PDA

View Full Version : After Encore Live Acoustic Songs?

Lord_Gabo
10-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Want you an after encore with all acoustic songs?

ergo: Defy You Acoustic, Kristy, Dirty Magic, Spare me the details etc..?

I thing that should be better for the entire session live.. A fast "first" part with all punk/Rock songs without slow song inside.. and a "lighter" end part with an amazing acoustic session...

what do you think?

KHWHD
10-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Hell yeah!!!

Camilamazed
10-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Hell no!!!!

Can't imagine an Offspring concert acoustic. Nah..

jacknife737
10-08-2008, 10:27 PM
The last time i saw Alkaline Trio live they split their live set into three sections Pt1 - electric (well, they played their entire first album), Pt 2 mini acoustic set, Pt3 a second "electric" set, it could be cool if they did something similar. Like i know during the Splinter tour sometimes the band would fake a "power cut" and then play a couple acoustic tracks, ie Dirty Magic. I think it would be a cool idea, but like i said, i'd stick the acoustic tracks in the middle of the setlist. If you put them at the end, it would be really anti-climatic, especially if it occurred after they played Self-Esteem.

Jesus
10-09-2008, 02:45 AM
The last time i saw Alkaline Trio live they split their live set into three sections Pt1 - electric (well, they played their entire first album), Pt 2 mini acoustic set, Pt3 a second "electric" set, it could be cool if they did something similar. Like i know during the Splinter tour sometimes the band would fake a "power cut" and then play a couple acoustic tracks, ie Dirty Magic. I think it would be a cool idea, but like i said, i'd stick the acoustic tracks in the middle of the setlist. If you put them at the end, it would be really anti-climatic, especially if it occurred after they played Self-Esteem.

Yeah indeed at the end it would be an anti-climax. I would prefer it in the middle too, the Foo Fighters did the same thing. An acoustic set (4-5 songs I think) in the middle during the last tour too. Btw they did that fake power cut thing during the co1 tour, not the splinter tour. We're getting old ;).
I personally love the idea of Offspring acoustic. It's also an easy way to make the concert longer haha.

Ninty Man
10-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Like Bad Religion???

Well... it could work, why not

Stylie
10-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Yeah, that sounds good jacknife737.
But would be cool if they actually did this. Would be interesting, and I'm sure it would sound awesome. So, YEAH!

Free?
10-09-2008, 03:19 PM
If I was on their show (probably once in a lifetime) I wouldn't mind to play them acoustics/make Donnie to do a striptease/sleeping on the stage/playing few chess games/making some BBQ after encore. ANYTHING would be accepted with great enthusiasm. :)
I wouldn't mind such acoustics if they would do such things, I wouldn't care much if they wouldn't.

Lord_Gabo
10-10-2008, 04:07 AM
Hell no!!!!

Can't imagine an Offspring concert acoustic. Nah..

not a full concert acoustic! only the songs after the final "encore"..

Rutegard
10-10-2008, 04:24 AM

that would take too long, they will never do that!

they would be tired as hell! lol

they are not in their twenties anymore LOL

cool 2 hate 681
10-10-2008, 04:32 AM
i voted no people will think they are copying bad religion if they do it now maybe in 2009

but i like the half acoustic half electric thing they do do on bored and extremely dangerous

if you don't know what im talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUtr1FndeVw

The Search Button
10-10-2008, 04:42 AM
i voted no people will think they are copying bad religion if they do it now maybe in 2009

but i like the half acoustic half electric thing they do do on bored and extremely dangerous

if you don't know what im talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUtr1FndeVw

Oh shit. I love that fucked up song! Thanks for that.

As for the topic, I think two or three acoustic songs in the Middle of the show wouldn't hurt. Dirty Magic, Defy You, TKAA, Amazed, Vultures or Nothingtown....ah....sweet.

chriiis
10-10-2008, 07:18 AM
After the encore, maybe one Acoustic song it's ok. and after this one, 2 o 3 power live songs ;D

Camilamazed
10-10-2008, 07:57 AM

Nah, even worse. Imagine everybody all excited, sweating like pigs and having fun then they have to stop and stand up to watch the band doing acoustic songs. It would not work.

=S

Lord_Gabo
10-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Nah, even worse. Imagine everybody all excited, sweating like pigs and having fun then they have to stop and stand up to watch the band doing acoustic songs. It would not work.

=S

well maybe you haven't never listen dirty magic live in katowice..

Rutegard
10-10-2008, 04:16 PM
well maybe you haven't never listen dirty magic live in katowice..

dirty magic is just diferent... :p ;)