PDA

View Full Version : Do you consider yourself to be NORMAL?

Drafan
10-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Maybe old question, but still actual. I donīt suppose many people here to be normal, so whatīs the special difference you have?

Rutegard
10-07-2008, 12:23 PM
no!

not at all!!

Blitzkrieg Bop
10-07-2008, 12:29 PM
How do you define normal and is there such a thing? :)

Thomas
10-07-2008, 12:35 PM
I think this could lead to a very interesting discussion as to what actually defines "normal". It's hard to say, really, because everyone has these little quirks about them that others would find strange. In another light, we are really all pretty much the same. We have the same sorts of tendencies and natures to us that really unites us as a species. I'm probably not articulating this very well, but I'll let you guys discuss this and try to make sense of what i'm saying.

dr.vanessa
10-07-2008, 12:39 PM
I'M NOT!!!AND I LIKE IT...:D:p:D:p

Ill.be.waiting.
10-07-2008, 12:41 PM

i think she's right seeing that point of view
:p
for many people may not be normal someone, but for others, could be the opposite

Rutegard
10-07-2008, 12:43 PM
i tried to be normal once....i didn't like it

LOL

Drafan
10-07-2008, 01:02 PM

hmm, you go to work every day, you love your wife/ husband, remember anniversaries, remember yours friends birthday, you donīt drink too much, always drive with caution, you are never doing crazy or dangerous things, you worry about loose ends, everyday ordinary stuff...

holland25
10-07-2008, 01:04 PM
It's hard to say. I don't consider the word 'normal' to be suitable to describe anyone. Everyone has his/her own qualities and everyone is special in some way, so the word 'normal' can be spoken only by someone's opinion and it differs in many ways...

holland25
10-07-2008, 01:07 PM
hmm, you go to work every day

I'm a student.

you love your wife/ husband

I'm single.

remember anniversaries, remember yours friends birthday

I'm proud to say I do

you donīt drink too much

No comment on this one.

always drive with caution

I don't have a driving licence.

you are never doing crazy or dangerous things

Oh, yeah, I do.

you worry about loose ends, everyday ordinary stuff...

No. That's all. Thank you for your attention. And sorry for the double post.

ninthlayer
10-07-2008, 01:22 PM
What a magnificent circle-jerk of mediocrity.

Sunny
10-07-2008, 01:41 PM

yep.

also, i've yet to meet a *single* normal person, if we stick to the definition of normal as well-adjusted and devoid of strange quirks, beliefs or behaviors. so there.

oh, and "original" is a pretty worthless concept.

ninthlayer
10-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Shout-outs Sunnies.

Rag Doll
10-07-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm definitely not normal. I'm a unique and special and precious little snowflake.

I mean, that's what we're all taught, no? And at the same time, you're also taught to conform to social norms.....

sigh.

bighead384
10-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Maybe old question, but still actual. I donīt suppose many people here to be normal, so whatīs the special difference you have?

I think a better topic question would be "What's unique/weird about you"? Which is sort of what you're asking in the part I quoted, but not on the poll question. It's too hard to judge whether or not people are "normal" or not as a whole, for several reasons.

Cock Joke
10-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Fuckin' insane asylum style shit MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

Mel_Off
10-07-2008, 05:03 PM
I often tend to be original, but the truth is that i'm fucking insane :D :D :D :D

Ninty Man
10-07-2008, 07:10 PM
I almost kill myself today with my Ipod...in front of the girl I like...

RickyCrack
10-07-2008, 07:17 PM
I hate this thread

HornyPope
10-07-2008, 07:48 PM
I hate this thread

yep.

also, i've yet to meet a *single* normal person, if we stick to the definition of normal as well-adjusted and devoid of strange quirks, beliefs or behaviors. so there.

oh, and "original" is a pretty worthless concept.

You three have so much intellectuality aching to get out. How crushing must you feel as you surf this board to discover that tonight--yet again--you will not find the challenge you're looking for.

Oh, if only there was a solution... if only. Here, let us all breath a collective sigh.

Sigh.

iPunk247
10-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Yes, Iīm normal, nothing unusual.? NOPE!
I often tend to be original.? NOPE!
Iīm grade A lunatic.? DOPE! me valid vote goes for this one because i am one.

lost_nvrfound
10-07-2008, 09:56 PM
You three have so much intellectuality aching to get out. How crushing must you feel as you surf this board to discover that tonight--yet again--you will not find the challenge you're looking for.

Oh, if only there was a solution... if only. Here, let us all breath a collective sigh.

Sigh.

... I like you...

I'm not going to jump on the whole "what IS normal?" bandwagon, because everyone knows how that conversation will go. We've all had it.

