:23 AM

There's no reason to end on that kind of note, but okay, case closed.

Rutegard
10-09-2008, 09:09 AM
I don't think that YGGFK video will be like power metal old vids. At least not in medieval times! I see it like a today's farmer going all the corrupted way to become president, something like that. No vikings and valkyries lol! Damn, guys, you make me doubt, now I'm not that sure anymore. Grrrr.

yeah something like that probably....i wonder WHEN!?

bighead384
10-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Dexter's gonna surprise us and have his hair in dreads for the video.

Rutegard
10-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Dexter's gonna surprise us and have his hair in dreads for the video.

u call it a surprise?!?!?!?

better call it a deadly surprise lolol

RobinoZombie
10-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Fun note:

1,382,670 plays of YGGFK
563,449 Plays of Hammerhead.

KHWHD
10-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Fun note:

1,382,670 plays of YGGFK
563,449 Plays of Hammerhead.

I can't really say I'm surprised to be honest. :cool: :eek:

Free?
10-09-2008, 06:31 PM
I can't really say I'm surprised to be honest. :cool: :eek:

Aha! But I think I've chosen Hammerhead over YGGFK when I was filling that survey :). Man, I almost can't remember what top3 songs I've chosen back then already!

randman21
10-09-2008, 11:25 PM
I was very surprised by the number of YGGF,K plays vs Hammerhead when I saw it about a week ago, just because I didn't think it was catching on that much. It's way behind Hammerhead in my book, but it is much more commercial. AND I've been obsessed with it for a few days now.

Budzy
10-09-2008, 11:34 PM
I was very surprised by the number of YGGF,K plays vs Hammerhead when I saw it about a week ago, just because I didn't think it was catching on that much. It's way behind Hammerhead in my book, but it is much more commercial. AND I've been obsessed with it for a few days now.

Today in class, we had a subtitute teacher, so everone was playing songs off their phones, some kid whacked on YGGFK and a lot of people turned around and go 'Yeah I love this song'/'Yeah, Good song'.
People like it.

Rutegard
10-10-2008, 03:37 AM
Today in class, we had a subtitute teacher, so everone was playing songs off their phones, some kid whacked on YGGFK and a lot of people turned around and go 'Yeah I love this song'/'Yeah, Good song'.
People like it.

AHAHA nice story!!

poor substitute teacher huh? lol

Budzy
10-10-2008, 03:47 AM
AHAHA nice story!!

poor substitute teacher huh? lol

Student rule number one: Subtitute teachers recieve no mercy.

haha

Rutegard
10-10-2008, 03:53 AM
Student rule number one: Subtitute teachers recieve no mercy.

haha

LOL i know...we used to do the same...

but since dex looks like a substitute teacher....oh man....poor dex...

OR ....second guess!! fuck that shit!! :D

Budzy
10-10-2008, 03:57 AM
LOL i know...we used to do the same...

but since dex looks like a substitute teacher....oh man....poor dex...

OR ....second guess!! fuck that shit!! :D

Dexter would be disappointed if we did not take advantage of subtitute teachers. :D

Rutegard
10-10-2008, 04:23 AM
Dexter would be disappointed if we did not take advantage of subtitute teachers. :D

probably yeah LOOOL

and also...it would be cool to tease him around!!

Smash_Returns
10-10-2008, 08:59 PM
That sounds like a Jack Black video. It'll be interesting, and if it's not animated, and shows the band, it'll be awesome.