I did like the "I tend to be original" option. I don't think it really matters what normal is or how you fit into that standard (or don't). You always hear people say to "be yourself", but its more of a "do what YOU want to do" kind of thing. Whether that amounts to wearing the clothes, walking the walk and talking the talk of your everyday "conformist" or totally being an off the wall character that gets funny looks from everyone, is not important. You've just got to find your own comfort zone, you know?

Now that I am done sounding all philosophical, I must say I love my little quirks. I don't think i'm too out of the ordinary. My friends may argue otherwise, but to them, spontaneity is a foreign concept. I'm kind of into the whole follow-your-whim thing. :D

According to my chem lab partner, however, my quirks basically make me the epitome of cool. :cool:

Betty
10-07-2008, 11:49 PM

Sigh.

Vlad, I LOVE you.

It's funny, I was having this little mental debate with myself tonight about the BBS, and you hit it bang on. I'm thinking about how the BBS is such a complete and utter waste of my time, and whether I should just cut it altogether. But how I don't want to let it go because there are perhaps a couple dozen pretty damn brilliant (in some sense) people on here that I wouldn't want to lose touch with. But the BBS is probably never going to be used as an outlet for much of that brilliance, so we're all stuck here, trapped. Seeking something we won't find, but not being able to let go. Or maybe it's just me.

SIIIIIIGGGGGHHHH...

ps. I am extra special.

ninthlayer
10-08-2008, 12:06 AM

Sigh.
Breathe is the word yr looking for.

JUST AN FYI. LUVSUVLAD.

Drafan
10-08-2008, 03:37 AM

Ninthlayer, how wise you are, always you know what is right and what is shit, go and create something.

Rutegard
10-08-2008, 03:51 AM
i wouldn't mind if the offspring stopped playing self esteem, come out and play and pretty fly at their concerts...so i suppose im not normal , at all! lol

Sunny
10-08-2008, 03:57 AM
Breathe is the word yr looking for.

JUST AN FYI. LUVSUVLAD.

you, rickycrack and i should have a superior-intellect-and-booze fueled secks party. just sayin'.

<3

Vera
10-08-2008, 07:19 AM
I get education purely for a chance to shine on message boards as the intellectual superior to 15 year olds still trying to find themselves and their place in the world.

No, I suppose in the end we're all smart enough to realize that on average we're all pretty stupid, or smart, or the fact that the definitions for such terms are so vague and change depending on situation, just like how 'normal' and 'unique' are concepts whose definitions would vary depending on society, or who in that society you ask. On one hand none of us are living truly non-mainstream life styles, none of us is Amish or living in a hippie commune that grows their own food, similarly none of us is most likely a member of a terrorist organization living in the desert, an animal activist living in an abandoned building etc etc. These are all pretty unique life choices compared to going to work, going to school or being at home for whatever reason (laziness, gap year or between jobs). On the other hand we're not all from the same form, either - some of us have a unique sense of style, some of us enjoy odd foods like tar-flavored candy or parmesan on steaks, a lot of us enjoy things the people around us hate, or hate the things people around us love, and for that we feel like we stand out in some way.

I suppose in a way it's not a question of whether we ARE normal as that invites having to define what normal (or un-normal) is, but rather do we FEEL normal or not. Some people might feel like total outsiders, freaks even, while others feel well-adjusted into their environment despite the differences they have with the people around them (love for blue cheese, always dressing in black or loving hentai).

If I approach the question from this angle, then yes, I feel pretty normal.

Edit: Just realized the way the question is phrased, it pretty much means what you yourself feel about your normalness. On the other hand I also noticed the word "original" used as an antinym to the word "normal" which is a bit strange.. I mean, to me, a person can be normal while being original. As in, somebody can be your average bus driver living in London and thus normal but have a very original web comic they publish on the internet. Or somebody can be a regular white person in their 40's but be an amazingly original chef. On the other hand, if we really examine the term 'original' most things that are called 'original' probably wouldn't be.

..God I have no life. :]

Sunny
10-08-2008, 07:29 AM
Some people might feel like total outsiders, freaks even, while others feel well-adjusted into their environment despite the differences they have with the people around them (love for blue cheese,

DEVIANT!!!11

and bitter intellectual, too ;D

Sofinch
10-08-2008, 07:37 AM
naaaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaay!!!
In big groups I'm a really shy and silent girl
You almost don't hear me in my class this year
but my friends know better...
In a small group I'm noise in person, do stupid things, say stupid things etc.
People who know me better call me a monkey because I jump, crawl, kick,... on everything

Redjie
10-08-2008, 07:49 AM
i wouldn't mind if the offspring stopped playing self esteem, come out and play and pretty fly at their concerts...so i suppose im not normal , at all! lol

Oh, you are normal, you're just looking for a punch :D
J/K.

Anywéeeey, i I'm normal? Well I have two legs, two arms, I don't miss a finger, my weight is ballanced, well, I am pretty normal then :D
Seriously I don't know. I'm stupid and awesomly random. Is that normal?

lost_nvrfound
10-08-2008, 07:53 AM
generally speaking, I'd say you could call that normal. do you feel comfortable in your own skin?

Bleach
10-08-2008, 07:54 AM
...Consider myself I do not...

))<>((
FoReVeR

ad8
10-08-2008, 08:02 AM
If you agree that every person has its own character and taste and is different in some way because of that, then I could call myself normal...

ninthlayer
10-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Ninthlayer, how wise you are, always you know what is right and what is shit, go and create something.
Why do you think I'm a nonfiction writer?

you, rickycrack and i should have a superior-intellect-and-booze fueled secks party. just sayin'.

<3
Yes. Immediately. Just saying.

the_real_potomek
10-08-2008, 11:10 AM
I don't have brain so I can't be normal. and I doubt if my liver is still alive.

dr.vanessa
10-08-2008, 11:31 AM
I don't have brain so I can't be normal. and I doubt if my liver is still alive.

WOW you're even worse than me....i'm your FAN from now on..:D:D:D:D

Rutegard
10-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Oh, you are normal, you're just looking for a punch :D
J/K.

Anywéeeey, i I'm normal? Well I have two legs, two arms, I don't miss a finger, my weight is ballanced, well, I am pretty normal then :D
Seriously I don't know. I'm stupid and awesomly random. Is that normal?

hhaahahah

yeah maybe :p LOL

Stylie
10-08-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm not normal, I'm special and unique, mjeheh. ^^

Ninty Man
10-08-2008, 03:43 PM
I think that the "normal" question is the concept of normality your country, state, etc has.

For example:

In Mexico is "normal":
Being a catholic, and being devote to Guadalupe Virgin.
Have a house, children, maybe a car, work for your children and family, and of course you must baptism - is that the word?- your children in the catholic church, and you must marry in that church...
If you are poor, you have the same religious stuff, but you should being grateful with the things God gave you, not wanting more- and that's why must children leave their studies in junior high school, and the pregnancy thing is pretty high here-.
MMM... and normally if you are middle class person you should want to study law, engineering, architecture, economics, medicine, and then you should get a job, get marry, etc.

Every sunday is family day, if you don't see your family that day, is almost sin.
MMM... ah... yeah... if you are agnostic, listen punk, are cinic, sarcastic, misanthrope, don't want a car, study history, and you will prefer to burn alive that being married in church, then you are "weird"

bighead384
10-08-2008, 03:45 PM
if you are agnostic, listen punk, are cinic, sarcastic, misanthrope, don't want a car, study history, and you will prefer to burn alive that being married in church, then you are "weird"

Just out of curiosity, how popular is punk in Mexico?

Ninty Man
10-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Just out of curiosity, how popular is punk in Mexico?

MMM... not enough. Here is popular the SHITTY pop band of the moment- Paramore, for instance- and cumbias, rancheras, norteņas, salsa, reggaeton.

Here punk is like: shit, PUT OFF THAT FUCKING NOISE NONSENSE

HornyPope
10-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Vlad, I LOVE you.

It's funny, I was having this little mental debate with myself tonight about the BBS, and you hit it bang on. I'm thinking about how the BBS is such a complete and utter waste of my time, and whether I should just cut it altogether. But how I don't want to let it go because there are perhaps a couple dozen pretty damn brilliant (in some sense) people on here that I wouldn't want to lose touch with. But the BBS is probably never going to be used as an outlet for much of that brilliance, so we're all stuck here, trapped. Seeking something we won't find, but not being able to let go. Or maybe it's just me.

SIIIIIIGGGGGHHHH...

ps. I am extra special.

It has a lot of potential but also its many limitations. Ah well.

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH

Conspiracyof1000
10-08-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm a very plain, stupid, boring person. So I think I'm normal.

the_real_potomek
10-09-2008, 05:42 AM
WOW you're even worse than me....i'm your FAN from now on..:D:D

wooow:D I've become somebody's idol!:cool:

Grimesy da Offspringfan
10-09-2008, 07:58 AM
I definitely a crazy stupid dumbshit goddamn motherplucker :D :cool:

Drafan
10-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Thank you all for your responses, especially the long oneīs . keep this place alive :)

Rutegard
10-09-2008, 08:51 AM
i like to eat matches so...yeah...i'm not that normal lol

Sunny
10-09-2008, 08:53 AM
how old are you, Rutegard?

Rutegard
10-09-2008, 08:54 AM
how old are you, Rutegard?

almost 22

but i eat matches since i was 14, so good...but now i have it under control :p

gotta burn it first...and it's not the wood i eat huh?....it's the flammable part..or whatever you call it :p you should try one day

Drafan
10-09-2008, 09:03 AM

Chronical deficiency of sulphur? :)

Rutegard
10-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Chronical deficiency of sulphur? :)

HAAHAH

no, cause that would be a reason right? LOLOL

this is just madness!! ;) ;)

dr.vanessa
10-09-2008, 09:07 AM
wooow:D I've become somebody's idol!:cool:

will u give me an AUTOGRAPH???:D:D

Rutegard
10-09-2008, 09:11 AM

who would refuse you that?!? :D

the_real_potomek
10-09-2008, 09:12 AM

of course I will:D I can even do a special autograph for you, as my first fan:D

the_real_potomek
10-09-2008, 09:13 AM

no one:D she rocks too much to refuse her:D

Rutegard
10-09-2008, 09:17 AM

exactly :D ..................

dr.vanessa
10-09-2008, 09:18 AM
of course I will:D I can even do a special autograph for you, as my first fan:D

COOOOOOOOOOL:D:D

dr.vanessa
10-09-2008, 09:20 AM

THANk U:D:D

Sofinch
10-09-2008, 09:21 AM

LoL
wich food do you prefer? :D
The only eating match I would participate to is eating rice :D
other matches I just would fall of my chair :p

dr.vanessa
10-09-2008, 09:21 AM

THANX SiS:D:D

Cock Joke
10-09-2008, 09:37 AM
this is just madness!! ;) ;)

Madness? THIS...IS...SPARTAAAAA!!!!!

dr.vanessa
10-09-2008, 09:40 AM

HAHAHAHA 300...that''s Greek history...:D:D:D:p

Sofinch
10-09-2008, 09:43 AM

Madness ? Madness!! "Our house .. In the middle of our street..." ♪ :D

Rutegard
10-09-2008, 10:34 AM

AHAHAHAHA :p LOL

RickyCrack
10-09-2008, 03:49 PM
isn't sulphur poisonous? if so youre not abnormal. just stupid. actually its stupid either way

Rutegard
10-10-2008, 02:45 AM
isn't sulphur poisonous? if so youre not abnormal. just stupid. actually its stupid either way

it's phosporus by the way!

LOL

Budzy
10-10-2008, 03:02 AM
Normal as in yeah i'm pretty much the average kid, but everones weird in their own little way. I log onto this site and spend over 10 hours a week on this thing. Far as i'm conscerned thats bordering on stalker/freak.

The Search Button
10-10-2008, 04:06 AM
I'm normal, nothing unusual really but often I tend to be original and I'm a grade A lunatic also.

So this thread failz and I winz.

Rutegard
10-10-2008, 04:14 AM
I'm normal, nothing unusual really but often I tend to be original and I'm a grade A lunatic also.

So this thread failz and I winz.

u always win!! not fair dude!!

lol :D

Offspring-Junkie
10-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Normal? Nah......never! Extraordinary, but not normal.:D

HeadAroundU
10-11-2008, 01:59 AM
everyone has these little quirks
Endymion doesn't have quirks, he has quarks.

Camilamazed
10-11-2008, 05:35 PM
What I make of this thread is that some people forget they were young once.

tsk tsk tsk...

Speaking of Amish, I've been to Lancaster and paid 7 bucks to see an actual Amish house (which is super clos to a Target, what a contrast). The guide was telling us their history and stuff, and something came to my attention. Why are there millionaire Amish if they can't be frugal and stuff like that? If they don't (can't) use the money, why do they need huges amounts of it?

And yeah, I feel pretty normal because I don't need to insult people because I think I am smarter than they are.

Ninty Man
10-12-2008, 09:15 AM
What I make of this thread is that some people forget they were young once.

tsk tsk tsk...

Speaking of Amish, I've been to Lancaster and paid 7 bucks to see an actual Amish house (which is super clos to a Target, what a contrast). The guide was telling us their history and stuff, and something came to my attention. Why are there millionaire Amish if they can't be frugal and stuff like that? If they don't (can't) use the money, why do they need huges amounts of it?

And yeah, I feel pretty normal because I don't need to insult people because I think I am smarter than they are.

IRS is a bitch, you know?